DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Speaking of the orgasm Mini-game... the music does not start until 5 seconds into it. That means if the player waits for the music to start, they lose the minigame. If the DEV Tinkerer could fix that audio clip timing, it would make it more cohesive.
All I can recommend is just playing as soon as the arrows appear. The music cue shouldnt be followed (never played with sound so I didnt know that was a thing).

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Cheatmode is already listed in the walkthroughs. Knowledge of BB Affection is openly shared. But I didn't know about Affection Decay for months, until someone mentioned it and I asked what they were talking about. So I guess I was a random until that point?

I certainly don't think I have any great "wisdom" about the game. I still learn new things from others, admittedly less often nowadays but still. And it doesn't bug me to share what I do know when someone asks for help. (It's a different story if they're demanding about it...)
OK third try... Nobody should NEED an external source of information to play a game, everything needed to play should be within the game FULL STOP, needing an external source represents a failure of the author to include all the tools for players to discover the games features for themselves.

Walkthroughs should be aids not requirements.I consider any game that needs a Walkthough a failure.
-------------
So making things more mysterious, gotcha.
errr... What??... is that what you took from my post?
BTW wasn't talking about making players jump through more hoops.. if they already know the location of the secret trigger they should be able to trigger it immediatley, I saying new players should have a chance to discover it themselves. a short sequence of clues is all I'm talking about, it doesn't need to be easy... just present, some kind of logical chain that gives a reason why clicking that patch of map does something.
-------------
NPCs could certainly comment on recent events and the general state of things, and mention rumors and stories about stuff. For example Cheatmode could be "my grandfather said when he was a boy the Bandit King hid chests of stuff all over, in case he needed them later; the hiding spots were marked with a symbol...see, like this." And then the chest locations have a map star/twinkle, or the MC notices the symbol if he walks over the spot, and he has to dig up/uncover the chest. (Though people would quickly share notes on where, exactly, those spots are.) But you'd have to do something like Ziva's "Small Talk" to learn about them, possibly with a specific person.

BB Affection could indeed be something you have to ask about and research. Erevi: "Ooh, what happened to your hand?" "My pet is being kinda nippy." "Well, the cells are supposed to have an enchantment making anything held in them more docile and compliant. I'm a little busy to look it up but it should be recorded somewhere in the library."

Not sure how the Affection Decay cheat could be worked in, though.
The digging for treasure could work sure but I was thinking more like
  • "did you hear about Angry Ann... Seems she mellowed after her husband prayed at that fairy circle by the old willow...weird!!"
    or maybe
  • You find a Secret Tome telling you how to make an aftershave from particular mushrooms that make women much more forgiving to you
or for the cheat mode, something like
  • Looking closer at a scribble on the Alley wall, you read "if you pay homage to the spirits of the stump, they might leave gifts for you were you need them most", (((Yeah I know... I suck at poetic writing)))
    when you click the patch of mushrooms you might see a prompt "looking closer at the stump you see what appears to be a miniature garden, it looks kinda dry though... will you water it?"

Last edited:

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
View attachment 3227171

for me personaly 15 was bit on the long side, but rather 15 than 5 so cant complain eitherway
I think I agree with 10. I'm the kind of player that likes to juggle all the plates, and I can say that 5 is difficult. You reach a point where the player just doesn't have enough time/stamina to make it to all the different places. 10 would make it doable with a little pressure, 15 is going to make it too easy to forget haha

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
OK third try... Nobody should NEED an external source of information to play a game, everything needed to play should be within the game FULL STOP, needing an external source represents a failure of the author to include all the tools for players to discover the games features for themselves.

Walkthroughs should be aids not requirements.I consider any game that needs a Walkthough a failure.
-------------

errr... What??... is that what you took from my post?
BTW wasn't talking about making players jump through more hoops.. if they already know the location of the secret trigger they should be able to trigger it immediatley, I saying new players should have a chance to discover it themselves. a short sequence of clues is all I'm talking about, it doesn't need to be easy... just present, some kind of logical chain that gives a reason why clicking that patch of map does something.
-------------

The digging for treasure could work sure but I was thinking more like
  • "did you hear about Angry Ann... Seems she mellowed after her husband prayed at that fairy circle by the old willow...weird!!"
    or maybe
  • You find a Secret Tome telling you how to make an aftershave from particular mushrooms that make women much more forgiving to you
or for the cheat mode, something like
  • Looking closer at a scribble on the Alley wall, you read "if you pay homage to the spirits of the stump, they might leave gifts for you were you need them most", (((Yeah I know... I suck at poetic writing)))
    when you click the patch of mushrooms you might see a prompt "looking closer at the stump you see what appears to be a miniature garden, it looks kinda dry though... will you water it?"

Honestly I played this game without the WT at first & sure it took me a while to get some triggers to start, but honestly I finished all of the content without much hassle. It's only in the last year & a half I've been using the WT because its avalable to me & I just want to get through it to see the new content. But for the early game stuff I didnt even know there was a WT at first. So I dont think people NEED a WT for this game. Most people just dony seem to have the time avalable or patience to actually explore the game & figure it out. So would say it is an aide & not a requirement from my own experience with playing the game.

It's a Cheat for the game. Most games that have cheats usually hide it in the world & you learn it from word of mouth or by accident. At least that's how I remeber games being when I was a kid. I dont see why the author has to make it clear there is a cheat mode IN game when he has been open to the fanbase that it's there. And most people on here will let people know the cheats are there for anyone who wants to use them. And leaving clues around would still need to be found. Not saying it's a bad idea btw, just dont see the point when this fandom is pretty ready to give tips (unless you're asking something that was answered like 2 posts ago, then you just being lazy lol).

This is Tinkerer's first game ever & let's be honest the early game is kinda rough around the edges. Hopfully when he finishes this game, if he makes a sequel or new game, he will take what hes learned & make an even greater game. Who knows.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Honestly I played this game without the WT at first & sure it took me a while to get some triggers to start, but honestly I finished all of the content without much hassle. It's only in the last year & a half I've been using the WT because its avalable to me & I just want to get through it to see the new content. But for the early game stuff I didnt even know there was a WT at first. So I dont think people NEED a WT for this game. Most people just dony seem to have the time avalable or patience to actually explore the game & figure it out. So would say it is an aide & not a requirement from my own experience with playing the game.
If you're going to respond to my post do it in context... I was responding to Damagus0 saying "well it's in the walkthrough".

It's a Cheat for the game. Most games that have cheats usually hide it in the world & you learn it from word of mouth or by accident. At least that's how I remeber games being when I was a kid. I dont see why the author has to make it clear there is a cheat mode IN game when he has been open to the fanbase that it's there. And most people on here will let people know the cheats are there for anyone who wants to use them. And leaving clues around would still need to be found. Not saying it's a bad idea btw, just dont see the point when this fandom is pretty ready to give tips (unless you're asking something that was answered like 2 posts ago, then you just being lazy lol).
It's either feature or a secret. pick one, if it's a feature there should something in game that gives you this information, if it's a secret it should be harder to stumble over.
Are you trolling me? I've said this several times now and nothing in your post is carving new ground

This is Tinkerer's first game ever & let's be honest the early game is kinda rough around the edges. Hopfully when he finishes this game, if he makes a sequel or new game, he will take what hes learned & make an even greater game. Who knows.
So what... I'm not attacking Tinkerer I'm giving feedback that I feel would help improve aspects of the game for new players.

luigi2leonidas

Jan 2, 2024
I am pretty sure this is been asked
I am playing through the game a 2nd time since a few updates. when you spy on Beth the scene is missing and your daughter with Erevi all here sence are cut is they to put them back in

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I am pretty sure this is been asked
I am playing through the game a 2nd time since a few updates. when you spy on Beth the scene is missing and your daughter with Erevi all here sence are cut is they to put them back in
Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink... hic o_O o_O o_O o_O

Use the Decensor patch

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
If you're going to respond to my post do it in context... I was responding to Damagus0 saying "well it's in the walkthrough".

Sorry if I lack context in this I've not long got back in from work. Apologise. I was merely saying that the WT isnt necessarily needed. This game can be played without it. The early game can be hard to path through if you're not sure what you're doing. Sorry for for any misunderstanding on my part.

It's either feature or a secret. pick one, if it's a feature there should something in game that gives you this information, if it's a secret it should be harder to stumble over.
Are you trolling me? I've said this several times now and nothing in your post is carving new ground
Not trolling. I feel my work adled brain has left me incoherent in my statement. The Cheat Mode (chests) & Dungeon Cheat were put in by Tinkerer to be used so he can speed through the start of the game & test it before he had designated testers. It was never ment for us bit he both never removed it & let us keep it (from what i could gather). The other Affection cheat was added as a feature (the Dev Notes 1 I'm not too sure about, we are warned about using it...?). But you are right it could be cool to see these hinted at or something. Just not sure how to do so in a satisfying way.

So what... I'm not attacking Tinkerer I'm giving feedback that I feel would help improve aspects of the game for new players.
I never said you were attacking him. That was me just saying that in the future these things you & many others have pointed out could, in fact, make the game better. And he can use what hes learned in any other future projects to make them more coherent & fun from the get go.

Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink.Drink... hic o_O o_O o_O o_O

Use the Decensor patch
Nooooooooo I still have a hangover from New Years Eve... down the hatch & pray to Nergal I make it o_O:ROFLMAO:

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
I’d love to be proven wrong, but I think this is optimistic. After all, Tinkerer is still adding new potions and things to grind for even now, if he not?

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I’d love to be proven wrong, but I think this is optimistic. After all, Tinkerer is still adding new potions and things to grind for even now, if he not?
What's optimistic? Him finishing the game. Him making another game. Or both?

Either way I am optimistic we will see an end to this game & hope to see more from Tinkerer in the future :)

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Him learning from his “mistakes”, should he make another game.
What are you basing this skepticism on? Tinkerer has made a bunch of mistakes over the development of this game, but he has always been quick about fixing bugs as he becomes aware of them.

Reactions: DomWolf

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
What are you basing this skepticism on? Tinkerer has made a bunch of mistakes over the development of this game, but he has always been quick about fixing bugs as he becomes aware of them.
I’m not talking about bugs; I’m talking about the incredible grind which makes up most of Peasant’s Quest’s gameplay (and is especially egregious at the start of the game—the first five hours or so, by my count). I doubt it’ll change, because I doubt Tinkerer sees it as a problem in the first place.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I’m not talking about bugs; I’m talking about the incredible grind which makes up most of Peasant’s Quest’s gameplay (and is especially egregious at the start of the game—the first five hours or so, by my count). I doubt it’ll change, because I doubt Tinkerer sees it as a problem in the first place.
Honestly the grind is so much easier as you gain resources & minions throughout the game. I admit the grind is incredibly hard at the start, but honestly in a future game all he has to do is tone down the grind by a good margin &, if balanced off the bat, he could reach a good mix of grind meets reward earlier in development than with PQ. As his first game hes started off just doing what he could. Tinkerer is more skilled in game & level design than he was when he started this project.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
You need to define "mistakes" properly then, there are a lot of people here who would disagree with your opinion... do you think it would be fair to call ravioli a mistake because a person happens to prefer lasagna? different qualities have different value to different folk. This game might not be for you or you might be doing something wrong... either way defining it simply as a mistake is not an objective statement. I've never found the game too Grindy. Certainly not in comparison to some others I can think off.

Edit: Like DomWolf said, balancing "grind" is something you learn from trial and error via constructive feedback.

Reactions: DomWolf
4.20 star(s) 202 Votes