Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I have no idea, I have no experience coding in this engine. Hence the question!
The fact it has been there before suggests that it should be feasible depending on the limitations of the engine.
Not really... Tinkerer had to render the whole scene anew with the controllcross in place and than add Event interactions on the cross to make it react as planned. So even if he would actually implement a split controll system for an early scene that completly looses all reason of existance once you finish the mancave quest the controll cross should still be on screen and further confuse people... all in all I don't think this is feasable, maybe if the mingame had not been removed alltogether at that stage, but currently a waste of valuable time

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Not really... Tinkerer had to render the whole scene anew with the controllcross in place and than add Event interactions on the cross to make it react as planned. So even if he would actually implement a split controll system for an early scene that completly looses all reason of existance once you finish the mancave quest the controll cross should still be on screen and further confuse people... all in all I don't think this is feasable, maybe if the mingame had not been removed alltogether at that stage, but currently a waste of valuable time
Na your reasoning is flawed, the new graphic he made for the mouse can stay, it makes no difference to what I'm suggesting, he already has the control system from before so all he needs is a switch to select which control system is being used. (in theory anyway since I don't know the limitations of this engine).

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Na your reasoning is flawed, the new graphic he made for the mouse can stay, it makes no difference to what I'm suggesting, he already has the control system from before so all he needs is a switch to select which control system is being used. (in theory anyway since I don't know the limitations of this engine).
I didn't mean that he made a graphic of ONLY the controll cross... he redid the entire scene / minigame includeing the controll cross instead of adding it to it

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I didn't mean that he made a graphic of ONLY the controll cross... he redid the entire scene / minigame includeing the controll cross instead of adding it to it
So?? nothing you just said affects my suggestion/query as far I can see.
From what I gather from what I've seen in other games, having the keyboard and mouse doing the same thing isn't a problem. the only issue that seems apparent to me is that something in the keyboard control conflicts with something in the mobile control system. So the ability to turn that off is the issue, not the ability to use keyboard controls themselves. My assumption is that he didn't do dual controls before was because he simply didn't think about laptops at the time.

But all this is moot unless someone with actual experience in this engine is available to give real technical insight.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
So?? nothing you just said affects my suggestion/query as far I can see.
From what I gather from what I've seen in other games, having the keyboard and mouse doing the same thing isn't a problem. the only issue that seems apparent to me is that something in the keyboard control conflicts with something in the mobile control system. So the ability to turn that off is the issue, not the ability to use keyboard controls themselves. My assumption is that he didn't do dual controls before was because he simply didn't think about laptops at the time.

But all this is moot unless someone with actual experience in this engine is available to give real technical insight.
Tinkerer made a compromiss with the Mouse controll, he was aware that it wasn't the perfect solution, but the best he could come up with.
Don't get me wrong I am not saying that the 2 systems can't be implemented at the same time (actually RPGM MV/MX is totally allowing and supporting such a system), just that the controllcross will always be visible, wether you use the mouse or the keyboard and I'd assume that most people will be confused by that.

hsaIV

Nov 7, 2020
I can't go to the orc stronghold! Everytime I try Ziva says we should go to the temple instead... But I already left her at the temple?

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I can't go to the orc stronghold! Everytime I try Ziva says we should go to the temple instead... But I already left her at the temple?
you been messing with game variables right? you've given yourself something that is a story trigger.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
yeah sure... so how did you get EFP?

at that point you can't have them... i'm prety sure you're using gallery/cheat mod from OP.
Theres an in game cheat that u can activate in Weirdwood. It brings about some chests that give you potions, ingredients & money. The one in the Tower & Mayor's Manor give you EFP & has zero negative effects on the game so they could have done that.

4.20 star(s) 200 Votes