johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
posted

Apologies for delaying these last few Dev talks. It's been an incredibly frustrating/unexciting few weeks. A lot of time was spent on converting to materials to Octane for Alex & Daisy's dorm, followed by a lot of smashing my head against the wall trying to figure out why each render was taking 45m - 1h while still looking so grainy. This took nearly a week itself until I realized that a light emitting geometry (light bulb) inside of a lamp shade destroyed the scene. That was a frustrating lesson. A lot of time was also spent on rewriting large parts of the code to fit Alex/Daisy/Jazmine into the gym schedule. Since a lot of events are tied to the lobby with Daisy included in those renders, I needed to rewrite event triggers and timing to make sense with this new schedule.
Finally, special thanks to the66 for helping me with making the Android port accessible to both AMD and Intel chipsets as well as compatible on a wider range of Android tablets and other devices.
Once again, thank you all for your support. We've hit our second Patreon goal and I've commissioned an artist to work on Sophie. We should have the final result sometime early this week.
Now for the direction of the game going forward. I've decided to stop expanding with new characters and locations. The game is growing faster than I'm able to provide meaningful development for. A lot of time each month is spent on setting up and converting new locations, reworking old code, and moving forward story-lines with new characters and developing new random interactions to fill those new locations. I end up being stretched too thin and the game feels emptier than it should. If this rate keeps up the game will not be completed for another two years.
What I'd like to do is focus on the current locations and story-lines of the characters we already have. I want the current locations to have something to do or see at every hour of the day. I'd like to work on optimizing the current locations to improve render speed and start pumping out more than around 175 renders per update. I apologize if this news may not be what you wanted to hear. I firmly believe that by limiting the scope, I will be able to deliver a much better product moving forward.
There will still be new locations added as the story develops, but these locations will not be accessible via the map. Ideally, we'll have more than two girls receiving updates each month. My target is a bit optimistic but I'd like to complete Personal Trainer by end of 2019.

In the meantime, here's a preview from one of Sophie's upcoming scenes. NSFW WARNING
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I've decided to stop expanding with new characters and locations. The game is growing faster than I'm able to provide meaningful development for
IMO it's great news and a great choice, the main cast was already too big and each update barely involved a quarter to half of it. The distribution of content needs to be balanced, there're characters with barely any content (not talking about the ones recently added) and others with a full arc already completed.

Also needs more Sophie.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
What I'd like to do is focus on the current locations and story-lines of the characters we already have
Good choice! Someone pass these words of wisdom to Chris Roberts. :p

Sooo...it comes down to Sophie, Jenni, Amy, Hikari, and Dani...right?

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Good choice! Someone pass these words of wisdom to Chris Roberts. :p

Sooo...it comes down to Sophie, Jenni, Amy, Hikari, and Dani...right?
Everyone with a portrait in the in-game guide + Jazmine down the road. That puts us at 10 chars, which is still ambitious but half of the originally planned 20.

There will still be plenty of new faces with random interactions. But these are shallow and I don't spend much time customizing them.

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
Everyone with a portrait in the in-game guide + Jazmine down the road. That puts us at 10 chars, which is still ambitious but half of the originally planned 20.

There will still be plenty of new faces with random interactions. But these are shallow and I don't spend much time customizing them.
I think you've made the right decision. You can always add in more characters to expand the game after finishing with the characters you already have. Many developers end up taking too much on and then getting frustrated/bored and don't finish, so maintaining a realistic scope is important IMO.

Jurandirr

Dec 4, 2018
Enjoyed the great game so far, and i rly like the scenes you can do again, few games do that, bit disappointing that we do few things with the cousin, think she is best girl

would like a bit more of anal, and maybe more repeated scenes with Amy in yoga and sauna, since you already did

Need ask if im not doing wrong, Alex is the last girl correct? cause after her its a "?" And i dunno where to find another other, or if i can find another one, like the black and white girl, no content abou then yet right?( but the white girl did get some fun in the room...)

Also, the "football" mom rly got me, there is no content with her and just trash talk in the gym? i feel sad

Dec 29, 2018
Will it be possible to avoid Alex entirely?

If I just never return to Daisy's room, will it bugger up any other character paths? I'm not overly fond of Daisy, so I don't mind missing her content if need be, but I'm a bit worried that plot lines for characters that I do like will be walled off in the future.

I know that we can avoid the second event with Alex, but I really don't want to do anything with her at all, ever. I find her to be annoying, unattractive, and I have no desire to ride the town bike without proper protection. For someone like Alex, that would mean recreating the scene from the Naked Gun movie where they wear the full body condoms.

Mattock

May 27, 2018
(sorry for being late! but I talk about the 0.25-version)
I'm a bit disambiguous with this title, overall it's a well-made world with some freedom and characters to fall in love with.
On the other hand, pretending to be gay as a girl-owning measure is....not what I would have thought of, on first glimpse...
also I'm not too much into "ntr"(Amy)
That aside, I definitely will replay a newer version, if I got the time!

happy playing, greets Mattock

P.S. @Domiek: as said this is about 0.25 and I hope it is already fixed, but that error will fill the stack every day:
in game_locations.rpy
label loc_sophie:
call sophie_work from _call_sophie_work
=>this MUST be: jump sophie_work

Reactions: Domiek

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Will it be possible to avoid Alex entirely?

If I just never return to Daisy's room, will it bugger up any other character paths? I'm not overly fond of Daisy, so I don't mind missing her content if need be, but I'm a bit worried that plot lines for characters that I do like will be walled off in the future.

I know that we can avoid the second event with Alex, but I really don't want to do anything with her at all, ever. I find her to be annoying, unattractive, and I have no desire to ride the town bike without proper protection. For someone like Alex, that would mean recreating the scene from the Naked Gun movie where they wear the full body condoms.
This game is supposed to be silly and fun, not to be taken too seriously. Which is why I think it's kind of odd that I have to point out the following.

Alex gives one BJ to non-MC, and now she's a dirty slut/town-bike that needs to be quarantined. Meanwhile MC fucks everything he can get his hands on and that's ok? Come on guys, our mamas raised us better than that ;)

Was this game written by a 9 years old?
In pursuit of the highest quality writing, I hired the same guy who writes my president's speeches. Hugely talented 9 year old, believe me folks.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
This game is supposed to be silly and fun, not to be taken too seriously. Which is why I think it's kind of odd that I have to point out the following.

Alex gives one BJ to non-MC, and now she's a dirty slut/town-bike that needs to be quarantined. Meanwhile MC fucks everything he can get his hands on and that's ok? Come on guys, our mamas raised us better than that ;)

In pursuit of the highest quality writing, I hired the same guy who writes my president's speeches. Hugely talented 9 year old, believe me folks.
I don't know about these men but my mother raised me not to spread my legs for any man that smiles at me and pretend it's empowering. lol
Didn't she herself say she was a slut or was that daisy? The mc even had the option to call her a slut and then proceeds to bareback her. :oops:

Reactions: exxxe

Jurandirr

Dec 4, 2018
i think the problem is the scene when implies that MC was going to suck de dong, s myself and maybe many people don't have problem with her fucking the town( cause she is a bitch...), but one dong in the room is the my rule unless the other is from a trap, who make things better

Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
i think the problem is the scene when implies that MC was going to suck de dong, s myself and maybe many people don't have problem with her fucking the town( cause she is a bitch...), but one dong in the room is the my rule unless the other is from a trap, who make things better
Hey, your opinion is totally fine. It's ok to say "that's not my thing" and be done with it. I'm not a fan of more than one dick in a room either. But some (not you) being outraged that a woman showing some agency is somehow a lesser human is just plain silly.

3.90 star(s) 169 Votes