3.90 star(s) 39 Votes
May 2, 2017
Yeah, I'm a big fan of this game, it's undeniably one of the absolute hottest, most well-made games on here. But I have to agree, the fate of it genuinely really does rest on this next update. It needs to be lengthy, and content-rich, and not just some filler update that's gonna frustrate people. I genuinely would love to both see other people have their trust in this game rekindled, and start hoping myself that this game is gonna be successful and worth supporting for the future, but that also means ManicMinxy absolutely cannot afford for this update to be a letdown. If it it's anything short of stellar, it'll probably kill the game. So here's hoping.

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I'm a big fan of this game, it's undeniably one of the absolute hottest, most well-made games on here. But I have to agree, the fate of it genuinely really does rest on this next update. It needs to be lengthy, and content-rich, and not just some filler update that's gonna frustrate people. I genuinely would love to both see other people have their trust in this game rekindled, and start hoping myself that this game is gonna be successful and worth supporting for the future, but that also means ManicMinxy absolutely cannot afford for this update to be a letdown. If it it's anything short of stellar, it'll probably kill the game. So here's hoping.

No probably about it, someone posted a patreon graph awhile back and this game is way past a peak of income. I'd say most patreons that are left are just waiting to see how the next update goes. As you said it has to be big. It has to be a length that's satisfactory, move the story along, no teasing/blue balling and has to be worth the time and above all doesn't end on a fucking cliffhanger. He mentioned he was redoing mapping I believe? or something to do with how to navigate the game which also attributed to why it's taking so long. On top of that the last update for this game was tiny. Next update needs a ton of content, needs to get the Mom relationship ball seriously rolling (from previews it seems it will) and needs to not be buggy, poorly written. I don't mind him taking this long so long as it's a huge pay off. The Twist always has big updates and is a monthly release so I hope after all this time we get something. Personally hoping for about two hours of content but that's me being ambitious.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
No probably about it, someone posted a patreon graph awhile back and this game is way past a peak of income. I'd say most patreons that are left are just waiting to see how the next update goes. As you said it has to be big. It has to be a length that's satisfactory, move the story along, no teasing/blue balling and has to be worth the time and above all doesn't end on a fucking cliffhanger. He mentioned he was redoing mapping I believe? or something to do with how to navigate the game which also attributed to why it's taking so long. On top of that the last update for this game was tiny. Next update needs a ton of content, needs to get the Mom relationship ball seriously rolling (from previews it seems it will) and needs to not be buggy, poorly written. I don't mind him taking this long so long as it's a huge pay off. The Twist always has big updates and is a monthly release so I hope after all this time we get something. Personally hoping for about two hours of content but that's me being ambitious.
Yep, you're saying what i was thinking all along u.u

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
I agree completely if this is a short or crapy update affter 9 months i am going to delete it from my pc i only keep games that are updated on a regular basses and that are great and fun to play so far this game is fun and great to play but without any stedy updates is no good here is hoping for a large and great update.

And here is just a note for the dev i dont know if you know but all devs have had to go through what you had with patreon they eather put on hold there games till it got fixed on patreon and no ofence but dident milk for 9 months

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I agree completely if this is a short or crapy update affter 9 months i am going to delete it from my pc i only keep games that are updated on a regular basses and that are great and fun to play so far this game is fun and great to play but without any stedy updates is no good here is hoping for a large and great update.

And here is just a note for the dev i dont know if you know but all devs have had to go through what you had with patreon they eather put on hold there games till it got fixed on patreon and no ofence but dident milk for 9 months
Exactly the point(of everyone who was actually mad to the developer, and i'm one of them btw) he/she/they milked money for months while he was having problems... @Gary Bertrand if you go to page 90(or 80, i don't remember) you can actually read about me and @StarPlatinum (i remember him/her but feel free to call my BS if i'm wrong) talking about these months of hiatus(of the develop of the game) but still milking money from those patrons

Reactions: RainMan92

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
I must say i am realy dispointed with this dev i played this game before he had to change the name because of patreon and ever science then all i here is bs from dev 1 oh i have 4 exams to do and 9 months later he dose them oh dont forget vacations broken pc depresion whats next house blew up or bed caught on fire if dev is fed up at least say so we dont get are hopes up for nothing i read some of devs posts saying he hear's us. BS if dev did he would do what auther devs do stop collection money for nothing and then start again when he dose someing. Alot of dev come here to see how there game's are doing this dev should get a achievment for milking players for the longest time for giving nothing

we should eather put Onhold or Abandoned on this game till dev gets his head on strait

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
I still think if he's serious about this project he should bring in someone to help the development; a writer or a coder or such. But I doubt he will. Patreon is already past peak income and I doubt he'd want to pay someone to come in and help;

Story Writing - 95%
Dialogue Writing - 45%
Computer Graphics - 95%
Coding - 40%

Writing should take half a week to a week tops IMO.
Coding is the biggest thing so that's expected to be low. I estimate, personally, we won't see next update until approx mid to late April.

Reactions: RainMan92

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
I still think if he's serious about this project he should bring in someone to help the development; a writer or a coder or such. But I doubt he will. Patreon is already past peak income and I doubt he'd want to pay someone to come in and help;

Story Writing - 95%
Dialogue Writing - 45%
Computer Graphics - 95%
Coding - 40%

Writing should take half a week to a week tops IMO.
Coding is the biggest thing so that's expected to be low. I estimate, personally, we won't see next update until approx mid to late April.
i think maybe your right mid to late april 2020:rolleyes:

JFur

May 18, 2017
With all the complaining and hollow accusations of disreputable behaviour here, if I was the dev, I'd be sorely tempted to deliberately delay any update so some of the complainers give up and go away. Then I'd release it. It wouldn't work, of course - they'd all come straight back and start complaining about the next update.

