3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I ain't gonna type a long post about it. I just feel he handled this poorly, and before people call me a dick. I'm not referring to handling it poorly due to his life and such. Fair enough if life stopped him developing anything but he still took the money. There's no excuse for that. If you are being paid to deliver and you don't deliver, you shouldn't be paid. I don't see any reasonable excuse as why he should keep the money when he hasn't provided what was paid for thus far.

Closing statement because I'm pretty much done with this game; Be careful with your investments. Game is good, could be one of the best. I echo that time and again. But the development has been poor. You take money, don't deliver, say sorry, people are still out of pocket. It's not fair on those people.
Pretty much this.

Everyone is a social justice warrior on the internet. Don't blame Jimmy he has issues. I'm sorry but if I am donating to Jimmy college fund and promises have been made but not kept then I will blame Jimmy.

I hope the Dev gets well but he had other opportunities to protect his patrons like freezing pledges or setting the biling to next major release then taking a health break. He didn't. He continued to charge people despite knowing months ago he was having issues and lacking motivation. That aint cool.

The game itself is decent. I hope the dev continues but for me i'm once bitten, twice shy.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018

Hi Maniacs!
I know... I've been away for too long!
I know you are all anticipating a substantial update for Perverted Hotel! Here is what I'll say about that:
In the past, I gave a date on patreon on when I expected an update will be posted. This was a mistake seeing that at that time I haven't even finished that update. The date acted as essentially a deadline to me. I thought that it would motivate me to fully complete the update by that time but what ended up happening was, the work got so overwhelming I missed two deadlines that I set out for myself!
With that said, all I could say is since my family issues have cleared since the end of December, and I finished my semester of university late November, this means that I'm finally getting time to work on the game semi-full time!
While I still have my regular casual job that I have to do, I think my progress will still be a bit quicker that what it was in the last few months (which was... almost no updates at all xD)
I'm going to try and be more active on Patreon and Discord. I think the most damaging thing I did to this community was not posting an update but rather refusing to communicate altogether. I am going to try and change that !
In addition to all that, this time, I'm only going to post a date on when an update will come out once I've finished the game. This would give me time to preemptively work on the next update, and potentially for it to be beta-tested more often.
Thanks everyone ^-^

aolli

Nov 15, 2018

Hi Maniacs!
I know you are all anticipating a substantial update for Perverted Hotel! Here is what I'll say about that:
In the past, I gave a date on patreon on when I expected an update will be posted. This was a mistake seeing that at that time I haven't even finished that update. The date acted as essentially a deadline to me. I thought that it would motivate me to fully complete the update by that time but what ended up happening was, the work got so overwhelming I missed two deadlines that I set out for myself!
With that said, all I could say is since my family issues have cleared since the end of December, and I finished my semester of university late November, this means that I'm finally getting time to work on the game semi-full time!
While I still have my regular casual job that I have to do, I think my progress will still be a bit quicker that what it was in the last few months (which was... almost no updates at all xD)
I'm going to try and be more active on Patreon and Discord. I think the most damaging thing I did to this community was not posting an update but rather refusing to communicate altogether. I am going to try and change that !
In addition to all that, this time, I'm only going to post a date on when an update will come out once I've finished the game. This would give me time to preemptively work on the next update, and potentially for it to be beta-tested more often.
Thanks everyone ^-^
I'm gonna choose to be optomistic about this, minxy seems to realise that the lack of communication was a bigger problem than the lack of development. I really hope he comes out fully motivated because this game is great so far and it's been a real shame having it sit undeveloped.

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017

Hi Maniacs!
Thanks everyone ^-^
fa1802fa8052dd55078a429e2c2e35ef7ef28a89_hq.gif

It's good he's updating us more frequently. I just hope that the updates are decent in size. I personally think anything like the most recent update will hurt the game. Not complaining but he says it's substantial and I hope that's the case, especially with hints of moving onto Mom. While I agree no 'date' is probably best, I hope he doesn't use this as a means of not updating us still. But we'll see, honestly a preview image every 2 weeks or so will keep me happy.

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Hey Everyone!

Okay... First of all I'll start off by saying I know I haven't been on this website for sometime! I still feel a bit confronted and my anxiety peak a little when I get on here (see why in the December development update) but none the less this website has helped me through a lot of issues with development in the past and I am going to try and brave through that for the benefit of feedback and keeping in touch with you all!

