TSSG59

Jun 7, 2021
Thx also for the reply, TSSG59 - lots of good stuff in there. I am familiar with some of it. I am currently level 12.

With raiding forts, caves, etc. I have avoided unnecessary conflict where possible i.e. when doing weekly raids for spider- and bat eggs. Same when recovering the giant's totem - I raid all the chests but only fight the shaman and his band. I didn't realise there was 800 coins available, though. I thought it was about 200 for shaman and about 160-170 for chests and piles.

With Shakala, I gave up on easy goblin ears so I could get her + Sequoia + Daughter breeding asap.

I agree with selling stuff you don't need but the game can catch you out i.e. needing 5 blue lilies for getting Alice into Temple of Qetesh (bastard!). As you say, pumpkins are good money, especially as you can get potatoes and carrots via Frida's garden (so devote Weirdwood to pumpkins and a little wheat once Rosey is sorted).

I only ever made one giant's strength (for pickupyrock) - thx for the tip.

With the game's setup and mechanics (tiredness, luck can run against you, dying is easy), I got sucked into trying to do things as efficiently as possible. Think I will start over, take the scenic route this time.

Thx again to yourself, DomWolf and Stil996 for taking the time to respond and for the useful info.
You can raid the spider cave frequently if you have spare time left, it gains you venom glands and the odd cave flower nectar just from killing spiders but it does cost you a potion.
Most importantly is helps get your level up, every point counts at the beginning of the game.
I'm impressed you got so far at level 12, it must have cost you an awful lot of potions and potential money.
I don't even try for the full spider raid until I'm level 5 and the tower of dread until I'm level 10, by that time i try to have 3000 gold minimum.

Reactions: Huisie

Huisie

May 9, 2018
Hiya, M3ntir - I wouldn't say I am new to the game as I have played it a few times before. But I see where you're coming from and happy add my five cents, in case it helps.

On my last playthrough, I got as far as getting Breanna into the silly pink outfit after clearing out Tepes. Not sexy, but worth it for the laugh.

That time, too, I played through rapidly and found myself wandering around like a lost fart in a thunderstorm, passing time and waiting for stuff to happen (mostly waiting on births), so I shelved it without completing further quests.

By the way, I had no idea, until stumbling across this site several years ago, that pregnancy was such a fetish for some. This game, though, is next level for that. At least, in this case, you have (good?) reason for getting all the ladies in the family way. Want to be mayor? (goblin) King? Friend of giants? Devilish disciple? Then sow your oats, young man!

As to the start of the game - well, I enjoy playing it, overall. I have cursed Tinkerer many times, mind (may the fleas of a thousand spavined camels infest your nethers, infidel!). But, that's just the way the game is structured. And it is unique - the MC has questionable morals, he isn't a godly all-smiting hero. He's an average joe (peasant) trying to get by in a tough old world. There isn't some world-altering geas or a kingdom to conquer. And Tinkerer has done a great job, I think, of fleshing out the locale and its inhabitants.

The timewasting gets me down at times - at some stage, can't I just one-shot a boar reliably? Do I have to run out of puff in the middle of raiding a cave? Why the fuck are there so many spiders?!! Again, though, these are part of the mechanics that make the game unique.

If there is anything I would suggest, it might be a "run-away" mechanic (for certain stages, at least). For instance, when you are first raiding the goblin forest (dead gobs = free ears - nice!) and Shakala jumps you, you invariably get your arse handed to you. As you have little chance of surviving her until you bulk up or get lucky, it would be nice to have a "run-away" option instead of dying repeatedly.

Also, to progress with Ziva, you have to raid the spider cave without a cure poison potion. Admittedly, I turn off lighting effects in the cave, so I have some reaction time (otherwise, the spiders are on you before you know it). The only way I get through this phase is save-scumming and dying repeatedly.

Then there's the Kroggoth - when I get to him, I have a sword and a shield (from spider cave) plus a couple potions. In my current playthrough, I did this on day 7. Again, lots of dying and save-scumming. I can appreciate taking time and building up strength but you need to get Shakala producing babies asap!

So, I feel that there might be a little imbalance between getting certain quests started as quickly as possible and your ability to complete them. Plus, with Shakala/goblins, getting to 60 goblins might take a very long time, depending on how many births per litter. I have taken to saving the night before Shakala/Sequoia give birth, then repeating start of next day to get maximum of 10 births per litter plus a baby girl as soon as possible.

