4.40 star(s) 18 Votes

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Leah wasnt interested in a lesbian aspect in avalon hence ot joining avalon and Byron yet here she is jumping into bed with the one person that overtook all the cast of avalon and shoved them all to the side..... way to go nice way to cuck Byron Lock and you wonder why so many told you you messed up Avalon then you do this.

Myrabelle

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2021
I noticed the ending card said "harsh ending", is there an alternate ending you could of achieved?
Throughout the prologue are choices that determine your reaction to certain situations. If your choices were more aggressive, you receive the harsh ending at the end of the prologue. If your choices were more forgiving, you receive the gentle ending. Let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

jufot

May 15, 2021

Dear Fans,

I'm writing this to inform everyone of a shift in my business model. I'm no longer going to be taking donations through Patreon, SubscribeStar, or BuyMeACoffee. Patreon and SubscribeStar will still exist if they'll let me keep it up without charging or accepting new subscribers. This is so that anyone currently subscribed can still download any releases that come out without being required to pay through to get new content.

I'm going to continue working on A Petal Among Thorns until its completion. I plan for it to have four more releases before I conclude the story. I don't currently have plans to continue the story after the vacation ends with the MC and Petal.

I'm putting Penny for Your Thoughts on hold while I work on A Petal Among Thorns. I'm having difficulty deciding the direction I want to take for Penny's game so I'm going to take extra time to flesh out some ideas and build a better plan before moving forward with it.

There won't be any more progress reports or live render polls here on Patreon or SubscribeStar but I will have updates on my Discord. My page is going to have all my games located there where everyone will be able to purchase new releases. Two weeks following a release, the game update will become free. Completed games will be available for one month at the same price as an update, followed by a Steam release after and a price on matching the Steam price.

This has been an extraordinary experience. I've enjoyed bringing these wonderful characters to life and presenting these exceptional stories. I've had so much fun and learned a lot through this journey. It was made possible by the wonderful people here in this community who supported me and my projects.

Thank you from the bottom of my Lockheart.

jufot

May 15, 2021
Damm, so sad to see he decided to not go forward with A Petal Among Thorns after the end of the vacation, i prefer that game over this one
Ha, I feel the exact opposite :) Petal to me is a better-than-average incestuous corruption game, but nothing special. Penny on the other hand feels uniquely brilliant and is the reason why I subscribed to his Patreon in the first place. Oh well, I hope he'll enable subscriptions again in the future once Petal is done and he figures out what he wants to do with Penny's story.

Last edited:
Reactions: RolandG.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Ha, I feel the exact opposite :) Petal to me is a better-than-average incestuous corruption game, but nothing special. Penny on the hard feels uniquely brilliant and is the reason why I subscribed to his Patreon in the first place. Oh well, I hope he'll enable subscriptions again in the future once Petal is done and he figures out what he wants to do with Penny's story.
To each their own. I dont like female protagonist games, and PFYT is clearly a female protagonist game, which is ok, if it wasnt trying to be marketed as otherwise.

And i feel specially betrayed because i asked the Dev when he announced PFYT if it was going to be a female protagonist because i didnt like them and he replied to me "When did i fail you?". Not to mention it reminds me of the terrible mistake the Dev made with Leah in the Avalon ending.

Petal has an Avalon vibe, with similar goofy moments and a similar narrative, which i loved in Avalon. PFYT on the other hand has a much different narrative and vibe, which i dont like, with Cassian feeling like Penny's puppy, even asking for permission to "accompany" her on her adventures.

Penny is also a "Mary Sue", she fixed a whole town problems without any experience or training and then keeps fixing everything while Cassian is portrayed as a clueless guy that was always following others (both on his past and now), which isnt helping the feeling that the mle protagonist was just an addition to just add the tag and hopefully trick some people that dont like female protagonists

Last edited:
Reactions: HansDampf788

Myrabelle

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2021
PFYT has a well written story and I think it would've been better with Cassian as The MC.
Hey, OwllwO! We tossed around the idea of making Cassian the only MC after the prologue Penny for Your Thoughts. Many fans of Penny feel, and rightfully so, that this would be an injustice to Penny by making her a side character in her own game. A harem game where Cassian has available to him all the love interests would likely have a better chance of success in this market but it would be a disservice to the current fans and to Penny.

This is a difficult situation where we want to do the right thing for our fans but can't justify the years of work PfyT would take for such a small audience. That's why we're simply placing it on hold for now while we decide on the best future for Penny. We don't feel right making a promise to our fans and then abandoning our project so we've placed our support sites on hold for now. We're going to focus on A Petal Among Thorns since the reception to it has been overwhelmingly positive.

Thank you for enjoying Penny for Your Thoughts and we hope to have good news for you soon.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
To me its also a slap in the face to Avalon cast. Might as well called Avalon The prologue for this game because once this girl was brought in all other in avalon came second. Even Leah...... all against being in a relationship due to the lesbian side of the of Byrons and avalons relationship yet in this game what is the first thing she does....she jumps into a lesbian relationship with this twit that a good number of people didnt like but hey one game messed up lets keep the ball rolling and cuck the cast of avalon while giving a side chick all the action once again. Hell I told lock keep the cast of avalon as cameos but instead he takes the one girl everyone wanted with byron and pulls shit.

jufot

May 15, 2021
Many fans of Penny feel, and rightfully so, that this would be an injustice to Penny by making her a side character in her own game. A harem game where Cassian has available to him all the love interests would likely have a better chance of success in this market but it would be a disservice to the current fans and to Penny. This is a difficult situation where we want to do the right thing for our fans but can't justify the years of work PfyT would take for such a small audience.
I completely understand what you are saying, and I can appreciate the monetary challenges of a female MC focused game. But personally, I wouldn't be able to continue supporting you financially if the game wasn't focused on Penny as the MC. Hell, Cassian could become an NPC and I'd be fine with that. Don't get me wrong, he's a great character and is very well written, but I have no interest in playing as him.

All that said, I hope you'll be very successful with whatever direction you choose :)

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Hey, OwllwO! We tossed around the idea of making Cassian the only MC after the prologue Penny for Your Thoughts. Many fans of Penny feel, and rightfully so, that this would be an injustice to Penny by making her a side character in her own game. A harem game where Cassian has available to him all the love interests would likely have a better chance of success in this market but it would be a disservice to the current fans and to Penny.

This is a difficult situation where we want to do the right thing for our fans but can't justify the years of work PfyT would take for such a small audience. That's why we're simply placing it on hold for now while we decide on the best future for Penny. We don't feel right making a promise to our fans and then abandoning our project so we've placed our support sites on hold for now. We're going to focus on A Petal Among Thorns since the reception to it has been overwhelmingly positive.

Thank you for enjoying Penny for Your Thoughts and we hope to have good news for you soon.
It should have never been Penny's game honestly, just like Avalon wasnt the MC on Avalon and Petal isnt the MC on Petal.

You guys lied to us, when you announced Penny for yout Thougts, i specifically asked Lockheart if it was going to be a Female Protagonist game because i disliked them, and his reply was literally "When did i fail you?" clearly indicating Penny wasnt going to be the protagonist.

Cassian is a joke, lets be honest here, he is clearly a sidekick, clearly a Robin to a Batman, and is only playable as an excuse to have the male protagonist tag, but he never behaves like a protagonist. He was a follower to his brother before his brother died, and he became a follower to Penny after.

He even asks Penny if he can accompany her on her adventures....

Penny should have never been the protagonist, that was a mistake and broke Lockheart's word about the game

Myrabelle

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2021
It should have never been Penny's game honestly, just like Avalon wasnt the MC on Avalon and Petal isnt the MC on Petal.

You guys lied to us, when you announced Penny for yout Thougts, i specifically asked Lockheart if it was going to be a Female Protagonist game because i disliked them, and his reply was literally "When did i fail you?" clearly indicating Penny wasnt going to be the protagonist.

Cassian is a joke, lets be honest here, he is clearly a sidekick, clearly a Robin to a Batman, and is only playable as an excuse to have the male protagonist tag, but he never behaves like a protagonist. He was a follower to his brother before his brother died, and he became a follower to Penny after.

He even asks Penny if he can accompany her on her adventures....

Penny should have never been the protagonist, that was a mistake and broke Lockheart's word about the game
We don't usually respond to negative remarks but I'm going to make an exception here in hopes that some enlightenment may change your opinion of Penny for Your Thoughts. With the universe we've created around Avalon, we were playing heavily on the Arthurian mythology. There were many hints given at who each character in Penny for Your Thoughts was modeled after in the Arthurian legacy but it seems the hints weren't as clear as we had hoped.

Cassian's real name is Arthur. This name was given to him by his adoptive mother who is a representation of the Lady of the Lake, Vivian. And the reason these names are popular in this universe is due to the influence of the benevolent global corporation Pridwyn. The names given to the characters in this universe gave them attributes to aspire to from ancient legends of King Arthur. So they often would take on similar traits.

Penny's parents had a very specific Arthurian mythological character they wanted her to be like. They raised her to be intelligent, caring, and cunning. As she continued to grow without them, she still aspired to this character. She would often use electricity in her offensive attacks. She raised and mentored Cassian as he grew into an adult. She developed sleight of hand who many would consider to be magic. Can you guess what her real name is?

Cassian as the main character absolutely makes sense. He was being groomed by Penny to be a benevolent leader. He would have gone on to put together a team of people, or 'knights', to go after the organization that killed his friends with the shield of Pridwyn at his side and the guidance of Excalibur from Vivian, and Penny as his mentor who would continue to train him and push him to be better.

This would have all been explained and developed over the course of several chapters but the project has suffered from too much negativity and we've decided to focus on other works for now. We're sorry you were displeased with the development of this story and we hope you'll enjoy our other novels.

Thank you.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
We don't usually respond to negative remarks but I'm going to make an exception here in hopes that some enlightenment may change your opinion of Penny for Your Thoughts. With the universe we've created around Avalon, we were playing heavily on the Arthurian mythology. There were many hints given at who each character in Penny for Your Thoughts was modeled after in the Arthurian legacy but it seems the hints weren't as clear as we had hoped.

Cassian's real name is Arthur. This name was given to him by his adoptive mother who is a representation of the Lady of the Lake, Vivian. And the reason these names are popular in this universe is due to the influence of the benevolent global corporation Pridwyn. The names given to the characters in this universe gave them attributes to aspire to from ancient legends of King Arthur. So they often would take on similar traits.

Penny's parents had a very specific Arthurian mythological character they wanted her to be like. They raised her to be intelligent, caring, and cunning. As she continued to grow without them, she still aspired to this character. She would often use electricity in her offensive attacks. She raised and mentored Cassian as he grew into an adult. She developed sleight of hand who many would consider to be magic. Can you guess what her real name is?

Cassian as the main character absolutely makes sense. He was being groomed by Penny to be a benevolent leader. He would have gone on to put together a team of people, or 'knights', to go after the organization that killed his friends with the shield of Pridwyn at his side and the guidance of Excalibur from Vivian, and Penny as his mentor who would continue to train him and push him to be better.

This would have all been explained and developed over the course of several chapters but the project has suffered from too much negativity and we've decided to focus on other works for now. We're sorry you were displeased with the development of this story and we hope you'll enjoy our other novels.

Thank you.
I'm sure in your imagination all that made sense, but you see, Arthur WAS a leader, Cassian is not. Merlin guided Arthur, but it was Arthur that made all his adventures, Merlin in the Arthurian mythology is a VERY PASSIVE character.

Here is the opposite, Penny is the one making all the moves, not just guiding. Penny doesnt guide, she leads, she lead the town into flourishing, she lead Cassian and his group of friends after his brother died (and before that, his brother lead), and in the present time, she is leading Cassian into the adventures.

And you see, there is a reason why Merlin is a passive character in the Arthurian mythology, and that reason is because had he participated in the adventures, then Arthur would have become a secondary character, which is exactly what happens with Cassian.

