Aloryn

Aug 13, 2019
Do something lol
Are you doing tasks teach gives you? usually when game stops, you're not doing tasks, or not dressing up propery. So you need to them for a few days straight. Without penalties.

Anyway... Daring 5 may take long to be raised, final stage being Going in School Dress to School

Last edited:

kood

Jan 28, 2018
Not for the latest version of the game, but the previous version (1.3000). Just download the html and use the images folder from the normal version of the game:
I ran into some bugs early on where I can't get the first lip size increase teacher punishment to trigger.
Also, the scenes for checkups at the salon are still missing.

Kalambeln

Aug 28, 2017
Is it just my imagination, or is the cheerleading substory becoming the main plotline of the game?

Is that just what the future of the game is?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: freyagirlz

Aloryn

Aug 13, 2019
Is it just my imagination, or is the cheerleading substory becoming the main plotline of the game?

Is that just what the future of the game is?
Nope, but it's probably the only one they can safely work on before ditching Patreon.

You can see plans here:
Dunno how up to date they are, but there's shitload of Cheer content to come unfortunately, if above is anything to go by, they're not even half done...
I wonder if anyone actually likes Cheer content -_-

I like cheer friend, but everything else...

Maybe it's confirmation bias, or maybe negative section is more vocal, but I don't know if I ever saw someone praising/liking it. Only some of the characters.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Nope, but it's probably the only one they can safely work on before ditching Patreon.

You can see plans here:
Dunno how up to date they are, but there's shitload of Cheer content to come unfortunately, if above is anything to go by, they're not even half done...

Maybe it's confirmation bias, or maybe negative section is more vocal, but I don't know if I ever saw someone praising/liking it. Only some of the characters.
I like it, but not enough to accept that its the only thing getting updates and that the one scene a month (or 3 months and counting now) is worth it.

LandBeach

Jun 3, 2019

You can see plans here:

I like it but the updates are still small. All content is being drip fed which blows.

May 31, 2019

You can see plans here:

The Trello page has been out of date for a few years now. It's no longer maintained or represents the content as it is in game. So it's pretty useless as a metric for where the game currently is at. Best to just look in the Discord or ask there.

As for the Cheer stuff... It's been a good while since I've played, but I liked it for what it was. Definitely an avenue for a more bitchy type character (Ashley... I think) that can degrade the MC, which I'm all for. Actually participating in practice to get better at cheerleading I could care less about, but most of the scenes there are alright once they do get hot and heavy.

I do think it's like you said though, where it's a part of the game that they can write without Patreon breathing down their neck. As for the drip-feed, I don't think it's a cynical ploy to get a bunch of money. The main writer is probably burnt the fuck out. From what I understand, they never wanted to be in charge of the game, but was kind of thrust into that role. Now they're kind of stuck, probably between being burnt out and not wanting to continue working on the game, and a moral obligation to put out something since people are paying for it.

I think there's definitely something to be said about hindsight and what they should have done or should do, and I do wish the game wasn't on life-support. But at the end of the day, it is what it is. Nothing anyone here says or does will suddenly make someone get their drive again.

May 31, 2019
The game is still getting 2000 monthly from patreon and probably a few hundred from SS. New people must be just discovering it still. Sounds like the main writer and inspiration left in 2019 from an illness.
The main people involved with PE at the start was April Ryan and Bobbob (I think I'm spelling that right). After a while the game went on hiatus, and a new team took over with blessing of both.

X was the primary writer, and Saorisa (again, I think I'm spelling that right), was mainly managing the project and being the front-facing entity. I don't believe they had a hand in writing much of anything, just keeping people on track.

After a while, Saorisa left, either due to illness or some other issue, and X took over both writing and managing the project. Since then there's been a few others contributing to the project, like Sashka (the main writer for Secretary) when they have down time, BrittneyD (who I think was also contributing during the time Saorisa was managing), and Moonhead (the dude who wrote and coded the ABDL mod).

I think of the group, Moonhead is the only one of them with decent coding experience so he's been in charge of the heavy lifting and stuff, as well as implementing his mod into the game. Which is why lately things have had a heavy emphasis on ABDL (ugh) when it's not cheer stuff. The other writers know a bit about working in Twine so they're not fighting the engine to do what they need, but they're not exactly stressing the capabilities of the engine either.

The main writer, X, has been pretty burnt out lately (according to discord), and since he's managing the project as well as writing a lot of it, when he's out of it there's not really any kind of "acting manager" to keep things progressing smoothly. Which is why you get these doldrums of content or just crumbs of it. And when you do get content, it's not really new features so much as just basic Twine passages.

What I think the game really needs is someone to step up and get people in gear, and be a dedicated manager. I also think they need some decent Twine coders to really shape the game up, and add new features instead of basic Twine passages with an image on the side.
If X is truly done with the game and doesn't want to work on it anymore, that's totally his decision to make and it's perfectly reasonable. Dude was thrust into a leadership position but still tried his best. Without him, the game definitely would have been dead in 2018. I don't think the game is in that good a place now, but it's better than the alternative. It just really needs some new blood to revitalize it.

I know you didn't really ask for a history lesson. But I guess I've been invested in the game long enough to give one (despite not playing it for almost 2 years now). So take it less as a direct comment to you, and more something for the thread at large.

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
The main people involved with PE at the start was April Ryan and Bobbob (I think I'm spelling that right). After a while the game went on hiatus, and a new team took over with blessing of both.

X was the primary writer, and Saorisa (again, I think I'm spelling that right), was mainly managing the project and being the front-facing entity. I don't believe they had a hand in writing much of anything, just keeping people on track.

After a while, Saorisa left, either due to illness or some other issue, and X took over both writing and managing the project. Since then there's been a few others contributing to the project, like Sashka (the main writer for Secretary) when they have down time, BrittneyD (who I think was also contributing during the time Saorisa was managing), and Moonhead (the dude who wrote and coded the ABDL mod).

I think of the group, Moonhead is the only one of them with decent coding experience so he's been in charge of the heavy lifting and stuff, as well as implementing his mod into the game. Which is why lately things have had a heavy emphasis on ABDL (ugh) when it's not cheer stuff. The other writers know a bit about working in Twine so they're not fighting the engine to do what they need, but they're not exactly stressing the capabilities of the engine either.

The main writer, X, has been pretty burnt out lately (according to discord), and since he's managing the project as well as writing a lot of it, when he's out of it there's not really any kind of "acting manager" to keep things progressing smoothly. Which is why you get these doldrums of content or just crumbs of it. And when you do get content, it's not really new features so much as just basic Twine passages.

What I think the game really needs is someone to step up and get people in gear, and be a dedicated manager. I also think they need some decent Twine coders to really shape the game up, and add new features instead of basic Twine passages with an image on the side.
If X is truly done with the game and doesn't want to work on it anymore, that's totally his decision to make and it's perfectly reasonable. Dude was thrust into a leadership position but still tried his best. Without him, the game definitely would have been dead in 2018. I don't think the game is in that good a place now, but it's better than the alternative. It just really needs some new blood to revitalize it.

I know you didn't really ask for a history lesson. But I guess I've been invested in the game long enough to give one (despite not playing it for almost 2 years now). So take it less as a direct comment to you, and more something for the thread at large.
This is a good take, though there are certainly other devs involved, not just me, with good experience and skills. I think like everyone contributing to this game, people can't afford to put in a huge amount, you can build some fancy new system to handle inventory or what not, but the amount you'll get paid for it is like 1/100 of what you would get paid freelancing for real development roles, it's really a passion project for everyone involved, the money is just a nice bit of cream on top.

You are spot on with needing someone to take over management of the game, there's still a lot of community support out there for it (as you can tell by the patreon and subscriber star money coming in still). All it will take is someone to get the time to dedicate and build out a team to deliver their vision.

