Alanthos

May 10, 2018
One day people will give details along with their questions and on that day unto us a child will be born who will .......
You have as much detail as I can give. Up to date and patched on PC. Every save file simply gives the message Script Error and doesn't load. Doesn't matter if it is the latest save or something from ages ago. Just started happening.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
You have as much detail as I can give. Up to date and patched on PC. Every save file simply gives the message Script Error and doesn't load. Doesn't matter if it is the latest save or something from ages ago. Just started happening.
Hmmm you say you gave all the details, then add 4 sentences of detail missing from your original post

you also missed ;
  1. what operating system are you using,
  2. what was the last version that worked for you,
  3. you said "A script error" is that the exact wording of the error?,
Just started happening.
lacks context, just started happening when?
  1. when you updated to this version?,
  2. when you installed the fix?,
  3. when a black cat crossed your path?
have you manage to save/load with this version at all?
Can you make/load fresh saves from a new game?
Have you tried downloading fresh and importing your saves?
there might be a hardware fault have you tried scandisk, or any other diagnostic tools?

I honestly don't know what information may be relevant I'm no expert on this subject, but when in doubt tell everything you think might be relevant, remember we can't see what you see, and there are a lot of things that can potentialy go wrong, try not to make everyone else interrogate you

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PhineasFlynn

Alanthos

May 10, 2018
Hmmm you say you gave all the details, then add 4 sentences of detail missing from your original post

you also missed ;
  1. what operating system are you using,
  2. what was the last version that worked for you,
  3. you said "A script error" is that the exact wording of the error?,
lacks context, just started happening when?
  1. when you updated to this version?,
  2. when you installed the fix?,
  3. when a black cat crossed your path?
have you manage to save/load with this version at all?
Can you make/load fresh saves from a new game?
Have you tried downloading fresh and importing your saves?
there might be a hardware fault have you tried scandisk, or any other diagnostic tools?

I honestly don't know what information may be relevant I'm no expert on this subject, but when in doubt tell everything you think might be relevant, remember we can't see what you see, and there are a lot of things that can potentialy go wrong, try not to make everyone else interrogate you
Ok, we are going to be pedantic. fine.
1 PC, as mentioned (windows 11 OS)
2 Current Version (2.61 +patch)
3 "Error Script Error"

1/2 Updated to this version, with patch about a week ago.
3 You are being an ass, but for the randomness of what caused the problem, it might as well have been.

4 yes, everything was fine, saved and turned exited, next time the problem began
5 if I start a new game, yes i can make a new save, no i cannot load ANY saves.
6 Yes
7 Yes

8 And so you see, I DID tell every bit of information that I think might be relevant.

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
3 "Error Script Error"

3 You are being an ass, but for the randomness of what caused the problem, it might as well have been.

4 yes, everything was fine, saved and turned exited, next time the problem began
6 Yes
7 Yes

8 And so you see, I DID tell every bit of information that I think might be relevant.
Try download some saves from here and use it. Check your rights in game folder.
But Im pretty sure there is issue with that black cat...

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
3 "Error Script Error"

6 Yes
7 Yes

What I am, is tired of entitled assholes thinking I am paid enough to give a shit about their piddly ass problems, if you want friendly help don't make the other guy work so hard to get the info needed to diagnose the issue, don't be a smart mouth claiming that you already gave all the revelvant information when there is cleary a huge difference between

getting a script error anytime i try to load any saves.
vs
1 PC, as mentioned (windows 11 OS) ............<[New information, Operating system can be a massive factor]
2 Current Version (2.61 +patch)....................<[New information]
3 "Error Script Error"...................................<[Specific Info]

1/2 Updated to this version, with patch about a week ago.. .. <[wow. an actual time scale]

4 yes, everything was fine, saved and turned exited, next time the problem began ....<[worthwhile information]
5 if I start a new game, yes i can make a new save, no i cannot load ANY saves..........<[new info]
6 Yes.........................<[what the fuck does yes mean, you want me to search another post to figure what this relates to]
7 Yes.........................<[this yes relates to the question did you use scandisk or any other tools, what does YES mean here?? What have you done to diagnose a hardware fault??]

8 And so you see, I DID tell every bit of information that I think might be relevant......<[BULLSHIT]
there is a lot of info in here that might let someone diagnose your problem, just remember nobody here is paid enough to put up with sarky entitled bullshit, and quite franky even if you were paying me I might still tell you to look elsewhere

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Good practice in asking for help
  1. State your operation system and version of the game, include any patches/fixs/mods that have been applied
  2. Clearly describe the bug and any error messages that might pop up
  3. Describe when/how/where it happened and anything that might help others replicate the problem
  4. If it used to work fine, then try to describe what might have changed, (things don't stop working for no reason)
  5. State what steps you have already taken to try and diagnose or fix the problem.

Alanthos

May 10, 2018
I like you selective editing of my info. As it appears to you that my very general query, hoping someone might have SOME idea what was happening, requires obvious clarification such as the word "any" in the op, or my subsequent followup, means the same as "any" in question 5. Also, the confusion at my numbering answers to unnumbered questions. As for you calling Bullshit, I would say if there has been NO changes, everything is otherwise up to date, and basic troubleshooting step have been attempted, then yes ALL relevant info has been given. But thank you for your time.

Try download some saves from here and use it. Check your rights in game folder.
But Im pretty sure there is issue with that black cat...
Good and helpful thoughts. My permissions/rights haven't changed and are good.
I just did try to dl a random new save. It didn't work either. So I tried something more and deleted the game and re-downloaded it. It works fine with a new game save, but even the random save couldn't be loaded. this leads me to suspect there is something in the save indexing itself that is at fault, I guess I will just have to restart the game.
Thanks for ideas.

Reactions: PhineasFlynn

TBBBRR

May 19, 2017
Sorry for the newbie question, but where the hell can I find the Mayor? Guard in the north say to get his written permission, but in the mayors house there is only Victoria, a guard and a bald guy where I can rename the player. There seem to be stairs that go up, but you can't actually walk on them.

I'm on Version 251 by the way.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Sorry for the newbie question, but where the hell can I find the Mayor? Guard in the north say to get his written permission, but in the mayors house there is only Victoria, a guard and a bald guy where I can rename the player. There seem to be stairs that go up, but you can't actually walk on them.

I'm on Version 251 by the way.
The bald guy is the mayor... click on the table space in front of him & ask about "other jobs".

Guy777

May 21, 2020
What I am, is tired of entitled assholes thinking I am paid enough to give a shit about their piddly ass problems, if you want friendly help don't make the other guy work so hard to get the info needed to diagnose the issue, don't be a smart mouth claiming that you already gave all the revelvant information when there is cleary a huge difference between

vs

there is a lot of info in here that might let someone diagnose your problem, just remember nobody here is paid enough to put up with sarky entitled bullshit, and quite franky even if you were paying me I might still tell you to look elsewhere
What the hell is your prob dude? He was just asking for help if you don't wanna help just gtf. No need to start being salty

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
What the hell is your prob dude? He was just asking for help if you don't wanna help just gtf. No need to start being salty
has to do with people dont want to try and look for answer
basicly i answered a bug alteast 15 times, most frustrating moment was
someone quoting a problem, and FUCKING below it was the answer......
that just got me bit mad, no-one uses the search option in the threat.
so at some point you get salty, repeating the same answer again and again.
And lack of information is a problem due some things different between PC , apple or phone users.
and just saying the game give me a error isnt realy helping.

but one person here didnt know how to apply the bugfix due wasnt good with pc
than i dont mind explaining step by step how to do it due the person said its a big issue for them.

4.20 star(s) 202 Votes