DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
To be fair the game has tons of content and they’ve done so much already, at this point it is just polishing the game up. I’m not that disappointed about the gap between updates.
There may be a lot of content already, but there's still plenty of new content that they were planning on adding. If you look at their Trello board, they're clearly not "just polishing."

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
Oh, yeah, development time sucks. I tried reaching out to one of the devs that's active on Discord and they just ignored me. Thought you were talking about play time, not development time.
Which dev? Cause both April and Bobbob aren't active on discord since Sariosa's life stopped her from being involved in development. At this point I think a substitution for Sariosa is in order, since none of the remaining devs seem willing/able to fill those shoes. Anybody wanna volunteer themselves over on their Discord?

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
Which dev? Cause both April and Bobbob aren't active on discord since Sariosa's life stopped her from being involved in development. At this point I think a substitution for Sariosa is in order, since none of the remaining devs seem willing/able to fill those shoes. Anybody wanna volunteer themselves over on their Discord?
I sent a message to -X- but he never responded. He's also the one that posted ""Best I can say is development is continuing, but slowly. We apologize for the delay and hope things are working smoothly again soon." in Discord a few weeks ago.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
I sent a message to -X- but he never responded. He's also the one that posted ""Best I can say is development is continuing, but slowly. We apologize for the delay and hope things are working smoothly again soon." in Discord a few weeks ago.
Yeah I feel sorry for ~X~ and BritneyD. I can see they want to help keep us informed but no one will tell them anything useful.

Reactions: DrFog

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
-X- just got back to me and said this:

"Hey. I'm just a contract writer on the game, so I'm not privy to all the info (for instance, april tends to be much more vocal with some of the older team members). That said, what I know is that I would call the game "on hiatus" at the moment. April has not updated us on the status of what she was working on for a month or so, as such I can't give you a decent update ETA. Saoirsa has also been out of the loop for a while, but giving her medical concerns, that's not unexpected. Our options right now are pointing towards those who remain trying to regroup and see what we have access to, and then figuring out how to pick up another coder (or two) who can start implementing the amount of new content we have backlogged. "

Not much to go on, but at least we know that April is still working on it, and the reason Saoirsa is MIA is because of medical issues. For the time being though, we should probably get the OP updated with an "on hold" tag...

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
So does that mean its on hold or abandoned. Because they tagged thread abandoned. Yet the devs that are talking send on hold for now.

CuriousG08

Oct 12, 2016
This project is most likely dead. Too bad they don't hand it over to people who actually want to work on it. Their excuses aren't believable to me when it goes on and on with nothing ever accomplished for many months. They are just being dishonest.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
~X~Today at 4:12 PM
@Everyone To start with, the PE Dev team would like to offer its apologies. It has been far too long since an update, and communication has been poor in recent months. There are a number of different reasons for this, but we feel we should start this announcement by saying we’re sorry and that we plan to do better in the future.

Since Saoirsa’s illness, our team has been missing our forward-facing member and coordinator, which meant that important information was not getting to our users and to fellow team members. We had hoped that she would be able to find a way to adjust to her illness and return to the role, but sadly, it was not to be. Even if she was able to return, it’s unlikely that she would be to fill the role as effectively as she previously did. We hope she recovers and is eventually able to rejoin us in our venture, but for now, we will have to continue on without her. Thankfully, due to Saoirsa’s foresight, we still have access to all of the development tools she created for us such as the trello, git hub, and the PE Dev Patreon. Thus, development can continue on those platforms with minimal hiccups.

