3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
@ManicMinxy you use a lot a useless jump and label.

Line 12003 and following :
Code:
                 menu:
                     "I like it... Did you do something to your hair?":
                         scene aaac (25)
[...]
                         jump jaklsdfljsljdadadsljfjl
                     "I like it... Are you wearing make up? I like your natural face...":
                         $ Alexa_Points += 1
[...]
                     "It's... I like it... ":
                         scene aaac (23)
[...]
                 label jaklsdfljsljdadadsljfjl:
The jump are useless. Whatever choice is made, at the end the script will continue at the first line after the menu block. So remove them (and the label in the same time), it will reduce drastically the number of labels.

line 12030 and following :
Code:
                 menu:
                     "Oh yeah... Hug...":
                         jump soepjfpjosepjojeosfjosef
                     "*Raise your arms to hug her*":
                         jump soepjfpjosepjojeosfjosef
                 label soepjfpjosepjojeosfjosef:
                 scene aaac (30)
Same than above, except that the lack of content in the menu make mandatory the use of pass (which mean "do nothing, but note that it's not an empty block").
So you can achieve exactly the same result with :
Code:
                 menu:
                     "Oh yeah... Hug...":
                         pass
                     "*Raise your arms to hug her*":
                         pass
                 scene aaac (30)
Once again it will drastically reduce the number of labels.

line 12068 and following:
Code:
                 if Alexa_Points >= 5:
                     scene aaac (45)
[...]
                     jump continueefsefesfeesfesefssef
                 else:
                     jump continueefsefesfeesfesefssef
                 label continueefsefesfeesfesefssef:
The else block is totally useless since there's nothing inside. In the same time, what apply for menu also apply for an if structure. Whatever happen, the script will continue with the first line after the whole structure ; so the jump are totally useless.
Yet another change which will drastically reduce the number of labels.

You should also rethink the whole structure of your script. The one you actually use will make your brain explode soon or later.
Line 12280 to 12379, you've five discussions with Eliza :
Code:
    label proElizawhat:
        if WineandIce >= 1:
            scene Warth
[...]
            jump proSalon
        else:
            jump jaeasgeseagaseasgeegasgeasg
    label jaeasgeseagaseasgeegasgeasg:
        if youjustgotthememberspass >= 1:
            scene Warth
[...]
            jump proSalon
        if collectvipcardplz >= 1:
            scene Warth
[...]
            jump proSalon
        else:
            jump sjopefjsepofjpsefojsefp
    label sjopefjsepofjpsefojsefp:
        if Haveyouhadbreakfast >= 1:
           scene Warth
[...]
           jump proSalon
        else:
           jump sihefoeihsfoiehfhoiehosefhoesiohsifheoihg
    label sihefoeihsfoiehfhoiehosefhoesiohsifheoihg:
        scene tyu (4)
[...]
        jump proSalon
It would be better to put each one in it's own label. This will clean the if structure and make it way more readable :
Code:
    label proElizawhat:
        if WineandIce >= 1:
            jump proElizawhat01
        elif youjustgotthememberspass >= 1:
            jump proElizawhat02
        elif collectvipcardplz >= 1:
            jump proElizawhat03
        elif Haveyouhadbreakfast >= 1:           jump proElizawhat04
        else:
           jump proElizawhat05
Then you create an "eliza.rpy" file, in which you put what was in each if block :
Code:
label proElizawhat01:
            scene Warth
            pause
            scene tyu (10)
            with fade
            e "Hey [player] what's up?"
            scene tyu (8)
            x "Oh where might I find some ice and wine? Brooke asked me to get some..."
            scene tyu (12)
            e "Well you can always access your minibar... Plus there should be a complementary bottle of wine or something...!"
            x "Thanks!"
            scene tyu (10)
            e "If you need anything else you know where to find me..."
            scene tyu (12)
            x "Thanks!"
            scene Warth
            with fade
            pause
            jump proSalon

label proElizawhat02:
   [...]

label proElizawhat03:
   [...]

label proElizawhat04:
   [...]

label proElizawhat05:
   [...]
Not only the "proElizawhat" label is now more readable, but you'll also clean a little the "script.rpy" file, making it more understandable.

Do the same with every room, moving the scenes in external ".rpy" files (whatever you grouped them by room, character or something else). At the end, not only the "script.rpy" will have less than 1000 lines (more if you keep the introduction in it), but it will also have a clear structure easy to update. In the same time, the scenes themselves will be more easy to find (since they'll be in the file related to the room, character or the other thing) this even if you keep the (so wrong) habit to "blindly and randomly key press" the names of your labels.

cockbowl

Apr 26, 2018
Not an awful experience. Defiantly something to wait for more options from though. Out of the family only your mother and Hailey are worth talking to imo.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Not an awful experience. Defiantly something to wait for more options from though. Out of the family only your mother and Hailey are worth talking to imo.
There will be no options you will do what the dev tells you to do and thats it or game over.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@ManicMinxy names in code should be clear and easy to read/understand. So when you go back to look at the code later, you can quickly figure out what it's supposed to do. Or in this case, easily see why the label is there and what it's supposed to represent.

article on variable names also applies to labels.

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
@ManicMinxy names in code should be clear and easy to read/understand. So when you go back to look at the code later, you can quickly figure out what it's supposed to do. Or in this case, easily see why the label is there and what it's supposed to represent.

article on variable names also applies to labels.
Hmm.. renpy labels are more like bookmarks rater than functions, and this game doesn't have that much of jumping around the code, I do agree however, and I can see how this could end up bitting the dev in the ass later on.

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Any word on the update or the progression of the update August has been a slow month for games :test2:

Aug 13, 2018
On android version of 1.37 I get a Fatal exception error just after breakfast on second day while trying to go to the activities. There is no way around it and I can not continue in the game. Will this be fixed in next update or do I jyst have a bad vopy.

CrazyAng3l

Jul 4, 2017
interesting game... it has potential it has barely any interaction or things to do and sisters scare me but i liked it :D

Butter Duck

Mar 5, 2018
what should i put on the relation between women and you ... i tried family and it didn't work even though i have the lewd patcher installed ... also is there any save file for after 1.3 .... i played it but i don't have the save file for it

CandyMan29

Nov 12, 2017
what should i put on the relation between women and you ... i tried family and it didn't work even though i have the lewd patcher installed ... also is there any save file for after 1.3 .... i played it but i don't have the save file for it

it should be family. did you try without any capital letters?

Mortimilian

Jun 8, 2018
I'm a little disappointed that it's been a month and there's still no news of an upcoming update. At least @ManicMinxy is still posting pics on Patreon, so I know he's not dead. Besides that, though, things have been awfully quiet.

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Is anyone on his discord server cause it seems like he doesn’t post a lot I can understand if irl stuff becomes involved but I guess I’m just asking does he post on there a lot or no ??

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Some Developers create Games as a hobby not as a job. It's still summers and holidays for College student, I guess. Maybe someone has something more interesting hobbies right now. Like laying lazy in some Hotel collecting ideas for a more Perverted Hotel...

Synergy_

ಠ_ಠ
Donor
May 17, 2017
Is anyone on his discord server cause it seems like he doesn’t post a lot I can understand if irl stuff becomes involved but I guess I’m just asking does he post on there a lot or no ??
Discord is kinda dead aside from the occasional 1 message per day from a patron asking about stuff.
Some Developers create Games as a hobby not as a job. It's still summers and holidays for College student, I guess. Maybe someone has something more interesting hobbies right now. Like laying lazy in some Hotel collecting ideas for a more Perverted Hotel...
Devs australian so they're probably busy with uni right now.

Devs releasing promo pics and custom pics for patrons regularly so i guess theyre active.

Reactions: ManicMinxy

ailemma

Oct 10, 2017
Ex-backer here, some of you are finally seeing how inconsistent this developer is with updating and game updates. After a 2-3 month wait on one of the updates, then presented with a buggy, short, and barely passable update, I removed my pledge. Looks like not much has changed unfortunately.

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes