Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
To avoid confusion why hasent anyone differentiated the 3? So NTR for the 1st as described the NTRS for the 2nd & NTRI for the 3rd. Would clear up alot of confusion I think.
...a very long and ongoing debate.
People even petitioned to remove the tag alltogether as there are already english terms among the tags that apply to each fetish

Reactions: DomWolf and Mr.Hide

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
To avoid confusion why hasent anyone differentiated the 3? So NTR for the 1st as described the NTRS for the 2nd & NTRI for the 3rd. Would clear up alot of confusion I think.
They avoid confusion by ignoring the other kind, Netorase gets tagged as sharing, and Netori as cheating

...a very long and ongoing debate.
People even petitioned to remove the tag alltogether as there are already english terms among the tags that apply to each fetish
Not really, NTR is something unique, the best analogy I would be to compare it to those Chick flicks women to love to cry too, there is something masochistic about NTR done properly, real emotional impact that no other tag encapsulates.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
They avoid confusion by ignoring the other kind, Netorase gets tagged as sharing, and Netori as cheating

Not really, NTR is something unique, the best analogy I would be to compare it to those Chick flicks women to love to cry too, there is something masochistic about NTR done properly, real emotional impact that no other tag encapsulates.

Still dosent stop the confusion as there is non of what you described for NTR in this game its is obviously the latter (3rd description) in this case & tbh that has still triggered people to become on edge when reading the tags. It just seems rather silly to have the same abbreviation for 3 similiar things when we could just have 3 slightly different abbreviations & not be AS confused.

But who am I to argue with net-culture lol

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Still dosent stop the confusion as there is non of what you described for NTR in this game its is obviously the latter (3rd description) in this case & tbh that has still triggered people to become on edge when reading the tags. It just seems rather silly to have the same abbreviation for 3 similiar things when we could just have 3 slightly different abbreviations & not be AS confused.

But who am I to argue with net-culture lol
The eternal debate like Evangelion-01 said.
The big problem is the amount of effort required to sort out and moderate this is way more than you can expect from unpaid volunteers.
+The sites attempt at condensing its meaning into a single sentence has done more harm than good IMO, it gives the trolls something to point at to support their claims.

Not to mention all those people who claim everyone you can potentially fuck is an LI. (A love Interest is someone who would break your heart if they fucked someone else, not some notch on your bedpost, and definitely not someone who doesn't even know you exist)

God... I want to punish them worse than those people who keep using the word "literally" when they mean "figuratively".

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Three types, only Netorare counts for F95 Tags, Only Netori in this game.
  • NTR (Netorare) ( 寝取られ ) which literally translates to "taken away by sleeping with." is a genre focused on infidelity in which storylines typically focus on the internal emotional distress/trauma caused by one member in a relationship cheating on the other. This cheating is mostly non-consensual which involves deceit, manipulation and lies, blackmail or drugging or forced and in the end the partner cheating gives in to the perpetrator. It used commonly when FMC cheats on MC causing him emotional trauma because most stories are MC focused.
    Or in Simple vague terms people use as when Douche steals MC's partner.
  • (Netorase) is basically a willing cuckold. MC is actually wanting and willing to make FMC to have sex with other people and felt pleasure from seeing them.
  • (Netori)[Most Popular] FMC is cheating (consensual unlike NTR(netorare) ) with MC on her partner.
    Or in Simple vague terms people use as when MC steals other girls.
First of all, that is very well put into words. But you are confusing netorare and netori here. It's the other way around. You didn't cite a good source. Next you put too little value on the meaning of "stealing". It is this that makes the difference between NTR and simple cheating. Only when a partner is actually really being stolen from a relationship it´s the real NTR. Netorase didn't slide as an NTR for us because we have the word cuckold for it. In the Far East there is no separate word for it, so it is called NTR, although it has a completely different meaning. Only netorare and netori count as NTR, since it is essentially one and the same, only the culpit-victim perspective is different.

But that all doesn't matter at all, because this forum uses a much simpler, crude definition of NTR, which has nothing to do with the true definition of NTR. That is one of the main reasons why there is a NTR dispute in this forum at all.

Kihre105

Sep 7, 2020
Is Sequoia's affection bugged?

Before update 2.70 and 2.71, I'd be getting "Sequoia longs for player!" when talking to her and extra scenes when mating, now her affection seems to have dropped, she's stuck at "Sequoia is glad to be player's second wife." and stays there no matter what.

Even started a second playthrough to test this, getting same results.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
First of all, that is very well put into words. But you are confusing netorare and netori here. It's the other way around. You didn't cite a good source. Next you put too little value on the meaning of "stealing". It is this that makes the difference between NTR and simple cheating. Only when a partner is actually really being stolen from a relationship it´s the real NTR. Netorase didn't slide as an NTR for us because we have the word cuckold for it. In the Far East there is no separate word for it, so it is called NTR, although it has a completely different meaning. Only netorare and netori count as NTR, since it is essentially one and the same, only the culpit-victim perspective is different.

But that all doesn't matter at all, because this forum uses a much simpler, crude definition of NTR, which has nothing to do with the true definition of NTR. That is one of the main reasons why there is a NTR dispute in this forum at all.
How did I confuse Netori with Netorare? Netori is when the MC takes the partner from a third party, Netorare is when a Third party takes the MC's partner. (every source I know agrees on this)

You say I didn't put enough value on stealing? the cheek! you want me to write a novel? I wrote enough to demonstrate the main differences.

You say the site uses a different definition, I say they fucked up the definition when they tried to condense it into one sentence to make it easier for idiots to understand. :p

Edit:
The main thing the tag rule does/did in my opinion is show what aspect of NTR is recognized (if you know how to use google you can see the various options) That how I interpreted it anyway, F95 shouldn't be responsible for explaining what an established term means. and definitely shouldn't be redefining established terms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

Though the Tag as it's used on this Forum is not representing this.
The Tag is used (incorrectly) as an accumulation of all 3 previously mentioned fetishes here most of the times.
I mean it's used in this very thread with that reason.
First of all, that is very well put into words. But you are confusing netorare and netori here. It's the other way around. You didn't cite a good source.
No... actually you are the one being confused.
Netorare is being stolen from while Netori is stealing from someone
In the Far East there is no separate word for it, so it is called NTR
No "in the east" they call that a Cuck aswell, though the act of a Lover intendly makeing their LI cheat them is called Netorase ("in the west" there is only the term of whoring someone out that gets close)
Only netorare and netori count as NTR, since it is essentially one and the same, only the culpit-victim perspective is different.
...No only Netorare is counting as NTR.
Neotrare and Netorase are the same thing with the only difference being that in Netorase the Partner is intendly makeing the Partner fall in love with someone else
This is actually correct...

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Though the Tag as it's used on this Forum is not representing this.
The Tag is used (incorrectly) as an accumulation of all 3 previously mentioned fetishes here most of the times.
I mean it's used in this very thread with that reason.
Absolutely, seems like 90% of the time it is used incorrectly, even by the condensed definition presented in the F95 rules
IT's not so much used as NTR, as it's used whenever someone who isn't the MC has sex, on another thread it was used because the MC's Mom and Dad had sex.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
I just checked a couple Japanese sources out of curiosity, and NTR only ever stands for netorare. One source did say that there were instances of it being used for netori, but it was basically just a footnote—other sources didn't even mention it. Nowhere did I see any mention of netorase.

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I just checked a couple Japanese sources out of curiosity, and NTR only ever stands for netorare. One source did say that there were instances of it being used for netori, but it was basically just a footnote—other sources didn't even mention it. Nowhere did I see any mention of netorase.
I think NTR is about heartbreak and loss whether you or the other guy feels it is the key point that connects them, Murder is Murder whether you are the one killing or being killed.

I've seen a bunch interpreting Netorase as meaning "someone who is sexually turned on by their partner having sex with someone else", I never really agreed with this, I always interpreted it as someone who loves their partner so much that they give permission for them to have sex with another person when they are unable to satisfy them themselves (usually through injury or illness)
(example in Glassix (where you can convince an extremely ill man to let you fuck his wife (And eventually steal her from him)).

They are still experiencing the loss that is felt in netorare, though in their case they are jumping on the grenade, rather than being wounded by someone else, The partner always seems to leave them in the end, emotionally if not physically (which mirrors Netorare)

[And no I'm not claiming my interpretation is THE correct one, it's just what makes sense to me and what image is conjured when I see the word]

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Mr.Hide

Oct 23, 2018
the usage of NTR is changed when time passes.
At first, it was Netorare because it was the trend during that time.
So people used NTR for short instead of Netorare.
But today NTR usage is wide.
So if it wants to be specific.
- Don't use the NTR genre but spits this world instead of like the above said.
- USE new aka: NTRR, NTRS, NTRRi.

Aug 15, 2021
The bat breeder orgasm mini game REALLY need to change using the arrow key instead of THE MOUSE ! After trying 100th times it really gets so frustrating Then you get angry, Why the dev thought that was a fun idea ? Some of us dont use mouse (Laptops) !

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The bat breeder orgasm mini game REALLY need to change using the arrow key instead of THE MOUSE ! After trying 100th times it really gets so frustrating Then you get angry, Why the dev thought that was a fun idea ? Some of us dont use mouse (Laptops) !
Because the Android users shitstormed him since useing the keyboard (arrow keys) was frustrating for them...
You can't make the perfect controll mechanism in a game with limited controllers and a vast variety of devices with different Level of controll

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Because the Android users shitstormed him since useing the keyboard (arrow keys) was frustrating for them...
You can't make the perfect controll mechanism in a game with limited controllers and a vast variety of devices with different Level of controll
and he can't make a menu option to choose control option?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
and he can't make a menu option to choose control option?
...could you?
That aside once you finished the mancave Quest no controlls are required as all scenes with her are autoplay.
People tend to forget how "old" this game is and that the Batbreeder minigame was one of the earlier contents, Tinkerer removed the controll minigame both as a Quest reward and because people kept complaining.
It's really not that hard to get her affection maxed out and finish the mancave Quest... though being limited to a cloudy mind and one hand tends to make this harder :devilish:

4.20 star(s) 200 Votes