3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I've started a new play through for this version, and I come up with a error near the beginning of the beach scene. Right after you put Alexa down. Is there a fix for this? I can ignore it and the game continues but I thought I'd mention this.
Hmmm I can't help you with this ... Try ignoring it. Does it say something like "[my boy ...." under the error?

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Sure, just not today. I'm too tired for that.
And I don't mind if someone else beats me to it, takes over and explains how my patch works and how you could change your script files to get the same results.
I'll try to find some time tomorrow for this. Depends on the local weather - if the heatwave continues and I can't do much outside without dropping dead, then I have time for other things while sitting near the air conditioner. :biggrin:
Thanks a lot ^-^ I swear I need more tech savvy people like you helping me out with coding ~ I'm still here making labels that are nonsense

Zach morris

Apr 22, 2018
HAhaha I had to use a female model to substitute for a male model. In HS I think the male models look really crap
I'm having problems with the apk android version of this game. Every time I go to the activities section a grey screen pops up and I can't go meet brooke in the sauna

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Hmmm I can't help you with this ... Try ignoring it. Does it say something like "[my boy ...." under the error?
This is the error message:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5223, in script
    m "I nearly forgot about you [my boy... You are a part of this [family] now... You need to put some on!"
Exception: String u'I nearly forgot about you [my boy... You are a part of this [family] now... You need to put some on!' ends with an open format operation.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5223, in script
    m "I nearly forgot about you [my boy... You are a part of this [family] now... You need to put some on!"
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\APervertedHotel-1.37-win\renpy\ast.py", line 613, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\APervertedHotel-1.37-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1147, in say
    who(what, interact=interact)
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\APervertedHotel-1.37-win\renpy\character.py", line 868, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\APervertedHotel-1.37-win\renpy\character.py", line 850, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\APervertedHotel-1.37-win\renpy\substitutions.py", line 232, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 572, in _vformat
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Novels\APervertedHotel-1.37-win\renpy\substitutions.py", line 157, in parse
    raise Exception("String {0!r} ends with an open format operation.".format(s))
Exception: String u'I nearly forgot about you [my boy... You are a part of this [family] now... You need to put some on!' ends with an open format operation.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Perverted Hotel 1.37

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Hey, can you tell me how your patch works to make old saves work fine? Is there a way to integrate this into my game (which I believe does not work with old saves)?
A fair warning:
I tend to write a lot, possibly too much when I'm trying to explain something, so I apologize for that. Just try to bear with me.

I would also like to warn you that there are far better Ren'Py programmers here at F95. When it comes to Ren'Py, I'm just one of the guys who is talking about the things he knows about, not always a guy who knows what he's talking about. :winkytongue:

I haven't created any working game myself in Ren'Py, just dabbling around other peoples code, Ren'Py Wiki and Lemma forums when needed.

About for your game and how it works:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now about the things you could change in your code to get the same results:

To make sure that you understand what I was talking about, I actually took the script.rpy from the v1.37 of your game and modified it the way I described for option 1, so you'd have an example of what I tried to explain.
Obviously you don't have to move all the already existing variables into the init section (from the organizational point of view it would make sense, though), just add any new ones there, so you won't have trouble breaking old saves without declaring their (default) values on every possible path of the game, as you did with vpunch4s.

I tested this modified script a little and it seems to run fine with old saves and from the start.

Also, anyone else interested about it can test it with v1.37

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
A fair warning:
I tend to write a lot, possibly too much when I'm trying to explain something, so I apologize for that. Just try to bear with me.

I would also like to warn you that there are far better Ren'Py programmers here at F95. When it comes to Ren'Py, I'm just one of the guys who is talking about the things he knows about, not always a guy who knows what he's talking about. :winkytongue:

I haven't created any working game myself in Ren'Py, just dabbling around other peoples code, Ren'Py Wiki and Lemma forums when needed.

To make sure that you understand what I was talking about, I actually took the script.rpy from the v1.37 of your game and modified it the way I described for option 1, so you'd have an example of what I tried to explain.
Obviously you don't have to move all the already existing variables into the init section (from the organizational point of view it would make sense, though), just add any new ones there, so you won't have trouble breaking old saves without declaring their (default) values on every possible path of the game, as you did with vpunch4s.

I tested this modified script a little and it seems to run fine with old saves and from the start.

As a geek (and Python, but not necessarily Ren'Py, programmer) I appreciate your in-depth explanations! I learned some stuff!

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Oh, I'm sure damn hoping that I got it right and my recommendations about the changes aren't going to bite my ass later on :rolleyes:

Reactions: ManicMinxy

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
A fair warning:

Oh my, too long ! I'm going to have to finish reading this tomorrow xD its 2AM here

Reactions: Penfold Mole

konrune

Dec 20, 2017
Nice work you got there
Totally my favorite kind of CG style
As far from what I see, I didn't see any option to view the scenes so I take it as I can view it after I finished the game?
And uh I do like to know actually apart from family what relationship can the characters have?
I tried some of relationship that I could think of but seems to be the wrong one.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Nice work you got there
Totally my favorite kind of CG style
As far from what I see, I didn't see any option to view the scenes so I take it as I can view it after I finished the game?
And uh I do like to know actually apart from family what relationship can the characters have?
I tried some of relationship that I could think of but seems to be the wrong one.
Bad assumption. So far, this game does not have a CG gallery.

As has been answered in recent past posts, the only current options for the starting relationship question is "family" or censorship mode.

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
First of all, nice work, I like the game thus far.

ManicMinxy, I hope you don't mind me posting some bugs here?

On some proper criticism, I would say that the ending of Brooke's Spa scene is quite abrupt? it would benefit from having a "See ya later Bro" line or something like that, just so the player knows the scene is over and didn't just bug out.
Also, I don't know if it's a plot hole or what, but the fact that Maddison and the girls are being regarded as just guests and still Eliza states several times that her job not only depends on her, but she was also trained by her? it clearly raises some questions I know I would have.

In any case, I'll be looking out for the next update, keep up the good job.

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
Although not much in the game now this game is truly unique and artistic. The way every character moved their eyebrows, tiny movements, facial expressions after almost every word I must say I have an admiration for this developer, it must have taken her a lot of time to code and render all that. This game could evolve into something truly amazing if the dev keeps up with it.

Couple of complaints though, the navigation is dull especially if you don't use a mouse, for some reason the find a wine and ice quest can be repeated even though brooke is out of the sauna, and these god damn censors ... Do you have a censors fetish or something? Girls eyes are censored on certain pics, and a lot of text is censored aswel

Reactions: ManicMinxy

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Although not much in the game now this game is truly unique and artistic. The way every character moved their eyebrows, tiny movements, facial expressions after almost every word I must say I have an admiration for this developer, it must have taken her a lot of time to code and render all that. This game could evolve into something truly amazing if the dev keeps up with it.

Couple of complaints though, the navigation is dull especially if you don't use a mouse, for some reason the find a wine and ice quest can be repeated even though brooke is out of the sauna, and these god damn censors ... Do you have a censors fetish or something? Girls eyes are censored on certain pics, and a lot of text is censored aswel
Unfortunately, this game has obviously only been designed with a mouse in mind so far. Trying to use a gamepad is really difficult. I hope this will be addressed as the game develops.

The Brooke ice-wine-glasses quest is an end-of-scenario situation that has not yet been tidied up. If is expected to continue if future versions. It does cause confusion though since it does not neatly end the quest line and leaves you with that looping quest.

The only time text should be censored is if you did not choose "family" for the game start relationship question. I have no idea what you mean by "Girls eyes are censored".

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
Version 1.37 crahes right after loading save from version 1.3. The script from Penfold Mole didn't help. No other patch was installed. I only unpacked the zip, started the game and loaded the last save (older didn't work either).

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
I chose anything in the game start, said "sorry we're unable to do this now" or smthn and took me back to the same screen, I just gave up and continued censored which sucks

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes