sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Reading this thread makes me realize why we can't have nice games. If people have problems with such easy quests as the ones in PQ then how can you expect to have another Betrayal at Krondor, Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar or Age of Decadence? Instead we're getting games where we can't lose (all Bethesda RPGs for example). What's worse though is that you have a walkthrough included and yet there are people who don't notice it or who don't understand it. Or people who can't use the search function and ask the same questions again and again. Mind boggling.

For me the main appeal of this game is that its creator doesn't treat gamers like total idiots and he includes puzzles, interesting quests and makes the fights a bit challenging. Otherwise I might as well download all CGs or install Lain mod but where's the fun in that? Judging by reviews though, many people disagree with me and prefer to be hand held and pampered so that the game would play itself, preferably without using hands. I was particularly amused by a dishonest reviewer who said that he likes challenge and to work for the sex scenes but he forgets to save often (even though in 2.00 version which he was playing there is an autosave function) and fights are too hard for him, lol. And there are more reviews like that.

Yes, there is some grinding here but if you pay attention to the obvious hints developer is leaving you will be powerful enough and rich enough very quickly. And if you want to speed things up you can always use and get gold. I don't recommend making you more powerful though since fights are well balanced and we get a nice progress so we wouldn't get bored and one shot every opponent there is. This also makes exploration more rewarding and more fun and satisfying.

IMO of course.

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Reading this thread makes me realize why we can't have nice games. If people have problems with such easy quests as the ones in PQ then how can you expect to have another Betrayal at Krondor, Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar or Age of Decadence? Instead we're getting games where we can't lose (all Bethesda RPGs for example). What's worse though is that you have a walkthrough included and yet there are people who don't notice it or who don't understand it. Or people who can't use the search function and ask the same questions again and again. Mind boggling.

For me the main appeal of this game is that its creator doesn't treat gamers like total idiots and he includes puzzles, interesting quests and makes the fights a bit challenging. Otherwise I might as well download all CGs or install Lain mod but where's the fun in that? Judging by reviews though, many people disagree with me and prefer to be hand held and pampered so that the game would play itself, preferably without using hands. I was particularly amused by a dishonest reviewer who said that he likes challenge and to work for the sex scenes but he forgets to save often (even though in 2.00 version which he was playing there is an autosave function) and fights are too hard for him, lol. And there are more reviews like that.

Yes, there is some grinding here but if you pay attention to the obvious hints developer is leaving you will be powerful enough and rich enough very quickly. And if you want to speed things up you can always use and get gold. I don't recommend making you more powerful though since fights are well balanced and we get a nice progress so we wouldn't get bored and one shot every opponent there is. This also makes exploration more rewarding and more fun and satisfying.

IMO of course.
personally I don't mind a little grind but I prefer order to things i haven't tried this version yet but there a lot of randomness which make its hard to follow at least for me.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I guess we will have to wait for a fix or new version since 2.01 is very unstable.
I never had problems with this game, but with this version the game closes on its own without any bug reports or anything.
Animations don't work with any settings.
which animations are you talking about?
Game closeing without errors is rather common for RPGM MV games it's related to RAM or rather the lack of available one.
It got worse after the Goblin Update.... try to disable lightning effects
How do I get the spider eggs in the current version? It's changed since I last played
There is still teh spider cave that has some... other than that advance with the new Questline inorder to get the spiderqueen for the tower of Dread

Last edited:

Blankshots

Aug 13, 2019
Game closeing without errors is rather common for RPGM MV games it's related to RAM or rather the lack of available one.
It got worse after the Goblin Update.... try to disable lightning effects

There is still teh spider cave that has some... other than that advance with the new Questline inorder to get the spiderqueen for the tower of Dread
Okay I'm just blind as hell thanks for telling my dumb ass

danomator

Jan 21, 2020

IMO of course.
sadly this is so true. look at treasures of nadia. a linear game that is incredibly easy with a crystal ingame that hints you at all times where to go next if you are stuck. and yet the thread on EVERY new version is full of: help how do i do xy? where do i find xy? i sometimes wonder if people actually skip dialogues to see the scenes but then why play games in the first place? and why don't you just use the hint? and more importantly why have people the audacity to literally ask the same question that is answered already 2 posts before theirs? this is beyond me.