May 31, 2019
This is a good take, though there are certainly other devs involved, not just me, with good experience and skills. I think like everyone contributing to this game, people can't afford to put in a huge amount, you can build some fancy new system to handle inventory or what not, but the amount you'll get paid for it is like 1/100 of what you would get paid freelancing for real development roles, it's really a passion project for everyone involved, the money is just a nice bit of cream on top.

You are spot on with needing someone to take over management of the game, there's still a lot of community support out there for it (as you can tell by the patreon and subscriber star money coming in still). All it will take is someone to get the time to dedicate and build out a team to deliver their vision.
Yeah I get where yer comin from. Some of my info was definitely wrong, especially on the developer side, simply because I haven't been following the game as closely these past few years. So I wasn't too sure about who's come and gone, or who's able to do what. Hopefully some of what I said wasn't taken too negatively.

As for the whole "new features" thing, I was more using that as an example. Personally, I don't think the game really needs reworks to existing systems unless they were fundamentally broken (I didn't think the clothes needed reworked either), but I do think a lot of the new passages lack a lot of polish in terms of presentation. Some of them just feel a bit out of place in terms of visual consistency with older parts of the game. Though admittedly it has been a good while since I've played.
I think "new features" isn't quite the right wording, and moreso just a bit more variety would go a long way. Something that would offset the changed/missing content in a meaningful way.
I get that it's more or less a passion project so it's kind of privy to the time-investment people want to put forth for it though.

I feel like finding someone to take up that leadership role would be a hard thing to do though. Especially with how long you all have been working this way. Might be hard to have someone come in and shake things up, even more so if they're not someone with intimate knowledge of the game or someone who's part of the game's community/ecosystem. It's definitely a weird one to be sure. Can't exactly ask someone to take up the mantle, and it's not like you've got many people applying for the role or with the skills to manage.
Kind of a chicken and the egg type deal.

freyagirlz

Jul 22, 2021
Easy way to fix this game from a content perspective. Focus on Perversion/Daring 1-10.
The mother/babysitter, the teacher, the therapist, the bully and the coach are the only characters in the game remove everyone else and focus on the dynamic of these characters. They are the core of the game they shouldn't be that difficult to work with the scale and size of the game would be manageable then.

After you get that done, use the game as a template for other games. If those games are successful integrate it into the base product. Pretty much means you're just repeating the process over and over so instead of it feeling like you're climbing a mountain you're just climbing some hills but there's a lot of them. Its that constant renewal that will push you and it keeps the work fresh, there's nothing worse than looking at the work you're doing and resenting it. We've all been there this is nothing new. Big projects suck the life out of you.

Developers need a constant feedback loop of small successes otherwise they feel like shit it happens. This is why you need to control the scope. If the game can be broken down into smaller modular components its easier to work with.

I should say I don't resent the freelancers, its not your fault you're just paid to do the work, its the person paying you who's at fault. At least you got paid. I've seen projects where the developers weren't so fortunate.

And as I said on TFGS using collaborative tools would probably help the most with team work. Twine is notorious for being difficult to work with collaboratively since it has poor asset management tools. Rags was worse though I don't know how anyone made anything with that.

Last edited:

freyagirlz

Jul 22, 2021
After having looked at the discord, ~X~ is 100% to blame for the railroading of the cheerleader content. The whole "True ending" by stopping the teacher thing is just such a god awful dreadful idea that would ruin the entire game.

Then the suggestion forced fem would be an afterthought when it was core to the game makes me think the patreon purge was as I had always suggested nothing more than a convenient front to change the game to ~X~'s own preferences. No one should have seen forced fem as an afterthought it was core to the entire game.

Brittany working on ABDL is also a bit ridiculous. Moon implemented it in a way that didn't remove resources from development of the core product which is why it was successful, Brittany however is removing resources from the core game and diverting them into yet another tangent.

Simply the team should have been concentraiting their efforts on core features and not just willy nilly developing what ever they fancied that week. Nothing gets done when you do that and at worst on a deadline content gets rushed hence the cake update.

Reactions: Jtfrtf and moonhead

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
Easy way to fix this game from a content perspective. Focus on Perversion/Daring 1-10.
The mother/babysitter, the teacher, the therapist, the bully and the coach are the only characters in the game remove everyone else and focus on the dynamic of these characters. They are the core of the game they shouldn't be that difficult to work with the scale and size of the game would be manageable then.

After you get that done, use the game as a template for other games. If those games are successful integrate it into the base product. Pretty much means you're just repeating the process over and over so instead of it feeling like you're climbing a mountain you're just climbing some hills but there's a lot of them. Its that constant renewal that will push you and it keeps the work fresh, there's nothing worse than looking at the work you're doing and resenting it. We've all been there this is nothing new. Big projects suck the life out of you.

Developers need a constant feedback loop of small successes otherwise they feel like shit it happens. This is why you need to control the scope. If the game can be broken down into smaller modular components its easier to work with.

I should say I don't resent the freelancers, its not your fault you're just paid to do the work, its the person paying you who's at fault. At least you got paid. I've seen projects where the developers weren't so fortunate.

And as I said on TFGS using collaborative tools would probably help the most with team work. Twine is notorious for being difficult to work with collaboratively since it has poor asset management tools. Rags was worse though I don't know how anyone made anything with that.
You forgot three characters, the friend. The cheerleader friend and the cheerleader bully. The friends don't really have any notable content, but the cheerleader bully (forget her name) actually has one of her endings completed.

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
After having looked at the discord, ~X~ is 100% to blame for the railroading of the cheerleader content. The whole "True ending" by stopping the teacher thing is just such a god awful dreadful idea that would ruin the entire game.

Then the suggestion forced fem would be an afterthought when it was core to the game makes me think the patreon purge was as I had always suggested nothing more than a convenient front to change the game to ~X~'s own preferences. No one should have seen forced fem as an afterthought it was core to the entire game.

Brittany working on ABDL is also a bit ridiculous. Moon implemented it in a way that didn't remove resources from development of the core product which is why it was successful, Brittany however is removing resources from the core game and diverting them into yet another tangent.

Simply the team should have been concentraiting their efforts on core features and not just willy nilly developing what ever they fancied that week. Nothing gets done when you do that and at worst on a deadline content gets rushed hence the cake update.
Nah I disagree. Revenge fantasies are pretty popular. Especially in dystopian settings where there is no justice. Secetary also had a revenge route and it was the most satisfying ending to finally get revenge on Ms Antlers, I would of continued to play had the revenge ending not been considered a "bad end" but for me it was by far the best.

I mean, these forced fem games often speak of masculinity as being toxic, dangerous and powerful, but the MC is often meek and effeminate. That's why it's always such a rush when you have a route to rebel, get revenge and break the chains to unleash the beast on all those who wronged and abused you. It's a rush, a power fantasy and revenge plot, all in one. It's a high that keeps me coming back for more on these games, waiting and anticipating the moment you finally make the wicked pay for their sins against you.

I'd be really disappointed if they abandons the "True Ending" where you finally get revenge. Revenge is just so satisfying.

Last edited:

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016

I had some plans for ABDL content in the core game path, not off on a tangent (eg, friend or cheerleader route), but I never really took it too far because of the amount of work needed to implement something early in the game. You need to re-visit so many other later game passages and possibilities, it's a mammoth task. I think it needs to be focused now on late game content, and actually implementing endings. Putting back the non-con & incest stuff is essential as well, but that should be easier to do, if someone has the will to pull the Patreon plug.

