privitude

Jun 26, 2017
The A69 thing is really frustrating. It's been almost a quarter of a year since there's been a version update of PL, and I have to wonder how much of that is because time that could have been devoted to PL was instead spent on A69.

Reactions: MrJ and Parnso

Seps

Sep 26, 2017
What do you think I'm getting out of "holding 0.7 hostage"? I could release it right now and get the easy money.

0.7 is a shit update, it's too small, it's too shit. It doesn't focus on any characters people care about.
Because I only charge upon release, I needed to make up for the fact that 0.7 is so shit. I realize pirates probably don't give a fuck if the patrons are getting fucked over, but I'm sure you can still understand the reasoning. I've opted to release a69 0.01 alongside it. Now one may ask, why not release 0.8 alongside it instead? That was in fact the original plan, if you go through my twitter feed, you can see as much. However, this project was simply something I had a lot of passion for because the ideas for it had been swelling in my mind for a long time. I felt like if I made this one update of a69, I'd get my ideas out there and it would give me more motivation to go back to working on PL.

It's frustrating. I do not understand why this place has become so hostile because of this.
And that is, what is kinda funny. Releasing/working on your A69 game doesn't focus either on any character people care about in PL. They are completely unrelated, so releasing new game has the same effect on PL story progression as any other game we see released here daily. And that effect is.... nothing.

Reactions: Parnso

wealthybigpenis

Donor
Nov 25, 2017
LUXEE! love the game. Please ignore the freeloading haters and concentrate on the love and respect. Mad props to ya.
Great works of art take time, you are truly an artist.

Reactions: VOYEUR

Munkey

Donor
May 30, 2017
Here is the release history for the past year:

- Jul 21, 2017
<- ~1 months between ->
- Aug 23, 2017.
<- 2 months & ~2 weeks between ->
- Nov 7, 2017.
<- 3 months & ~2.5 weeks between ->
- Feb 24, 2018.
<- 2 months & ~2.5 weeks between ->
- May 11, 2018.
<- 2 months & ~3.5 weeks ago ->
Just the facts:
- The time since the last update is still shorter than the wait between 0.4 and 0.5.
- Luxee has never promised regular update intervals, and doesn't get paid until he releases an update.
- Luxee made an executive decision to release PL 0.7 and A69 0.01 simultaneously.
- His most vocal patrons largely stand by his decision.
- Filling the thread with whining and complaints won't make the release come faster.

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
Here is the release history for the past year:

- Jul 21, 2017
<- ~1 months between ->
- Aug 23, 2017.
<- 2 months & ~2 weeks between ->
- Nov 7, 2017.
<- 3 months & ~2.5 weeks between ->
- Feb 24, 2018.
<- 2 months & ~2.5 weeks between ->
- May 11, 2018.
<- 2 months & ~3.5 weeks ago ->
Just the facts:
- The time since the last update is still shorter than the wait between 0.4 and 0.5.
- Luxee has never promised regular update intervals, and doesn't get paid until he releases an update.
- Luxee made an executive decision to release PL 0.7 and A69 0.01 simultaneously.
- His most vocal patrons largely stand by his decision.
- Filling the thread with whining and complaints won't make the release come faster.
And how many of the previous updates you mention did Luxee say was shit because it to was way too short? None of them. Yes, the time between v.4 and v.5 was longer than it's been between v.6 and now; however, that does nothing to change the fact that v.7 could have been released earlier had time that could have devoted to its development not been re-directed towards A69. Or, alternately, we could have gotten v.7 at the same time we're going to get it, but it could have been larger had time not been diverted to A69.

Whatever way you cut it, splitting your time between two projects is going to have a negative effect on them.

Munkey

Donor
May 30, 2017
And how many of the previous updates you mention did Luxee say was shit because it to was way too short? None of them. Yes, the time between v.4 and v.5 was longer than it's been between v.6 and now; however, that does nothing to change the fact that v.7 could have been released earlier had time that could have devoted to its development not been re-directed towards A69. Or, alternately, we could have gotten v.7 at the same time we're going to get it, but it could have been larger had time not been diverted to A69.

Whatever way you cut it, splitting your time between two projects is going to have a negative effect on them.
I'm not here to defend his choices. I wish he had just released 0.7 as soon as it was ready too.
I'm just trying to show that so far the release gap isn't technically much longer than "normal".

4.20 star(s) 219 Votes