4.60 star(s) 24 Votes

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Screenshot 2024-09-01 132000.png

Beginning to render the last scene of the chapter today. It feels good for sure. No real reason to throw out any numbers today as all renders will be done by the end of this coming week at the latest. I have started to migrate code to Visual Studio and Renpy version 8. It will be a continuous process which won't affect any updates. The updates will always come first no matter what. I hope to have finished all the code transfer by end of the episode. The reason I'm doing it is partly for code clean-up purposes and partly because VS seems at least a little more intuitive than Atom. By that time, I will also clean some things up that I'm not entirely happy with. Not a ton of work but still something that I think is necessary for the overall experience. Animations are definitely part of that, I'd also like to get away from having them as "cut scenes" which is why music doesn't play during them. Some renders, particularly early on, but no full scene replacements.

The new main menu is in, but I couldn't get the neon sign to flicker (which it does in the new Renpy version). Not a big deal, but it's detail that I like. The "about" section is still a hot mess, but it's such low priority that it will have to wait. There is some added music in this update, so should be a little less repetitive. I will add to that library as I go and find music options that work.

Next time this will be a coding/post work update!

Cheers !

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

1725833674194.png

Hello everyone! This will officially be the last case log for chapter 4. I had a rough time coding one scene as it called for a bunch of reference to previous choices, and it was a bit of a mess. I was up until the wee hours of the morning, knowing that if I stopped before I solved the issue it would be hard to get back into it the next day. I have 6 more scenes to code, but most are straight forward. The chapter will be released to Shamus next weekend (not sure if it will be Friday, Saturday or Sunday.) I will immediately start work on Chapter 5 at that point in the interest of getting it done in a timely fashion.

Cheers!

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Nice start to a game, overall quite good. Genuinely great character designs and slick writing are the biggest standouts thus far. MC is a bit of a dumbass, but not too much (although he's toeing the line at times); he's generally likable. None of the LIs stood out a ton from the rest of the pack. Gabby is my favorite pretty much by default due to being the hottest and being one of the MC's childhood friends, in addition to practically throwing herself at the MC. Speaking of whom, I'm hoping that Gabby, Val, and Vicky are virgins, since for me it ruins childhood friend characters when they've made the MC (at least) a second choice.

Unfortunately, things were not all good, but most of the bad was relegated to one scene. The party scene is by far the worst part of the whole game. Being forced into a handjob scene and then ignoring the entire rest of the event is, ironically, incredibly anti-climactic. But the worst part is that Gabby (and presumably Natasha as well) was completely relegated to exposition dumping a bunch of character introductions and then... nothing. There was basically no point in bringing her at all if the MC wasn't even going to interact with her in a meaningful way. Even just a short personal conversation and a kiss on the cheek would have be a tremendous improvement.

Side-notes/nitpicks: When MC shows the butler his detective license, the dates are written in the non-American day/month/year format rather than the American month/day/year format. Also, Americans don't say "bloody" as an exclamation/cuss-word.

Looking forward to what comes next, keep up the good work.

Reactions: MaxRichard

MrPocketRocket

Pecker PI
Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Nice start to a game, overall quite good. Genuinely great character designs and slick writing are the biggest standouts thus far. MC is a bit of a dumbass, but not too much (although he's toeing the line at times); he's generally likable. None of the LIs stood out a ton from the rest of the pack. Gabby is my favorite pretty much by default due to being the hottest and being one of the MC's childhood friends, in addition to practically throwing herself at the MC. Speaking of whom, I'm hoping that Gabby, Val, and Vicky are virgins, since for me it ruins childhood friend characters when they've made the MC (at least) a second choice.

Unfortunately, things were not all good, but most of the bad was relegated to one scene. The party scene is by far the worst part of the whole game. Being forced into a handjob scene and then ignoring the entire rest of the event is, ironically, incredibly anti-climactic. But the worst part is that Gabby (and presumably Natasha as well) was completely relegated to exposition dumping a bunch of character introductions and then... nothing. There was basically no point in bringing her at all if the MC wasn't even going to interact with her in a meaningful way. Even just a short personal conversation and a kiss on the cheek would have be a tremendous improvement.

Side-notes/nitpicks: When MC shows the butler his detective license, the dates are written in the non-American day/month/year format rather than the American month/day/year format. Also, Americans don't say "bloody" as an exclamation/cuss-word.