I agree ~X~ is the main driver for the direction of the game, I don't think it's fair to say they're to "blame". Someone needs to provide direction, you can't have 10 people doing 10 different things, you'll never get anything finished (there was a time where the development was like that, and it got very messy). The direction does also come down to who you are working with, the reason the ABDL content is the way it is, is because the person writing it had that creative idea, same thing applies with the cheerleader content, if that's where the writer's creative mind is, that's what you'll get, you can't say "you need to write and ending" if they don't have any ideas for it, they either won't do it at all, or deliver something substandard.

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
Yeah I get where yer comin from. Some of my info was definitely wrong, especially on the developer side, simply because I haven't been following the game as closely these past few years. So I wasn't too sure about who's come and gone, or who's able to do what. Hopefully some of what I said wasn't taken too negatively.
All good, not taken negatively, just wanted to make sure we recognised the other people working on the game, some people were 100% behind the scenes, their contributions should be acknowledged.

freyagirlz

Jul 22, 2021
I'd be really disappointed if they abandons the "True Ending" where you finally get revenge. Revenge is just so satisfying.
Except the cheerleader ending wasn't revenge, it was you just replacing the slut ending with a cheerleader path all the same.

I do agree having a resist path is very important to the fetish and I was a major advocate for it in my communication with ~X~ in 2019 who gave me a frankly absolutely absurd PR response which at the time I fell for. This is why I'm so pissed off because the leader developer lied to me directly. My feeling though is that the whole team is still to blame for not calling ~X~ out. The community has been a massive hugbox surrounding this game, specifically the patrons who defend a lot of bad decisions. Yeah its drama but lets face it this games development has been nothing but. You can't have team cohesion when the non-paying customers hate your product and are vocal about it.

I also agree that Secretary handled it well, though as I've said with that game, there isn't presently a workable resist path. The game badly needs it there as well because frankly the later sections of secretary are quite grindy and slow. I've said in my reviews of Secretary that it feels like the game is for the most part nearing completion but there is a risk of falling into PE's trap of trying to keep the golden goose going with tangents.

Secretary will be successful if they can get the finale working where we find out what the entire point of the training was for. Something PE completely forgot about, I mean ok the Marriage to the Coach thing was an interesting idea but how exactly does that benefit the teacher or the mother? The entire point of these games is that its about conspiracy against the player character, as the game progresses the moving parts start collaborating to make the player character's life hell. Secretary does it well, PE had the systems in place but beyond the mother and the teacher talking with each other one time there's no real connection at all between the characters.

Secretary however there is, Ms Antlers exists in a corporate hierarchy, the other characters can either help you or go against you and overall it works well. The biggest problem with both games is the big picture, how does this conspiracy benefit the people involved in it? What are they getting out of it? Secretary its implied Antler's wants to climb the corporate ladder so it makes sense but when she gets what she wants what then? The same with the Teacher in PE when the player character is transformed how then does the Teacher in PE get what she wants from that? Surely its not just a kink thing.

I don't think Secretary is a perfect game, but it clearly has a team that knows what they're doing and can justify the use of money to finance the end product. I just hope it stays that way.

You forgot three characters, the friend. The cheerleader friend and the cheerleader bully. The friends don't really have any notable content, but the cheerleader bully (forget her name) actually has one of her endings completed.
These are not core characters though and the reason why their content was complete is because ~X~ was entirely focused on it and threw every resource at it. None of these characters are important to the initial story which is the relationship between the player character, the guardian and the teacher. The therapist becomes a character because its tied to the guardian. The player character's best friend is not a core character and presently are treated as a bypass which is stupid when the old punishment system served that function anyway and I complained about it being removed multiple times.

Yeah I've got an axe to grind this game was one of my most favorites on TFGS when April was running it just like Cursed was as well before the final update that absolutely ruined it to the point where its unplayable now. I'm sick of it happening because these games take so long to make and its very disappointing none of them see completion. I'd say there wouldn't even be a TFGS if in development and canceled games weren't allowed on that site given how few actually see completion.

Reactions: Troqu and ItzSpc
3.60 star(s) 41 Votes