With all that said, I know a lot of you are frustrated for not delivering an update in these last few months. There were never any direct promises to that affect, but not communicating with anyone and not informing of you all about my hiatus means that I've done something inherently misleading and wrong. I'm sorry about that!

Right now I'm continuing with development and I've created more than half of the required scenes for the upcoming update (but it's only less than 600 CG since there were some really tricky scenes (scenes with more than 1 character, scenes with bubbles...). I do hope to reach a small narrative arc before chapter 2 /day 2 ends though!

Can't wait for you all to see it! And I can't wait for some delightful banter with you all on f95zone.. I'll be trying to get through all your comments ^-^

-Manic

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Oh my thank you for making a graph of this (honestly)! 6 months ... Holy crap... Honestly, it doesn't feel that long since I've made an update but now that I see this I'm questioning my memory... I guess with all the shit I had to go through in the last few months the idea of an update just left my mind ... Sorry guys

-M

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
You know, I'm a programmer and a writer myself. I don't start projects that I don't complete. However, I do not do such a thing full-time but only part-time. Therefore I think that I know very well what I can criticize and what not.
Throughout the 5 months of not making an update I actually always intended on completing the game! There are just too many narrative payoffs and CG that I've created and made that would go to waste if I just randomly decided to quit !

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
From what I remember, Minxy is Australian and is a University student. I'm pretty sure that by now the University year is over. Here's hoping Minxy has more free time to work on the game now.
Yes and yes and yes...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Update will be ready when it is ready and it is recent work, so do not expect 4 months of work in the update. Considering some remarks dev made about personal situation, wiser to just let her work and get back in the flow for both players and dev.

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
Hey Everyone!

Okay... First of all I'll start off by saying I know I haven't been on this website for sometime! I still feel a bit confronted and my anxiety peak a little when I get on here (see why in the December development update) but none the less this website has helped me through a lot of issues with development in the past and I am going to try and brave through that for the benefit of feedback and keeping in touch with you all!

With all that said, I know a lot of you are frustrated for not delivering an update in these last few months. There were never any direct promises to that affect, but not communicating with anyone and not informing of you all about my hiatus means that I've done something inherently misleading and wrong. I'm sorry about that!

Right now I'm continuing with development and I've created more than half of the required scenes for the upcoming update (but it's only less than 600 CG since there were some really tricky scenes (scenes with more than 1 character, scenes with bubbles...). I do hope to reach a small narrative arc before chapter 2 /day 2 ends though!

Can't wait for you all to see it! And I can't wait for some delightful banter with you all on f95zone.. I'll be trying to get through all your comments ^-^

-Manic
Do ur best, man
well i'm not trying to be a good guy here, but i'll keep saying that there's always a chance to rebuild anything we lose no matter how slightest it is

so, welcome back and maximum effort for bringing ur game back alive :D

oh and one more thing, she's awake already
local wolfgirl awaken.png

let's make some noise then, moderately

RainMan92

Apr 23, 2018
Few months ago he said that he already did so much for new update, and that he wants even bigger update. I am sure that he is only a big lier and milker, and u will see update maybe for 2 months. I found this game 1 year ago, and meanwhile we got ONE micro update 2 mins long.

PointBravo

Jun 23, 2017
Hey Everyone!

-Manic
All I can say is that you're putting together one of the best plots I've seen amongst dozens of VNs I've tried. Maybe the level of frustation and disappointments around here is directly proportional to the quality of your work and the expectation it has created. Of course, that doesn't justify some hard stuff that was written, but I think it is a good way for you to absorb it. It is clear to me that a better communication would've avoided must of what was said.

I hope (and I must emphasize here that I REALLY hope) that you go through all difficulties you're having and continue to work in this VN. It is original, it has variety of characters, personalities, events, it is dynamic, well written, etc etc, unlike most of what we find here.

Thanks for coming back, do your best to keep a solid line of communication and congrats on your work.

Best regards.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Well there is good games out there that is getting close and even better than this like

These guys atleast updates there games regularly.

Well. We shouldn't be so hard on this guy. Some could had happened for what we know.
Waiting for the next update maybe he'll tell whats up.
this one was quite unique though, I really liked how the family is so agressive with MC, I hope manicminxy get his shit together and starts being somewhat consistent again

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes