Oct. 6, 2024
Updated the Mod for the new game version v0.4
==============================

Download Mod v0.4 / Episode 4 (~1MB)
Pixeldrain -

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v0.4 (~250MB)
Pixeldrain -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 3451981 View attachment 3451982 View attachment 3451983
Thank you

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
So I presume you are referring to music cutting out when animations start? If that is the case then it's because the animations are cut-scenes (which seems to be the worst possible option). I'm working on transferring the project to renpy v8, and hopefully cleaning everything up before end of the episode. I'll also make the text box opacity adjustable (added it because even with outline, some people could not read the text at times). I hate the coding part, so I kind of have to push myself into doing it...which is why it will take a bit:)
Not just, no... the music tracks playing on a loop most of the time and not really synching to the scenes is also an issue, because then you can get a track that absolutely doesn't fit the tone of the scene.

The whole music side of things needs a lot of work in general, I think you need more tracks, maybe add some SFX, and perhaps also look into using more background ambience tracks for certain scenes, so as to not always use BG music (like the jungle sounds in the flashbacks).

Oh and yes, making the opacity adjustable would be the best probably.

One last thing, I noticed a lot of choices are mostly for flavor and don't really have an impact, sometimes it's more notable like when you choose to stay in the bar instead of going after the pawnshop owner, and then when you go to the next scene in the office, the MC still reflects on the events as if he'd gone after the dude no matter what... Same goes with the bald gangster's mom and how being nice or rude to her doesn't really change her reaction later on.

Flavor choices are fine, it's just that if you have different info or interactions because of them, then that should be reflected later, otherwise it's just strange and doesn't quite make sense.

Reactions: MrPocketRocket

MrPocketRocket

Pecker PI
Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
One last thing, I noticed a lot of choices are mostly for flavor and don't really have an impact, sometimes it's more notable like when you choose to stay in the bar instead of going after the pawnshop owner, and then when you go to the next scene in the office, the MC still reflects on the events as if he'd gone after the dude no matter what... Same goes with the bald gangster's mom and how being nice or rude to her doesn't really change her reaction later on.

Flavor choices are fine, it's just that if you have different info or interactions because of them, then that should be reflected later, otherwise it's just strange and doesn't quite make sense.
Ok. I actually wasn't going to add music at all, because I never read with the music/sound on. Then I found out that some people enjoy it (some of my own patrons). Honestly, I haven't put much effort into it until now and it obviously needs more. I was liking the sound fx quite a bit, so I'll make that a priority where it makes sense.

Yes, I realized the Mrs Gustavsson scene makes no reference to the conversation regardless. I'll make those two priority. Probably fix the forced handjob at the same time. Appreciate the help.

Reactions: MaxRichard

Wicks99

Apr 21, 2024
Ok. I actually wasn't going to add music at all, because I never read with the music/sound on. Then I found out that some people enjoy it (some of my own patrons). Honestly, I haven't put much effort into it until now and it obviously needs more. I was liking the sound fx quite a bit, so I'll make that a priority where it makes sense.

Yes, I realized the Mrs Gustavsson scene makes no reference to the conversation regardless. I'll make those two priority. Probably fix the forced handjob at the same time. Appreciate the help.
Yea I have to say not having SFX especially for the jungle flashbacks unnecessarily muted the impact of sudden scene changes like getting ambushed / someone gets shot etc. The intermittent BGM cut offs during animations break immersion as well, so I guess it would be good to have a work around.

Another observation is currently the game seems to be slanted in screen time and emotional connection towards Valarie and Victoria, but they don't seem to have much connection to the main investigative story, so not sure what is your future direction? Will the story be focusing more on MC's relationship with a few main LIs with investigations more on the sidelines or will the story and interpersonal relationships be more "decentralized"?

BTW just a personal note: Danielle is hot, has the femme fatale vibes, probably the best representation of a young mafia girl I've seen in VNs.

Please continue the good work here!

MrPocketRocket

Pecker PI
Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Another observation is currently the game seems to be slanted in screen time and emotional connection towards Valarie and Victoria, but they don't seem to have much connection to the main investigative story, so not sure what is your future direction? Will the story be focusing more on MC's relationship with a few main LIs with investigations more on the sidelines or will the story and interpersonal relationships be more "decentralized"?

BTW just a personal note: Danielle is hot, has the femme fatale vibes, probably the best representation of a young mafia girl I've seen in VNs.

Please continue the good work here!
The thinking at conception and at the moment is that the everyday life revolves around the LIs and the investigation has another couple of Episodic LIs (depending on how things end for them, they may stick around or not), and the two worlds are generally separate. That said, a few of the LIs obviously intersect that. Next chapter will see more of Gabrielle, Amy, Danielle (who will get a chunk of screen time in chapter 6), Det Turis and Josephine. It all depends on the flow of the investigation, how much screen time a certain LI gets per Chapter.
Cheers!

Wicks99

Apr 21, 2024
The thinking at conception and at the moment is that the everyday life revolves around the LIs and the investigation has another couple of Episodic LIs (depending on how things end for them, they may stick around or not), and the two worlds are generally separate. That said, a few of the LIs obviously intersect that. Next chapter will see more of Gabrielle, Amy, Danielle (who will get a chunk of screen time in chapter 6), Det Turis and Josephine. It all depends on the flow of the investigation, how much screen time a certain LI gets per Chapter.
Cheers!
Oh wow, certainly looking forward to that! Thanks for the sharing.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1728243565221.png
This is James Bond before the paper pushers would get any ladies - where the imagination of our hero would only be surpassed by the looks of the ladies who would visit his bed or his office at times where he was not the one coming after them.
It looks like every ledy has got silicons.. ( . )( . ):coffee:
James bond in the era where veterans of war would be the charistmatic inquisitors as opposed to beaurocrats with gadgets.
This game puts ”Dame” into ”femme fatalle”

Last edited:

malridoo

Oct 9, 2020
View attachment 4106554
This is James Bond before the paper pushers would get any ladies - where the imagination of our hero would only be surpassed by the looks of the ladies who would visit his bed or his office at times where he was not the one coming after them.

James bond in the era where veterans of war would be the charistmatic inquisitors as opposed to beaurocrats with gadgets.
Love 'em;)

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I'm not sure about that, some of the top games in patron and the such are vanilla games.
So why others never break? Marketing, slow updates, no sex...
A story-heavy game will never succeed as much as fetish-based games, especially incest (but not exclusively).
Those vanilla games that you talk about are normally harem fuckfests. The only exception that comes to mind right off the bat is BaDIK, but I feel a bit ashamed to describe it as a story-heavy game, to be honest. Eternum maybe too?
Advertising is essential to do a bit better, though. On that I can agree with you.

MrPocketRocket

Pecker PI
Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
A story-heavy game will never succeed as much as fetish-based games, especially incest (but not exclusively).
Those vanilla games that you talk about are normally harem fuckfests. The only exception that comes to mind right off the bat is BaDIK, but I feel a bit ashamed to describe it as a story-heavy game, to be honest. Eternum maybe too?
Advertising is essential to do a bit better, though. On that I can agree with you.
It is something I've been struggling with in terms of how to go about it. I'm here, which seems to at least get people to engage. I'm on reddit, which mostly is an echo chamber for the games that are already widely popular (with some exceptions). I'm on itch, which does little and to be honest, I focus on Patreon and those who support the game there (in terms of updates) along with Discord. I have no real idea of how to promote without over-posting on any site. I have set a goal for myself in terms of a more consistent turn around on the chapters, but it all hinges on RL time constraints. I was never interested in creating something that wasn't exciting to me, so here I am :)

MrPocketRocket

Pecker PI
Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023

James bond in the era where veterans of war would be the charismatic inquisitors as opposed to beaurocrats with gadgets.
Wonderful post!

• Red Heart
Reactions: MaxRichard

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Screenshot 2024-10-05 120945.png

New

I know, this frame grab isn't quite as exciting as the last couple of renders. I do have to get on with the chapter;-) Its Ringo's car, no sudden upward movement for our beloved hero. I have finished scene 2 (really just a continuous scene, but it in two locations...exterior car and interior car)...and it makes me feel good about the progress. Turned out to be a little more to it as I had to render interior and exterior to get motion blur on background. So far we have about 67 renders for the chapter, but in reality its probably about 50 as the background renders are just that. I will set up scene 3 today and probably get a few renders done. In a curious turn of events, I have another couple of days to render that weren't planned (lost a full day to RL work that I didn't foresee). Anyway, my goal is the 3 month turn around which would land chapter 5 release some time around Christmas, which would be awesome. Just don't expect Pecker to wear a Santa hat.

PS. Chapter 5 will feature a date with Gabrielle (Pecker pulls out all the stops to make it romantic...with the help of Mike ! Who is not clear on who the date is with.) Scenes will also feature Detective Turis, Amy, Josephine and Danielle.

4.60 star(s) 24 Votes