3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Huh I didn't know that you could do that with Honey Studio and Ren'Py. After playing through your demo I kind of wanted to fool around with that concept, yet been running into some issues. Either way and interesting demo and I'd love to see more of it.
I'm glad you enjoyed it ~! Yeah HS and Ren'py both are really fiddly ... There are no good tutorials on working on it either xP

Reactions: Born2game

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for the game. Even though it's short now, start is pretty good. Concept of "family harem" definitely to my taste, especially that "returning to biological family you never know". It's probably one of my favourite kinds of stories. And I love your models, not just default ones, like most devs use. Maybe that's why i'm not really into games with HS stuff. But your girls are cute and natural, and i very like how mother there looks like real mother. Mature beauty. Not just like in this zillion games, where mom is looks exactly like her daughters. If not younger. Definitely will follow this project.

TheImage

Professional Bystander
Staff member
Community Liaison
Donor
Aug 14, 2016
Finally got around to checking this out. It seems cool so far. Just a little suggestion though, for the parts that are real photos, you may want to put a photoshop filter on them to make them look a little more like their drawn or rendered. Helps keep the flow even.

Edit: Sorry, re-reading it that sounds confusing. What I meant was maybe turning something like this: hotel2 - Copy (1620x940).jpg into something like this: hotel2 - Copy (1620x940).png (But clearly not doing what I did and spent 5 minutes of being terrible at photoshop on it) :p

Last edited:
Reactions: ManicMinxy

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Finally got around to checking this out. It seems cool so far. Just a little suggestion though, for the parts that are real photos, you may want to put a photoshop filter on them to make them look a little more like their drawn or rendered. Helps keep the flow even.

Edit: Sorry, re-reading it that sounds confusing. What I meant was maybe turning something like this: View attachment 9537 into something like this: View attachment 9536 (But clearly not doing what I did and spent 5 minutes of being terrible at photoshop on it) :p
That is an excellent suggestion ~! That was my initial idea but sadly, I don't have photoshop up and ready at the moment... I can't afford it and my uni doesn't provide a cheaper or a free version of photoshop xP Might be some time until I can get that done ! There is an option for me though to use online programs and even word to 'filter' the photo~ I will definitely need photoshop in the future to put in labels and watermarks~

<3 Praise the mods ~

Reactions: TheImage
O

Onyx99

Take your time do it right but keep communications open. Don't force yourself down a tight month per release deadline path, especially if you are working alone and learning as you go.

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
That is an excellent suggestion ~! That was my initial idea but sadly, I don't have photoshop up and ready at the moment... I can't afford it and my uni doesn't provide a cheaper or a free version of photoshop xP Might be some time until I can get that done ! There is an option for me though to use online programs and even word to 'filter' the photo~ I will definitely need photoshop in the future to put in labels and watermarks~

<3 Praise the mods ~
There are plenty of free/cheap photo editing programs these days, to the point where Photoshop can be considered entirely optional if you choose to go that route. GIMP is one of the most well known, but there are plenty of others. for a quick list.

I also am appreciating your participation in this forum and your honest assessment of your capabilities. This honesty will go a long way for you. If you carry that honesty on your patreon page, and continue discussing here and on other forums, I am quite sure you will have plenty of support above and beyond the game itself.

TheImage

Professional Bystander
Staff member
Community Liaison
Donor
Aug 14, 2016
There are plenty of free/cheap photo editing programs these days, to the point where Photoshop can be considered entirely optional if you choose to go that route. GIMP is one of the most well known, but there are plenty of others. for a quick list.

I also am appreciating your participation in this forum and your honest assessment of your capabilities. This honesty will go a long way for you. If you carry that honesty on your patreon page, and continue discussing here and on other forums, I am quite sure you will have plenty of support above and beyond the game itself.
Honestly, after Photoshop, my first pick would be PaintTool SAI. Free, simple and honestly kinda feels like a photoshop-lite

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Take your time do it right but keep communications open. Don't force yourself down a tight month per release deadline path, especially if you are working alone and learning as you go.
Awww you don't understand how much I needed to hear that thank you~

Reactions: MrBree

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion Breen~! I feel that you understand me here ~ I'm slowly learning to be a bit more courageous and less reserved ... I'm sure this would be a great learning experience ^-^

Reactions: MrBree

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Honestly, after Photoshop, my first pick would be PaintTool SAI. Free, simple and honestly kinda feels like a photoshop-lite
Ooo yes yes yes I'll download that ~! I've used SAI before, but long ago ~ I'll give it a try!

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
By the way, is there anyone who is fluent in Ren'py who can offer me some help?

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Since you seem to take criticism in tune as well, I am sure many of us will be glad to help you with bug testing and editing. I'm more than happy to send corrections to help with the game. And thanks again for making some realistic ages on the models.

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Since you seem to take criticism in tune as well, I am sure many of us will be glad to help you with bug testing and editing. I'm more than happy to send corrections to help with the game. And thanks again for making some realistic ages on the models.
I'm always happy to take criticism! It would be so much help if you did that for me ! I must admit I did make the regrettable mistake of not running through the dialogue or even running it through a spell checker.. I was a bit caught up in the excitement of finishing what I wanted and releasing it~ ! Message me through discord or through 'Conversations' on this site!

I think Alexa looks young for her age... And I actually have a reason for that ... More on that later ~

D3ssel

Nov 15, 2016
Really, really interesting concept and character art. I liked how the mother clearly looked like a true MILF, and older than the other female characters, which are akin to the PC, age wise.

The whole story also got me intrigued, which is great. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this will play out.

I'll probably become your patron. I just didn't already because your project is brand new, and I usually wait for a few weeks or months (depends on your work output) to see how the developer interacts with its patrons and how much work (builds, art, previews, etc.) he does monthly. If you do a fair share, I'll make the jump.

With that said, I'm not a big fan of game content behind paywalls... There's nothing more frustrating for someone who is donating (and, in Patreon, IT IS a donation) to discover that, i.e., a site like this has a leaked version of the game (the one a higher tier donation got first) before he, who contributes, got his. More than once, I actually dropped out of a project because of something like that happening.

Give exclusive polls to your higher donation tiers. Give walkthroughs. Previews. Exclusive higher tier channel inside Discord. Etc, etc., etc. Those are but just a couple of things you can offer to incentivize higher donations.

Remember: Unless you have a game where its actual assets are online and needs to be constantly accessed (like a typical MMO), your game WILL get ripped. So I wouldn't try to put the game per se behind any paywall. Or, at the very least, allow all tiers to have access to the builds at the same time. That way, if it leaks (and it will, happens to ALL Patreon projects out there), no one who is actually contributing to your project will feel "cheated" in the process.

Many good projects in Patreon have the game without any paywall and are doing pretty well, financially speaking.

Imho, Patreon is not about charging people. But about having a great project, and a great creative process where your "fans" get to interact with you and your art a lot. To the point of them giving you their hard earned money so you can continue what you are doing. It's more about providing entertainment, than just a game.

See the difference here? They are not buying it from you. They are not paying for a subscription. They just want you to continue what you are doing and are even willing to pay so you can do even more, if possible.

Reach that point (and a few developers did, Like Dark Cookie and a few others), and you simply won't even need to care about piracy anymore.

At all.

I usually don't write this much about a new project, but yours have some real potential, IMO. I just couldn't resist and try to help.

Anyways, keep up the great work! I'll be watching your project closely. And, if everything works as I think it will, shall become a patron of yours shortly.

Last edited:

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
I'm always happy to take criticism! It would be so much help if you did that for me ! I must admit I did make the regrettable mistake of not running through the dialogue or even running it through a spell checker.. I was a bit caught up in the excitement of finishing what I wanted and releasing it~ ! Message me through discord or through 'Conversations' on this site!

I think Alexa looks young for her age... And I actually have a reason for that ... More on that later ~
No worries, its sort of an alpha so its expected to be rough to show what you can do.

Hmmm....be curious to see what you have on Alexa. Mostly I want to see more "uniforms" like the assistant has. Anything that has boots and short skits gets a +1 from me.

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes