GoGoGorilla

Oct 10, 2017
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

As I mentioned before, I wish to revise Beth a bit, her model and scenes are very old and could use an update. The plan is to keep her shape quite similar to her old model, but increase her detail/fidelity. The image above shows her new model. But I am a bit uncertain of what haircolor I should use. The original Beth is more reddish of hair, like the model to the left, but perhaps she is a bit too similar to Julia? I was thinking a bit more about doing a brunette, like the one in the middle, but decided to throw in a blond/white haired version for fun too.
What do you prefer?

Last News
I like the middle one best. As far as redheads we have a fair few already, and a fair few blondes. Maybe the red head but make it a bit more auburn/brownish?

bluedon

Jul 18, 2022
Dont know why I have no resistance to Julia. Like she reminds me of a girl never showed up in my teen ages, leaving an aching empitness in my heart.

Dec 15, 2018
No wonder, I couldn't find it. I decided to follow the walkthrough to the T, I thought that the corpse and the letter and key were quest-related so I didn't bother to check it. Thanks

Dec 15, 2018
There's now a body on the south edge of the Weirdwood map, below the spider cave entrance. It has a key which unlocks the small outhouse-looking building next to the guard tower.
No wonder, I couldn't find it. I decided to follow the walkthrough to the T, I thought that the corpse and the letter and key were quest-related so I didn't bother to check it. Thanks

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is a way for the player (not the game developer) to add functionality to a game to change the keyboard controls?

I know asking the dev to add this feature is pointless since he's already swapped with so many other tasks - even though add this feature seems to be relatively simple: Link

And even though other RPG Maker MV games like A Struggle With Sin have implemented it!

So is there a way for a player to add this feature into a game themselves?

I have certain way of using a keyboard that makes this feature a necessity for me!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT:

I figured it out!

Just had edit the Input.keyMapper section of the rpg_core.js file!

This file is located in the www/js/ folder!

In the Input.keyMapper section , all the keyboard bindings are listed!

These keyboard bindings are set using the JavaScript Keycodes: List of keycodes is linked !

All I had to do was either add the new keybindings I needed using the correct keycodes or edit the existing ones!

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If the line below is not the last keybinding on the list for Input.keyMapper, the game will break:

JavaScript:
120: 'debug'     // F9
This line is there by default!

Please be careful when you edit these kinds of files!
Just wanted to say thanks for this. I've gotten so used to using WASD with RPGM games, it's strange that's not an option here.
For anyone else that comes looking, here's what my Input.keyMapper section looks like:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Shinbii

Jun 26, 2021
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

As I mentioned before, I wish to revise Beth a bit, her model and scenes are very old and could use an update. The plan is to keep her shape quite similar to her old model, but increase her detail/fidelity. The image above shows her new model. But I am a bit uncertain of what haircolor I should use. The original Beth is more reddish of hair, like the model to the left, but perhaps she is a bit too similar to Julia? I was thinking a bit more about doing a brunette, like the one in the middle, but decided to throw in a blond/white haired version for fun too.
What do you prefer?

Last News
Beth looks so charming with black hair

Reactions: Lostan

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
This is probably going to be a stupid question but what actually causes time to pass in this game? It feels like my character wakes up, does about three things and then it's night-time or he's exhausted.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
This is probably going to be a stupid question but what actually causes time to pass in this game? It feels like my character wakes up, does about three things and then it's night-time or he's exhausted.
Making Potions, Having Sex, Walking into a New Zone all take 1 Hour of MC's time.

Reactions: Stil996

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Time advances everytime you fight/fuck/move to a new screen/work

Reactions: DomWolf

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for the responses. It would be nice if we could have an actual time in the top right corner. It can be kind of hard to tell what time it is.
I tend to agree, though I'm not sure about the actual time (it is a medieval setting afterall), I'd like a better sense of night/dawn/day/dusk, the current system isn't very easy to read.

Reactions: DomWolf

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
Thanks for the responses. It would be nice if we could have an actual time in the top right corner. It can be kind of hard to tell what time it is.
An hourly clock has been requested several times. Currently the only way to know the time exactly is by doing a Save.

For travel time, several maps are no time to enter but an hour to leave (ex: inner spider cave, Sacred Well, Ziva's/Liandra's house, Tower of Dread). A few others like the Swamps or Vixenatrix' lair take several hours each way to represent a longer/more difficult journey.

Some actions take longer than an hour. Most of them are straightforward, like doing something at the forge or helping Rosy with baking (both are always two hours). One or two are variable...grinding wheat into flour can take up to three hours depending on how much wheat you're grinding. (Planting or harvesting crops seems like it should take time, but it doesn't. :unsure:)

A big variable is making potions from the recipe book. Each potion takes an hour, but you can keep making them as long as the book is still open...all the time (and fatigue!) is applied when you close the book. Each potion using the Chalice is a separate one-hour action (there's a ritual or something).

Last edited:

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
An hourly clock has been requested several times. Currently the only way to know the time exactly is by doing a Save.

For travel time, several maps are no time to enter but an hour to leave (ex: inner spider cave, Sacred Well, Ziva's/Lindra's house, Tower of Dread). A few others like the Swamps or Vixenatrix' lair take several hours each way to represent a longer/more difficult journey.

Some actions take longer than an hour. Most are straightforward, like doing something at the forge or helping Rosy with baking (both are always two hours). One or two are variable...grinding wheat into flour can take up to three hours depending on how much wheat you're grinding. (Planting or harvesting crops seems like it should take time, but it doesn't. :unsure:)

A big variable is making potions from the recipe book. Each potion takes an hour, but you can keep making them even as long as the book is still open...all the time (and fatigue!) is applied when you close the book. Each potion using the Chalice is a separate one-hour action (there's a ritual or something).
That seems pretty scattershot. Has Tinkerer ever spoken on this matter or are these lengths of time so ingrained in the code at this point it'd be impossible/PITA to adjust? I mean I guess it's a good thing nothing in this game really has a time limit (that I'm aware of).

TSSG59

Jun 7, 2021
Time management is one of the keys to progressing the game rapidly and it takes time to learn the best way.
With proper time management and the right potions it is surprising how much you can get done in those 24 hours .

4.20 star(s) 202 Votes