3.90 star(s) 39 Votes
Sep 4, 2020
and it's okay, i don't care about huge plot-twists or a huge lore(i mean, it would help me enjoy more the story......but i'm a fanfic-reader, give me a linear story that makes sense, and you made me happy) but Minxy didn't manage to achieve even the most simple concept of plot...or focused only on fanservice...
I'm intrigued by what you said about linear plots. One of my struggles is that I have a plot worked out, but I'm having problems branching it. It either means writing extra stories, or fragmenting the existing one. Extra means more work (and not all the stories will be as good as the "main" story). Fragmenting means my actual story won't exist.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
This was one of the first games I tried after joining, maybe one of the firsts I was disappointed with it not really getting anywhere before the dev peaced out. I assume aside from having no idea where to go, they weren't that interested in the first place and money wasn't a big enough motivator to keep going.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Honestly? all i can tell you, is already written in previous pages...like how she intentionally continued to milk money, despite people sending her even tutorials about how she can stop the monthly check(or you know, that automatic monthly thing that takes money from your bank account just to send them to her) and how she keep acting like "no, you guys never told me about how to do it"

Her game started pretty popular...but she ruined it by not writing a real story, and adding siblings at random...making the basic plot even weirder and nonsensical and i'm talking about 3 in-game days! NOT A MONTH, she took 4 years to give us 3 in-game days of content...that you can play in 2 hours(if you go slow)
Oh I remember it all, just the person seems more to have issues and not some level of intentional malice. I mean theres Slonique level of milking patrons and theres someone who seems to just shut down and make excuses for themselves. I think she was the latter in all of it. I mean milking 50-100 bucks a month isn't much even if you live in a third world country.

It was all unfortunate in the end. Malice or no, if Minxy would have just stuck with it, she would have been doing well for herself financially. The models were good and the writing was good enough. If I could find where everyone gets their good mods ( I always find the shit ones, I suck and searching for them.) I would have taken a crack at it myself.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
It was all unfortunate in the end. Malice or no, if Minxy would have just stuck with it, she would have been doing well for herself financially.
If the dev was honest, i mean, shit happen with everyone, but keep saying "hey, i'm back and i will make the game great again" and never doing any shit is another, just look at some devs that don't make almost any money on patreon that pause because they having some problems and don't want people paying for something that is not there.

Reactions: Kracken36

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Seeing how there are still people here lamenting this game being abandoned allow me to recommend this game that has some similar elements (and backgrounds): Weird Shit is Going to Happen. You really should move on guys this game has died many years ago it's pointless to keep talking about it now.
we're just chatting about it...i moved on a long time ago...but i like to chitchat XD

Sep 4, 2020
i don't think i know that tale...i'm not even sure if it's a slang word that i don't know XD
No worries. It was mentioned by Paitryn ("theres Slonique level of milking patrons") in a way that sounded like everyone knows about it.

I have been rethinking my plotting issues, and I'm strongly leaning to one story but multiple takes. By that I mean the story beats are more or less the same -- they pretty much have to be for it to work. But there's a "sorting hat" intro which sets up one of 4 variants based on choices. Then the story plays out. In each, Player X has a kink, but the kink is different depending on that sorting hat resolution. That kink will have significant impact on the subsequent events, though the overall story will pretty much play out along the same path. For instance, the get into Secure Area Zed, you get to choose one of the characters to distract the guard, and not just for a few moments, but for like an hour while the rest of the group deals with what they need to deal with uninterrupted. You get to choose which character does the job, but the choices won't be the same depending which playthrough you're on, and even if two playthroughs overlap with one of the choices (Playthrough 1 means you can choice A or B, with C and D not options, and in Playthrough 2 the options are A or C, with B and D not options), the same choice will still be somewhat different (choice A in each Playthrough, but Guard+A in Playthrough 1 is different from Guard+A in Playthrough 2). The differences will make sense (I hope).

With this approach I just have to write reboots!

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
No worries. It was mentioned by Paitryn ("theres Slonique level of milking patrons") in a way that sounded like everyone knows about it.

I have been rethinking my plotting issues, and I'm strongly leaning to one story but multiple takes. By that I mean the story beats are more or less the same -- they pretty much have to be for it to work. But there's a "sorting hat" intro which sets up one of 4 variants based on choices. Then the story plays out. In each, Player X has a kink, but the kink is different depending on that sorting hat resolution. That kink will have significant impact on the subsequent events, though the overall story will pretty much play out along the same path. For instance, the get into Secure Area Zed, you get to choose one of the characters to distract the guard, and not just for a few moments, but for like an hour while the rest of the group deals with what they need to deal with uninterrupted. You get to choose which character does the job, but the choices won't be the same depending which playthrough you're on, and even if two playthroughs overlap with one of the choices (Playthrough 1 means you can choice A or B, with C and D not options, and in Playthrough the options are A or C, with B and D not options), the same choice will still be somewhat different (choice A in each Playthrough, but Guard+A in Playthrough 1 is different from Guard+A in Playthrough 2). The differences will make sense (I hope).

With this approach I just have to write reboots!
If Slonique is who i think he/she is...we're probably talking about the artist who made Breeding Season(and old game) and he gave up on that project, stole his own art(associated with Breeding Season) and made his own game...and last time i checked he was making $18000/month by simply bugfixing stuff that doesn't really fix anything at all..

and i like your idea...which is similar to what happens in Pale Carnation XD

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
If Slonique is who i think he/she is...we're probably talking about the artist who made Breeding Season(and old game) and he gave up on that project, stole his own art(associated with Breeding Season) and made his own game...and last time i checked he was making $18000/month by simply bugfixing stuff that doesn't really fix anything at all..

and i like your idea...which is similar to what happens in Pale Carnation XD
Nah, Slonique is one who has made a bunch of shitty games chasing trends, and if he doesn't get an immediate response to it abandons them or if it's further along gives it a rushed ending so they're technically "complete". Most recently, in a similar fashion in a less successful version of "Breeding Season" tried to pass him/themselves off as a new dev but with his lack of actual talent when it comes to making these games, gave himself away immediately from the similarities to all the other games he's made. That whole thing got abandoned and moved the game over to make it clear we were right all along and gave it a new name with the audacity to actually put out two versions of it instead of one with a patch.

Seeing how there are still people here lamenting this game being abandoned allow me to recommend this game that has some similar elements (and backgrounds): Weird Shit is Going to Happen. You really should move on guys this game has died many years ago it's pointless to keep talking about it now.
Yeah but going by the preview images its Honey Select models are everything I hate about Honey Select models.

Last edited:

DoranDuck

May 10, 2017
Nah, Slonique is one who has made a bunch of shitty games chasing trends, and if he doesn't get an immediate response to it abandons them or if it's further along gives it a rushed ending so they're technically "complete". Most recently, in a similar fashion in a less successful version of "Breeding Season" tried to pass him/themselves off as a new dev but with his lack of actual talent when it comes to making these games, gave himself away immediately from the similarities to all the other games he's made. That whole thing got abandoned and moved the game over to make it clear we were right all along and gave it a new name with the audacity to actually put out two versions of it instead of one with a patch.
Reminds me of that Game of Thrones parody game (I think it was called "Game of Moans" or something), that pretty much shut down because the "Show was not popular anymore"

Made me rethink ever considering support their stuff.

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018
it's a pity that such a potentially good project died out, maybe Minxy will still find the strength to return and we will get the final project

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes