3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
@Synergy_Alexa – Please? (Choice doesn't matter)
• I don't know... I can't. If people find out... - Alexa Points +1
• I guess... Sure I'll do it. - Alexa Points +1
Thanks for this. Turns out that its:

Alexa – Please?
  • I don't know... I can't. If people find out... - Alexa Points +2
  • I guess... Sure I'll do it. - Alexa Points +1
This isn't a mistake. If you do the "• I don't know... I can't. If people find out..." first, you get one point and then you are forced to do the second "• I guess... Sure I'll do it." (so you get 2 points total)

Reactions: Synergy_

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Not sure what to think of this update. It's not like it was bad, but I think there was way too much time wasted on the masseur girl scene and overall the scenes and the order are just weird, like they don't happen in a certain order.

Reactions: ManicMinxy

Cameage

Aug 13, 2017
Not sure what to think of this update. It's not like it was bad, but I think there was way too much time wasted on the masseur girl scene and overall the scenes and the order are just weird, like they don't happen in a certain order.
Speak for yourself, I'd play a whole game about massage girl. I want the next update to to be one short scene with a random family member and six more massage girl scenes.

@ManicMinxy get on it

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Not just the public, I thought you were speaking for the Eastern Seaboard.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
But of singular opinion, a deft accomplishment indeed!

Synergy_

ಠ_ಠ
Donor
May 17, 2017
This isn't a mistake. If you do the "• I don't know... I can't. If people find out..." first, you get one point and then you are forced to do the second "• I guess... Sure I'll do it." (so you get 2 points total)
@myuhinny
This is what i mean. So as a result you get +2 for the first option and +1 for the 2nd. I did ur method and i still get a change in points. Plus @PhoenixFireeye gets the same result as me. I think it may be an issue on ur side o;

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Some technical report (it will be long, sorry):

1) You can use dynamic names with the scene statement. So no need to write everything three times to cover the 3 kind of swimsuits. Use something like :
Code:
    $ outfit = "slutty"
    scene expression outfit + " (11)"
And now you just need to define "outfit" according to the player choice, and the picture will be correctly displayed whatever the value of "outfit".

2) There's some mixing with the Characters. There's some above what I'll list, but I didn't thought to note them, sorry :
4214 m -> x
4218 x -> m
4225 m -> x
4228 m -> x
4891 a -> x
5954 a -> x
7017 a -> x
8415 x -> nothing (like 8421... One too many ?)

3) I also caught a typo :
5263/6326/7389 Shouldn't she say "Brooke" instead of "Hailey" ?

4) Isn't it confusing to use Eliza_DepPoints the way you did ?
8328 if Eliza_DepPoints >= 1:
Here, you assume that MC said she was asleep, but you can also pass this test if MC asked for a favor at line 7989.
Like you'll make Eliza dependency/submission to MC depend of this, it's probably better to double with a Boolean flag to mark the reason MC gave to Maddison regarding Eliza absence.

5) You can call labels. So for the shower scene, by example, no need to write everything twice (or more). I'll take the smallest event as example, since it will be shorter, lines 8812->8819 and 9071->9078.
Code:
label commonPart:
    e "Come here..."
    e "Turn around..."
    scene iop (21)
    "*She rubs lotion on your back*"
    scene iop (22)
    e "Here... Let me get under your arms as well..."
    scene iop (23)
    with fade
    return
And you replace the said lines 8812->8819 and 9071->9078 by this single line:
Code:
        call commonPart
It will do exactly the same. Obviously it will be more effective with bigger parts.
Also, when there's really few lines which differ from a scene to another you can use the possibility to give parameters to the label:
Code:
label biggestCommonPart( firstTime ):
    [common part]
    if firstTime is True:
       [line for the first time]
    else:
       [line for the other times]
    [common part again]
    return
Use it like this for the first time :
Code:
   call biggestCommonPart( True )
and like this for the other times :
Code:
   call biggestCommonPart( False )
I used a Boolean in the example, but you can also use a string or an integer to open more than two possibilities.

6) It's confusing how all the location have a "return" text button, and the beach have a hotspot for the return. But well, I assume that the said other locations aren't ready.

7) You can use simple quote as well as double quotes to mark strings.
So, in 9739, 9743 and 9748, no need to escape the double quotes:
Code:
                    '"King Dong"':
works as well.

8) The code have already more than 11000 lines, so:
You can have your code split in more than one file. It would be probably easier for you to retrieve part of your code if you do so.
You should also try to find a convention for naming your labels. Here again it will be easier for you in the future. One possibility is to prefix with the location, then follow by the main character implied, and finish with what the label do. So, something like
"sauna_brooke_sendToShower" by example. But it's just a possibility, everything will be better than you randomly typing on the keyboard like you actually do.
Seriously, it will really ease your works to do so.