That is the issue here, Penny is the one with the focus here, she is the Mary Sue that knows it all and does everything right, and she is the one that takes things into action. Merlin never took action, because his role wasnt to be the protagonist.

The negative remarks come for something. I loved Avalon, because it made sense, untill the end with leah, which i hope you guys knew you screwed up.

Anyway, it seems that the problem is that you didnt understand the Arthurian's mythology roles before trying to recreate it in modern times. Merlin was an advisor, a guide that tried to give Arthur hints and show him the path for Arthur to follow it, bu Merlin wasnt the one following the path. Here Penny is the one following the path, and Cassian is just going behind her

Penny behaves like Arthur, and Cassian is at most, Lancelot, and that would be too much honestly.

Not to mention that, again, it isnt what Lockheart promised when he announced it.

And yes, i do enjoy your other novels, Avalon was great, a jewel untill the end, and Petal is following Avalon's steps and is good too.

Myrabelle

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2021
I'm sure in your imagination all that made sense, but you see, Arthur WAS a leader, Cassian is not. Merlin guided Arthur, but it was Arthur that made all his adventures, Merlin in the Arthurian mythology is a VERY PASSIVE character.

Here is the opposite, Penny is the one making all the moves, not just guiding. Penny doesnt guide, she leads, she lead the town into flourishing, she lead Cassian and his group of friends after his brother died (and before that, his brother lead), and in the present time, she is leading Cassian into the adventures.

And you see, there is a reason why Merlin is a passive character in the Arthurian mythology, and that reason is because had he participated in the adventures, then Arthur would have become a secondary character, which is exactly what happens with Cassian.

That is the issue here, Penny is the one with the focus here, she is the Mary Sue that knows it all and does everything right, and she is the one that takes things into action. Merlin never took action, because his role wasnt to be the protagonist.

The negative remarks come for something. I loved Avalon, because it made sense, untill the end with leah, which i hope you guys knew you screwed up.

Anyway, it seems that the problem is that you didnt understand the Arthurian's mythology roles before trying to recreate it in modern times. Merlin was an advisor, a guide that tried to give Arthur hints and show him the path for Arthur to follow it, bu Merlin wasnt the one following the path. Here Penny is the one following the path, and Cassian is just going behind her

Penny behaves like Arthur, and Cassian is at most, Lancelot, and that would be too much honestly.

Not to mention that, again, it isnt what Lockheart promised when he announced it.

And yes, i do enjoy your other novels, Avalon was great, a jewel untill the end, and Petal is following Avalon's steps and is good too.
juan palote, you're too eager to jump ahead twenty years. Merlin was not always so passive, he had a full life of adventure and excitement just as you said. Arthur was not born a full-grown man immediately ready for the crown, he grew into this role. This story takes place leading into what you're mentioning, not in the middle of it. You're not allowing for the consideration of character growth, you want to jump right into the middle of the story.

Penny is clearly not a Mary Sue character. She's made many mistakes and has been greatly beaten down by her failures. Several of her friends perished in Egypt, then she made a misstep with Gladstone, followed by Jinx being kidnapped. She has felt the sting of failure many times.

Avalon's story was not about Leah, Avalon's story was about Avalon. The point of the story regarding Leah at the end was that things may feel unfair at times but often lead to wonderful things later. If she had ended up with Byron and Avalon, that would have been the end of her story. We wouldn't have gotten to have her in Penny for Your Thoughts. Leah was a beloved character that we wanted to continue exploring. She would have been the catalyst to push Penny to be more sexually exploratory.