Looking forward to what comes next, keep up the good work.

The forced handjob will be fixed at some point before the episode is completed. The scene itself was never meant to be anything other than exposition. I may tweak it a bit when I fix the handjob scene as you are not the first to mention the missed opportunity, but it will never be a scene where Pecker gets to befriend the upper crust.

You are correct on the date flow. I'll fix that. But I bet that you can find a 50's movie starring Cary Grant where he uses the word "bloody".

Thanks for the feedback!

MaxRichard

Oct 7, 2023
You are correct on the date flow. I'll fix that. But I bet that you can find a 50's movie starring Cary Grant where he uses the word "bloody".
I would think this is the case too. Given the transatlantic accent that was typical of movies from that era, I wouldn't be surprised if idioms were also a mix of English and American varieties.

Reactions: MrPocketRocket

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Valerie pinup4.png

Case Log #1 Ch5

Since there will be a couple of weeks that are mostly roll out of the new chapter and posting some promo material on different sites, I thought that an actual case log would be appropriate. I hate trying to drum up interest, but it is a necessary evil (kind of like renpy). Next release will cover most of you and then there will be the usual free release a week later.
This past week I have been writing. Kind of slow going, but I have enough to start to render the new chapter. So today I will start rendering chapter 5, then I will be out of town for work until next weekend...so there might not be a Sunday update. This won't affect the drop for Bizzy tier, which will be this Friday.

If anyone of you have a recommendation on sites where I have no presence, I'd be more than happy to add in the interest of broadening the potential membership.

I'm so happy not coding !

Cheers!

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
The forced handjob will be fixed at some point before the episode is completed. The scene itself was never meant to be anything other than exposition. I may tweak it a bit when I fix the handjob scene as you are not the first to mention the missed opportunity, but it will never be a scene where Pecker gets to befriend the upper crust.

Thanks for the feedback!
American here. And I can assure you. Some of us do use the word bloody for a cuss word or expletive. Of course, that could be because I grew up watching stuff like Monty Python. LoL.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
ch1s1new2.png
S1N.png

I got home last night and went right to work on chapter 5 renders. Not a grand collection as of yet, 17 to be precise. I also haven't had a full day of rendering yet. The first scene is pretty simple it's kind of two parts and I am now set up to rip through the renders for the second part.

Writing has been good. Just staying one scene ahead of rendering at the moment. But filling in a lot of pieces throughout the episode.

I also re-rendered a couple of images in chapter 1 scene 1 that have been bugging me. First time I rendered the scene , I was doing it on my mac laptop and it was all but ideal. I think the new version is more representative of the rest of the images. Above you can see new render vs the replaced one. I probably won't get to the other two scenes that have some below par renders until later. It's the first bar scene and one scene in the Stone law office, each have some renders that are questionable.

This Friday will be the free release of chapter 4.

Cheers !

youraccount69

Engaged Member
Donor
Dec 30, 2020
PeckerPI-0.4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: MaxRichard

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Something I've been wondering. Since this is called Pecker PI on here, but the DL is labeled "The Curse of the Pearl Necklace". Does this mean that there might be more cases in the future for our hapless PI? I hope so, because this one is pretty good already, and I'd like to see so other things after this one is done. Thanks!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HornyyPussy

MrPocketRocket

Pecker PI
Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Something I've been wondering. Since this is called Pecker PI on here, but the DL is labeled "The Curse of the Pearl Necklace". Does this mean that there might be more cases in the future for our hapless PI? I hope so, because this one is pretty good already, and I'd like to see so other things after this one is done. Thanks!
That is exactly the case! The idea is that each case gets 10 chapters, so it can be a finished piece and then we go on to the next adventure/case with all the main LIs, but new story and some new characters.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Pecker PI [v0.4] [MrPocketRocket] - Compressed

Win/Linux [267 MB]
- - - -

Mac [241 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
That is exactly the case! The idea is that each case gets 10 chapters, so it can be a finished piece and then we go on to the next adventure/case with all the main LIs, but new story and some new characters.
Good. Then I saved it the right way. I have a lot of games, so I put them in alphabetical folders on my EHD. And I put this one in the P's as Pecker PI and then a sub-folder under the title of this game. Keep up the great work!

4.60 star(s) 24 Votes