4.40 star(s) 18 Votes

jufot

May 15, 2021
Hell, even the ones that enjoy this game are telling you that they dont even care about Cassian (just look at this post https://f95zone.to/threads/penny-for-your-thoughts-prologue-v1-1-2-lockheart.80751/post-6237869). Almost no one is playing this game because of Cassian, because he is Penny's puppy to follow her around, and that is not interesting.
Ah, excuse you, I very much care about Cassian. As I've said in that post, he's a great, well-written character and I'd love to read more about him. I'm just not interested in playing as him.

But more than that, I disagree about Cassian not being an MC. Being a main character is about the point-of-view, not about being at the top of the food chain. The story was going to be told from two different optional perspectives, Penny's and Cassian's, making them the main character in their own version. But, I guess some people couldn't stomach the idea that there could be a person above an MC in the social hierarchy. Oh well...

Last edited:

Kass/\ndra

Apr 29, 2021
Merlin might have not being passive before Arthur's time, but when Merlin wasnt active, if you would have tell the story, then it would have been Merlin's story, and not Arthur's, therefore Merlin would be the protagonist, just like here Penny is, and Arthur did noting (and didnt even exist) while Merlin was active (and even then, there isnt much about Merlin active in the Arthurian mythology)

Again, that is the issue, if you want to tell Cassian's/Arthur's story, then you cant have an active Merlin/Penny, as i said, there is a reason why WHILE TELLING Arthur story, Merlin is ALWAYS passive

Please, those arent failures, she always got her objective fulfilled.

So you screwed the end of one game to allow to import that character into the next?. I dont want to get into this too much, because Avalon is finished, so it makes no sense to go back anyway.

I am not enjoying the story as it is, because to me it has many mistakes, which i am giving you feedback. Its not because i am tunnel vision, its because i was promised that Penny wasnt going to be the protagonist, when she clearly is. Hell, even the ones that enjoy this game are telling you that they dont even care about Cassian (just look at this post https://f95zone.to/threads/penny-for-your-thoughts-prologue-v1-1-2-lockheart.80751/post-6237869). Almost no one is playing this game because of Cassian, because he is Penny's puppy to follow her around, and that is not interesting. Cassian isnt an MC, that is very clear

Your story isnt going in the direction you think it is, the sooner you realize, the better. If you want Cassian to be Arthur, you NEED to put Penny behind the scenes and not as an MC, just like Merlin is not on the scene in Arthur's stories.

Okay, this is getting ridiculous.
Listen, I have but one question for you:
Do you have any legal claims on the story, or the original characters occurring in the game?
Well, if the answer is no, than the developers can do with their assets whatever they want.
If you like it or not is a completely different thing and you are free to voice your opinions, but you're acting as if they cheated you in some way by repeating over and over again that someone promised you something.
Cheated you in what way exactly?
That you absolutely disdain the male MC, because he is in your opinion not the manly superior "Übermensch" that you want him to be, is not the problem of the developers, nor is it, that you dislike how the female MC is portrayed in the story.
It is their project and I hardly believe that you payed them to specifically make this the game of your dreams.
If they choose to give Penny six arms and three heads out of a sudden, than they'll do so and we all have to either accept it, or look for another game to play.

I really don't want to be the one to point it out, but demanding something you are not in the slightest entitled to, makes you look like a spoiled little kid who doesn't like its birthday presents and throws a tantrum over it.
No disrespect, but who exactly do you think you are, telling artists what they should do with their own creations?

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Okay, this is getting ridiculous.
Listen, I have but one question for you:
Do you have any legal claims on the story, or the original characters occurring in the game?
Well, if the answer is no, than the developers can do with their assets whatever they want.
If you like it or not is a completely different thing and you are free to voice your opinions, but you're acting as if they cheated you in some way by repeating over and over again that someone promised you something.
Cheated you in what way exactly?
That you absolutely disdain the male MC, because he is in your opinion not the manly superior "Übermensch" that you want him to be, is not the problem of the developers, nor is it, that you dislike how the female MC is portrayed in the story.
It is their project and I hardly believe that you payed them to specifically make this the game of your dreams.
If they choose to give Penny six arms and three heads out of a sudden, than they'll do so and we all have to either accept it, or look for another game to play.

I really don't want to be the one to point it out, but demanding something you are not in the slightest entitled to, makes you look like a spoiled little kid who doesn't like its birthday presents and throws a tantrum over it.
No disrespect, but who exactly do you think you are, telling artists what they should do with their own creations?
He did "cheated" as in promised something to then deliver something else. Some people value their word, and some people dont, and i dont like when people throw their promises into the bin. Even if he can do what his game whatever he wanted to, then he shouldnt have promised something else.

About your attacks on myself, all i have to tell you is, i dont care what you think of me and you having such opinion on someone that you dont know at all says a lot about yourself.

Anoobics

Nov 22, 2018
Myrabelle Lockheart I'm sad to see all the negative feedback resulting in you putting this on hold. I for one loved the game so far and the direction it was going. Wish people would play the games they want rather then making devs change their games for their own ideas. there is an endless amount of games out there that fit loads of different likes. if a game isn't going they way you want or have the things you want, move on. don't pester the devs to change it because you Dont like something. these games are made by people that have a vision and want to share it with us so let them or move on.

Again thank you to the Devs and everyone working on this game. Make the game you want, not the game a bunch of freeloaders on a pirate site demand from you.

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
I liked how the game and the characters were just the way they were.
There are games here for everyone, I don't understand why everything always has to be discussed to death just because you have to force your opinion on someone.

I still hope that the developers will stick to their story and continue to develop the game, but I think it's doomed or will come back as an adapted mainstream product. what a shame.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Hey, OwllwO! We tossed around the idea of making Cassian the only MC after the prologue Penny for Your Thoughts. Many fans of Penny feel, and rightfully so, that this would be an injustice to Penny by making her a side character in her own game. A harem game where Cassian has available to him all the love interests would likely have a better chance of success in this market but it would be a disservice to the current fans and to Penny.

This is a difficult situation where we want to do the right thing for our fans but can't justify the years of work PfyT would take for such a small audience. That's why we're simply placing it on hold for now while we decide on the best future for Penny. We don't feel right making a promise to our fans and then abandoning our project so we've placed our support sites on hold for now. We're going to focus on A Petal Among Thorns since the reception to it has been overwhelmingly positive.

Thank you for enjoying Penny for Your Thoughts and we hope to have good news for you soon.
Damn - first return in awhile and I was really enjoying Penny in all her incarnations through the 2 games. What an awesome character! Hope someway we can see some more of her in some way,,,

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
The issue with the popularity with Penny for your Thoughts, I think, is that most fans of Penny want to see her as a love interest for a male MC, and that is just not the character that you have in mind for her. Fair enough, but that limits you to fans of exclusive FF, which are not that large. I think that also held back support of Avalon, frankly. I didn't especially mind it, but the FF portions of Avalon probably turned off a fair number of your fans.

Of course, it is your game, and you should feel free to tell the story you want to tell, but if you want more support, it helps to cater to tastes that more people have. Of course, you don't want to go 100% in the other direction and make your game derivitive and chiched, otherwise why should anyone play it? For best results it should appeal to at least a large proportion of potential fans, yet have enough unique elements to make it stand out.

Well, for better or worse, male protagonist games appeal to many more people than female protagonist games, even with a fun MC like Penny. I am sure the market for VNs is 90%+ male, and most of us like stories where we can see ourselves in the protagonist, at least tangentially, or at least put ourselves in his position. Female main characters are great in novels and movies, but where it is heavily romance centered form, like AVNs, most guys aren't interested in imagining themselves as female MC, though of course there are exceptions, which don't appeal to me personally, but are quite popular, GGGB, for example.

Similarly to how romance novels, which are almost all female MC (the straight ones), where the market is 90%+ female.

Unfortunately, Lockheart, if you want the most audience and appeal for your games, which are quite unique and have a lot to offer, I would stick with male protagonist games with a good, well involved story.

I'll mention more in your other thread (Petal), but I think that an overarching mystery or conflict in your story will help get support. There is a lot of competition, as you know, and games with something interesting to keep players coming back again and again do best. Think of WTHI, where there is an mystery who is double-crossing the MC, or think of Hillside where the identity of the stalker is unknown. If mysteries aren't your thing, than a exciting self-propelled story, where lots of things are happening toward some grand conclusion, think City of Broken Dreamers.

Just a few thoughts. I truly enjoy your graphical style in all your games, including Penny for your Thoughts, and your ability to make well fleshed out characters, with fun personalities. Your dialog is quite funny too, which I appreciate.