You're tunnel-visioning on how you want the story to be instead of enjoying the story as it is. And to that, we recommend that perhaps you should write your own stories and experience developing novels yourself. You may enjoy it.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020

Here is the opposite, Penny is the one making all the moves

And yes, i do enjoy your other novels, Avalon was great, a jewel untill the end
100% correct Lock was even warned by people about what he did to Avalon with Penny. He was told it would be best to keep the cast of Avalon as cameos. He was told the endings of Avalon where going to be disliked. He listened to no one he is doing the same here with the exception of this ghost of Lock thats posting here not understanding anything about Arthurian legends and getting everything back asswards.
He fell in love with his own character now he is wondering why this game is failing so he starts a new game to try and win back people with Pedal because he knows the screw up with Avalon lost people and the reason he lost them is the MC of this game and not everyone liked her and will not play and support this game. So to try and recoup he is putting this one on hold.... Here is a idea...... Fix Avalon, finish the story lines of a few characters in Avalon that just got left hanging. Get Leah out of this relationship with Penny in this game..... And Put her back in the relationship with Avalon and Byron as it should have been....
Why get her out... ITS simple she had no interest in this type of relationship in Avalon yet here she is in a lesbian relationship. Sure keep her here as a side character but link her back to Byron and Avalon and not PENNY. Give players the MC he promised people not this weak ass side character thats nothing but a plaything for Penny to boss around. OHHHHHHHHH you will love this game he told me........ NO I dont you screwed up the one game I really liked and you think I am going to trust you to do this one right.... You already failed for myself and others before you even started.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
juan palote, you're too eager to jump ahead twenty years. Merlin was not always so passive, he had a full life of adventure and excitement just as you said. Arthur was not born a full-grown man immediately ready for the crown, he grew into this role. This story takes place leading into what you're mentioning, not in the middle of it. You're not allowing for the consideration of character growth, you want to jump right into the middle of the story.

Penny is clearly not a Mary Sue character. She's made many mistakes and has been greatly beaten down by her failures. Several of her friends perished in Egypt, then she made a misstep with Gladstone, followed by Jinx being kidnapped. She has felt the sting of failure many times.

Avalon's story was not about Leah, Avalon's story was about Avalon. The point of the story regarding Leah at the end was that things may feel unfair at times but often lead to wonderful things later. If she had ended up with Byron and Avalon, that would have been the end of her story. We wouldn't have gotten to have her in Penny for Your Thoughts. Leah was a beloved character that we wanted to continue exploring. She would have been the catalyst to push Penny to be more sexually exploratory.

You're tunnel-visioning on how you want the story to be instead of enjoying the story as it is. And to that, we recommend that perhaps you should write your own stories and experience developing novels yourself. You may enjoy it.
you have clearly been watchin that show on tv about a young Merlin.... 100% made for tv As for Leah...... you cut the game short so of course you gave her no chance in Avalon. Would you like me to send some books on the subject to enlighten you? I am sure your local library even has them.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Merlin might have not being passive before Arthur's time, but when Merlin wasnt active, if you would have tell the story, then it would have been Merlin's story, and not Arthur's, therefore Merlin would be the protagonist, just like here Penny is, and Arthur did noting (and didnt even exist) while Merlin was active (and even then, there isnt much about Merlin active in the Arthurian mythology)

Again, that is the issue, if you want to tell Cassian's/Arthur's story, then you cant have an active Merlin/Penny, as i said, there is a reason why WHILE TELLING Arthur story, Merlin is ALWAYS passive

Please, those arent failures, she always got her objective fulfilled.

So you screwed the end of one game to allow to import that character into the next?. I dont want to get into this too much, because Avalon is finished, so it makes no sense to go back anyway.

I am not enjoying the story as it is, because to me it has many mistakes, which i am giving you feedback. Its not because i am tunnel vision, its because i was promised that Penny wasnt going to be the protagonist, when she clearly is. Hell, even the ones that enjoy this game are telling you that they dont even care about Cassian (just look at this post https://f95zone.to/threads/penny-for-your-thoughts-prologue-v1-1-2-lockheart.80751/post-6237869). Almost no one is playing this game because of Cassian, because he is Penny's puppy to follow her around, and that is not interesting. Cassian isnt an MC, that is very clear

Your story isnt going in the direction you think it is, the sooner you realize, the better. If you want Cassian to be Arthur, you NEED to put Penny behind the scenes and not as an MC, just like Merlin is not on the scene in Arthur's stories.

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes