Morte111

Oct 11, 2017
~X~
Truly, you have been developing an awesome well written story with progression and pace :)

w.r.t. v9700 bug fixing: " Players are reporting the friend’s check during the hangouts is not working correctly, especially with body hair. We are investigating this. "

I have been regularly making my own tweaks to various Twine games for some time (for playability and fixing certain buggy behaviour), so it was fairly easy to find what appears to be multiple instances of conflicting variable usage -
In this case specifically, instead of testing only on not _waxed
e.g. here on line 39681 :
<<if _maleUnder || not _chastity || not _stockings || not _waxed>>\

it is far better to set and test on a variable covering both waxed and permanent depilatory methods, e.g.
<<if _maleUnder || not _chastity || not _stockings || $body.bodyhair == 0>>\

That's just one example, there are numerous other locations where this discrepancy should be addressed,
but overall your coding style is fine and easy to work with,
again, very well done and keep up the excellent effort, this game is a work of art we can see improvements in with each new release.

qwantasia

Jan 19, 2019
~X~
Truly, you have been developing an awesome well written story with progression and pace :)

w.r.t. v9700 bug fixing: " Players are reporting the friend’s check during the hangouts is not working correctly, especially with body hair. We are investigating this. "

Too much asskissing. Either tell them they fucked up the code in a twine game they get paid 4,7k to make or kiss their ass, you can't do both.

~X~

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2019
Alright I finally managed to have MC pass the poise training... now how is the Bimbo training 1 and 2 unlocked? It keeps telling me I have no after class lessons now.
This is a bug related to loading a save. A fix has been written and should be up soon. I want to check out this friend hair issue first.

~X~

I have been regularly making my own tweaks to various Twine games for some time (for playability and fixing certain buggy behaviour), so it was fairly easy to find what appears to be multiple instances of conflicting variable usage -
In this case specifically, instead of testing only on not _waxed
e.g. here on line 39681 :
<<if _maleUnder || not _chastity || not _stockings || not _waxed>>\

it is far better to set and test on a variable covering both waxed and permanent depilatory methods, e.g.
<<if _maleUnder || not _chastity || not _stockings || $body.bodyhair == 0>>\

That's just one example, there are numerous other locations where this discrepancy should be addressed,
but overall your coding style is fine and easy to work with,
again, very well done and keep up the excellent effort, this game is a work of art we can see improvements in with each new release.
I will admit that I came into this with no experience coding in twine/js or coding professionally. So, a lot of this is self-taught or going of things others have recommended (the use _waxed comes from that). Ultimately, _waxed is set above as:
_waxed = not playerCode.isHairy()

The code for the function is:
JavaScript:
isHairy: function() {
        return (State.active.variables.body.bodyhair == 0);
    },
So, it should be:

0 not 0
isHairy()TF
_waxedFT
not _waxedTF

While I agree that using the $body.bodyhair here (or even "isHairy()") might be more direct, I'm not sure how not _waxed doesn't cover the same ground? That's why I'm scratching my head a bit on this error.

Reactions: Morte111

Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
open the game html in Notepad++ and read what you wanna read.
HUH? I'm not sure I follow... Are you telling me to read through all the HTML file in Note++? DO YOU KNOW HOW IMPOSSIBLY CONFUSING THAT WOULD BE WITHOUT CONTEXT? I know have two brain cells and the amount of rubbing them required to figure out what I'm reading would case a 5 alarm fire!

Obviously ~X~ does not want to talk about the emotional and psychological trauma he caused me...

• Haha
Reactions: Proto Persona

Beaviss

Jan 27, 2018
Every time I see this game I get my hopes up and then I realise it wasn't the one I was thinking of... :cry:

Morte111

Oct 11, 2017
This is a bug related to loading a save. A fix has been written and should be up soon. I want to check out this friend hair issue first.

I will admit that I came into this with no experience coding in twine/js or coding professionally. So, a lot of this is self-taught or going of things others have recommended (the use _waxed comes from that). Ultimately, _waxed is set above as:
_waxed = not playerCode.isHairy()

The code for the function is:
JavaScript:
isHairy: function() {
        return (State.active.variables.body.bodyhair == 0);
    },
So, it should be:

0not 0
isHairy()TF
_waxedFT
not _waxedTF

While I agree that using the $body.bodyhair here (or even "isHairy()") might be more direct, I'm not sure how not _waxed doesn't cover the same ground? That's why I'm scratching my head a bit on this error.
I totally agree, by the above logic, the isHairy function should definitely be working... and therefore so should the _waxed setting, but all I can think of is perhaps that the $body.bodyhair value is always updated but _waxed is not always updating? (just guessing)
for example, on line 39582 (of v9600), _waxed is being manually set as:
<<set _waxed to playerCode.isWaxed()>>\
so perhaps there are other inconsistencies also interfering...

Indeed, I admit it did take me a bit of experimentation to work out which variable was causing the wrong text passage to trigger, and additional tweaks before I had it 'working', primarily by the above workaround of ignoring _waxed and the isHairy() function and just sticking with checking $body.bodyhair (where 0 is hairy)

I tip my hat in respect to your drive and ability to self-teach - even with decades of coding experience in multiple languages, it takes me at least a month or two of practice to get into a productive coding flow even on languages I have been fluent in previously but have not touched for over a year - and handcoding / debugging Twine/js is no picnic in comparison to pretty much any other language :)

If I can suggest anything in this case, it is a lesson I have had to learn myself over and over -
notwithstanding what all the pundits say about OO with abstraction layers, encapsulation and limiting your variable scope,
if you are coding in what is essentially a procedural language with largely global scope for most if not all variables in a large main body outside dedicated functions,
then it is best for your sanity, as well as for functionality and error minimisation, to just re-use a single variable (or single function returning the desired value) rather than multiple variables with slightly differing contexts which all essentially derive their value procedurally from that single core variable/function.
Even if that means you have to refactor the name of that variable/function for clarity, so it doesn't clash or lose meaning when you use it for newer functionality outside the original purpose. :)
Yes, proper coding discipline would have us using a tiny main body of code which calls functions and API libraries in a complex hierarchy of isolated files, but that has its own challenges and is designed for modularisation, portability and reusability of code - probably not your primary concern here :)

Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
I totally agree, by the above logic, the isHairy function should definitely be working... and therefore so should the _waxed setting, but all I can think of is perhaps that the $body.bodyhair value is always updated but _waxed is not always updating? (just guessing)
for example, on line 39582 (of v9600), _waxed is being manually set as:
<<set _waxed to playerCode.isWaxed()>>\
so perhaps there are other inconsistencies also interfering...

Indeed, I admit it did take me a bit of experimentation to work out which variable was causing the wrong text passage to trigger, and additional tweaks before I had it 'working', primarily by the above workaround of ignoring _waxed and the isHairy() function and just sticking with checking $body.bodyhair (where 0 is hairy)

I tip my hat in respect to your drive and ability to self-teach - even with decades of coding experience in multiple languages, it takes me at least a month or two of practice to get into a productive coding flow even on languages I have been fluent in previously but have not touched for over a year - and handcoding / debugging Twine/js is no picnic in comparison to pretty much any other language :)

If I can suggest anything in this case, it is a lesson I have had to learn myself over and over -
notwithstanding what all the pundits say about OO with abstraction layers, encapsulation and limiting your variable scope,
if you are coding in what is essentially a procedural language with largely global scope for most if not all variables in a large main body outside dedicated functions,
then it is best for your sanity, as well as for functionality and error minimisation, to just re-use a single variable (or single function returning the desired value) rather than multiple variables with slightly differing contexts which all essentially derive their value procedurally from that single core variable/function.
Even if that means you have to refactor the name of that variable/function for clarity, so it doesn't clash or lose meaning when you use it for newer functionality outside the original purpose. :)
Yes, proper coding discipline would have us using a tiny main body of code which calls functions and API libraries in a complex hierarchy of isolated files, but that has its own challenges and is designed for modularisation, portability and reusability of code - probably not your primary concern here :)
over my head.gif

THIS IS WHY I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO MAKE MY OWN GAME

Reactions: Morte111

putzseila

Dec 11, 2017
VERSION: .9701 BUGFIX

Bug fixes:

• Fixed an issue where players using saves from previous version were not seeing trophy wife classes.
  • Fixed an issue where the second bimbo lesson would repeat immediately until completed correctly.

WilliamOmega

Sep 3, 2020
Don't really know what the problem is but every time i download 0.9700 the images don't work? like they're in the file but they dont show up ingame

Reactions: nifty_ape

aliceee

Mar 20, 2018
Could someone please link a savefile at where the current new content starts? Would really appreciate it <33

Spike1958

May 13, 2019
Does anyone know where the save games are located? I restarted yesterday, but when I tried to run it today, none of the saves from yesterday where there. Using Firefox if that helps. thanks

lunarian21

Nov 21, 2018
In the "friend" hangout with the trap you watch in basement... if you go without having a cage she says you are wearing boxers. Then turns into a total bitch.

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
I cant figure the Trophy Wife outfit training mini game. Everything I do is wrong.

Edit: Nevermind I just got it.

nifty_ape

Jun 13, 2017
Don't really know what the problem is but every time i download 0.9700 the images don't work? like they're in the file but they dont show up ingame
Same problem for me. In the 9700 download are definetely files missing. For example the whole .../images/avatar folder isnt present.

Aloryn

Aug 13, 2019
Same problem for me. In the 9700 download are definetely files missing. For example the whole .../images/avatar folder isnt present.
Avatar is part of Patreon version of the game, as in "paid for" version of the game ONLY. And while people have posted it multiple times in this topic alone, not everyone should have access to it.
Does anyone even play with avatar?

3.60 star(s) 41 Votes