q87g

Oct 4, 2017
Updates, new lead:

Hi all,

An important update on the game.

April has been in touch and has indicated that she'll be able to continue working on Perverted Education as much as she's able, allowing for her personal life.

During the past couple of months, the rest of the development team has been working hard and planning how to keep the project moving forward. I'd like to introduce Saoirsa, who has been pivotal in setting up a number of online tools for the team to help us better collaborate, and provide transparency to the players who want to track progress and participate in future development.

Hi Everybody,
To introduce myself, I’m Saoirsa, and for a while I’ve been one of the writers and artists working on PE behind the scenes. Like many here, I‘m sad that April’s life situation has lately kept her from being the heart and soul she’s been to this project over the last few years. I think anyone who’s on TFGS probably knows exactly what a big deal privacy can be, so it’s best if I just offer words of respect, sympathy and support as April has put her personal life first recently.

Fortunately, April isn’t alone in wanting the project to keep going. Although the game isn’t finished yet, I hope the passion that’s gone into PE is easy to spot. I think this game is special – it’s addictive, sexy, ambitious and immersive – despite its acknowledged flaws and content gaps. To all who stayed with us as we regrouped, thank you so much!

We still have lots of plans and work ahead of us, so I’ll be picking up where April left off as project lead, with BobBob’s support. April will be continuing as a team member, to give her more flexibility to handle things on the home front, but still contribute her expertise and abilities.

Now, as to the question, “is PE dead?” the answer is definitely “No!” That said, everyone is probably wondering what the next step looks like. We’re still working on our exact plans for the future, but we’re committed to making the right steps forward!

The first thing thing I want to make better is communication, so I’ll do my best to offer as much info as I can. For that, BobBob and I have set up some project sites to make our plans and progress going forward open to everyone interested. You’ll find the links in my signature. For most players, the Trello site is going to be your new favorite place to go, because it’s now the “big board” for all of our deviant plotting and scheming. You’ll also find my communication schedule there, on the sticky column. That’s when I’ll be posting and replying to you fabulous people going forward.

The first big thing I want to share is that we are going to host a Creative Meeting on Discord for current and potential creative team members, to go over and commit our project plan to writing. This will help us set a firm path for facing the long, hard road ahead!

Anyone with serious interest (and skill) to join or rejoin our creative team as a coder, artist or writer is invited to apply. Right now, we’re *not* looking for “idea guys” on the creative team. However, we do *love* every last person out there with enthusiasm for PE! So, we hope you’ll keep giving us suggestions, comments, and support here on the forums and in our Discord channel for them. If we see something we like, we might just steal it for the game.

Please PM me if you’re interested in helping us out, so we can talk one-on-one. Once I know who is planning to come, I’ll post the date and time for the Creative Meeting here and on Discord. After all, many hands makes light work… and usually, a much more interesting evening, too.

I know this post is getting long, but I have one more thing to bring up: We are refocusing the use of our Patreon funds. Any funds we receive from this point forward will be used to commission art, code, and writing and pay other expenses. This will also be done in a more open fashion - what we use it for will be accounted for on a specific Discord channel so anyone interested can see.

One of our first orders of business internally will be to decide on commission rates for content, and these will be applied equally to established team members or prospective contributors and third parties alike, with some variation for the skill level of the contributor. These rates will be published in our contributor guide once that is completed. Expect to see some updates to the Patreon page as well in the near future.

Well, I’m gonna spend a bunch of time responding to any burning questions out there. It’s best to post on TFGS for now so everyone can see the answers, but you’re all welcome to come over to the Discord server to chat as well.

Kisses – Saoirsa
Overview on development:

Canan

Jul 18, 2018
A great update from Saoirsa on tfgamesite:

Hello, everyone!

I hope you're having a fantastic day!

I am pleased to announce we're on schedule for our next release in the first week of September, looming within the next fortnight already! While some release tasks still need doing, the new version is already being play-tested to make sure the things our coders have worked so hard on are working as they should.

Several new features and more content are now progressing as well, though they are likely going to arrive in the next couple of versions. Look for details on soon after we're done with this release.

Things in the works:
Spoiler:
- Back by popular demand, the Friend storyline is being actively expanded again. I'm only going to tease this one for now, since the story arc has not been totally finalized, but I will say we'll be seeing Friend's relationship with PC heading into all-new territory.
- The long-promised Club and Cheerleading arcs are moving over to code, and new material is also in draft for both.
- Also, and not least, our Creative Call will soon extend the arcs of the big three NPCs - Guardian, Teacher and Therapist. Our hero will surely be in for it.
- We are looking at several new code features to improve gameplay, including changes to communications and travel. This is an area where we can tidy up the way certain parts of the interface work, and we are hoping to introduce some new shiny bits to solve some gameplay limitations.
Creative Call:
Spoiler:
The Creative Call, in which we'll be sorting out the details of the full story outline, has been set for Thu-Sat at the end of this month. Since our dev team are in different time zones all around the world, getting everyone together at once is a little challenging, but we'll be working on our Discord channels in blocks.
To address Patreon:
As of now, we are sorting out issues stemming from Patreon's new adult content policies. We'd planned to launch our new Patreon site along with the reorganization, but were held back by an unexpected review process and other details interfering with our page content, which Patreon has been slow to help us resolve. That transition will occur (hopefully) soon, and I'll follow up with an announcement here. In the meantime, I must apologize for being unable to communicate via Patreon. This is no reflection of the value we place on our amazing Patrons - your subscriptions have already helped us commission new content.

Thanks to all for your support and enthusiasm through our transition, and a very special thanks to those who have contributed to our project!

I'll have more news soon, and welcome one and all to join us on our Discord server.

XOXO,
Saoirsa

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
CHANGELOG FOR VERSION 0.7900:

Major Update: PE has been refactored from prior releases, shifting to a Tweego base since its move to GitHub. This took a lot of time, but it comes with numerous advantages:

- Switching to newer versions (post 0.7900) shouldn’t require export/import.

- The source is far easier to read and work with. This is important given the addition of more dev team members to help us expand the game.

- The game’s structure is much easier to organize and expand upon. Several people can now work on different parts of the game without interfering with each others’ work.

- Huge amounts of code optimization (body mods using variables instead of items and so on). While the player may not see the advantages this work provides immediately, several features requested in the past for clothing, items, events and other areas of the game just became technically possible to add.

Feature/Content Updates:

- Major content expansion: The Club is now open! A series of teacher tasks will lead the player character there on some kinky misadventures, and lots more content is available during regular visits. A huge amount of content is now ready to play, and more is coming up in the next release.

- The way traveling between locations is handled has been redone, with some user interface improvements. Reorganizing how this works opens the door to a lot more flexibility in where the player character can travel and in handling the passage of time, including the future addition of travel scenes and encounters.
- The sleep passage has been reworked, making it less annoying. This change will also allow us to add interactive dreams, allowing player to choose actions during dream sequences. This should be a fun feature to use, since just about anything can happen while we’re dreaming.
- Numerous bugs were fixed (along with longstanding problem with Teacher punishments).

They also changed the naming scheme for items, included an updated pack of the stripper heels I use to replace the crappy recolours of 1-3.

Reactions: Tranzet

jmueller

Sep 25, 2017
These latest (0.79/0.7901) builds are running very slowly for me on two browsers, also something seems broken with the clothing images. Takes at least 1-2 seconds to move between pages, ~5 seconds to save. Weird. New content at least though.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
here is the last version : 0.7901

3.60 star(s) 41 Votes