4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020
You changed Paris way too much. This game is in developement for more than a year, people play it and attach to characters. Changing her looks at all is a extremely questionable idea and worse of all its a change for worse.
It really only seems to be the f95 community and a vocal minority to view it this way. I've been playing PP for a long time and I've gotta say I much prefer the new Paris, despite being attached to her character.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, this game definitely didnt need a revamp, this was a bad decision.

Dev, you should have used what you learned in your next game instead of revamping this one when you were so far into it, its a waste of time and resources and wont earn you anything.

Now we need to keep waiting months untill new content comes out, just to make it look a little better which is even subjective?

There is a reason why Voltaire said: Perfect is the enemy of good

The game had enough quality, i am dissapointed.

EDIT: BTW, old Paris was way better for me, new Paris' face looks weird

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
You laugh, but I've been developing for 13 months with absolutely no prior experience in 3D modeling, coding or anything of the sort. So I have definitely made a lot of mistakes, but yet, I have busted my ass to give an update EVERY MONTH.

All I'm trying to do is make the games better for YOU.

I don't think that's too funny
I dont think anyone asked for a revamp, so no, you are not doing this for us, you are doing this for YOU.

Which is ok, since you are the Dev, but dont get mad if we give you the feedback that we, as users, would have preferred if you give us more content instead of a revamp of something that was already good, specially when you significally change the models that we were already fond of.

You did this for you and you alone, and many of us dont like it, deal with it

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020

Dev, you should have used what you learned in your next game instead of revamping this one when you were so far into it, its a waste of time and resources and wont earn you anything.

Now we need to keep waiting months untill new content comes out, just to make it look a little better which is even subjective?

It's his game, he can do what he wants with it. He wants it to suit the vision he has for it. The patrons he has were interested in the revamp and supported the idea, so obviously he's going to go with what his supporters want and not just the average player who only play his games without supporting it. Considering he's going to be done with the revamp and be releasing new content next month, I don't think it's really that much of a hinderance to you.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
It's his game, he can do what he wants with it. He wants it to suit the vision he has for it. The patrons he has were interested in the revamp and supported the idea, so obviously he's going to go with what his supporters want and not just the average player who only play his games without supporting it. Considering he's going to be done with the revamp and be releasing new content next month, I don't think it's really that much of a hinderance to you.
Of course he can do what he wants because its his game, and i can give the feedback i want, thanks.

I dont see that many people supporting the revamp, and i cant know about the patrons, because since i dont earn in dollars or euros, i have to be picky about what games i support, but i am pretty sure that from the feedback he is getting here, there are also patreons that didnt agree with it

Reactions: Master of Puppets

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020
Well, but this is always a problem for Dev´s. Because such a drastic changes after a long time could always lead to lose Future Sups. Many Peops wait on WIP VN/Games to see how the Dev handle it and this sort of drastic change could be the total Deal Breaker for future Sups who watch the Deal bout the Game/VN.
People who haven’t played the game before most likely won’t really care about a revamp since it won’t affect them. Also like it has been said many times, the assets used in the game were from another dev. SuperWriter wanted to do them himself since it’s his game.

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
Just played both versions back to back. Groan. Despite the long hard work SW invested in the revamp, I have to say, he should cut his losses and stay with the old version.

The revamp was to "improve" the old version with the dev's new skills. A laudable goal. Better cloth physics, improved lighting, facial expressions, more creative posing. That's what I expect as improvement with better skills.
But, the "improvements" have been in many of these areas a step back. More specifics in a second. Worst of all, the dev changed the character faces. That's usually a dangerous move for an established game where players have grown attached to the characters. Surprised that SW decided to do that.

On the faces Paris is so different. Yes, she looks younger, but why was that even necessary? And her new face is less refined. Her old face while unusual had a more lifelike quality than the new one which seems very basic by comparison. Sasha and MC transformations were less jarring. Although again why change them at all? At this advanced stage in release, players aren't looking for new faces. Anyway, for me the worst facial "improvement" is saved for Miracle. Miracle's naive introverted nature was captured beautifully by her old face which had virtually no make up. And again here her old facial poses were more expressive and and more in keeping with her shy personality. Since Miracle was my favorite character, the loss of such core aspects hurts the playing experience greatly.