In Saoirsa’s absence, I will be stepping up to take over as “PR rep” for the game, as well as working as one of a few coordinating forces in the team. It is likely that you will hear from other members of the dev team as well, but I will be the one posting announcements from here on. Since I am acting in the capacity of “voice of the team,” I will also do my best to make obvious when I am speaking from my own personal perspective (as I am wont to do) and in an “official” capacity (such as right now). I ask that you bear with me as I try to navigate the transition into my new role as I do not have a PR background. BritneyD is also taking a coordinating role, working more behind the scenes to try to keep things flowing and help our team avoid single-role bottlenecks.
Unfortunately, Saoirsa was not the only team member that real life managed to overwhelm the past few months. While we were excited to have April back on our development team after our initial relaunch, we also ended up relying too heavily on her knowledge of the code and programming expertise. We began a major redesign of how decisions were tracked in the code, almost solely developed by April, and when real life concerns caused delays, we found ourselves waiting for her return before pushing new content out. What we believed to be a short delay, quickly grew into weeks, then into months, and as the community became more concerned about the status of the game, we had few answers other than “we are waiting on April.”

We’ve decided to stop just waiting, and in an effort to remove the former bottleneck of relying on one coder, Moonhead and Gallant are stepping up as coders to help us push content out to our players faster. As you can likely see with Moonhead’s recent mod package release, he has a very good knowledge of the code and how it works, and his expertise will be instrumental in helping us release new updates. Additionally, Gallant has recently finished working on an amazing UI improvement that will hopefully be added to our next release. His work clearly shows his ability, and we are glad to have another strong coder on our team. As we are working on this next release, we will be assessing the need for another coder as well and will let you know if we begin actively seeking more help. April, of course, is still a valued member of our team, and we certainly welcome any assistance she gives us as we move forward with the project and are grateful for the work she has already done.
With this new effort to continue development, we are hoping to put out an update by the end of February. However, since we are working without April’s vast knowledge of the code base, it is likely the update will be small and focused on adding story content to the game. It is doubtful to include the major stat-tracking rework that April was working on. We do plan to revisit the idea at a later date, once we have managed a more sustainable release schedule. Our goal, as before, is to create monthly updates. The scope of each update is as of yet unknown and will likely be based on the free time of our coders. Again, if we find we are unable to keep a consistent schedule, we will look into finding more coders to help fill our gaps.

We know many of you were or are Patreon supporters of either April Ryan’s patreon or the PE Dev Team patreon, and expressed concern over supporting us as the flow of updates began to dry up. We agree that it is unfair for you to have to pay to support a project with little output. As such, we have changed the pay schedule of the PE dev patreon (the one we have access to) over to a “pay on release” schedule. Instead of recurring monthly payments, payments will be collected when a release is posted to patreon. This means that even if something were to happen to the team again and development slows to a halt, you will no longer be required to pay until development begins again and a new update is released. We hope that this new schedule will provide those of you who are kind enough to support us with peace of mind that you won’t be paying money for nothing as well as encourage us to release on a more regular basis. We will also be looking into additional benefits for patreon subscribers beyond just access to the avatar version. We cannot guarantee that April Ryan’s patreon will also change to per release nor that new updates will be posted there as only April can access that page at the moment.
Phew, that was a long announcement. Here’s the main points, just in case the wall of text scares you:

The PE Dev team apologises for the lack of updates and poor communication and will work to improve these in the future.
Saoirsa has stepped down from her role as project lead for the time being. The role is now being filled by a few team members, and I will be acting as mouthpeace for the team going forward. I will try to make clear what is my own opinion and what is “official,” but please bear with me.

Moonhead and Gallant are stepping up to help us create releases even in times when April is unable to code. Another coder may be brought on if Moonhead and Gallant feel it is needed.

Our goal is for a new release at the end of February, which will include new story content which has been ready for release as well as other smaller changes. It is unlikely that it will feature the decision tracking update April was working on, but the idea is not being abandoned.

To avoid charging patrons during times with no releases and to encourage releases on our end, the PE Dev Patron has been changed to a “per release” format. These changes are not reflected on April Ryan’s old patreon page, as only April has access to that page.

Once again, we as a team apologize for the lack of releases and communication over the past few months. We will work our best to rectify this situation and are grateful for those of you who have supported us thus far.

PE Dev Team

rtkamb

Jul 22, 2017
Thanks for the update! :cry: Get well soon Saoirsa! and thanxs to the team who is still working on it. They could (have) just bail(ed), but it looks like they are trying to put the pieces back together, and it's appreciated.

~X~

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2019
Yo. ~X~ here. (PE PR person) I know a lot of people who play games like PE hang out here, so I figured I'd at least make an account to keep an eye on the thread for the purposes of bugs, questions, and general bitching complaints and concerns.

should we wait til next update to remove the on hold title?
Keep the title for now. I have full faith in our team, but things happen and for some unforseen reason something might not go our way. I don't want to call us "in active development" until releases are coming, even if we are working. You can message this account if you have any questions, but discord is DEFINITELY the best place to get a hold of me. Plus, you get the added bonus of eariler news updates, and hanging out with a bunch of people who have at least one thing in common with you (they like this game).

tabletalker7

Oct 13, 2017
Yo. ~X~ here. (PE PR person) I know a lot of people who play games like PE hang out here, so I figured I'd at least make an account to keep an eye on the thread for the purposes of bugs, questions, and general bitching complaints and concerns.

Keep the title for now. I have full faith in our team, but things happen and for some unforseen reason something might not go our way. I don't want to call us "in active development" until releases are coming, even if we are working. You can message this account if you have any questions, but discord is DEFINITELY the best place to get a hold of me. Plus, you get the added bonus of eariler news updates, and hanging out with a bunch of people who have at least one thing in common with you (they like this game).
Thank you for the update, and thanks again for just being honest - I avoid the whole Patron thing because too many times games get abandoned and Patron keeps collecting. I may just invest in a "per update" model you have going.

~X~

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2019
Thank you for the update, and thanks again for just being honest - I avoid the whole Patron thing because too many times games get abandoned and Patron keeps collecting. I may just invest in a "per update" model you have going.
Thanks. Another patreon I am a part of (on the patron side) uses that model due to infrequent releases, and I think it is the best way to go about things if you can't guarantee updates once a month. We definitely hope to meet that schedule, but experience has taught us that 1/month may not always be the case and we don't want to penalize our patrons for believing in us.

MBoBr

Jan 25, 2018
how do u update from .78 to .79? After loading .78 save in .79 i'm getting lots of error ;(

Zurrlock

May 13, 2018
how do u update from .78 to .79? After loading .78 save in .79 i'm getting lots of error ;(
That usually means save incompatibility and that you need to start a new game when it comes to twine games. Just what you have to expect when playing unfinished games.

~X~

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2019
Just to let you guys know, there has been a post regarding work on the game this past week on discord, tfgamessite forum, and patreon's community page.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
For those of you who can't be bothered to leave the site:

~X~
Today at 12:23 AM

Greetings, @Everyone. Just thought I’d give a little update on what we’ve been working on the past week. We have successfully moved our codebase over to Moonhead’s mod now on git hub, and manage to squash an important bug. For those who are unaware, the main benefit of Moonhead’s mod is that it allows use to use multiple images for the same screen, something that will hopefully spice up repeatable scenes like masturbation. The mod also includes some more content focused around the home game system and the arcade, specifically a “gamer” stat that tracks how skilled the main character is at video games and improves his chances in the arcade.

The cheerleader content has been prepared for translation into code. In the case of the cheer content, we are planning to include episodes 0-4 (2 ½ in game weeks of content) as well as the first of several side events designed to flesh out PC’s relationship to one of his key teammates. There are a few smaller scenes ready to be coded as well, including a new home activity that will allow the player character to work on his athleticism once joining the squad. We are also looking into finding more images for the cheer sections as well (I’m a bit of a perfectionist, so I can have difficulty finding the right ones).

Planning has also begun on the next chapter for the teacher, so we can hopefully start writing it soon. This is the penultimate chapter for the teacher and should expand on the “School slut” route. Once this is finished, it’s on to the teacher’s final chapter, which I’m really excited for all of you to see in what will likely take a few months.

Finally, we are looking into any text fixes and bug fixes that have been sent to us. If you manage to track down any new ones, please send them our way via the appropriate channel on discord.

We appreciate all of you sticking with us, and hope you guys are as excited to see the new content as we are to create it.

- ~X~

3.60 star(s) 41 Votes