4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Lol You mean Miracle's hair that is in a bun. All she did was get dressed up for a party by Paris. There are no permanent changes

But to all of you I have quoted, I seriously appreciate your comments because I'm just a normal guy who just decided to make games he loves and think people would like too.

So people just complaining when I'm spending time searching for music and paying out of pocket for animations kind of gets you down "all you did was add shitty music? Get back to work to update the game you literally updated 2 weeks ago"

Creating a video game is A LOT of work. And I do EVERYTHING myself, besides the animations, so I really appreciate when people respect the all-nighters and hours upon hours I put in every day.

Thank you, guys
Well, I love you Super. You impressed me with PP, I like what you've done with the game. You haven't rested on your laurels, instead you've added to the game. When I first played it the only lewd scene was with Paris, since then the game has grown, you've added VA (which had to go away), animations, and music. So many developers don't bother with any of that. You actually take pride in the final product you present to your audience and that is very endearing.

And that doesn't end with PP, you're working on rewriting, revamping and relaunching SS, retooling HFC, you've added Short VN's, and you've asked your patrons for ideas of new game ideas to develop. I support a few different people on Patreon and you are the most active and engaged one man developer that I've seen, by far. I am thoroughly impressed and I look forward to each installment and game.

tenor4.gif

(So.... Any chance of a new game about a town populated by a lot of redheaded women who need to be saved? :ROFLMAO: )

D

Deleted member 2282431

Choosing the wrong answer for the fight does not block anything. Missing a string of her points does. And I understand you don't like that Miracle got dressed up for a party, but you don't need to sound so angry lol.
It just shows you how passionate gamers are about their LI's and how deep we immerse ourselves in the story. When stuff doesn't make sense to our interpretation of the story, we sometimes get triggered. I really liked the game up until then (like top 3) but that whole thing felt like it should have been a dream rather that reality... It just felt so absolutely out of context it made me bitter to the point where I withdrew my pledge and don't think I will continue forward in gameplay.

I know it's your game and don't give a shit how one gamer feels but certain devs make choices and defend them no matter what. Sumodeine did it by stating that Nicky would not be a LI after we spent the entire game chasing her and growing more & more attached to her and Viitgames did the same thing by when you finally admit your love for Haley you get a tale of statutory rape to destroy everything... Both those games were favs of mine and I was also a long time supporter of them but abandoned both my pledges and the games themselves due to arbitrary decisions in the storyline.

D

Deleted member 59977

Lol You mean Miracle's hair that is in a bun. All she did was get dressed up for a party by Paris. There are no permanent changes

But to all of you I have quoted, I seriously appreciate your comments because I'm just a normal guy who just decided to make games he loves and think people would like too.

So people just complaining when I'm spending time searching for music and paying out of pocket for animations kind of gets you down "all you did was add shitty music? Get back to work to update the game you literally updated 2 weeks ago"

Creating a video game is A LOT of work. And I do EVERYTHING myself, besides the animations, so I really appreciate when people respect the all-nighters and hours upon hours I put in every day.

Thank you, guys
Sure it is a lot of work and its great that you have pulled all nighters. But at the same time I think you need to set expectations and redefine your goals. In the end its the final result that matters - the output that you can produce and not how much time you spent working on it. You could spend a year working hard on a feature nobody cares about. That does not make your work invalid but at the same time I would argue that its a waste of time because there was no demand for it in the first place. In the development world this is overengineering - overengineering from a pure technical perspective is good because it makes your product more efficient, the design is nicer etc. But it is widely considered to be a very bad thing to do because the costs of developer time and the opportunity cost is simply not worth the small increase in benefits it can get you.

So you need to ask yourself the following questions: 1. What are your short/long term goals ? How can you break down this into achievable tasks 2. What is the impact of these deliverables? As in is working on your current goal the best use of your time? Why do task X instead of task Y? The metric you use to define your impact is your choice

Once you are done with this I think you should set the correct expectations with the people who play your game. If people know what they signed up for and what to expect from your end then there would be less complaining I think. Remember that people cannot see and unfortunately most do not care about the work that goes into a product. They can only see the end result.

Note that I am not asking you to change your workflow - if you think your goals are solid and if you have been spending your time in the best possible way to achieve them then do not change a thing. Its your game so the goals should be something you set in a way that makes sense for you. But I do think there are people who play your game who are not on the same page as you with your goals - they come in expecting something else and are left disappointed which is why they complain. If these people knew what your goals were, if they knew what to expect and if they agreed with your goals (does not matter with people who play your games for free but your patreons should be aligned with your goals) and they saw that you were making good use of your time making progress towards the goals I believe there would be much less complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Your renders are fantastic and Sasha seriously has one of the prettiest faces and bodies of any VN girls, but the full body tats and that rat looking bush really kills her look. Seems the tats and bush would fit Paris look and personality better. I mean really, have you ever seen such a beautiful prim and proper looking blond IRL covered in tats like that? Just doesnt fit

Reactions: Hybris

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
Your renders are fantastic and Sasha seriously has one of the prettiest faces and bodies of any VN girls, but the full body tats and that rat looking bush really kills her look. Seems the tats and bush would fit Paris look and personality better. I mean really, have you ever seen such a beautiful prim and proper looking blond IRL covered in tats like that? Just doesnt fit

I have seen many beautiful prim and proper blonds with that many and even more tats, and it fits them well as they do on Sasha. The tats even fit her personality pretty well. I do agree on the bush tho...but I wouldn´t go so far to say it kills her look. Besides tats and the bush are both a mather of taste. Some don´t like it some do. I for instance can´t see anything beautiful on Paris. She looks like she had 1-10 to many faceliftings to me and I don´t even like her personality that much. If you search something to not like, you will always find something you don´t like. There will always be someone who doesn´t like something,even on AAA titles. :p

Oct 22, 2017
The game is fine I guess, but what's up with the decision to significantly change the appearance of the ladies right before a sex scene happens lol. It's so off-putting. First it was Paris with the makeup and then it was changing Miracle's hair and makeup style.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
I know it's your game and don't give a shit how one gamer feels but certain devs make choices and defend them no matter what. Sumodeine did it by stating that Nicky would not be a LI after we spent the entire game chasing her and growing more & more attached to her and Viitgames did the same thing by when you finally admit your love for Haley you get a tale of statutory rape to destroy everything... Both those games were favs of mine and I was also a long time supporter of them but abandoned both my pledges and the games themselves due to arbitrary decisions in the storyline.
Ah the tales of unpopular decisions.
Haley's story rape story isn't that bad. It's still savagable. And Sumodeine had to make a new ending.
You don't like it and you express your thought. Let's leave it at that. Let the democracy do the work. If majority think the same as you, dev will have to adapt.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Well, I love you Super. You impressed me with PP, I like what you've done with the game. You haven't rested on your laurels, instead you've added to the game. When I first played it the only lewd scene was with Paris, since then the game has grown, you've added VA (which had to go away), animations, and music. So many developers don't bother with any of that. You actually take pride in the final product you present to your audience and that is very endearing.

And that doesn't end with PP, you're working on rewriting, revamping and relaunching SS, retooling HFC, you've added Short VN's, and you've asked your patrons for ideas of new game ideas to develop. I support a few different people on Patreon and you are the most active and engaged one man developer that I've seen, by far. I am thoroughly impressed and I look forward to each installment and game.

View attachment 674767

(So.... Any chance of a new game about a town populated by a lot of redheaded women who need to be saved? :ROFLMAO: )
Thanks, Mr. Friendly. I LOVE creating these stories, so I'm glad my passion is being recognized by even 1 person because I take this very serious.

And Lol You really like your redheads, don't you? Well, SS has 2 if that helps anything =D

It just shows you how passionate gamers are about their LI's and how deep we immerse ourselves in the story. When stuff doesn't make sense to our interpretation of the story, we sometimes get triggered. I really liked the game up until then (like top 3) but that whole thing felt like it should have been a dream rather that reality... It just felt so absolutely out of context it made me bitter to the point where I withdrew my pledge and don't think I will continue forward in gameplay.

I understand, but getting triggered by anything you don't like in life is not a way to handle things, I think. When you don't like something, I think you should just move on instead of complaining, you know? Or at least the voice year concerns in a constructive manner because I promise you complaining at me is not going to make me want to listen lol.

But I am always up for a conversation. Always

Sure it is a lot of work and its great that you have pulled all nighters. But at the same time I think you need to set expectations and redefine your goals. In the end its the final result that matters - the output that you can produce and not how much time you spent working on it. You could spend a year working hard on a feature nobody cares about. That does not make your work invalid but at the same time I would argue that its a waste of time because there was no demand for it in the first place. In the development world this is overengineering - overengineering from a pure technical perspective is good because it makes your product more efficient, the design is nicer etc. But it is widely considered to be a very bad thing to do because the costs of developer time and the opportunity cost is simply not worth the small increase in benefits it can get you.

So you need to ask yourself the following questions: 1. What are your short/long term goals ? How can you break down this into achievable tasks 2. What is the impact of these deliverables? As in is working on your current goal the best use of your time? Why do task X instead of task Y? The metric you use to define your impact is your choice

Once you are done with this I think you should set the correct expectations with the people who play your game. If people know what they signed up for and what to expect from your end then there would be less complaining I think. Remember that people cannot see and unfortunately most do not care about the work that goes into a product. They can only see the end result.

Note that I am not asking you to change your workflow - if you think your goals are solid and if you have been spending your time in the best possible way to achieve them then do not change a thing. Its your game so the goals should be something you set in a way that makes sense for you. But I do think there are people who play your game who are not on the same page as you with your goals - they come in expecting something else and are left disappointed which is why they complain. If these people knew what your goals were, if they knew what to expect and if they agreed with your goals (does not matter with people who play your games for free but your patreons should be aligned with your goals) and they saw that you were making good use of your time making progress towards the goals I believe there would be much less complaining.
I have been developing for 9 months, and I have released 12 updates in that time, 8 of PP and 4 updates on my other games. I have released an update EVERY single month while literally learning how to code, render, and do everything else.

Most developers release every 2 or 3 months.

I think I'm doing pretty good if you ask me. =]

Lol I do think they fit, which is why I designed her that way. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder =]

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
Seems the tats and bush would fit Paris look and personality better. I mean really, have you ever seen such a beautiful prim and proper looking blond IRL covered in tats like that? Just doesnt fit
No. Paris got Bitch queen looks which doesn't fit with tats at all. Sasha is a rebel, an emo and tomboy girl. She only need to dye her hair black to fit rebel girl vibe.
I have been developing for 9 months, and I have released 12 updates in that time, 8 of PP and 4 updates on my other games. I have released an update EVERY single month while literally learning how to code, render, and do everything else.

Most developers release every 2 or 3 months.

I think I'm doing pretty good if you ask me. =]
Your game is good. You can't blame people because they want more ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisb

Nov 1, 2017
Incest Patch (To help with searching).

There is no patch. When you start the game you're asked questions.

Name of MC: Pick what you like.
Girls' relationship to the MC: daughter
MC's nickname: Dad
MC's relationship to the girls: father

So far this seems like what makes the most sense in dialogue as the player character will occasionally refer to themselves by name and though there are a couple (I think 2) times where girls use your name in the first chapter but they almost exclusively use the nickname. Also in dialogue, having lower case daughter and father flows better.

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
I'd think 'Daddy' would be more the more chosen nickname (it's what I went for at least) but that's good info to have.
For Miracle, sure. But not Paris or Sasha. It would be swell if you could choose what each girl calls you, but it's not a big deal.

Reactions: chrisb

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Lol I do think they fit, which is why I designed her that way. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder =]
Aww so i guess you won't add an option to de-tat her then? could be part of the storyline? ;)

No. Paris got Bitch queen looks which doesn't fit with tats at all. Sasha is a rebel, an emo and tomboy girl. She only need to dye her hair black to fit rebel girl vibe.
Nooo please no black hair. I know pretty much every adult VN has a pretty blond but Sasha is stunning, don't need her to go full goth

New "MrFriendly" special edition: Picture Perfect - Redheads
Oooh can you do a shop with Sasha tatless and bushless? :D

4.00 star(s) 107 Votes