armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I like the pure husband route. Breaking Elly's heart sucks, but pathos is good too.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Elly and Harem routes more! :cool:
I wonder what we will get in 0.8 harem route?Will be more Ada?Will Jenna do something with Emily?What about Sophie?

Reactions: Luxee

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
.7 is the pure husband route!
That's why Luxee is working on A#69 right now, he's fearful that players will be unhappy with the shortness/content of .7
I repeat myself again like you guys do. If he's fearful of the unhappines of the players, why not make the update 0.7 better? There is no real reason not to.

Reactions: wrx21

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
That's why Luxee is working on A#69 right now, he's fearful that players will be unhappy with the shortness/content of .7
I repeat myself again like you guys do. If he's fearful of the unhappines of the players, why not make the update 0.7 better? There is no real reason not to.
A lot of people aren't even going to play A69. I'm just not into traps, and the info on the game that's been posted in here just seems like a horribly generic sex game other than that fetish. I play PL for the incest and the renders of Elly and Ada. Emily has for me been the worst female character in the game, and I can't see too many people playing the game to focus solely on her. .7 should have just been made better, or held and released with .8 instead of a new game no one asked for and many people won't play. I get that the author wants to do this A69 game, but they shouldn't try to spin it as doing us a favor to make up for a sub-par update in PL.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
A lot of people aren't even going to play A69. I'm just not into traps, and the info on the game that's been posted in here just seems like a horribly generic sex game other than that fetish. I play PL for the incest and the renders of Elly and Ada. Emily has for me been the worst female character in the game, and I can't see too many people playing the game to focus solely on her. .7 should have just been made better, or held and released with .8 instead of a new game no one asked for and many people won't play. I get that the author wants to do this A69 game, but they shouldn't try to spin it as doing us a favor to make up for a sub-par update in PL.
The easiest way is just make Emily and harem route in same update.Like he did with Elly and harem in 0.6.
I hope the story in A69 is awesome,because so far the characters looks realy underwhelming.

Reactions: Boardguy and Parnso

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
I like the pure husband route. Breaking Elly's heart sucks, but pathos is good too.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Elly and Harem routes more! :cool:
Elly route creates strain in Emily and MC's relationship. So far I find the harem route the safest (for now) and best route since he hasn't broken anybody's heart (not yet anyway). Oh and Ada is starting to love dad like Elly does... I look forward to her progression too. 0.7 is an important progression in Emily's plot so the whole story can move forward. I myself like Emily... her character is nice. I'm guessing what made her less popular is her renders. Subtle changes in her artwork to make her more attractive and would improve her popularity. Elly is way too pretty compared to Emily you couldn't see a competition between them.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I think the problem is 0.7 is the Emily "pure husband" route, and he thinks not many people like that. I don't think he likes it very much. But, in a game where you can choose to be on the Emily route, it needs work, like all the others. Given that 0.7 is solely an Emily route (announced when 0.5 was released, or shortly after), it can't really be made better.

You know, people said the same kind of things when Mr. Dots announced Melody, and DMD was in limbo. Turns out Melody is really nice. Maybe A69 will be. Maybe not. But we won't know until it's released.

PL is coming to an end. Sure, not in the next few updates, but the end is in sight. Luxee needs something new to work on, and needs to start on it before PL ends. That's how things work in this industry.

Elly route creates strain in Emily and MC's relationship. So far I find the harem route the safest (for now) and best route since he hasn't broken anybody's heart (not yet anyway). Oh and Ada is starting to love dad like Elly does... I look forward to her progression too. 0.7 is an important progression in Emily's plot so the whole story can move forward. I myself like Emily... her character is nice. I'm guessing what made her less popular is her renders. Subtle changes in her artwork to make her more attractive and would improve her popularity. Elly is way too pretty compared to Emily you couldn't see a competition between them.
I think the big problem with Emily is her hair. It makes her look old. She's gorgeous, but that white hair just doesn't work for me. I still like her, tho!

