alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Does not hold water at all this argument when it's been half a year since a damn update.. None at all. He could still work on it and just post here.. No he just plain outright abandoned it.
It does hold water when the other version is how he gets his funding since he is developing a paid project. He replaced this one as the paid project, the one getting advertised and that makes money officially, because if he didn't, he could be out of developing the game completely. The other version uses characters that cannot be struck for copyright by any company that actually would, so it gets funding and therefore it gets priority. Neither is abandoned.

Is it dead???
No

and yet there are frequent updates of the "H" version
Because that one is funded and has higher priority, this one is not funded because it could cost him his Patreon due to copyright and therefore gets lower priority.

ParadiceZone

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Reposting the reason for the delay

"This game is pretty much onhold for now not abandoned, It will eventually get a large update catching it up. The holidays just left me not being able to work on any games, then immediately after the holidays, I figured out a way to get outfits out faster, which takes up most of my time to get that implemented, so that's what has delayed the release for this game. After all that is finished, and I have time to work on this game, it will get a fairly large release. At least that's the plan"

AdmKnives

Jul 30, 2019
I'm posting now because I've just tried this game and seen this mistake in three other places before now and it FUCKING bugs me: a 'principle' is an idea or rule that someone lives their life by, a 'PRINCIPAL' is the mother fucker that runs a school; Fix your spelling please. l.php.gif

Blanketsu

Feb 20, 2019
Reposting the reason for the delay

"This game is pretty much onhold for now not abandoned, It will eventually get a large update catching it up. The holidays just left me not being able to work on any games, then immediately after the holidays, I figured out a way to get outfits out faster, which takes up most of my time to get that implemented, so that's what has delayed the release for this game. After all that is finished, and I have time to work on this game, it will get a fairly large release. At least that's the plan"
that was 6 mounths ago ?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
that was 6 mounths ago ?
Six months of updates to the other version doesn't mean this one is dead. This one is dead when Paradice declares it dead or goes completely silent on it, neither of which has happened. The issue is this version is a copyright landmine just waiting for the right, or should I say wrong, copyright holder to find out and shut it down, along with potentially all development across all Paradicezone projects due to lack of funding. The other one is safe from that because the only copyright holder involved is known to do nothing about violations, but there are several copyright holders I could name that would come down on this version hard and fast as soon as they find out. Parodies are an extremely risky thing to pull off when money is involved.

JinnRemona

Feb 18, 2018
Not bad for a first release. Good girls, fun events. My main feedback would be that the school is a real pain to navigate around, it's hard to tell what floor you're on and the clicking around feels a bit cumbersome. Not so bad as it is now, but as more girls and events show up I can imagine finding it quite frustrating. Also, not being able to work bar in the evening feels kinda weird?
So to sum up, the game is now dead because he’s shaken to his core by something that won’t ever happen. Good to know. Thanks for clarifying.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So to sum up, the game is now dead because he’s shaken to his core by something that won’t ever happen. Good to know. Thanks for clarifying.
No, this version is on hold while the other one updates because this one is a copyright strike waiting to happen and the other is not, so the other can be funded. Funded projects take priority over ones being done completely for free.

JinnRemona

Feb 18, 2018
No, this version is on hold while the other one updates because this one is a copyright strike waiting to happen and the other is not, so the other can be funded. Funded projects take priority over ones being done completely for free.
You can believe that if you want but it isn’t true. He’s scared of something that won’t happen. That’s it. Somehow, his small parody game is at risk, but not the two or three dozen other parody games that all update and work from Patreon and Subscribestar. They’re all fine, because surprise, they aren’t afraid of something that won’t happen. But this is his game. He can abandon it all he wants, like all his fans have.

Reactions: Abagofbabies

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You can believe that if you want but it isn’t true. He’s scared of something that won’t happen. That’s it. Somehow, his small parody game is at risk, but not the two or three dozen other parody games that all update and work from Patreon and Subscribestar. They’re all fine, because surprise, they aren’t afraid of something that won’t happen. But this is his game. He can abandon it all he wants, like all his fans have.
It isn't true when one of several things happens: A. The developer says it is no longer in progress, B. The developer goes completely radio silent for multiple months, minimum of three, C. The developer is caught in a milking scheme.

None of the above is the case, so the game is not dead.

As for being scared of something that won't happen, that is correct, because he isn't getting funding for the version it would happen to. We're talking about companies like Toei and DC Comics here, both of which are known to be very active against copyright infringement. In fact, Toei has been so active in the last year that several YouTube channels that were under blatant fair use protection got hit by incorrect copyright strikes. The only reason other parody games are fine now is because they aren't parodying off of huge companies with both the resources and the will to go after those games. You seem to be under the impression that everyone abandoned ship, but that isn't the case or development would have shut down a while ago, and no, a pause is not a shutdown.

Reactions: Count_Viraxis
4.10 star(s) 44 Votes