Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Game Type :::: Android

Really hard to see the text... Some of them cant even see coz of white texture.

View attachment 233225
Sorry about that. That's from the initial android port, a fixed version was posted on patreon soon after but i guess no one leaked it here. I'll send you the fixed one in a dm.

Edit:

Rb.Elliot

May 16, 2018
Sorry about that. That's from the initial android port, a fixed version was posted on patreon soon after but i guess no one leaked it here. I'll send you the fixed one in a dm.

Edit:
Thanks a lot :)

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
Hmm, I know this is playing with fire, but I can't help but think about how Sophie would react if the MC's ex tracked him down. I'm sure Sophie would likely start a cat fight, but would she just be righting a wrong that was committed against her cousin, or would she unabashedly lay claim to "her man"? *Sigh* These are the things I tend to think about when I get bored :)

Reactions: Domiek

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
This game really needs a walkthrough. Saw the in-game tutorial and closed down the game immediately lol

There has got to be a better tag for these types of games so I don't waste my time downloading it. Like maybe get ready to do a whole shit load of meaningless clicking :ROFLMAO:

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
This game really needs a walkthrough. Saw the in-game tutorial and closed down the game immediately lol

There has got to be a better tag for these types of games so I don't waste my time downloading it. Like maybe get ready to do a whole shit load of meaningless clicking :ROFLMAO:
I'm pretty confused by your response. What part of the tutorial gave you a bad impression? You ask for a walkthrough but the tutorial addresses exactly that. There is no meaningless clicking, stats or grinding. It's essentially a VN with a map and time/days.

The only difference between the walkthrough and the in-game guide would be wording. Rather than saying "Go to the kitchen at 7am to talk to Sophie" the guide will say "i should talk to Sophie over breakfast".

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I'm pretty confused by your response. What part of the tutorial gave you a bad impression? You ask for a walkthrough but the tutorial addresses exactly that. There is no meaningless clicking, stats or grinding. It's essentially a VN with a map and time/days.

The only difference between the walkthrough and the in-game guide would be wording. Rather than saying "Go to the kitchen at 7am to talk to Sophie" the guide will say "i should talk to Sophie over breakfast".
Meaningless clicking like a "map" click on this location then click on the room in this location the click on the time to get to the desired time stuff like that is just tedious imho. And it even says in the tutorial there is hidden events not in the in-game guide so I can only assume I need to randomly "click" a whole bunch of stuff to get these events...

I guess what I mean is I feel like im working not enjoying a "Visual Novel"

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
For me tedious is visiting cluelessly the same location at different hours / days of the week, hoping to trigger a new event and move the plot forward.
Blessed be the in-game hints in PT.

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
For me tedious is visiting cluelessly the same location at different hours / days of the week, hoping to trigger a new event and move the plot forward.
Blessed be the in-game hints in PT.
Also tedious is people taking snippets from a post and not reading the whole thing. I was referring to non-story events the tutorial says will not show up in the in-game guide... So how do you suppose I trigger these events? I know! I will use my telephathic powers and just "know" the where and when... ffs

This is why I said a guide would helpful...

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Meaningless clicking like a "map" click on this location then click on the room in this location the click on the time to get to the desired time stuff like that is just tedious imho. And it even says in the tutorial there is hidden events not in the in-game guide so I can only assume I need to randomly "click" a whole bunch of stuff to get these events...

I guess what I mean is I feel like im working not enjoying a "Visual Novel"
It's fair for you to not enjoy that, it's your preference and no one can argue otherwise. However you requested a walkthrough but that still doesn't change the fact that you still have to click, so I'm confused.

I know you turned off the game before even getting a chance to play, which is fine. Maybe you got flashbacks to the grindfest of Big Brother and decided it's not worth it. The reason I'm engaging in this conversation is because I take pride in my effort to minimize and remove any grind or gating of content with tedious mechanics. However there's not much i can do with a comment that states that clicking a location is tedious since I have no solution for this, and no solution is offered. I have no idea how it would be possible to make a sandbox game with multiple optional storylines without requiring a mouseclick. If anyone knows, please inform me.

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
It's fair for you to not enjoy that, it's your preference and no one can argue otherwise. However you requested a walkthrough but that still doesn't change the fact that you still have to click, so I'm confused.

I know you turned off the game before even getting a chance to play, which is fine. Maybe you got flashbacks to the grindfest of Big Brother and decided it's not worth it. The reason I'm engaging in this conversation is because I take pride in my effort to minimize and remove any grind or gating of content with tedious mechanics. However there's not much i can do with a comment that states that clicking a location is tedious since I have no solution for this, and no solution is offered. I have no idea how it would be possible to make a sandbox game with multiple optional storylines without requiring a mouseclick. If anyone knows, please inform me.
I see your point of view and its your game. I was simply asking for as you said a "sandbox" tag added.

Never played Big Brother, and I guess games like Milfy City and Man of the House have just burned me out on sandbox games, both have guides btw ;)

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Have I quoted you? Can you read? I was thinking of other games that I cannot mention here because of forum rules.
Quotes aren't always needed champ to know who your posts are directed at. Im not trying to start a fight just stated my opinions on a forum to state opinions I think.

3.90 star(s) 173 Votes