3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017

Sorry Maniacs!
I tried to finalize the distribution of the game today and Ren'py, the game development engine, found a few errors and subsequently crashed. I also realized I forgot to delete some saves and enable transitions, so I guess ren'py crashing was its way of telling me there is more work to be done!

The Update will be released on the 12th of April!

This would mean that I have some extra time to work on it (and maybe put in extra scenes)!

I apologize for the delay!

Manic~

Randomtask

Mar 10, 2018
The excuses are getting tiresome as are the delays, if this update isn't worth the wait I'll be cancelling my patreon.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
The excuses are getting tiresome as are the delays, if this update isn't worth the wait I'll be cancelling my patreon.
shit like this happens all the time in developing a game, it goes like this "99 bugs in the gaming code, 99 bugs in the code, take one out patch it throughout 127 bugs in the gaming code." and since manic is new this will probably happen fairly often. also good things come to those who wait :p

Randomtask

Mar 10, 2018
Yeah, you are right, he should have released a buggy mess that barely works ... that would have been so much better.
Yeah, because that's what I said right? Wrong. Creating illusionary content in order to further your point (whatever that was) is so 2017. Improve your reading skills and get back to me.

As a paying customer I simply wish for the update to go ahead as scheduled. Failing to meet a deadline once is acceptable, but to fail repeatedly is borderline incompetence. As I said, if the update isn't mindblowing my patronage will be cancelled.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Too many unnecessary pictures in this game. A dozen renders for one dialogue, where it would be enough to have two or three. It's a waste of time. The time that can be spent on creating additional content.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Yeah, because that's what I said right? Wrong. Creating illusionary content in order to further your point (whatever that was) is so 2017. Improve your reading skills and get back to me.

As a paying customer I simply wish for the update to go ahead as scheduled. Failing to meet a deadline once is acceptable, but to fail repeatedly is borderline incompetence. As I said, if the update isn't mindblowing my patronage will be cancelled.
Releasing it on schedule would have been a buggy mess so yes, that is exactly what you said.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016

yes because bugs and engine issues will happily not happen because you want something to be on time. updates get pushed back it happens all the time, even with AAA titles, it is fair to have an expectation of content, but don't be a fool and have an unrealistic expectation, it isn't like they are trying to No mans sky with the marketing XD

honkswab

Sep 20, 2016
It can be argued that Minxy is overly ambitious. I believe that they've got to scale down some aspect of the game in order to get updates out at an acceptable rate. Now, I am not a patron and won't be. Not as long as I feel that I would actually get something more than once in a blue moon.

Reactions: ManicMinxy

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
yes because bugs and engine issues will happily not happen because you want something to be on time. updates get pushed back it happens all the time, even with AAA titles, it is fair to have an expectation of content, but don't be a fool and have an unrealistic expectation, it isn't like they are trying to No mans sky with the marketing XD
Some perspective - Microsoft abruptly and unexpectedly delayed the launch of Windows 10 Spring Creator's Update. That's one of the richest tech companies in the world.

adultUser

Oct 11, 2017
Too many unnecessary pictures in this game. A dozen renders for one dialogue, where it would be enough to have two or three. It's a waste of time. The time that can be spent on creating additional content.
Those take little time, and can be reused many times for other dialog. Multi char scenes are the timesinks.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
What will be the excuse today when this update gets inevitably delayed?
Who knows? If they feel too harassed, they might decide to abandon it like so many developers have done.

IMHO they should move to a bi-monthly or quarterly release cycle.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Or Manic could hire more people to do it. Like for example get one more which would be 100% more staff. All devs are not Faerins capable of releasing update every second week like a clock...

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
t9mwLLJk2bk06vRC9yxtYHqNbUaAorntgUuV43PRZBF9VhvOBcZ6beMTWI1Usk_n.png

Hey Maniacs!
Ren'py is still showing some errors which I am trying to fix for. Normally it is an easy fix like a problem with formatting (indentation in the code) but something seems wrong in the actual coding itself. I made one extra scene which I was unhappy with and removed... I am sure the update will be out within 24 hours!

Manic

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
View attachment 87927

Hey Maniacs!
Ren'py is still showing some errors which I am trying to fix for. Normally it is an easy fix like a problem with formatting (indentation in the code) but something seems wrong in the actual coding itself. I made one extra scene which I was unhappy with and removed... I am sure the update will be out within 24 hours!

Manic
So I can not wait until the update comes BUT I like to wait if it is good and it works ichg hope it will come soon but I'm glad that the dev does not bring it out if it has no bugs better later than So I'm waiting too early and hope you all too but then we get a good game update

Reactions: WaerM
3.90 star(s) 39 Votes