I get that we're all impatient for more content, because the content so far is good - really good. I feel the same way too. But learning patience is part of becoming an adult, and as these are adult games and stories, I assume everyone here should be capable of patience. Am I wrong?

That said, I also agree that perhaps the dev should consider switching to a pay-per-update model, since keeping people waiting when they're paying time-based subscriptions is not good for public relations. Real Life gets in the way of hobbyist development (which most Patreon projects are, no matter how good or professional-looking they are) and we all have to accept that, and manage it appropriately.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
With all the complaining and hollow accusations of disreputable behaviour here, if I was the dev, I'd be sorely tempted to deliberately delay any update so some of the complainers give up and go away. Then I'd release it. It wouldn't work, of course - they'd all come straight back and start complaining about the next update.

I get that we're all impatient for more content, because the content so far is good - really good. I feel the same way too. But learning patience is part of becoming an adult, and as these are adult games and stories, I assume everyone here should be capable of patience. Am I wrong?

That said, I also agree that perhaps the dev should consider switching to a pay-per-update model, since keeping people waiting when they're paying time-based subscriptions is not good for public relations. Real Life gets in the way of hobbyist development (which most Patreon projects are, no matter how good or professional-looking they are) and we all have to accept that, and manage it appropriately.
ok i see you are new here have you even checked its been over 9 Month and all we got was excuse after excuse maybe you should check your info fisrt we have asked for info on the update so many times and all we got we bs if dev was like ok here is whare im at on the update we wouldent complane so much but with no real info Can YOU blame US

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
People aren't pissed off about slow updates, they're pissed off that the dev went silent for months, came back promising to have got back to work, and has now gone practiaclly silent again.
Though to be fair, people are kind of assholes to Minxy when they do post. If all people do is bitch then it doesn't really incentivise them to keep in touch. Minxy should absolutely post more, and they should switch to a per-release payment model, but if they're dealing with some sort of mental health issue, as their posts allude to, the posts on here are not going to help at all.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Also remember most patreons are human beings with a brain, so they can decide for themselves if they want to keep supporting a dev for whatever reason they have, it is not up to others to decide or tell them how to spend their money. How Minxy decides to develop her game is up to her, her patrons are old enough to make their decisions based upon that.

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
Deffinately, there's no need for people to be assholes, even if they (arguably rightfully) are skeptical of the games development.
I don't really see people being assholes, I can't see how it is not fair to call someone out on a potential scam.
Again almost 10 months now.. and all the dev have done is post 5-10 updates. And still taken patreon money all those months

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
I don't really see people being assholes, I can't see how it is not fair to call someone out on a potential scam.
Again almost 10 months now.. and all the dev have done is post 5-10 updates. And still taken patreon money all those months
corection posted info on update progress but no update in allmost 10 months now

Reactions: vmaks

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
Well if it isn't a scam, and you start accusing him, he could take it pretty badly (especially if he does have mental problems) and thats a bad thing.
If it is a scam, calling him out isn't going to stop him and not calling him out isn't going to hurt you.

So really, unless you have some actual proof (remeber, he has released updates since first release, and has communicated a little bit in the mean time so it could go either way at this point) there's no reason to start accusing him, you're better off just playing other games and forgetting about it.
I will reserve my right to act skeptical. Again I am not an asshole about it. But I will point a potential scam out.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I will reserve my right to act skeptical. Again I am not an asshole about it. But I will point a potential scam out.
Do you really think her patrons can not do that themselves? Let them decide for themselves.

Reactions: 401Grem

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
I personally don't think it's an intentional scam. What I mean by that is the dev isn't intentionally going out of their way to take money and run but that's how it's being perceived and if your actions/activity/project have gotten to that level, you can't really blame people.

The update will come I have no doubt about that but I echo what I said of this entire delay has to be worth it. Money has been spent on it and I personally think the "You didn't pay so shut up" argument is invalid. No one would want to put money into it now. That's like saying "Hey throw 5$ in the sea every month and maybe a mermaid will give you a pearl." If we haven't gotten an update since July, why would anyone put money into it now to support work we frankly have no idea when is coming. Should we bash the dev? No. Is it a scam? I don't think so. But I do think people have a right to discuss the issue with a big project taking money from people.

For those of you who think we are all just bickering assholes I'm sorry. But the reality of it is the dev has gone quiet for personal reasons which we accepted and said he would give patreons exclusive content as an apology which I heard never really happened. Has come back to say things are in full swing and posted images and % updates! Cool. So we're getting back on track but he's still very very very quiet which is worrisome considering his updates on Patreon, the platform where people were paying was non-existent. On one hand people want to shield Minxy and be like "He had mental health issues, fuck off." and that's fair. But people are still out of pocket. I have put money into projects and then moved on after the devs went quiet or they got staggered with releases but I didn't keep paying for work I didn't support or didn't get, since they don't deserve it. But someone saying "Your opinion is invalid because you haven't thrown $5 or $10 away for nearly a year." is dumb. That's like saying you can't complain about someone running over a dog because you don't own a car.

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes