Ren'Py Perfect Family: A Family of Perverts [Rework U1.2] [POHG]

2.60 star(s) 15 Votes

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I guess the dev wanted you to have incest with all kinds of races and the implication is that she kept going until she had a boy or something but I do get where you're coming from because it's not exactly a great thing to think about lmao
Also doesn't match one of the main tags "Harem".... although neither does "Futa on Female"... i.e. sharing/swinging but the dudes have tits.... and curvy butts.

Which given that planned tag... guess the Mom doesn't stop with MCs dick after-all... The streets... they be calling. (On that route at least.. given the harem note I assume that isn't on the harem route... cause well wouldn't be a harem route anymore if it was :KEK: )

Last edited:

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Also doesn't match one of the main tags "Harem".... although neither does "Futa on Female"... i.e. sharing/swinging but the dudes have tits.... and curvy butts.

Which given that planned tag... guess the Mom doesn't stop with MCs dick after-all... The streets... they be calling. (On that route at least.. given the harem note I assume that isn't on the harem route... cause well wouldn't be a harem route anymore if it was :KEK: )
I've noticed a problem with game devs owning threads and doing anything in their power to avoid certain tags despite them being in the game although in this case it might not be applied because it's only planned. I've noticed some "harem" game devs include lesbian NTR or lesbian sharing and sometimes it's not even avoidable yet they refuse to tag the game appropriately because they know that having those controversial tags on their game is a potential death wish for the game. Devs owning threads and deciding tags is a conflict of interest and ideally it would be good if we could see developer tags VS community voted tags maybe kinda like steam or whatever.

I'm kinda worried as is because even on the non lesbian content route the dev says "this still kiss and fondle eachother for teasing" which is kinda red flagish because ideally if you've already entered a relationship they wouldn't do that stuff anymore.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I've noticed a problem with game devs owning threads and doing anything in their power to avoid certain tags despite them being in the game although in this case it might not be applied because it's only planned. I've noticed some "harem" game devs include lesbian NTR or lesbian sharing and sometimes it's not even avoidable yet they refuse to tag the game appropriately because they know that having those controversial tags on their game is a potential death wish for the game. Devs owning threads and deciding tags is a conflict of interest and ideally it would be good if we could see developer tags VS community voted tags maybe kinda like steam or whatever.

I'm kinda worried as is because even on the non lesbian content route the dev says "this still kiss and fondle eachother for teasing" which is kinda red flagish because ideally if you've already entered a relationship they wouldn't do that stuff anymore.
okay so gonna agree but also defend :S

The first big one, 100%, like there is this one game that has "Lesbian content is made with the assumption it isn't NTR."... like bruh.. if you wrote it in a way, that it is NTR... then it is NTR XD
Or calling polyamory (lesbian sharing + MC) harem, when it is clearly not.

That community tags idea is a great one btw... but don't think the f95zone mods would appreciate that one. (sounds like there could be a lot of fuckery with people being trolls... e.g. you hate or love a certain genre and decide to stir some shit).
Although you can report a thread and say it is missing a tag.

Now for the defend,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Anyway, the wording is important, to quote "All the females will love you, but they are also okay with doing stuff to each other to please the mc." the emphasis is "to please the MC" which implies that they don't have interest in eachother, and are only doing anything because MC derrives pleasure from it. (e.g. rubbing MCs dick between their tits for a tame example, or one eating the other out while MC pounds em from behind for a more intimate example).

So as long as the dev is actually true to that statement then there should be nothing that is not harem (like an LI using a strap-on on another LI, don't matter if MC enjoys it, that ain't harem, that falls under lesbian and sharing).
So hopefully, they will make the more over the line of harem things optional, or more appropriately, simply not on the harem route.

My concern would be more with the planned futa, since it isn't specified if that would be on the harem route or not, only lesbian is separated. Could just be they haven't thought about it that much yet, but futa on female obviously has no place in a harem route, not even as a choice, assuming the harem route is its own proper fleshed out route, and not just a route you can get by making certain constant choices. (which I wouldn't do the latter, since players who want harem only route, probably wouldn't want to be constantly reminded that the LIs are willing to be shared, or want a futa dick.. kinda ruins the whole idea that they only love MC if you constantly have options to do otherwise in their face)

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
okay so gonna agree but also defend :S

The first big one, 100%, like there is this one game that has "Lesbian content is made with the assumption it isn't NTR."... like bruh.. if you wrote it in a way, that it is NTR... then it is NTR XD
Or calling polyamory (lesbian sharing + MC) harem, when it is clearly not.

That community tags idea is a great one btw... but don't think the f95zone mods would appreciate that one. (sounds like there could be a lot of fuckery with people being trolls... e.g. you hate or love a certain genre and decide to stir some shit).
Although you can report a thread and say it is missing a tag.

Now for the defend,
Anyway, the wording is important, to quote "All the females will love you, but they are also okay with doing stuff to each other to please the mc." the emphasis is "to please the MC" which implies that they don't have interest in eachother, and are only doing anything because MC derrives pleasure from it. (e.g. rubbing MCs dick between their tits for a tame example, or one eating the other out while MC pounds em from behind for a more intimate example).

So as long as the dev is actually true to that statement then there should be nothing that is not harem (like an LI using a strap-on on another LI, don't matter if MC enjoys it, that ain't harem, that falls under lesbian and sharing).
So hopefully, they will make the more over the line of harem things optional, or more appropriately, simply not on the harem route.

My concern would be more with the planned futa, since it isn't specified if that would be on the harem route or not, only lesbian is separated. Could just be they haven't thought about it that much yet, but futa on female obviously has no place in a harem route, not even as a choice, assuming the harem route is its own proper fleshed out route, and not just a route you can get by making certain constant choices. (which I wouldn't do the latter, since players who want harem only route, probably wouldn't want to be constantly reminded that the LIs are willing to be shared, or want a futa dick.. kinda ruins the whole idea that they only love MC if you constantly have options to do otherwise in their face)
The line "to please the MC" is still worryingly vague to me though. Lesbian sharing/NTR should be treated the same way as regular NTR imo as it's very divisive. It should be treated with extreme caution. For those who are okay with lesbian sharing/NTR they need to ask themselves "would I be okay with a guy doing this" because if not it should really require some sort of choice because for some guys the gender doesn't matter. In a worst case scenario the dev just assumes that players are okay with lesbian shit happening during threesome scenes and doesn't edit the content because it'd take more effort than usual which kinda defeats the point of it being a choice in the first place.

There's also the added point about kissing and groping earlier which is still potentially red flagish but I guess at the end of the day all we can do is wait and see what happens. On the point of Futa he lists futanari as "completely optional" so I'd assume that it's pretty safe. I do wonder if it means the character is optional or whether her being a futanari is optional but I assume the former because it'd be less work then working on two sets of scenes.

I'm guessing some potential patreons are gonna hold out to see how the dev handles this stuff too because nobody wants to fund a game and have it end up not being what they wanted in that regard.

Edit: Oh and on the community tag thing I mentioned how dev tags would still be included separately so in the case of trolling people can still see what the dev thinks the tags are. I'm completely aware some trolls would tag all NTR as gay or some shit like that but my assumption was that much like reviews and likes there won't be many people voting and as such it would be hard to "shadowban" trolls by making their community tag votes worth less and maybe making trusted people's tags worth more.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
The line "to please the MC" is still worryingly vague to me though. Lesbian sharing/NTR should be treated the same way as regular NTR imo as it's very divisive. It should be treated with extreme caution. For those who are okay with lesbian sharing/NTR they need to ask themselves "would I be okay with a guy doing this" because if not it should really require some sort of choice because for some guys the gender doesn't matter. In a worst case scenario the dev just assumes that players are okay with lesbian shit happening during threesome scenes and doesn't edit the content because it'd take more effort than usual which kinda defeats the point of it being a choice in the first place.

There's also the added point about kissing and groping earlier which is still potentially red flagish but I guess at the end of the day all we can do is wait and see what happens. On the point of Futa he lists futanari as "completely optional" so I'd assume that it's pretty safe. I do wonder if it means the character is optional or whether her being a futanari is optional but I assume the former because it'd be less work then working on two sets of scenes.

I'm guessing some potential patreons are gonna hold out to see how the dev handles this stuff too because nobody wants to fund a game and have it end up not being what they wanted in that regard.

Edit: Oh and on the community tag thing I mentioned how dev tags would still be included separately so in the case of trolling people can still see what the dev thinks the tags are. I'm completely aware some trolls would tag all NTR as gay or some shit like that but my assumption was that much like reviews and likes there won't be many people voting and as such it would be hard to "shadowban" trolls by making their community tag votes worth less and maybe making trusted people's tags worth more.
fair points, in regards to trolls I more meant games given tags that they clearly don't have. (watching another man... kinda do be gay in a way XP )

Anyway I would give a more detailed response, but we are getting off-topic at this point so I will just leave it with this:
"Values: What do they believe is most important, WHAT DO THEY DESPISE?"
This is something taught in marketing in regards to target market/demographic, and sadly is something most devs completely ignore, especially new ones.
They may get the "Most important" right, but then they shoot themselves in the foot ignoring what their target market despises. Much to their detriment.
Seen quite a few abandoned harem games cause they added in optional content that just turns away the harem demographic.

p.s. if you would like to continue the discussion feel free to DM me.

Last edited:

_POHG

Professional Family Breeder Since 1869
Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
bobdillan
PurpleRobot

I've been quickly reading through your conversation, and this is my response.
1. Community tags would be a great idea. A good example of this is something like how vndb does it. All the tags are weighted according to the number of people who reported that game with that tag. So when 1 troll comes in and incorrectly tags the game it will be weighted out.
2. At the beginning of the game, you are able to turn futanari and lesbian off. When doing this lesbian scenes will be automatically skipped/altered and futanari characters have their gender changed to female.
3. For the questions about how much lesbian sharing stuff will be, it's a bit hard to answer. I haven't made the entire game yet, but I'm not planning to make it a big thing.

Also, the whole problem with tags is that they don't show an accurate representation of the game. A single 12-second scene with your step cousing after 12 hours of content? The entire game gets tagged with incest. You have two girls kissing for a comedic joke? The entire game get's tagged as sharing and maybe NTR. In neither of these scenarios, the tags fairly represent what the game is about, but that is the whole problem with tags.

And if I have missed any questions you have posted in this thread, feel free to DM me. It's hard to read through all the replies when they're all through each other.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
bobdillan
PurpleRobot

I've been quickly reading through your conversation, and this is my response.
1. Community tags would be a great idea. A good example of this is something like how vndb does it. All the tags are weighted according to the number of people who reported that game with that tag. So when 1 troll comes in and incorrectly tags the game it will be weighted out.
2. At the beginning of the game, you are able to turn futanari and lesbian off. When doing this lesbian scenes will be automatically skipped/altered and futanari characters have their gender changed to female.
3. For the questions about how much lesbian sharing stuff will be, it's a bit hard to answer. I haven't made the entire game yet, but I'm not planning to make it a big thing.

Also, the whole problem with tags is that they don't show an accurate representation of the game. A single 12-second scene with your step cousing after 12 hours of content? The entire game gets tagged with incest. You have two girls kissing for a comedic joke? The entire game get's tagged as sharing and maybe NTR. In neither of these scenarios, the tags fairly represent what the game is about, but that is the whole problem with tags.

And if I have missed any questions you have posted in this thread, feel free to DM me. It's hard to read through all the replies when they're all through each other.
I do think it's important for a game to have tags visible even if it's not what the entire game is about. I mean one fart fetish or scat scene might not be what a game is about yet it's something people would like to be aware of all the same. Likewise all it takes in one scene to potentially ruin a game as bobdillian pointed out one unavoidable NTR scene would kill a harem game hell even if it was skippable people would probably be uneasy since it might start turning into a pimping sim rather than a harem.

Speaking of VNDB I think they have a scale of 1-10 for tags so you can rate how hard the game correlates with a tag. In your example it could be 1 for incest because it's barely any part of the content but 10 would probably be something like your game where it seems all or most LIs are incestual. Or maybe I misunderstand the website and it's just weighted like you said.
2. At the beginning of the game, you are able to turn futanari and lesbian off. When doing this lesbian scenes will be automatically skipped/altered and futanari characters have their gender changed to female."
I hope the "skipped" things means that the scenes don't happen and not that they happened off screen because if so this sounds good as it saves the player from having to actively reject the fetishes constantly which is ideal.

Reactions: EJW

_POHG

Professional Family Breeder Since 1869
Game Developer
Oct 20, 2021
I do think it's important for a game to have tags visible even if it's not what the entire game is about. I mean one fart fetish or scat scene might not be what a game is about yet it's something people would like to be aware of all the same. Likewise all it takes in one scene to potentially ruin a game as bobdillian pointed out one unavoidable NTR scene would kill a harem game hell even if it was skippable people would probably be uneasy since it might start turning into a pimping sim rather than a harem.

Speaking of VNDB I think they have a scale of 1-10 for tags so you can rate how hard the game correlates with a tag. In your example it could be 1 for incest because it's barely any part of the content but 10 would probably be something like your game where it seems all or most LIs are incestual. Or maybe I misunderstand the website and it's just weighted like you said.

I hope the "skipped" things means that the scenes don't happen and not that they happened off screen because if so this sounds good as it saves the player from having to actively reject the fetishes constantly which is ideal.
I agree that games should have a warning for people who don't want any scene of a specific tag. I just think that it should also be more obvious with how present that tag is (like having a main tag, normal tag, and little tags).

And skipping scenes in this context means:
With lesbian on, the scene layout would look like this:
MC has sex with girl A
MC has sex with girl B
Girl A and B have sex with each other while MC has sex with girl C

With lesbian off:
MC has sex with girl A
MC has sex with girl B
MC has sex with girl C (Girl A and B might not be in view of the camera, but it will not say that they had sex with each other.)

Characters will still say they might have done lesbian things in the past before being in a relationship with MC.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
I agree that games should have a warning for people who don't want any scene of a specific tag. I just think that it should also be more obvious with how present that tag is (like having a main tag, normal tag, and little tags).

And skipping scenes in this context means:
With lesbian on, the scene layout would look like this:
MC has sex with girl A
MC has sex with girl B
Girl A and B have sex with each other while MC has sex with girl C

With lesbian off:
MC has sex with girl A
MC has sex with girl B
MC has sex with girl C (Girl A and B might not be in view of the camera, but it will not say that they had sex with each other.)

Characters will still say they might have done lesbian things in the past before being in a relationship with MC.
Ah nice that sounds good. Thanks for the clarification.

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
Huh? wait what do you mean?
I'm not sure what YOU mean. Perhaps other countries/languages may use a different term for it, but diagramming sentences is part of a Basic High School English course and, by extension, other languages also. It helps to show what is important in the sentence and what is fluff. Basic Writing 101.

The "English Majors" reference was in regards to a long-running joke in NPR's Prairie Home Companion, but was quite applicable to my point even without knowing the original joke.

Desten

Sep 18, 2021
I'm not sure what YOU mean. Perhaps other countries/languages may use a different term for it, but diagramming sentences is part of a Basic High School English course and, by extension, other languages also. It helps to show what is important in the sentence and what is fluff. Basic Writing 101.

The "English Majors" reference was in regards to a long-running joke in NPR's Prairie Home Companion, but was quite applicable to my point even without knowing the original joke.
Ah I see.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
The MC's conversation with Mika about her mother seems designed to make me say no.

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
will pregnancy/impregnation have time to progress? i know there are ppl who like to see the seeds grow sorta speak but im just asking because i hate seeing instant genres like i have instant noodles...

Reactions: hentai charley

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
I played an earlier version and still had the dlc.rpy file lying around. I guess it's no longer supported since it's not linked in OP?

Edit: So it seems the file I have is identical to the one packaged in the .rpa. Has fam = True and proper incest relationships defined. But in game characters don't seem to be related? :WaitWhat:

Last edited:

KariArisu

May 20, 2018
I played an earlier version and still had the dlc.rpy file lying around. I guess it's no longer supported since it's not linked in OP?

Edit: So it seems the file I have is identical to the one packaged in the .rpa. Has fam = True and proper incest relationships defined. But in game characters don't seem to be related? :WaitWhat:
As soon as you try to name the first character "mom" it turns on incest mode and you don't have to name the rest. You don't need a patch for it.

2.60 star(s) 15 Votes