My pet hate? Bats and mosquitos! The animations for these take so long, I can make a coffee and put the washing on while waiting for my turn to smite them. Timewasting, such as this and the varying goblin litter sizes mentioned above, seems egregious at times and detracts from the enjoyment.

I could waffle on for some time, as the game is very engaging, but will keep to a final point. The game starts off at a nice pace but the quests start to come a bit thick and fast after some time. I am currently on Day 45 and have just become Mayor. I've got Castle Tepes to sort out, goblin daughter being born, Ziva + Caleah pregnant, Alice needs discipline, Venomina about to birth her first egg, a wedding to attend, Liandra's about to pop, Tom's got a gambling problem - I mean, come on! What's a guy gotta do to get a break around here?

Last edited:

Huisie

May 9, 2018
You can raid the spider cave frequently if you have spare time left, it gains you venom glands and the odd cave flower nectar just from killing spiders but it does cost you a potion.
Most importantly is helps get your level up, every point counts at the beginning of the game.
I'm impressed you got so far at level 12, it must have cost you an awful lot of potions and potential money.
I don't even try for the full spider raid until I'm level 5 and the tower of dread until I'm level 10, by that time i try to have 3000 gold minimum.
I save-scum - a lot! When raiding the spider cave, I keep it down to killing 2 spiders and avoiding the rest while getting the nectar. Obviously, I may have to kill the queen when collecting the eggs but she doesn't always show up.

In the bat (breeder) cave, I save-scum to get 2 crystal eggs per nest and avoid fighting the breeders and males.

I don't use many potions as the effect of most doesn't seem to give much benefit. I use cure poison when raiding the spider cave, of course. Plus, a poison when battling Kroggoth. An agility might help when rescuing Liandra from the grumpkins.

I mostly get by equipping the ring from the blacksmith and using crystal eggs to boost magic (lightning). Energy can help such as when giving vamps 3rd victim or ringing the bell in your room at the temple. Plus, healing is a necessity.

One of the few non-timekillers is cooking, so I always make a few meals when possible, as they help restore HP.

I bought sword and cloth from Blacksmith but get other equipment during play (shield in spider cave, helmet in Kroggoth lair, etc.) or by stripping companions (Shakala's chainmail, Bhrute's double axe, etc.).

I buy daggers from blacksmith so I can take weapons from companions which also helps with equipping companions. For instance, when raiding the dwarf goblin camp, you can give your goblin squad better weapons from those you have taken from previous companions (remember to get them back after quest).

As the MC is more a lover than a fighter and can get knackered fighting multiple foes (rescuing Caleah and suchlike), I chose to avoid unnecessary conflict. If I can slip into a room and raid it before the enemies can react, I do so. For instance, when rescuing Caleah, you can avoid fighting all the orcs on the way (except for the 3 in the kitchen) and still get all the booty.

But, maybe I might take a more measured approach ... :unsure: 3000 gold wouldn't hurt :D

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
Thx for replying, Stil996. I believe you can make good coin (400 coin per trip?) via smuggling with Liandra and her mom. I know you can get plunder tribute from the goblins and can use Roey's kids as farm labour. I do take every opportunity to collect/breed eggs and ingredients, plus I rent the fileds in Weirdwood from day 2.

So, I guess the answer is - yes, I was going too fast? Slow down, build up coin and babies, kill everything when raiding forts/castles/villages?
But it would take a whole day. I would only do the delivery when I need to boost relationship with Luthien.

During a week (growing time for the fields), I would do one each:
- Collect and sell 90-99 sacred water, plus some extra moonflower pollen (25 gold each). If the well dry up (after 10 collect), use the day to kill grumpkins to restore the well (or have the goblin guard the cave?). ~495 for 99 sacred water.
- Harvest and sell produces from the farm. ~360 if only grow pumpkin.
- Produce and deliver a batch of liquor delight. I usually produce 2 batch after harvesting the moonflower. Deliver one per week. ~400 if bought the small boat to bypass the Greyport guards, and post guards on the road to Greyport. I would deliver more if I really need the money and do not need to spend time with the ladies, or doing some quests.

Reactions: Huisie and TSSG59

Rowan Reins

Jan 30, 2022
Can someone post a screen shot of their Magical book I can't figure out why one of my slot is empty...who did I forget to unlock?

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
Can someone post a screen shot of their Magical book I can't figure out why one of my slot is empty...who did I forget to unlock?
Why don't you post your?

Edit: there was at least one posted. May be, I can do a search for it (book of girls).

Last edited:

MarkoBoo

Jul 7, 2019
this game should have something like respect system
weak goblins and creatures shouldn't run after the player if he strong enough
they are big waste of time they must run away from the player
i can't play the game at all,, every time i across the forst all the fuckin weak creatures run after me (boars, bear.goblins..
if i played the game for 2hour then 1.45h r wasted on these mothfuc**** shits
so i need to kill them everytime every minute to play in peace
and the respawn system is so annoying and make no sense
,also the day (morning-evening-night) r running fast like hell

Last edited:

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
"Tinkerers Update News"

1678487901557.png
Time for another sneak peek:). So, I finished that last scene for Maghda I mentioned last time, and started adding the "AI"/mechanics for the new kids. All the non-quest related functions of the new floor maps are also up and running.
Currently I'm busy making some more cutscene images, but hope to start scripting the quests tomorrow. The plan now is to drop a test build within a couple of weeks, and then release the final version some time before the end of the month.
Enjoy the weekend!

Tinkerer.​

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
i can't play the game at all,, every time i across the forst all the fuckin weak creatures run after me (boars, bear.goblins..
so i need to kill them everytime every minute to play in peace
and the respawn system is so annoying and make no sense
,also the day (morning-evening-night) r running fast like hell
PQ is simply not for you. Don't waste your time with it.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
"Tinkerers Update News"

View attachment 2457151
Time for another sneak peek:). So, I finished that last scene for Maghda I mentioned last time, and started adding the "AI"/mechanics for the new kids. All the non-quest related functions of the new floor maps are also up and running.
Currently I'm busy making some more cutscene images, but hope to start scripting the quests tomorrow. The plan now is to drop a test build within a couple of weeks, and then release the final version some time before the end of the month.
Enjoy the weekend!

Tinkerer.​

Is that Captain Eckhardt & the guards? I wonder what's happening here then?

MarkoBoo

Jul 7, 2019
i can't play the game at all every time u across thr forst all the fuckin weak creatures run after me
PQ is simply not for you. Don't waste your time with it.
it is for me but killing the same animal in the same place every 2 minute isn't that boring or annoying for u?? iam talking about the respawn time not the game story or the arts

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
it is for me but killing the same animal in the same place every 2 minute isn't that boring or annoying for u?? iam talking about the respawn time not the game story or the arts
Personally I've gotten pretty good at just avoiding most enemies. And once you continue Shakala's (goblin girls) story arc you'll be able to get rid of all the Goblin Forest goblins at least

SongJunlei

Nov 22, 2022
The Goblins don't attack you, if you have become Goblin King. And you can employ guards to guard the road after you become mayor, then the bandits won't bother you.

Reactions: MarkoBoo

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020

"Tinkerers Update News"

View attachment 2421527
Hi you all!
Well, since last post I completed a scene for Maghda (M/F scenes are sooo much easier than FFM threesomes....). I also completed all the floorplans for the new locations. There will be a new "pet" store in Greyport, alas it will be very empty for now, I just needed to have it in place for Maghda's questline. But we'll add some stock eventually... You'll also get to move into Maghda's cosy cave, and Gwynneth will also require a bigger place for her kids.
This week I hope to finish Maghda's last scene, that should wrap up all of the mayor renderwork (will still need to do some smaller cutscenes). After that it's all about scripting the new events. Not too far off now, I hope.
Have an excellent week, boys and girls!

Tinkerer.
I haven't played peasants quest for a long time because I usually wait for up to 3 updates. Just so i can always enjoy a certain amount of new content before i have to wait again. But that doesn't bother me in this game. I'm still waiting for the next update, then it's time again. :love:

I also like to play it from the beginning, because it's just great, offers a very pleasant gaming atmosphere and just has a lot of content that i love. There aren't many games that I can just play over and over again that still resonate and captivate me as much.

But am i imagining it, or has maghda been given a makeover in the meantime? I remember her uglier? :love:

Reactions: TSSG59

TheBakonBitz

Jan 20, 2018
Make sure you're holding down shift when you want to run. As long as you see enemies before they catch you, you have the speed to outrun them and avoid being caught (unless you run into a dead-end or another enemy). It may be tricky at first but you'll get the hang of it. I still find myself saving upon entering an area with enemies if I don't want to get caught (low health, energy, etc.). I'm able to avoid them all nine times out of ten, but can always reload and try again if I slip up and get caught.

Reactions: MarkoBoo and TSSG59
4.20 star(s) 202 Votes