3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

Anonny

♥ Ren'Py Fangirl ♥
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
Minxy, I love you and what you do, but I'm noticing these delays are really pushing your patrons' patience. I understand if it's personal circumstances on your side halting progress, but it's not ideal to loose trust now considering how early in development Perverted Hotel is at.

Reactions: ManicMinxy

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Minxy, I love you and what you do, but I'm noticing these delays are really pushing your patrons' patience. I understand if it's personal circumstances on your side halting progress, but it's not ideal to loose trust now considering how early in development Perverted Hotel is at.
Pretty sure he is all too aware of that.

Now 20hrs ago... still no update right?

Yeah... I still have 4 hours... It's uploading but it's just stuck now! I've never been so stressed in my life :(

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017

I can't apologize enough for this. The issues regarding coding has not been solved. Sometimes, all my work just randomly disappears and I have to pretend to make a new game and find locate the file with my progress on the game again.
It always says "I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.

File "renpy/common/00voice.rpy", line 360, in voice_interact

if _menu:

NameError: global name '_menu' is not defined"

I have no reference on how to fix the issue or where to start.

I have spent a whole day on this and I have never been so stressed. I had so many cans of redbull that I can feel it in my blood. I feel like throwing up.

I know I have already delayed myself FIVE days. I am so sorry this has happened. I am going to re-upload tomorrow. I really need some rest. If I am not done in another 24 hours I am releasing this whole update for free.

So just to hype you all up, here is what you can expect!

What to expect:

- It comes with about 500+ CG!

- It has around 10,000 lines of code!

- Newly added map/menu system!

- Services from Eliza + other staff...

- Choice to move around freely in a map.

- Meeting a new character

- 6 more new scenes!

- 2 new H-Scenes!

Thank you !

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017

I can't apologize enough for this. The issues regarding coding has not been solved. Sometimes, all my work just randomly disappears and I have to pretend to make a new game and find locate the file with my progress on the game again.
It always says "I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.

File "renpy/common/00voice.rpy", line 360, in voice_interact

if _menu:

NameError: global name '_menu' is not defined"

I have no reference on how to fix the issue or where to start.

I have spent a whole day on this and I have never been so stressed. I had so many cans of redbull that I can feel it in my blood. I feel like throwing up.

I know I have already delayed myself FIVE days. I am so sorry this has happened. I am going to re-upload tomorrow. I really need some rest. If I am not done in another 24 hours I am releasing this whole update for free.

So just to hype you all up, here is what you can expect!

What to expect:

- It comes with about 500+ CG!

- It has around 10,000 lines of code!

- Newly added map/menu system!

- Services from Eliza + other staff...

- Choice to move around freely in a map.

- Meeting a new character

- 6 more new scenes!

- 2 new H-Scenes!

Thank you !
Btw Minxy's forum profile says he's in Australia so that post was made between 10pm and midnight his time.

NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
This game has a great potential to be great. Good story and well made images. However, there is not much of content yet. Wait a little bit more before commit to pledge on Patreon.

Reactions: ManicMinxy

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
Not much content yet? Are we playing the same game? The teases with the twin sisters during the clothes shopping. The youngest sister in the bathroom. The shower with the receptionist/assistant and then the beach with all three?

If you don't think that's worth $1 (minimum pledge) then I wonder what else you are spending your money on in your real life that is so much more valuable. I would bet that looking at your finances you probably blow money on stupid things easily (most do who then expect all here free), while holding someone else's efforts to some higher standard.

Your choice to pledge or not, just don't claim there is "not much content" when the game has quite a bit of it right now.
You forgot the sweet chick at the spa ;)

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
You forgot the sweet chick at the spa ;)
Yep I did, my bad. Although that one was a lot more tricky to get to the good reward!

Point being, it's hilarious that people bitch about "I am going to cancel my Patreon" if they don't get so and so on X time frame. Here's a hint for those: If you want to cancel then do so, you are essentially tipping the creator for their efforts, NOT buying a finished product.

Personally any Patreon tips I give each month I just show support, I don't expect releases. Of course I usually spend no more than a whole $1 per pledge, but still, every little bit helps. That's amounts to about 5 minutes (or less) worth of my real world work time, and considering a morning coffee can be more than that per day, that's a pretty cheap once a month donation.

I get that some people value their money differently, but I bet some of those who complain the loudest about canceling Patreons (in any thread) either have the minimum pledge or don't actually pledge at all. But anywho, its easier to just perm ignore those who do nothing but constantly complain about Patreon milking, "gonna' cancel muh pledge!", etc.

Xand

Oct 16, 2016
Did anyone notice how the patreon post got quietly edited?
What a load of bull from the dev.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
I mean that seemed like a silly thing to say to begin with and was probably said when he was all fucked up in the head but still.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Why does he bother setting deadlines, he's never going to hit them.

Not to mention rapidly changing his mind about a free update when he figured out he wasn't going to hit that one either.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
It's a common problem among first-timers. They fully underestimate the value of a regular release schedule and thus underestimate the backlash that can result from constant deadline failures.

A trick they used to do in the comics industry was hold back the release of a new book until the creative team had 3-4 issues done. At that point, they had a nice 4-month gap before they had to worry about the dreaded deadline doom.

Not entirely compatible with game development, but the philosophy could be employed. Work on your update until it is realistically close for release and THEN publish a deadline.

I'm guessing most of these developers who say "release is close" and then miss are really just bowing to perceived pressure because they're taking in cash. That's why the "free month" concept made sense to me - placate everyone and buy some time. Only lose a month of revenue, not a bucket of Patrons.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I don't know his experience with coding, if he is not very familiar with it it's quite normal that he would run in a world of issues that he doesn't know how to fix

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I don't know his experience with coding, if he is not very familiar with it it's quite normal that he would run in a world of issues that he doesn't know how to fix
It's not the issues that's the problem, first time or industry veteran you'll still get issues with code ... code loves to bug out.

Old saying, 69 little bugs in the code, 69 little bugs ... take one down patch it around 127 little bugs in the code.

The problem is, as Ignatz said, being new and making deadlines.

You know how Blizzard say "soon" for every patch ... because they found out giving deadlines and missing them pisses people off far more than just saying "when it's ready". Like CD Projekt RED with Cyberpunk 2077, when it's ready.

In the space of a week this guy has missed 3 deadlines he set himself. That's not a problem in itself but how can you trust what he says after that?

Reactions: Penfold Mole

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
In the space of a week this guy has missed 3 deadlines he set himself. That's not a problem in itself but how can you trust what he says after that?
Yes, I guess most people wouldn't even mind waiting until bugs are fixed. Especially if one considers that it's obviously a side project/hobby so nobody will expect him to work 24/7 on that game. When it comes to trust I guess good intentions matter and if we get the update soon-ish few people will mind.

Eduwh

Jan 14, 2018
This game will be updated soon?
Cause if he is going to be upadted i'll just wait a bit for the download

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes