Ren'Py Perfect Family: A Family of Perverts [Rework U1.2] [POHG]

2.60 star(s) 15 Votes

Nanaki26

Dec 14, 2018
The line "to please the MC" is still worryingly vague to me though. Lesbian sharing/NTR should be treated the same way as regular NTR imo as it's very divisive. It should be treated with extreme caution. For those who are okay with lesbian sharing/NTR they need to ask themselves "would I be okay with a guy doing this" because if not it should really require some sort of choice because for some guys the gender doesn't matter. In a worst case scenario the dev just assumes that players are okay with lesbian shit happening during threesome scenes and doesn't edit the content because it'd take more effort than usual which kinda defeats the point of it being a choice in the first place.

There's also the added point about kissing and groping earlier which is still potentially red flagish but I guess at the end of the day all we can do is wait and see what happens. On the point of Futa he lists futanari as "completely optional" so I'd assume that it's pretty safe. I do wonder if it means the character is optional or whether her being a futanari is optional but I assume the former because it'd be less work then working on two sets of scenes.

I'm guessing some potential patreons are gonna hold out to see how the dev handles this stuff too because nobody wants to fund a game and have it end up not being what they wanted in that regard.

Edit: Oh and on the community tag thing I mentioned how dev tags would still be included separately so in the case of trolling people can still see what the dev thinks the tags are. I'm completely aware some trolls would tag all NTR as gay or some shit like that but my assumption was that much like reviews and likes there won't be many people voting and as such it would be hard to "shadowban" trolls by making their community tag votes worth less and maybe making trusted people's tags worth more.

Ok, but have you stopped to consider this, "for those who are okay with Harem they need to ask themselves, if a girl is dating a guy, that has a harem, would she be okay with me fucking other girls?" would that then, turn that harem into an NTR? So we just dismiss that these girls will always automatically be okay with it?

In all honesty, these are big words, but even someone like me that doesn't dive into NTR knows that the premise of girls you have in a harem, fucking each other, is definitely not NTR.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
That isn't true at all... there are a lot of people that don't like their harem girls fucking each other...
Regardless of one's stance on this, disliking an act doesn't mean that act is NTR... You can dislike polyamory, but that doesn't make polyamory NTR. At least based off of any NTR definition I've seen from any more credible source than random person x's forum post.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Regardless of one's stance on this, disliking an act doesn't mean that act is NTR... You can dislike polyamory, but that doesn't make polyamory NTR. At least based off of any NTR definition I've seen from any more credible source than random person x's forum post.
I never said poly is NTR...
I said poly isn't harem... and therefore disliked by many people in the harem community.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I never said poly is NTR...
I said poly isn't harem... and therefore disliked by many people in the harem community.
Touche, but I disagree with that assertion as well. Harems are literally just defined as women who all have the same mate. This assertion that that precludes them from being intimate within that group is not supported by anything other than people's own personal definitions of what they like/prefer. Now I'm not here to yuck anyone's yum, although the don't let the girls touch each other crowd are real vocal about how they find it yucky, and so I get not wanting it in your preferential version of a harem, but I don't think that view is as grounded in linguistic/historic/real world precedence as some folks seem to think it is.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Touche, but I disagree with that assertion as well. Harems are literally just defined as women who all have the same mate. This assertion that that precludes them from being intimate within that group is not supported by anything other than people's own personal definitions of what they like/prefer. Now I'm not here to yuck anyone's yum, although the don't let the girls touch each other crowd are real vocal about how they find it yucky, and so I get not wanting it in your preferential version of a harem, but I don't think that view is as grounded in linguistic/historic/real world precedence as some folks seem to think it is.
I wouldn't call it "yucky" but I definitely would nip in the bud if the game gives me the option to disable lesbian sex outside of scenes where MC is an active participant.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I wouldn't call it "yucky" but I definitely would nip in the bud if the game gives me the option to disable lesbian sex outside of scenes where MC is an active participant.
And I definitely get that, as a person who supports trans rights and would have no issues being with a post op woman I'm just not into "futa" at all, and opt out if given the option (thanks dev!) . So I get the desire to opt out, it just bothers me how often people have a personal definition of something and then decry something as not being "x" when that definition is only in their head. And I definitely wasn't trying to accuse you of finding something yucky, it's just something I've noticed enough to have observed a trend amongst some enjoyers of harem games. More choice is more better and I think allowing people to customize their play experience is definitely good if a dev wants broader appeal. I also understand some games just aren't for me and move on (not saying that's the case for you here), because devs deserve to tell the story they want to, as well. I do wish we had more granular tags though.

Reactions: Uthuriel

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
game bug seriously, i gave both vn/sandbox a try but both can't find picture for some reason and after a couple page of not finding picture end on a bug screen

Zorlond

Jun 15, 2021
Hey Dev, in a later version of the game, could you attach the smaller scenes from the Sandbox mode to the Visual Novel mode? You know, the bits where you're just chatting with people around your house and school. For those of us who like the cute little slivers of life, but don't have the patience for sandbox?

Unless you already planned to do that eventually, in which case don't mind me...

Reactions: NoNameAAA

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Ok, but have you stopped to consider this, "for those who are okay with Harem they need to ask themselves, if a girl is dating a guy, that has a harem, would she be okay with me fucking other girls?" would that then, turn that harem into an NTR? So we just dismiss that these girls will always automatically be okay with it?

In all honesty, these are big words, but even someone like me that doesn't dive into NTR knows that the premise of girls you have in a harem, fucking each other, is definitely not NTR.
You clearly don't understand what a harem is then. It doesn't matter if she's fucking other girls or other guys. A harem is multiple women having a relationship with one man otherwise it's just an open relationship.

Yes, women in a harem can have a complicated relationship and want the MC to themselves but when we refer to NTR we mean it from the player perspective. Harems obviously aren't realistic and nobody claims that they are but people who think "girls have to fuck eachother in a harem because clearly they can't wait their turn!" or some shit are trying to cope with their Lesbian NTR fetish. I don't understand how you can even attempt to argue that your love interests, whom you're in a relationship with, fucking other people doesn't count as NTR or Netorase depending on the context. For some reason you're completely blinded by the gender of the person cucking you. I highly doubt the average lesbian NTR defender would defend men fucking their harem girls "because they really only love the MC she has needs" and "they can't wait their turn" or something.

Zorlond

Jun 15, 2021
You clearly don't understand what a harem is then. It doesn't matter if she's fucking other girls or other guys. A harem is multiple women having a relationship with one man otherwise it's just an open relationship.

Yes, women in a harem can have a complicated relationship and want the MC to themselves but when we refer to NTR we mean it from the player perspective. Harems obviously aren't realistic and nobody claims that they are but people who think "girls have to fuck eachother in a harem because clearly they can't wait their turn!" or some shit are trying to cope with their Lesbian NTR fetish. I don't understand how you can even attempt to argue that your love interests, whom you're in a relationship with, fucking other people doesn't count as NTR or Netorase depending on the context. For some reason you're completely blinded by the gender of the person cucking you. I highly doubt the average lesbian NTR defender would defend men fucking their harem girls "because they really only love the MC she has needs" and "they can't wait their turn" or something.
So, for you, there is absolutely no space for polyamory? True, it's not strictly a harem, but it's not NTR either. To me, NTR requires some malicious intent, an active choice of denial. If a man is with several women at once, and while he is busy with one, two others decide to enjoy each other, what exactly is being denied him? He's only got two hands. In fact, one could easily argue that he is in the act of inflicting NTR on the other women if he is choosing to deny them the right to pleasure each other while he is having sex in front of them.

It just seems your definition of harem is, in itself, inherently NTR.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
So, for you, there is absolutely no space for polyamory? True, it's not strictly a harem, but it's not NTR either. To me, NTR requires some malicious intent, an active choice of denial. If a man is with several women at once, and while he is busy with one, two others decide to enjoy each other, what exactly is being denied him? He's only got two hands. In fact, one could easily argue that he is in the act of inflicting NTR on the other women if he is choosing to deny them the right to pleasure each other while he is having sex in front of them.

It just seems your definition of harem is, in itself, inherently NTR.
It doesn't matter what NTR is to you, what matters is the definition. If he actively permits it then yes it's netorase not NTR but netorase is just a subgenre of NTR. "What is he being denied?" He's being denied romance. If she's willing to fuck others she doesn't really love him and yes I know "but what about the MC he fucks others" yes the love a harem protagonist has for his harem is questionable but harems games are popular because otherwise the developer would be limited the content the player can see so unless the game is designed around you choosing one girl you might be losing a ton of content otherwise.

"one could easily argue that he is in the act of inflicting NTR on the other women if he is choosing to deny them the right to pleasure each other while he is having sex in front of them." Not everyone who enjoys harems wants onlookers during sex scenes. That's basically voyeurism and maybe netorase. Idk how you can argue that not letting girls fuck eachother is NTR when they can just as easily masturbate.

"So, for you, there is absolutely no space for polyamory?" YES lmao. I mean I wouldn't mind playing a poly game but in that instance I'd have to shift my brain into a different gear. Personally I believe polyamory has no romance and is just a big orgy. I can masturbate to that but since harems are several women having monogamous relationships with one guy while not having sex with anyone else I see there being romance there. I know you can argue that "does the MC really love her if he fucks everyone else" but harems are unrealistic by design plus they mainly exist so that players can see all content a game has to offer instead of limiting them to one girl at a time. Harem and Poly are extremely different tags so if a game is tagged as harem it shouldn't have poly content. Maybe when the website gets updated there will be a different tag for poly games so that harem and poly enjoyers don't have to cross paths or get confused by tags.

One last thing to mention is that one of the most important points I've made here is that lesbian NTR enjoyers would probably be against men NTRing them yet nobody who defends lesbian NTR/NTS has tried to counter this point. Everything that can be said in defence of lesbian NTR/NTS can be said about regular NTR/NTS.

Zorlond

Jun 15, 2021
And now I'm reminded of a story written by Terry Pratchett, where a toddler was abducted by the elves and taken to elf-land, where they proceeded to give him everything they thought he could ever want.

He was found later in a room all alone, surrounded on all sides by mountains of candy, screaming his head off endlessly and not eating anything. Because any of the sweets he shoveled into his mouth would not be any of the other candy around him that he also wanted, so he couldn't reach for any of the candy without also not reaching for any of the rest. This mental deficiency paired with the infinite abundance in arm's length completely broke him. And he just sat there, screaming, and enjoying nothing. The elves just gave up and left him in there. The protagonist even commented that it had happened before, and the only known solution was to put a bucket on his head and wait for him to calm down.

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
All I will say to all this is dev keep it up, people on this site take girl on girl within a harem too serious, just ignore them and make the game you set out to make. You will never please everyone here, ever, trust me you could do everything by the "harem" book that people view on here and still do something wrong.

If your views on a perfect harem family have lesbian and futa within a harem then do it, if it does not then don't do it, and if you need a direction then go to the subscribing fans, they are the paying ones afterall. Yep this will get me a facepalm or 10 but you get use to that here.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
All I will say to all this is dev keep it up, people on this site take girl on girl within a harem too serious, just ignore them and make the game you set out to make. You will never please everyone here, ever, trust me you could do everything by the "harem" book that people view on here and still do something wrong.

If your views on a perfect harem family have lesbian and futa within a harem then do it, if it does not then don't do it, and if you need a direction then go to the subscribing fans, they are the paying ones afterall. Yep this will get me a facepalm or 10 but you get use to that here.
It might not be a good idea to design your entire game around what the few early supporters of your game desire. That being said he's already said the content is optional so this conversation is a bit pointless unless the lesbian route leaks into the non-lesbian route.

Reactions: EJW
Dec 7, 2018
For some reason I can't get the textbox to be transparent, neither with the built in ingame option in the preferences nor with the externmal third party mod. Any ideas?

2.60 star(s) 15 Votes