crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
I meannnn... I feel like Patreon is hit or miss with their guidelines (or frankly they're not completely consistent).

Case in point --- was looking at Slonique's patreon page ( ) because I saw that they'd updated another one of their countless god awful games and saw it in the latest updates section and was wondering to myself how the fuck does this guy still have patreons?

Here's how Slonique describe their project "Oh My Love" on their patreon page:

Oh My Love
Son dates his hot mom. This game contains incest and so was banned. However the development goes on, but you need to contact me by email to get download links.
Update 9 (sex) is coming out in June and this will be the last one. The story ends here.
Update 8 (blowjob) is available for $5 patrons. Please for details how to get it.

So even if they don't provide links on their patreon page, it's very explicit:

A) what the game is about (incest)
B) how to go about getting it from the creator

and

C) further down you see a post notifying their patreons that said game has been updated (May 20th)

So if they really cared about the incest thing, or the young MC, or any of that jazz --- they'd have something or moderators who would quickly be able to take down a page or adjudicate it in a quick and decisive fashion.

Part of me thinks they pay more attention to the higher earners more strictly than other developers because of the concern about their "image" and what people might think Patreon as a company is "condoning" on their platform (which is frankly stupid --- should be same rules for everyone)

EDIT: Another thing I thought too (sorry, I love me some Luxee and kind of enjoy this story more than most of the games out there)....
If they're (Patreon) mad or upset that Ada is loli or underage looking --- then how the fuck is a game like Ecchi Sensei remotely allowed? :unsure:
(Don't mind that game either but if you've played it, then you know what I'm talking about...)

Last edited:

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I've always assumed that pages are taken down if they are reported for something.
Not from a surveillance team checking all the patreon pages.
Kind of like twitting. Someone gets mass reported, the system bans that account.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Well, this is never fun - it happened to Agent Red Girl not too long ago and was entirely due to "All My Mother's Love" having incest content - it's now called "All My Roommate's Love" and still going on Patreon. That's what it almost always happens to be the trigger condition, from what I've seen of Devs I've followed, at least.

I don't see it as being Ada-related, given that games such as Melody and Dating My Daughter never got flagged for their more petite+flat-chested characters - only (in the latter game's case) for incest themes.

Of course, MrDots managed to keep both games going and DMD is now on SubscribeStar.

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well, this is never fun - it happened to Agent Red Girl not too long ago and was entirely due to "All My Mother's Love" having incest content - it's now called "All My Roommate's Love" and still going on Patreon. That's what it almost always happens to be the trigger condition, from what I've seen of Devs I've followed, at least.

I don't see it as being Ada-related, given that games such as Melody and Dating My Daughter never got flagged for their more petite+flat-chested characters - only (in the latter game's case) for incest themes.

Of course, MrDots managed to keep both games going and DMD is now on SubscribeStar.
Actually from what I understand DMD did get hit with a loli charge for one character in particular, to me she looks more like a heroin addict. In Melody the Mr.Dots team did make the youthful looking girl cast member appear more a svelte late-aged teenager. It's a good bet Patreon had to okay anything in the Mr.Dots team's new game Melody prior to releasing it, thus it's vanilla flavor.
I however, like most fans, have no real knowledge about why this happened to this VN. It's a good bet it may have been a combination of factors. Hopefully this dev will be able to resolve this issue(s) without having to gut the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
There's a lot of discussion about Ada being the reason for the Patreon crackdown. I doubt this is the case - they've already hit him for Ada. He had to remove all of her (budding) sexy scenes, and add them back in with a big patch. The patch is now a small patch that turns on the taboo scenes.

Patreon has shown no indication that they dig around in games to find stuff that breaks their rules. If there's a complaint, someone from "Trust and Safety" will play the game and determine if it's a problem. Without the patch, which isn't advertised on Patreon, there is nothing with Ada that they would find objectionable.

My guess is he had a link or picture on his page that they didn't like, so they go heavy handed and put him under review. If they really cared about their creators, they'd include a writeup on the issues they found in a message to the creator when putting the page under review. But they're not professional, so they don't.

EDIT: Another thing I thought too (sorry, I love me some Luxee and kind of enjoy this story more than most of the games out there)....
If they're (Patreon) mad or upset that Ada is loli or underage looking --- then how the fuck is a game like Ecchi Sensei remotely allowed? :unsure:
(Don't mind that game either but if you've played it, then you know what I'm talking about...)
What's wrong with Ecchi Sensei? If you don't turn on Dark Mind (which isn't mentioned on the Patreon page), there is nothing objectionable. You can't compare the public Patreon-facing versions with the "objectionable" versions that we can play.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If they really cared about their creators, they'd include a writeup on the issues they found in a message to the creator when putting the page under review. But they're not professional, so they don't.
Yeah that would be nice.
Of course so would have been to honor their original terms and agreement standards and grandfathering in the devs operating under what both parties agreed to before Patreon changed the rules of their game.

Reactions: Zioner35 and fried

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
What's wrong with Ecchi Sensei? If you don't turn on Dark Mind (which isn't mentioned on the Patreon page), there is nothing objectionable. You can't compare the public Patreon-facing versions with the "objectionable" versions that we can play.

Personally I don't find too much wrong with Ecchi Sensei but was more saying that if it's a mere portrayal of Ada in Parental Love that dings Luxee from time to time then it's a little hypocritical that they are other games that flirt with that line of acceptable/not acceptable that don't run into as much trouble as Luxee.

Honestly, if they adjudicated or enforced their "rules" (Patreon) more uniformly and fairly it'd make more sense for their creators and game developers andddd any new patreons. Because frankly if you're wishy washy like this or seem to enforce them on a whimsical nature, you're really hurting yourself (Patreon) in terms of new business, money, and potentially driving people off towards alternatives.

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
3 pages of discussion and speculation about Patreon and their rules...
We just don't know people, just leave it at that and save your energy. Hell, the dev probably doesn't even know why.

Reactions: MarioDude

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Oh he won't. They take your page down without telling you why and you have to go to them to ask what the issue is. That takes days. And that's just to get a reason, to say nothing of the work in fixing whatever issue there is and then having them review it again.

I'd guess two weeks before the page comes back up. The good news is the next release is over a month away so while annoying for all involved it's likly only going to delay the project a little bit if at all. Unless Lex stops working until the site is back up.

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
Oh he won't. They take your page down without telling you why and you have to go to them to ask what the issue is. That takes days. And that's just to get a reason, to say nothing of the work in fixing whatever issue there is and then having them review it again.

I'd guess two weeks before the page comes back up. The good news is the next release is over a month away so while annoying for all involved it's likly only going to delay the project a little bit if at all. Unless Lex stops working until the site is back up.
The right time that page will stay under review depends from which is the real reason for this ; like i wrote in some post before same thing happened with Glamour and AWAM some weeks ago and this shut down was only for a few days . All reasons was for some naked photos posted in public post and In both case all causes have been explained from the Developer

Last edited:

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
It would be weird.. a pirate site hosting NSFW devs. That's like the cat renting a nest to a family of mice. It doesn't look good or seem comfortable to most devs. Just hoping luxee has a way out of this mess and talks to his supporters and gets it figured out. I will agree that if it's focused on Ada, he's up shit creek. The thing is, patreon doesn't police themselves. Their members do. So someone reported him and that is why he is under review.
some bitch ass sjw that's got a problem with women reported him. what's wrong with sexy ladies? doggy are these people insane?

• Haha
Reactions: unknown78

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Actually from what I understand DMD did get hit with a loli charge for one character in particular, to me she looks more like a heroin addict. In Melody the Mr.Dots team did make the youthful looking girl cast member appear more a svelte late-aged teenager. It's a good bet Patreon had to okay anything in the Mr.Dots team's new game Melody prior to releasing it, thus it's vanilla flavor.
I actually don't ever recall hearing Patreon was leveling loli charges upon MrDots due to DMD (probably the Jennifer character, despite her demonstrated age in the VN and whose body happens to match a few adults I've known), but would be interested to see references to such and then learn even more about Patreon's enforcement history, if so.

There were certainly fan speculations on that possibility, but the clear incest content appeared front and center in MrDots' sharing of the situation as it unfolded (and, if we recall, it came on the heels of "Big Brother" being hit for incest and becoming abandonded as a result:

https://f95zone.to/threads/dmd-patreon-kills-dmd.8639/

Reactions: RustyV

Don-Daddy

May 6, 2017
Luxee can start a website the same way dmd dev did. with his rules or find alternative for patreon with less strict rules if exist

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
some bitch ass sjw that's got a problem with women reported him. what's wrong with sexy ladies? doggy are these people insane?
Crusaders come in all stripes. Some good, some bad. I wouldn't say "ladies". I'd say a lady or two. It's a blonde overdose in here and I prefer the brunette cuz she's crazy and fun. I'm not sold on the fake redhead yet, tho. She's coming along nicely though.

Reactions: jackkane

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
Crusaders come in all stripes. Some good, some bad. I wouldn't say "ladies". I'd say a lady or two. It's a blonde overdose in here and I prefer the brunette cuz she's crazy and fun. I'm not sold on the fake redhead yet, tho. She's coming along nicely though.
brunette, do you mean the mc's sister,or ada's best friend?

4.20 star(s) 219 Votes