Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Connie

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Alejandra

Votes: 33 34.0%

• Total voters

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
What song is that on the main menu? It sounds like something from Caravan Palace. I'm certain I've heard it before but can't remember where.

Rando Civ

LMFAO.
Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
What song is that on the main menu? It sounds like something from Caravan Palace. I'm certain I've heard it before but can't remember where.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
You're a version early ;)
I assume he means that imagination flashback scene from the school when he was young.

Major critique: The previous release to this was 9 months ago, the update seems pretty light for that long of a time. Yes I know all the people working on the game have other games they are working on.

Minor critique: All of these special clue finding mini-games, or choices having consequences (Oats), but no real use of them after their introduction.

Minor critique: The symbols on the coins for clues on the map need to stand out more. The size of the symbol and the color/gradient/shine make it difficult to tell apart.

Minor critique: Feels like if you do some of the choices in a specific order MC should recognize Lola. He has heard her voice on 3 separate occasions.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
I assume he means that imagination flashback scene from the school when he was young.

Major critique: The previous release to this was 9 months ago, the update seems pretty light for that long of a time. Yes I know all the people working on the game have other games they are working on.

Minor critique: All of these special clue finding mini-games, or choices having consequences (Oats), but no real use of them after their introduction.

Minor critique: The symbols on the coins for clues on the map need to stand out more. The size of the symbol and the color/gradient/shine make it difficult to tell apart.

Minor critique: Feels like if you do some of the choices in a specific order MC should recognize Lola. He has heard her voice on 3 separate occasions.
Yeah, that was my bad. I burned a month learning 101 ways not to build an integrated walkthrough during the last update of Delicate Taboo and then started a new job that leaves me far less time to work on the games during this update of Pater. I've reworked some of my processes, though, and 0.3 is coming along much faster. As for the amount of content, we originally intended to have more, but we punted an Ashley scene until 0.3 to cut down on dev time.

A couple of the investigations do result in dialogue changes already. They will factor into the overall endings once we get there, but it's only our second release.

I wondered if the coins were distinguishable, but I figured I'd wait and see if anyone had problems. So thanks for that feedback. I was going to revisit the design at some point because I'm testing the android port for the game and it's even harder to differentiate on a phone. So I'll prioritize that now that my suspicions have been confirmed.

I didn't notice that implication in the Lola scenes, but I'll take a look. Do you happen to remember the sequence?

Thanks for the feedback, it was helpful!

Reactions: haooni

Karybdis

Oct 29, 2017
This is a very silly comment, but I just started the game and although I doubt this is significant, it's funny Frank married two women who essentially have the same first name (since "Peggy" is a diminutive of Margaret, Margaret->Meggy->Peggy).

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Is the new version supposed not to recognize saves from previous versions? I don't see it mentioned in the change-log but just started up 0.2 and the load screen is completely bare.

Edit: Yeah, the persistent save folder is date stamped for some ungodly reason, the new path is C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\PaterFamilias20220201
Korben Dallas has anything changed in the coding or can I copy over my old saves from PaterFamilias20210801 with a reasonable hope of success?

Last edited:

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
On the whole I like this a lot, one thing that is so ludicrous it kind of breaks any kind of immersion is the firehose dick and the couple of liters per sperm that comes shooting out. Just one step too far. Humongous funbags? Sure, I can work with that. Enormous dong? Sure. Fat old guy protagonist? Kind of refreshing to be honest. Sperm cannon that can put out forest fires? Ok, whoa, dial it back a little.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I regret to inform you that the sound-based minigame can go eat a bushel of dicks.

Looking at the script, the path is supposed to be Right Left Left Left Right Right.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I didn't notice that implication in the Lola scenes, but I'll take a look. Do you happen to remember the sequence?
If I remember you could laptop and see her from behind in same clothes and hear her talk to the son with Becky filming, then you could go to bar to see daughter and again hear her speak, I forget if both mentioned her name. Finally at the car dealership you walk by seeing her with the same clothes/hair and directly overhear her speak again. Just felt weird MC couldn't differentiate that same voice which pops up in 3 different clue scenarios in a few days. I don't think it matters in which way you would take them though, MC is paying attention and looking hard for clues so he should have picked up on that in my opinion. Obviously the clothes thing isn't really a big point since that is more a limit on the model making software.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Is the new version supposed not to recognize saves from previous versions? I don't see it mentioned in the change-log but just started up 0.2 and the load screen is completely bare.

Edit: Yeah, the persistent save folder is date stamped for some ungodly reason, the new path is C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\PaterFamilias20220201
Korben Dallas has anything changed in the coding or can I copy over my old saves from PaterFamilias20210801 with a reasonable hope of success?
Yeah, the code changed a lot. Two new time periods in the day for events, new vars, and several scenes got name changes so old saves were useless. The timestamp is there so users (and me) know which folder contains current saves in case I have to do it again in the future (very unlikely).

If I remember you could laptop and see her from behind in same clothes and hear her talk to the son with Becky filming, then you could go to bar to see daughter and again hear her speak, I forget if both mentioned her name. Finally at the car dealership you walk by seeing her with the same clothes/hair and directly overhear her speak again. Just felt weird MC couldn't differentiate that same voice which pops up in 3 different clue scenarios in a few days. I don't think it matters in which way you would take them though, MC is paying attention and looking hard for clues so he should have picked up on that in my opinion. Obviously the clothes thing isn't really a big point since that is more a limit on the model making software.
Ah, I see what you're saying. I'll discuss it with Rando and see what he thinks. He may have something planned.

Waiting for a Android version...
See here for more on why there isn't an android version.

https://f95zone.to/threads/pater-familias-v0-2-delicate-games.86213/post-7757422

Reactions: haooni and gregers

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
not even a big deal of a complaint because the humor is why i'm gonna stick around. but anyways i did notice that how MC reacts to certain situations is pretty much determined already. we get a small tutorial that choices in the past could affect the current timeline. but didnt really get a chance how to react or with who. the teacher is already set up for example.

aside from that once again cant say i really care. game is just too funny. my favorite part is just when the beast frees itself from his cage and just tears through:ROFLMAO:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah, the code changed a lot. Two new time periods in the day for events, new vars, and several scenes got name changes so old saves were useless. The timestamp is there so users (and me) know which folder contains current saves in case I have to do it again in the future (very unlikely).
Completely fair, I suspected as much. To cut down on repetitive questions it might be worth noting in the change-log when an update breaks saves.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Completely fair, I suspected as much. To cut down on repetitive questions it might be worth noting in the change-log when an update breaks saves.
Yeah, my release notes were dog shit this time. I've included a heads-up about nuking saves in the past for DT, but I wanted to get this thing out so I cut some corners

Reactions: gregers

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Patch: *

* This patch is unofficial and is not released by the developer. Download at your own risk!
is this a "wink wink nudge nudge" not official.
or is it a genuinely third party mod that adds incest where there really was none?

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes