4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
That is sad, people need to stick to contracts once negotiated. How can you work with someone if they are going to suddenly change their mind? Sorry you have to deal with that SW. We do appreciate the effort though!
People love you SuperWriter
The ref:
Actually, I may have to stop the voice acting because a couple of the actresses want way more money than I'm willing to give -_-'

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" I heard it and I hate the phrase. It's one of "Be grateful and don't question it" words. Can't I be grateful and curious? Some questions are stupid and hateful for sure but other are merely curious or blunt. One of a guy who asked about animation is just worried that dev don't have enough time to give to story. Anyway the questions or complains in PP are pretty mild compare to other threads.

I´m pretty sure the "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" was only refering to big haters who can´t give constructiv information or critics. The last part

Seriously, for the complainers, if you have a comment, make it constructive. Devs like to hear about actual errors or weird issues like "Hmm, Miracle's arm seems to be clipping in this scene", or "I am confused about this dialog choice, it doesn't make sense to me", etc. Or even, "I don't agree with this character's motivation. She wouldn't act like that." If its fair, and its your own opinion, have at it. Just to complain about extra features added so shortly after a full release, is pretty petty and unfair in my opinion.
makes this pretty clear. ofc you can be greatful and curious at the same time. The difference is, how somebody approach it.
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" is the same like I think. If somebody has nothing more to say than insults or hating (and I don´t only mean for this game here), he/she should leave and just shut up.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
It's the internet, someones ALWAYS complains.

I don't know why you personally are creating this game of yours.

My guess is always because you want to. You wanna tell a story. Or you got an idea you wanna realize.
You know artist sometimes do create creative things just for the heck of it. So do it.

You feel like animations and music intensifies or helps better express your work or aspects thereof,
then go for it. Or maybe you just feel like it's a nice little addition. It don't matter, it's your work.

That's whay I am always sceptical of those paytron votes some devs put up.
Makes you the internet's bi*ch. Don't be. Create what you feel like. Or don't.

Anyhow good game you got going here (or there?). I like it.

My only gripe is: What did you do to Miracle's curly long hair?! :cry:
Will she/we get it back?!

lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
So...is it supposed to just randomly end with no warning the morning after the hotel room? Seems like a strange place for it to end. I had to reload and play through the last 5 minutes or so again just to save it before that.
That's a bug that has to do with a variable being missing from your preexisting save - you'll probably need to start over so that you can get the "had sex with Paris" variable flagged properly. (this happened to me too, fwiw)

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
I´m pretty sure the "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" was only refering to big haters who can´t give constructiv information or critics. The last part

makes this pretty clear. ofc you can be greatful and curious at the same time. The difference is, how somebody approach it.
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" is the same like I think. If somebody has nothing more to say than insults or hating (and I don´t only mean for this game here), he/she should leave and just shut up.
Since when that we can just tell hater shoo shoo and they're gone. I understand the guy intention of using that phrase. It's just I hate its meaning. I'm not gonna say more because it'll be too far from topic.

My guess is always because you want to. You wanna tell a story. Or you got an idea you wanna realize.
You know artist sometimes do create creative things just for the heck of it. So do it.

You feel like animations and music intensifies or helps better express your work or aspects thereof,
then go for it. Or maybe you just feel like it's a nice little addition. It don't matter, it's your work.

Next update I think. I bet she just used hair straightener ( the thing that use to iron hair).

Reactions: Unexpected Error

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
Since when that we can just tell hater shoo shoo and they're gone. I understand the guy intention of using that phrase. It's just I hate its meaning. I'm not gonna say more because it'll be too far from topic.
Yeah I get what you mean, and yes it would be a bit to far from topic. Would be great if a "shoo shoo" would make haters go away. :p but don´t shoo shoo them and they multiply even more. Haha. either way as long as its constructive "the complaints or even the shoo shoo" its all good.
I´m not saying anything more about that too, since it went offtopic already and could go on for months and years. Let us just agree to not agree with ungreatful unconstructive haters. :p

I have to admit, I kinda understand some devs. If you want to make something big and nice, you need many resources (hair, cloths,locations ect.) for your renders and they are pretty expencive. You can easy get in the thousands of dollars and if you have to hire people because you don´t have time or experience with animations or other things you want to add, it can get over your head pretty quick. Ofc that doesn´t mean that a dev has to become a internet "bitch" for the people, but if he does and the game does great I don´t mind at all, as long as its not the typical "milk the patreon and never finish a game" thing.

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Ok. Last comment on the "gift horse in the mouth" phase, I promise. Here is what I meant. I was taught that if someone gives you a gift in good faith, even if its a piece of junk, you say thank you and move on. Let's say they give you a model car and its a model that you hate or the door is loose, etc. It is not polite to say, "I'd prefer a Ford Mustang" or "Hmm, I don't really like it, the door is loose." Just say thank you. Give it away or toss it when they aren't looking if you really hate it.

As far as Picture Perfect is concerned, I think constructive criticism is good, and I've seen very few devs have any problem with it. Comments like "I don't like x's new hair style" or "This scene is too bright", etc. These are all comments to try to make the game better, and I think most devs like these kind of comments. They may not agree, but we are all free to express our opinion. On the other hand, comments like, "Gee a new update and all I get is some music. What a joke." or "Two months and the update is only 5 minutes long. This is ridiculous." (I am paraphrasing), what is a dev supposed to do with this? Makes them not want to make minor improvements to their game, just because of the complainers.

max6325974

Feb 21, 2018
Is it just me or the new animations don't play at all? I even started a new game but animations won't play
EDIT: It's the walkthrough mod. It kinda breaks the update, keep it in mind if you want to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unexpected Error

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Ok. Last comment on the "gift horse in the mouth" phase, I promise. Here is what I meant. I was taught that if someone gives you a gift in good faith, even if its a piece of junk, you say thank you and move on. Let's say they give you a model car and its a model that you hate or the door is loose, etc. It is not polite to say, "I'd prefer a Ford Mustang" or "Hmm, I don't really like it, the door is loose." Just say thank you. Give it away or toss it when they aren't looking if you really hate it.

As far as Picture Perfect is concerned, I think constructive criticism is good, and I've seen very few devs have any problem with it. Comments like "I don't like x's new hair style" or "This scene is too bright", etc. These are all comments to try to make the game better, and I think most devs like these kind of comments. They may not agree, but we are all free to express our opinion. On the other hand, comments like, "Gee a new update and all I get is some music. What a joke." or "Two months and the update is only 5 minutes long. This is ridiculous." (I am paraphrasing), what is a dev supposed to do with this? Makes them not want to make minor improvements to their game, just because of the complainers.
Well we were raised differently is the summary of that phrase debate. "Two months and the update is only 5 minutes long. This is ridiculous." Unless dev can explain why, it is ridiculous. Just say it "I have real life problems, my rig is shit so the render is slow, I'm on vacation, I have to rewrite the code or something etc." Many people are reasonable but small update in a long time without a reason is milking.
If you're using the walkthrough mod (which is probably outdated since the new update) it might break some things
Yes. Use manual walkthrough for now.

max6325974

Feb 21, 2018
I just wanted to say this to the developer, there is a difference between constructive criticism and straight up demanding and asking for stuff like a parasite, I bet half of them are not even patreons, even if they were there is this amazing thing called "Sugggestion", instead of being an ass about it because they feel entitled. Don't listen to these people, take this game in the direction it's going right now, with the suggestions of people you think make sense, the pacing is great. And honestly this update was amazing, I'm pretty sure it was a lot of work, people think animations are easy to make and trust me, i know it's not a piece of cake. The music really is nice, it is refreshing and it was really well put adequately between scene transitions, Its nice to hear something different from all the 1000 games that have the same fcking music. These ones were actually nice to listen to.. Keep it up dev. You're doing a great job.

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
Well we were raised differently is the summary of that phrase debate. "Two months and the update is only 5 minutes long. This is ridiculous." Unless dev can explain why, it is ridiculous. Just say it "I have real life problems, my rig is shit so the render is slow, I'm on vacation, I have to rewrite the code or something etc." Many people are reasonable but small update in a long time without a reason is milking.

Yes. Use manual walkthrough for now.
It is milking when you get money for it, yes. And on that I´m on your side. BUT also, nobody forces you (or people in general) to go on patreon and pay. :p This is an endless discusion and everybody will have different opinions on that. If I only pay on patreon to hate on stuff afterwards (and again I don´t mean constructive critics) why did I pay in the first place? I pay on patreon to support and because I like something, not because I´m a hater. In other words, the phrase that was used does not mean the patreons. ^^

Reactions: darth_hiruma

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Haters gonna hate, no mather what you do or you don´t do. On the other hand, fans will always have your back and give you a good idea on what could be a good addition or change. In the end its your choice only and people forget, that they hate on stuff they get for free from someone who trys to entertain them and not even asks for anything in return. Its a bummer that we live in a world where everything is taken as given and like it would be okay to hate on hard work somebody else does for them. Since I started my own project a few weeks ago, I had to learn daz 3D, renpy , and stuff like Photoshop and gimp from the scratch (never had anything to do with it before) I know what work is behind a project like that. Reading some comments in this forum seriously get under my skin for their ignorance and stupidity, and I don´t even know if I will release my own project anytime soon, because I feel like I won´t finsh my own project with those haters who forget that they don´t have the right to expect anything, yet they bark around.

People should be happy that updates happen, no matter how big or relevant. Other games simply die out and never get finished. So I´m happy that you still work on the project even when haters do what they can best. Hating free stuff sombody else does to entertain them. Let them hate, let them cry, do your own thing, thats the best way to do it and that on your own pace.

As far as I can see, its great work. And I love Sasha. :love:
You're doing great with the story. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm a fan of PP. I just thought I could give my honest opinion and maybe an advise. It was just the way I see it. Feel free to continue the way you think it matches perfect for you. I won't complain. It's not my right to. You have to be happy with your game. It will always be YOUR game. I'm just a player. It's the same with big tripple A titles for the main stream. If I don't like it, I'm free to choose not to play it.
But long story short: I'm happy with the game, depending the story, as it is and will (im)patiently wait for more story updates. And you keep working like you want. :)
Seriously? I thought you were a long-time seasoned developer. Your renders are great (I especially liked Sasha's dress in the play. It a nice, sexy contrast to her usual clothing). Awesome job with Picture Perfect (and your work on other games). Don't listen to the over-entitled complainers. I am sure there is a similar expression around the world, but has anyone ever heard "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?". Sheesh.

Picture Perfect is a gift to all of us, and I think it is excellent. Sure, there are some rough-edges from time to time, but if my saves don't work I just start way back in mid-game or the beginning and hold down control. It's not like you have to grind stats or anything. I don't mind seeing sexy images of Sasha or Miracle again, even in high speed.

Seriously, for the complainers, if you have a comment, make it constructive. Devs like to hear about actual errors or weird issues like "Hmm, Miracle's arm seems to be clipping in this scene", or "I am confused about this dialog choice, it doesn't make sense to me", etc. Or even, "I don't agree with this character's motivation. She wouldn't act like that." If its fair, and its your own opinion, have at it. Just to complain about extra features added so shortly after a full release, is pretty petty and unfair in my opinion.
That is sad, people need to stick to contracts once negotiated. How can you work with someone if they are going to suddenly change their mind? Sorry you have to deal with that SW. We do appreciate the effort though!

Lol You mean Miracle's hair that is in a bun. All she did was get dressed up for a party by Paris. There are no permanent changes

I just wanted to say this to the developer, there is a difference between constructive criticism and straight up demanding and asking for stuff like a parasite, I bet half of them are not even patreons, even if they were there is this amazing thing called "Sugggestion", instead of being an ass about it because they feel entitled. Don't listen to these people, take this game in the direction it's going right now, with the suggestions of people you think make sense, the pacing is great. And honestly this update was amazing, I'm pretty sure it was a lot of work, people think animations are easy to make and trust me, i know it's not a piece of cake. The music really is nice, it is refreshing and it was really well put adequately between scene transitions, Its nice to hear something different from all the 1000 games that have the same fcking music. These ones were actually nice to listen to.. Keep it up dev. You're doing a great job.
But to all of you I have quoted, I seriously appreciate your comments because I'm just a normal guy who just decided to make games he loves and think people would like too.

So people just complaining when I'm spending time searching for music and paying out of pocket for animations kind of gets you down "all you did was add shitty music? Get back to work to update the game you literally updated 2 weeks ago"

Creating a video game is A LOT of work. And I do EVERYTHING myself, besides the animations, so I really appreciate when people respect the all-nighters and hours upon hours I put in every day.

Thank you, guys

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
So people just complaining when I'm spending time searching for music and paying out of pocket for animations kind of gets you down "all you did was add shitty music? Get back to work to update the game you literally updated 2 weeks ago"
Can't say much about music. It's ok for me. Nothing's break immersion. But I feel you with "all you did was add shitty music?" Man I can find the best music that fit the moment perfectly but the price and copyrights you know. I'm not gonna pay one bit just for 10 points homework prof.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Can't say much about music. It's ok for me. Nothing's break immersion. But I feel you with "all you did was add shitty music?" Man I can find the best music that fit the moment perfectly but the price and copyrights you know. I'm not gonna pay one bit just for 10 points homework prof.
By the way :ROFLMAO:
Beat me to it! ;-)

4.00 star(s) 107 Votes