alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
i'm aware but after like 14/15 months i have no reason to believe him coming back to this he has made no hint or even mentions this anymore (Not that i saw anyways)

as for the new project i hope he finishes it but since this one drop dead in the water i pulled my sub its not lke im an asshole or anything but i firmly believe people should finish the project they're on before starting a new one i sub in support of this project not for my money to goto another project
To be fair, why would he mention an on hold project when he wants his entire focus at the time on the other one? Also, while your intention was to sub for this game, that is not how subbing actually works. You may have only been supporting this game in principle, but in reality you were supporting all projects by this developer, just saying.

hylin

Mar 30, 2022
[引用="清除,帖子:4524237,成员:2003209"]

[/引用]
相同 麻烦 需要 帮助文档

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
i'm aware but after like 14/15 months i have no reason to believe him coming back to this he has made no hint or even mentions this anymore (Not that i saw anyways)

as for the new project i hope he finishes it but since this one drop dead in the water i pulled my sub its not lke im an asshole or anything but i firmly believe people should finish the project they're on before starting a new one i sub in support of this project not for my money to goto another project
I get your logic... but unless their patreon was called "Peaceful life the game" then subbing isn't for the game, but for the dev.

Just cause you want to support a certain project doesn't change that.

That being said I ain't telling you to keep subbing if you don't want to obv. just be aware that when you support a dev patreon acc... you are supporting the dev not the game.

Reactions: SatanSama666

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018

To provide some context if somebody else hasn't already, the reason Lyk4n has not updated this project is because of the coding limitations on Peaceful Life (PL). He was basically a noob when building this game and so the code he used were creating bunch of problems like quests repeating, not properly updating, not triggering or not giving correct future options for past choices...

So the only way he could have continued this game was by either continuing it that way and making the players as well as himself angry and frustrated coz of the buggy game

or

remaking it from scratch which would have taken too much time and also meant there wouldn't be new content for both PL and MRD. Thus, he decided to continue working on MRD until it is completed and then return back to PL (remaking it basically)

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
when will the Peaceful Life game be updated?
When Lyk4n finishes its main game, is my guess. Maybe.

It should be pointed out there's a scene in that other game involving the characters discussing and questioning a "film" they are watching, that feels a bit like a commentary of sorts of the Dev on this one. If it ever makes a comeback, some reworking might be involved.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020
Stuck on Reiko and Saotomi's routes, "follow her" (reiko) and "submit your group assignment" (Saotomi). Pretty sure i've done the group project, and I went through the Saotomi masturbation scene, but the game tells me to deliver the group project but I have no idea how to. EVERY other questline is finished

Mejo702

Aug 22, 2019
When Lyk4n finishes its main game, is my guess. Maybe.

It should be pointed out there's a scene in that other game involving the characters discussing and questioning a "film" they are watching, that feels a bit like a commentary of sorts of the Dev on this one. If it ever makes a comeback, some reworking might be involved.
Or he just abandon that plan recently.. oh my.. :(

Reactions: Dringar

Daastaan007

Jan 10, 2019
To provide some context if somebody else hasn't already, the reason Lyk4n has not updated this project is because of the coding limitations on Peaceful Life (PL). He was basically a noob when building this game and so the code he used were creating bunch of problems like quests repeating, not properly updating, not triggering or not giving correct future options for past choices...

So the only way he could have continued this game was by either continuing it that way and making the players as well as himself angry and frustrated coz of the buggy game

or

remaking it from scratch which would have taken too much time and also meant there wouldn't be new content for both PL and MRD. Thus, he decided to continue working on MRD until it is completed and then return back to PL (remaking it basically)
Well, dev don't have to remake it from scratch but still he can continue this story.

He can make the V0.9 as Part-1 of the game and end it, so far. Now that, he is good with codes, he could start a new part.

To start a new part, he could
i) just put some choices from the part-1 in the starting of new part.
OR
ii) made a simple end of V0.9 and create a save file we can import to the new part.

Mejo702

Aug 22, 2019
Well, dev don't have to remake it from scratch but still he can continue this story.

He can make the V0.9 as Part-1 of the game and end it, so far. Now that, he is good with codes, he could start a new part.

To start a new part, he could
i) just put some choices from the part-1 in the starting of new part.
OR
ii) made a simple end of V0.9 and create a save file we can import to the new part.

Either way we will wait and see. i think he can do all options which either to make it easier for himself and his team. i wont rush him, either should anyone. so i'll wait until hes full done with MRD. I want to support both games but thats money which i dont hav soo it works out for most .. or for me at least soo...

Oct 26, 2017
At the end of the day, putting aside my personal opinions on this game vs that game, a dev that will drop something once without worry about finishing it, is likely to do it again. Patreon (and sites like it) are essentially investment platforms where people can go to invest in a particular product or service they would like to see grow. The difference being that instead of financial return, their return is the product or service offered by the person(s) they are investing in. From that point of view, it wouldn't be a very wise decision to invest in a "company" that starts off with a reputation for leaving projects unfinished. If he wants to keep a steady income, he has to establish a better reputation for delivering on the product or service he is trying to sell. And so far, he's 0-1. Objectivity aside, I hope he proves me wrong and finally delivers on everything he's put out there. But at this point, I'm not hopeful. He's got the skills to be a great dev. But he really needs to do better on the business side of things if he ever is going to be considered more than a hobbyist dev at best.

• Sad
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss
3.80 star(s) 17 Votes