9) It's a minor problem, but between the moment they eat and the moment they goes to the beach, Hailey removed her swimming suit ?
It also bother me a little at first that Hailey (almost always) look a few taller than Brooke.

And for something completely different...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
V.1.3 was great! The scene with Alexa in the restroom was hot!
At the beach it would be awesome if the player could pick one girl to rub sunblock on.
Some choices when rubbing sunblock on Alexa would be great too.

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Can't say I noticed that, tbh. Somehow I find the mother even hotter than the daughters. Maybe make the head slightly bigger, but I wouldn't make her body shorter. And by the way, I really appreciate all the effort and time you put in the game!
Thank you!

Reactions: mario1994

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
How the hell did you made the HS models look so less asian?
is it in HS Neo?
Yes!
I noticed one spot when you first meet the 3 sisters Hailey's name tag is set to Brooke's so when Hailey talked she was talking using Brooke's name instead.

When the younger sister drops his underwear and his thing comes out trying to slap her in the face you could almost hear it shouting back back you demon you'll never take me alive.

The whole time she was taking the pictures I was just waiting for it to misfire right there in the middle of her shots. Incoming!!!! PEW!! PEW!! PEW!!

The one bikini the sister tries on doesn't really look black to me it more looks like a dark grey.

The moms expression after she asked her son if he had a girlfriend was the look of you better say no fucker or I'm kicking you in the balls under the table.

If you picked the *I know some of them that prefer someone mature and smart* after she says *I'm surprised that someone like you is single. Then the next 4 or 5 lines she acts like you picked the *you don't look a day over 30 option.

Yeah when you are standing in front of the mirror getting ready to go to the beach the first screenshot you can really tell that the model is female. The legs hands and upperbody just scream female. The 2nd one was male though.

The mother says to put a dab of lotion on your hand and then the next sentence tells him not to be stingy and to use a lot. A dab is a tiny bit if she wanted more she should say use lots.

When you are adding lotion to the mother later after she catches Brooke taking her top off and later the mother says * Oh hailey she's always been the wildest one* It should say Brooke not Hailey.

If you tell on Eliza she gets some depPoints but if you don't tell on her but ask for a favor she gets 2 depPoints and later at the dinner table Brooke will act like you told them that she was sleeping on your bed even though you never did.

I see a lot of proof reading is needed as I see a lot of mistakes.

Well I'll finish the rest of the game tomorrow as it's getting late.
I will try to amend the tag being misplaced! The line before the "I know some of them that prefer someone mature and smart" and "you don't look a day over 30" options asks you which option do you say first! I'll change the language to "lots" from dab... Also I'll change from Hailey being the wildest one to Brooke!

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Walkthrough for v1.3. May be a bit dodgy and if there are any errors please notify me. Thanks

Also just want to point out spelling errors.

"Umm probrably only a little younger than me?"
"You're probrably a few years younger than me..."
"I know some of them perfer someone mature and smart..."
Thanks a lot! I will amend them !

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Well, removed my pledge last night, I can't justify supporting a project that doesn't have some kind of dedicated timeline. The content in the latest release really wasn't worth 2 months+ of time, and the menu (in my opinion) was a complete waste of time since it made things more complicated than helpful.

If you're really doing this as just a pass-time, then I really suggest you follow the results of the poll and make your releases free, with patrons supporting with their wallets if they feel it's worth it.
That's okay! The release will be free very soon and ... Probably more frequent in coming updates now that I have an established (but complicated) system. I had a lot of complications (health and in-game)these last few weeks and thus the release was very late. I am sorry to lose your pledge, and thank you for your support!

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Wrong logic here on the outfit choices, if im not mistaken:

if Alexa_Points <= 4 and Mum_Points <= 1 and Twins_Points <= 5 and Hailey_Points <= 1:
"{b}*You do not have enough points to choose this outfit.*{/b}"
"{b}*Your affection points: %(Alexa_Points)s out of 7 with Alexa, %(Twins_Points)s out of 10 with Brooke, %(Hailey_Points)s out of 4 with Hailey, and %(Mum_Points)s out of 3 with Maddison*{/b}"
"{b}*You must have more than 4 out of 7 with Alexa, 5 out of 10 with Brooke, 1 out of 4 with Hailey, and 1 out of 3 with Maddison to unlock this*{/b}"

Also, you will want to have more suggestive labels than "jepsofseofjpefewfweeff" to make future coding easier.
I think the outfit choices logic are actually correct! If you have less than 4 points for Alexa, you can't choose the option.

Also, yes, my coding is atrocious... It's way easier to make gibberish though... I should the coding that will follow through on somethings ...

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Like they feel ... Disjointed? Like the events seem disjointed or each of the CG with dialogue? I tried to put less CG in to save space and I guess repeating CG contributed to that feeling

Reactions: notsonoble

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Disjointed from each other or maybe I'm just not seeing the connection between the sauna scene and the massage scene for example. They are there and they somewhat work together, but I don't see a logical connection between the two, they might as well be two completely seperate scenes.

Reactions: ManicMinxy

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Some technical report (it will be long, sorry):

1) You can use dynamic names with the scene statement. So no need to write everything three times to cover the 3 kind of swimsuits. Use something like :
Code:
    $ outfit = "slutty"
    scene expression outfit + " (11)"
And now you just need to define "outfit" according to the player choice, and the picture will be correctly displayed whatever the value of "outfit".

2) There's some mixing with the Characters. There's some above what I'll list, but I didn't thought to note them, sorry :
4214 m -> x
4218 x -> m
4225 m -> x
4228 m -> x
4891 a -> x
5954 a -> x
7017 a -> x
8415 x -> nothing (like 8421... One too many ?)

3) I also caught a typo :
5263/6326/7389 Shouldn't she say "Brooke" instead of "Hailey" ?

4) Isn't it confusing to use Eliza_DepPoints the way you did ?
8328 if Eliza_DepPoints >= 1:
Here, you assume that MC said she was asleep, but you can also pass this test if MC asked for a favor at line 7989.
Like you'll make Eliza dependency/submission to MC depend of this, it's probably better to double with a Boolean flag to mark the reason MC gave to Maddison regarding Eliza absence.

5) You can call labels. So for the shower scene, by example, no need to write everything twice (or more). I'll take the smallest event as example, since it will be shorter, lines 8812->8819 and 9071->9078.
Code:
label commonPart:
    e "Come here..."
    e "Turn around..."
    scene iop (21)
    "*She rubs lotion on your back*"
    scene iop (22)
    e "Here... Let me get under your arms as well..."
    scene iop (23)
    with fade
    return
And you replace the said lines 8812->8819 and 9071->9078 by this single line:
Code:
        call commonPart
It will do exactly the same. Obviously it will be more effective with bigger parts.
Also, when there's really few lines which differ from a scene to another you can use the possibility to give parameters to the label:
Code:
label biggestCommonPart( firstTime ):
    [common part]
    if firstTime is True:
       [line for the first time]
    else:
       [line for the other times]
    [common part again]
    return
Use it like this for the first time :
Code:
   call biggestCommonPart( True )
and like this for the other times :
Code:
   call biggestCommonPart( False )
I used a Boolean in the example, but you can also use a string or an integer to open more than two possibilities.

6) It's confusing how all the location have a "return" text button, and the beach have a hotspot for the return. But well, I assume that the said other locations aren't ready.

7) You can use simple quote as well as double quotes to mark strings.
So, in 9739, 9743 and 9748, no need to escape the double quotes:
Code:
                    '"King Dong"':
works as well.

8) The code have already more than 11000 lines, so:
You can have your code split in more than one file. It would be probably easier for you to retrieve part of your code if you do so.
You should also try to find a convention for naming your labels. Here again it will be easier for you in the future. One possibility is to prefix with the location, then follow by the main character implied, and finish with what the label do. So, something like
"sauna_brooke_sendToShower" by example. But it's just a possibility, everything will be better than you randomly typing on the keyboard like you actually do.
Seriously, it will really ease your works to do so.

9) It's a minor problem, but between the moment they eat and the moment they goes to the beach, Hailey removed her swimming suit ?
It also bother me a little at first that Hailey (almost always) look a few taller than Brooke.

And for something completely different...
First of all Anne O'nymous, thank you so much for this technical report! I'm so grateful to have such help! I will put it to good use! I would love to talk to you on discord just to share thoughts and hopefully inquire more about coding... I'm still very new to ren'py so thank you for the tips!

I want to ask: Does having lots of code and making it super long (like repeating stuff) make the game laggier and buggier?

Also, in response to your tips:
1- So should $ outfit = 0 initially? I am still confused on how to make this change...
2 - I will amend these right away! After the 22nd where I have an Exam for my College thing
3 - This too!
4 - When you say double with a Boolean flag, do you mean below it have another point score thing? Like Eliza_Depoint >= 1: and below it Elizahasfallenasleep >= 1?
5- Oh wow good suggestion!
6- I couldn't make a return text button for the call screen! I looked everywhere online to try find instructions on how
7 - Ahh I see... This one is a force of habit.
8 - How do you split your code ?!?! O-O
9 - I guess Hailey does remove her swimming suit... The embarrassing one piece? Hailey is a little taller than Brooke by intention - Brooke's skin is also a little paler than Hailey's . It's so that they appear ... Off.

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes