HalGLC

May 12, 2017
Did the author quickly conclude, why did he lose interest in the work?
It's not a case of losing interest, if I remember correctly this was more or less just a test game to begin with, a game to put together to make sure they got the mechanics down and knew what they were doing. It was never meant to be their main project and now that they're satisfied they basically quickly tied a bow on it and moved on to their main project

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Nothing has been publicly announced or shown yet afaik. Not too surprising. New project often need to lay some groundwork first.

Reactions: Domiek

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Nothing has been publicly announced or shown yet afaik. Not too surprising. New project often need to lay some groundwork first.
Spot on. Aside from laying down the groundwork, the last 2 months alone was spent on working out custom painted skin textures and shader, particle hair from scratch, creating/texturing/simulating clothes to look realistic. I wanted to spend the extra time to make the character visuals as best as I can. Patrons & Discord members have been seeing the WIP and the trial & errors thus far.

I'm now in the process of making the first public promo material that will be a sneak peak at what the game is about as well as introducing the first character. Hopefully any major production hiccups will be discovered and ironed out during this step 1fps at a time. You guys should expect to see a public post on Patreon within the week barring no disasters.

1618572406901.png

Prior post minus the WIP preview.

1618572939315.png

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
i'm glad to hear that there is a new work in progress, this one has been a lot of fun for me and i'm looking forward to playing the next one.

But I was hoping that sooner or later the other girls in this game would also be given a real ending.... :(

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Me2 especially Mayan
Mayan's story shouldn't be completed, it should be developed, we've just arrived at the presentation of the character... :(

If you want, the other plots can also be considered complete, it's not certain that with each of them you have to crown a "love" dream.

Does the main character have a face?
:unsure: Yes, and you can also see it quite often

Reactions: Lachesis580

K18

Apr 19, 2018

In a Scent - Game Reveal
I'm excited to finally reveal the next project, In a Scent. Personal Trainer was the first project casting a wide net to learn as much as possible about game development. There were a lot of lessons learned not only about developing the game but my own personal preferences. In a Scent will be taking a much more focused approach. The character cast as well as the overall scope of the project will be smaller, allowing more breathing room to dive into character development with a focus on story telling.

TLDR: In a Scent will approach story telling as a mix of standard Visual Novel and the typical Hollywood comedy screenplay. The story revolves around corruption, romance, and the pursuit of happiness.

The environments were created with the story in mind and went through many carefully thought out iterations.

I'm happy to introduce the first member of our cast, college-bound Astraea "Raya".

Some things to keep in mind regarding the Visual Novel format is reading fatigue. I often find myself skipping text when playing these types of games. I normally enjoy reading but many times it feels like there's just too much information being dumped on the player all at once. This is something I've taken into consideration while structuring the story and how to deliver information to the player in more ways than just text. I'm really pleased in how I've tackled it so far and will be looking forward to hearing your feedback.
With the groundworks laid out as well as the character pipeline finalized, development has shifted from R&D to production. Over the coming weeks I'll be introducing the rest of the cast. A trailer will be released as we get closer to finalizing the first chapter. No release dates or timelines will be announced until the project is in the hands of testers.

I hope you're all as excited as I am for this project. It's gonna be a banger.

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
Has anyone else had problems clicking the times in the game as they don't work for me on the Android version? It could be because the buttons are so small due to it being android.

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
Android port of
Personal Trainer [v1.0]
Download:MEGA
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All my ports now have textbox opacity slider and text size slider which can be found in preferences.You can also change your name anytime mid-game using Change MC Name button found in menu.
Consider supporting me on my or you can also join my for more android ports and mods.
Could you do something about the time UI buttons as they are too small and won't respond when trying to press them please?

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Could you do something about the time UI buttons as they are too small and won't respond when trying to press them please?
My guess is probably not as the game is finished, but maybe he can keep that in mind for his next game as the first ones are mostly just a first try to get a feeling for how things work.

Zoonma

Apr 13, 2019
So the game is abandoned then. Meh, oh well. It would have been far better to have had less characters and have a complete route for them to have a real ending then to just give it up. At lest we know its not another game in limbo and we can delete the game, that much is appreciated at lest in knowing this games fate.

3.90 star(s) 173 Votes