Skydden

Feb 22, 2019
Unfortunately, Lockheart, if you want the most audience and appeal for your games, which are quite unique and have a lot to offer, I would stick with male protagonist games with a good, well involved story.
Fuck that. Follow your heart, not the masses. When you follow the masses you get things like the marvel movies, overly mediocre, mindless instant gratification shit that you forget the next day. No innovation whatsoever. If you make a female protagonist game, you are already more innovative than 80% of the shit on this site. Don't force yourself trying to make a game you don't enjoy making just to appease everyone.

"Follow your dreams" - Some dog

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
You forgot to quote the rest of my post that completely invalidates everything you have just said.

Of course, it is your game, and you should feel free to tell the story you want to tell, but if you want more support, it helps to cater to tastes that more people have. Of course, you don't want to go 100% in the other direction and make your game derivative and cliched, otherwise why should anyone play it? For best results it should appeal to at least a large proportion of potential fans, yet have enough unique elements to make it stand out.
But thanks though! Quoting a single sentence out of a whole page of (hopefully to someone) helpful suggestions so you can make your very obvious point, is just Saturday around here.

Reactions: juan palote

Skydden

Feb 22, 2019
You forgot to quote the rest of my post that completely invalidates everything you have just said.

But thanks though! Quoting a single sentence out of a whole page of (hopefully to someone) helpful suggestions so you can make your very obvious point, is just Saturday around here.
I know what you said was in good faith, but my response still applies. You are still suggesting they should change the way the game is made just to appeal a larger audience.

Landerk

May 20, 2018
Very sorry to see that this is [Onhold], I love Penny the way she is, and really enjoyed what was in this story so far. When I see threads like this, it makes me want to go into the forum's of the games that these other people like, and complain like they do, perhaps if enough people did it they would begin to understand things from another perspective?
Just trolling looking for attention, or maybe there is no single other game that gives them want they want, so they need to make sure to ruin things for anyone who does not share their personal views of what is fun and/or acceptable? :mad:
hoping to push the cancel culture agenda?

Oh well, I'll be hoping that this game will somehow find its way to continuing on as it was. :cry:

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Myrabelle Lockheart I'm sad to see all the negative feedback resulting in you putting this on hold. I for one loved the game so far and the direction it was going. Wish people would play the games they want rather then making devs change their games for their own ideas. there is an endless amount of games out there that fit loads of different likes. if a game isn't going they way you want or have the things you want, move on. don't pester the devs to change it because you Dont like something. these games are made by people that have a vision and want to share it with us so let them or move on.

Again thank you to the Devs and everyone working on this game. Make the game you want, not the game a bunch of freeloaders on a pirate site demand from you.
So why should the dev listen to you then? Because you are a freeloader on a pirate site as well. :rolleyes:

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
So why should the dev listen to you then? Because you are a freeloader on a pirate site as well. :rolleyes:
Exactly, why should white knights get an advantage? Threads just demonize negative nancies and prop up white knights in a pedestal.
Scenario:
Legit reviewer: The story has consistencies(Which is true).
Dev: So? you a freeloader.

White knight asslicker: You can do no wrong and your story is perfect(which is not entirely true).
Dev: Thank you for that.

Last edited:

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I, for one, liked the story of PfYT.

I don't know if anyone has said it already, but in my opinion the problem was having 2 MCs. Games with more than 1 MC seem somewhat difficult to create. You have to try that one does not overshadow the other, for example.

As some have already said, there is not much of a market for games with female protagonists. And the few that there are, consist of making the protagonist a whore who pounces on the first cock she sees.
In my case, I enjoy playing with female protagonists, as long as I have an entirely lesbian route. If not, I don't play it.
First, because of my personal preferences and second, because of what I mentioned above. The kind of games we have with a female lead.

Speaking of the future, I wouldn't see a bad thing that PfYT was exclusively with Penny as the protagonist (with a lesbian route, of course. Heh), and that Cassian has her game apart from her. I have read about the opinion that some have of Cassian, and it seems to be him not much convincing as an MC. But, I think if he had a game where he's just the MC, there would be no problem.

If what you don't like is that he looks more like an assistant to the other MC than a good MC, this would be a good solution. I am absolutely convinced that Lockheart has covered the stories of all the characters that he creates and it shows that he cares for them.

4.40 star(s) 18 Votes