Reactions: volto

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
You know, people said the same kind of things when Mr. Dots announced Melody, and DMD was in limbo. Turns out Melody is really nice. Maybe A69 will be. Maybe not. But we won't know until it's released.

PL is coming to an end. Sure, not in the next few updates, but the end is in sight. Luxee needs something new to work on, and needs to start on it before PL ends. That's how things work in this industry.
I was pretty dubious about Melody as well. I'm a big incest fan, so a game without it didn't seem that interesting to me. I do like the women in Melody though, and it seems written and paced better than DmD which has just kind of dragged on and on.

I think the big problem with Emily is her hair. It makes her look old. She's gorgeous, but that white hair just doesn't work for me. I still like her, tho!
Yeah, the hair is an issue for me. It's kind of grayish and makes her look older. She doesn't seem rendered as well as Elly and Ada, plus she doesn't seem nearly as attractive. There's also her being a non-incest character in an incest game. To make up for the lack of that kink, she needs to be something extra special, which she is not. Her value is primarily as the "you get to have sex with me early on before you get to the girls you want" character to keep people from being blue-balled during the early updates. She's also been kind of set up as the kind that wouldn't take well to the MC screwing their daughters, so in a way she's an obstacle as well, or should be.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
The issue there is that he's developing two games at once. Of course one is going to suffer because of the other. Just a bit foolish trying to multitask like that when he could just focus on one game, finish it and then move to the next one. Most people are nervous he's just going to abandon this one for his new game and they don't even seem to care to see the new game until this one is actually completed. People don't like throwing their money at projects that don't see completion. It's why alot of the patreon devs don't have as many backers as others (the ones who actually complete what they start rather than bouncing from one thing to another or working on multiple projects at once that slows down development to a snail's crawl).

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I think the problem is 0.7 is the Emily "pure husband" route, and he thinks not many people like that. I don't think he likes it very much. But, in a game where you can choose to be on the Emily route, it needs work, like all the others. Given that 0.7 is solely an Emily route (announced when 0.5 was released, or shortly after), it can't really be made better.

Maybe if Emily was the one to get red hair,not Elly.Still I like her.
BTW I'm sure A69 can't be like Melody.Most here are not into traps:)

Reactions: Corambis

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I can understand that quite a few people are suspicious of A69 and trap stuff and while I am not into it, why don't you just give it a try if it's optional? I'm not that hardcore, but I don't see a problem with such things if I can avoid it and maybe it won't even be a love interest, but something like a sidekick. I haven't paid too much attention to the progression and the info about the new game.

As for 0.7 I actually look forward to it in a way, I like Emily, but I don't like the Emily only arc, so this way it'll be out of the way for the rest of the game. The problem with the faithful husband route is that every girl gets her heart broken in one way or another and I don't likt it when this happen to my lovelies. What I don't get is the "I'll release 0.7 alongside of A69" stuff, I mean would it create such a big problem to just release 0.7, disable payments for a few days when A69 is released and enable it again afterwards?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Yeah, the hair is an issue for me. It's kind of grayish and makes her look older. She doesn't seem rendered as well as Elly and Ada, plus she doesn't seem nearly as attractive. There's also her being a non-incest character in an incest game. To make up for the lack of that kink, she needs to be something extra special, which she is not. Her value is primarily as the "you get to have sex with me early on before you get to the girls you want" character to keep people from being blue-balled during the early updates. She's also been kind of set up as the kind that wouldn't take well to the MC screwing their daughters, so in a way she's an obstacle as well, or should be.
Obstacle, or on the Harem route maybe a willing participant. She's let on that she knows something about MC and his sister.

The issue there is that he's developing two games at once. Of course one is going to suffer because of the other. Just a bit foolish trying to multitask like that when he could just focus on one game, finish it and then move to the next one. Most people are nervous he's just going to abandon this one for his new game and they don't even seem to care to see the new game until this one is actually completed. People don't like throwing their money at projects that don't see completion. It's why alot of the patreon devs don't have as many backers as others (the ones who actually complete what they start rather than bouncing from one thing to another or working on multiple projects at once that slows down development to a snail's crawl).
If you look at "real" game development, they start work on the next game before the current one is finished. For example, inXile started work on Bard's Tale IV before Wasteland 2 was finished and released. You don't want to set up your creation pipeline (writing, coding, rendering) only to stop when you finish your game and have to start designing the next one. You want to have the design done so you can keep the pipeline flowing.

A69 is his second game, and his first transition. There are bound to be hiccups. I, for one, am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, hoping that he'll figure it out.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
He isn't transitioning though, he's just slowing down on the development of one to shift his focus on another. Because of that, his current project which was this one, is now taking a back burner and that does give people pause to think maybe it's going to be abandoned in the long term. Could understand if the guy wants to devote time behind the scenes to start working on something else but not to the point it makes what he's already got out end up like so many other games, especially considering people like where it was going.

Reactions: Corambis

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
He isn't transitioning though, he's just slowing down on the development of one to shift his focus on another. Because of that, his current project which was this one, is now taking a back burner and that does give people pause to think maybe it's going to be abandoned in the long term. Could understand if the guy wants to devote time behind the scenes to start working on something else but not to the point it makes what he's already got out end up like so many other games, especially considering people like where it was going.
I doubt he will shift.After all there is 99% chance that we won't see second ep.of A69 before 2020-2021

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
But this is the first time he's done this. Think back to the first time you did something new. Did you screw up? I know I sure did. I say we give him room to screw up. That's how you learn.

Reactions: volto

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
Yeah, this kind of gives me Big Brother vibes, in that the developer was clearly losing interest in the game and wanted to work on another project instead. Now Big Brother is abandoned. I think it's a reasonable concern for people to worry that PL will be abandoned, or that every update in the future will be delayed to coincide with an A69 update. Luxee will be diverting time to A69 that once went to PL, and perhaps all of his good ideas will go to it as well. A69 seems to be the game that Luxee really wants to make, and the posts in this thread about it seem to indicate that they're trying to build the foundation for a bigger game than PL.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
I could personally care less what he does, it's just when I see so many people holding the same concern, it stands to reason the guy could potentially lose backers by not finishing what they want him to. Compared to other devs, he really can't take that kind of a loss on patreon. Like you said, we should give him a little wiggle room but people in general are prone to panic, especially when it comes to what they spend their money on. Most want to see a return, buy a movie, you want it to be a good one. Buy food, you want it to taste good. Same principal with games, you want it to be entertaining/something your interested in. The new game, most don't seem all that interested in it or at least, not yet anyway. Which is why i think he should focus on getting PL closer to a more completed state before turning too much time to developing a second. That way he at least retains his backers and maybe gains more along the way.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Yeah, this kind of gives me Big Brother vibes, in that the developer was clearly losing interest in the game and wanted to work on another project instead. Now Big Brother is abandoned. I think it's a reasonable concern for people to worry that PL will be abandoned, or that every update in the future will be delayed to coincide with an A69 update. Luxee will be diverting time to A69 that once went to PL, and perhaps all of his good ideas will go to it as well. A69 seems to be the game that Luxee really wants to make, and the posts in this thread about it seem to indicate that they're trying to build the foundation for a bigger game than PL.
Well actualy first was Glamour.DS abandon it to work on Big Brother.But after 1 year he drop BB and make a remake of Glamour.BTW almost same now goes with Au-Pair Innocence and Lost in Temptation.The dev start to work on second game and the first one is now on hold/I even count it like abandoned,it's 4 months since last update/.

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
counter argument will be that there is no loss for pledgers here since we're getting two games for the price of one,even though personally i couldn't be less interested in the new project,don't know about others.
thing is,such devotion he showed to new project while at the same time basically bashing the incoming update of PL raises question does he still has the same passion for creating and completing PL or will we get shit updates until the finish so that he can fully move on to new game? because,as @armion82 said,second update to a69 won't be until 2020 at this rate,and there's really not much sense working so hard and presenting the new game now just to put it aside for next 1,5-2 years

Reactions: Parnso
4.20 star(s) 219 Votes