but for cheating well. it CAN be helpful if you for some reason have to start over like when you lost your old saves or they are not compatible with new versions. that's when i usually cheat some money or xp to reduce grind. and well some games are also just to grindy for me tbh. this is not one of them but if you have to skip through the same scenes 50 times to progress it's just not fun at all lol.
in pq it is okay tho as the grind is about fighting for gold and xp tho and not redoing the same scenes for no reason. this is just bad game design imho. and tinkerer did it well.
i just wish there was another option than goblins and later the boars and 2 bears to advance. like start with goblins but have another enemy that is harder to kill with stronger attack and higher hp that gives you more xp/gold for later. this way you could grind goblins early and another enemy later. i mean sure there ARE stronger enemies but non to grind levels and money with just to advance the game.

so all in all i really get where you come from. i try to be helpful to people when i answer their questions but sometimes it's also insanely frustraiting why at this point i just ignore all questions that can be answered with walkthroughs or search function to stay sane.

asd1789

Mar 19, 2020

IMO of course.
Dont get me wrong if it's well made and balanced i dont have a problem but often i find game in rpgm in wich you have to farm gold or lv to progress or doing the same thing over and over to not get stuck maybe only bad luck on choosing game with this engine

Reactions: AJLee7385

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
Oh, nwm, i get it...
After you create crosbow, you need return to marcus and now* he can scpeack with you :)

Last edited:

morph6785

Jan 12, 2019
Why many people say game crashing. I play from borrowed save file yesterday maybe like 3-4 hours and done all-new quest from update 1.9 and 2.1. The compressed version downloaded from links posted here dint have any issues. I must say that I'm very pleased with this new update...Too bad I'm unemployed and I don't have salary to support developer on Patron...

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
sadly this is so true. look at treasures of nadia. a linear game that is incredibly easy with a crystal ingame that hints you at all times where to go next if you are stuck. and yet the thread on EVERY new version is full of: help how do i do xy? where do i find xy? i sometimes wonder if people actually skip dialogues to see the scenes but then why play games in the first place? and why don't you just use the hint? and more importantly why have people the audacity to literally ask the same question that is answered already 2 posts before theirs? this is beyond me.

but for cheating well. it CAN be helpful if you for some reason have to start over like when you lost your old saves or they are not compatible with new versions. that's when i usually cheat some money or xp to reduce grind. and well some games are also just to grindy for me tbh. this is not one of them but if you have to skip through the same scenes 50 times to progress it's just not fun at all lol.
in pq it is okay tho as the grind is about fighting for gold and xp tho and not redoing the same scenes for no reason. this is just bad game design imho. and tinkerer did it well.
i just wish there was another option than goblins and later the boars and 2 bears to advance. like start with goblins but have another enemy that is harder to kill with stronger attack and higher hp that gives you more xp/gold for later. this way you could grind goblins early and another enemy later. i mean sure there ARE stronger enemies but non to grind levels and money with just to advance the game.

so all in all i really get where you come from. i try to be helpful to people when i answer their questions but sometimes it's also insanely frustraiting why at this point i just ignore all questions that can be answered with walkthroughs or search function to stay sane.

ill admit sometimes I do skip stuff especially in HTML games but rpgm are different the text doesn't read like a book. at least for me but like I said earlier probably because of my learning disability a lot of rpgms tend to be really random which gets me lost and confused easily.

odino

Aug 14, 2017
Why many people say game crashing. I play from borrowed save file yesterday maybe like 3-4 hours and done all-new quest from update 1.9 and 2.1. The compressed version downloaded from links posted here dint have any issues. I must say that I'm very pleased with this new update...Too bad I'm unemployed and I don't have salary to support developer on Patron...
i was getting crush in 2.0 but in 2.1 not getting crush anymore
both was compressed
and in 2.0 bat breeder in dungeon and spider egg in cave was invisible but in 2.1 its fixed
and shakla quest was kinda buged for me after i edit my save file with rpgmaker editor and ticked switch 926 or 927 when i went to goblin camp shakla had child and event for 1.91 started

Reactions: morph6785

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
If you talking about than no, not at the moment. I recommend using the MV-Cheat-Menu-Plugin until he updates it. it can be found at
i have downloaded it hoew do i instal it but putting it in game or somewhere else

danomator

Jan 21, 2020
ill admit sometimes I do skip stuff especially in HTML games but rpgm are different the text doesn't read like a book. at least for me but like I said earlier probably because of my learning disability a lot of rpgms tend to be really random which gets me lost and confused easily.
i'm not blaming people for asking questions. i just blame people for not even trying to find things out themselves first and if that doesn't help using guides/walkthroughs or the search function and then come here to post after not even spending 1 minute trying to help themselves. this is not trying. and i really do blame people for asking the same questions that are answered already a bazillion times. it clutters threads and the real bugs/problems with games and real questions for story/progress that aren't easily solved and that are not yet already answered get lost within the spam posts from people asking the same questions over and over so in the end those who deserve help are being ignored because noone even read their posts. and that is the sad part.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
You forgot the Black Goblins it seems ;)
Later on Gold can be earned much easier bby collecting ingredients and useing the craft system... so you only need to fight with enemies for ingredients and exp (Gator in the swamp and bears in the Forest) Spiders and Bat Breeders/ Males are good exp but hardly give any valuable items

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
i'm not blaming people for asking questions. i just blame people for not even trying to find things out themselves first and if that doesn't help using guides/walkthroughs or the search function and then come here to post after not even spending 1 minute trying to help themselves. this is not trying. and i really do blame people for asking the same questions that are answered already a bazillion times. it clutters threads and the real bugs/problems with games and real questions for story/progress that aren't easily solved and that are not yet already answered get lost within the spam posts from people asking the same questions over and over so in the end those who deserve help are being ignored because noone even read their posts. and that is the sad part.
I get that myself I do try first not everyone does I get that but I think in the end it is like something I learned as a kid. A lot of people are probably going through it right now. most people however if it is easier to ask for an answer and know someone will answer then they won't look its a sad truth that I learn people will ask for the answer cause it is easier.

danomator

Jan 21, 2020
You forgot the Black Goblins it seems ;)
Later on Gold can be earned much easier bby collecting ingredients and useing the craft system... so you only need to fight with enemies for ingredients and exp (Gator in the swamp and bears in the Forest) Spiders and Bat Breeders/ Males are good exp but hardly give any valuable items
i didn't forget black goblins. but well they are only 3-4 and then 1-2 bears. it's not a lot. funny enough i did really forget about gators. i literally did the caleah quests and never went back to the swamp lol. but it's also not fully what i ment. the problem is that the numbers of respawning/rekillable enemies is fairly limited and around lvl 6-7 it's getting pretty tiring to grind for further xp. money isn't really a problem anymore at that point. xp is also not the problem. just the lack of enemies really. i'd have no problem having repeatable fights like the really hard ones for example down in the well saving liandra or the fight with vixenatrix. fights that are hard and require good gear/potions and are still not easy but really rewarding if you manage to win them. and compared to those fights all the repeatable enemies like black gobos, gators or bears are just childs play. i mean especially the quest down in the well was incerdibly challenging since the lightning spell rework. it was a lot of fun. i just wish there was an option like that for xp grinding.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
i didn't forget black goblins. but well they are only 3-4 and then 1-2 bears. it's not a lot. funny enough i did really forget about gators. i literally did the caleah quests and never went back to the swamp lol. but it's also not fully what i ment. the problem is that the numbers of respawning/rekillable enemies is fairly limited and around lvl 6-7 it's getting pretty tiring to grind for further xp. money isn't really a problem anymore at that point. xp is also not the problem. just the lack of enemies really. i'd have no problem having repeatable fights like the really hard ones for example down in the well saving liandra or the fight with vixenatrix. fights that are hard and require good gear/potions and are still not easy but really rewarding if you manage to win them. and compared to those fights all the repeatable enemies like black gobos, gators or bears are just childs play. i mean especially the quest down in the well was incerdibly challenging since the lightning spell rework. it was a lot of fun. i just wish there was an option like that for xp grinding.
Well ovcerall there are around 40 enemies you can kill a day... it's just that they are spread all over the world and each area hardly has a greater concentration (the caves each have around 10 enemies I think)... enemies that contain craft material are indeed scarce though... yet all enemies are respawning daily.
For Gold for example you can defeat the 2 bandits on the western road and bring them to the watch tower before heading out again
The swamp has 4 Gators and probably 7-8 insects... but those won't attack if you have the anti infection potion active... you can still trigger combat by interacting with them

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

ringo66

Feb 16, 2019
All the animations? and regarding your RAM theory, I have an I5 8400, 16GB of RAM and a 4GB 1050TI.
In version 1.91 the game runs perfectly but in this version it crashes all the time.

4.20 star(s) 201 Votes