There are other scenic changes that are the opposite of what I understand as improvement. For example Paris's complete loss of her fake eyelashes in the bathroom scene helped transport her overwhelmed reaction to the seminal change in her relation to MC. It symbolically stripped her bare of allures as her soul is exposed. It's a simple but very effective means to transport the power of the moment and worked wonderfully. In the new version Paris loses one eyelash. Hardly noticeable visually. But an immense loss for the impact of the scene. There are many such scenic changes which beyond simple aesthetic choices like clothes or bone structure which have weakened the overall immersive experience. From simple things like old Miracle's slightly unfocussed eyes after she drank alcohol in the dorm room(gone in the new version) to more substantial issues with less impactful poses and scene making.

While SW may have progressed technically, his creative judgement has suffered. I'm sure he's getting plenty of support from his core fans. That never changes. But, while I understand the impulse to support the dev with whatever creative decisions they make honest and constructive criticism in my opinion is a better route. I'm trying to be candid and specific in my little review of the changes. Picture Perfect is one of my favorite games. I know most people won't have such strong opinions on it. I just wanted to express my disappointment. I really hope that SW dumps the new renders. The game has a sweet dynamic. And that dynamic is better served by the older version.

Last edited:

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020
Of course he can do what he wants because its his game, and i can give the feedback i want, thanks.

I dont see that many people supporting the revamp, and i cant know about the patrons, because since i dont earn in dollars or euros, i have to be picky about what games i support, but i am pretty sure that from the feedback he is getting here, there are also patreons that didnt agree with it
Never said you couldn’t give the feedback you want, I’m just offering my own opinion buddy, so don’t worry :)

If you were in his discord server or actually looked at the patreon, you would see the vast majority either supports the revamp or doesn’t mind either way. Keep in mind, people without an issue won’t feel the need to comment so there is quite likely an equally large amount of people who don’t mind or support the revamp.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I haven't played yet but from the pictures I'm seeing of Paris i like the new look myself personally. Would it even be considering "new" when it's just an update of the original blue haired paris in that early build of the first release.

I'll have to go get a closer look when i play to see but i know i liked the Original Paris more than the Middle Version so the revamped her is more in line to what i liked when i first played this game.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Please ignore the haters. Haters gotta hate. I just wanted to add a contextual fix that should probably happen. In U4, Miracle is worried that Sabrina will hate her for having feelings for Big Guy (cuz Sabrina has been crushing on him), and Sabrina says "That WILL never happen." This emphasizes the modal verb WILL, when I don't think you meant that. Contextually, you misplaced the caps. It should read "That will NEVER happen." I have mixed feelings about the drastic change to the models, but it's your creative work, so if you really are that unhappy with how things were before, then you should change it. Truthfully, I didn't think anything was wrong with Miracle, and while the "new" Miracle is fine, I kinda got attached to the old one. I know redoing all of the renders is not insignificant, and if people can't get that, well, that's on them, not on you.
SuperWriter
I'm not sure how to ask this without sounding like a dick...
The old version was up to 0.8 this version is up to 0.6 with all respect due how long do you think it will take you to reach 0.8 ?
Without working yourself into a early grave...and having fun and relaxing
I'm leecher...so I apologize if I sound...ungratefull...I am not :p just can't wait to play the game :)
Don't worry! There will be new content in about 4 weeks!

Sorry to say but with all the revamped graphics it makes playing the game 100% better even though i love this game anyway.
All the characters look alive , vibrant and more relatable .
This is what all other games should held up to the standards of this game.
Brilliant work my friend and i love to see more revamped graphics .
Thank you, guys for all the kind words and support!

Redoing what people already liked is strange and counterproductive, And it is very strange to waste time on this, instead continued story.
Sorry but old models were a lot more pleasant, realism not the point.
And now what ? what if after awhile you will decide to redo it again? and again? and again?

first you need to finish the old work and then start a new one with new knowledge and skills and not redo the old one hundred times
I'm sorry, but developing the way you want would just be crazy, don't you think? I don't think you would like my games anymore if I just started doing what other people wanted. I have always had a vision and I'm sticking to it

SuperWriter!
Revamp is totally better graphically. I mean really great. Good job man, and hang in there!
Model revamps thoughts:

Miracle - I really like the new Model! She is super adorable still, only thing that is even slightly odd to me is the ears look a little strange and sometimes the reflection in the eyes give her an off putting vibe. Still my favorite though!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Paris - 100% better. Love her. So glad her hair looks like hair now instead of a deadass stringy weave. Even the finger/toe nail pant is great. She feels now like the spoiled little princess she was suppose to come off as at first.
Though I feel the bright blue hair with the nearly complete lack of makeup can be startling and give a weird contrast for the model. I think she'd look better with makeup.
Sasha - I hella support the tattoo removal, she had way too many and I hate chest tats on women. Do not mar the marvelous tatas! If I'm going to lob any criticism its I feel like her face got rounder while the rest of her got flatter, which is the wrong move imo. Also, her left cheek looks disproportionately bigger then the right to me. Its probably the hairstyle that does that for my eyes though. Just needs to sharpen up those cheeks and give her a bit more round to the hips and you'd be solid.
Sabrina - Love my little adopted daughter. Great job on her model, though I personally would prefer to darken up her eyebrows into a dark blonde so they don't disappear in the lighter lit scenes as they do now.

Overall I like the new models, Paris needs some makeup, Sasha needs some rounder hips, Bina needs a slightly darker brows in lighter scenes and Miracle just needs Daddy's love.

Good Job Superwriter. Hopefully this is just a start and we will see the models evolve as you're skill does because you've already done a great job converting existing ones to be more unique. Just don't forget the curves!
I honestly don't understand spending so much time to redesign the characters. They already looked good and you can only cause division and controversy among the fans to change them after such a long time unless it's a huge improvement by all standards. Sasha honestly looked so much better in the old version and she was my favorite character by far. Removing most of her tattoos just made her looks really bland by comparison. That's enough for me to not want to keep up with this new version.

Don't become too obsessed with "improving" old content. It will lose you a lot of fans.
Revamp looks great. Paris took the most adjustment, mostly because she looks younger so her character feels a bit different now. I like her low makeup, and her new look is hot.
I get that people often don't like change but let's be real, the render quality has vastly improved when compared to the old version and do a much better job at complimenting the story. And when it comes down to it, Miracle and Sasha don't look that different from before and Paris is now actually hot.

The only things i think could use a few adjustments ; Paris could do with a little eyeliner (and i do mean just a little) and Sasha's eyes seem to be a bit too reflective i think, making them look somewhat unnatural because it's hard to see her pupils in some of the renders. I've also seen someone comment that Sabrina's eyebrows should be a bit darker and while i kind of agree, i'm pretty sure her eyebrows were always a fairly light shade of blonde (unless that's just my memory failing me).

That being said i think the revamp looks great overall, much higher quality and has a lot more detail than the old version. Again, i get that not everyone likes change and some of the specific changes aren't everyone's cup of tea, but i think we need to remember that most adult VN games don't even come close to the level of quality Superwriter is showing us here.
I really appreciate all the kind words and feedback, guys!

When we have no more ideas to continue, we modify what has already been done ... It sucks ...
The new characters look better imo but that's subjective, problem is that the old characters didn't look bad at all so I don't see a point in redoing them. It just looks like another one of the "I ran out of ideas so I am just going to remake it" even though it may not be the case.
Lmao. I'm developing 3 games at the same time right now because I have so many ideas I want to do

Two things came to mind after seeing some of the preliminary renders, reading some of the early critiques, and then completing the revised game.
1.) My preconceived opinions on how the characters would look worse were actually wrong. Concerns about how Sasha would look minus the chest tat and the pre-released renders of Paris making her look too young turned out to be unfounded. IMO, while losing Sasha's chest tat caused her to lose her "I'm a bad-ass" look, I think it also made her look more attractive (although the bright colored clothing I think also plays into it). I also think Paris' modification actually made her look more age appropriate. Her old model made her seem to look late 20s, or even early 30s (at least to me).
2.) I couldn't help thinking Super should go old school - sit down with a drink and listen to "The Alan Parsons Project - Psychobabble" while he reads these reviews (mine included). The age-old adage is never truer than in art - opinions are like ass-holes, everyone has one.

Well done! I look forward to your next new release.
Thank you!

There's going to be new content in a month.

I dont think anyone asked for a revamp, so no, you are not doing this for us, you are doing this for YOU.

Which is ok, since you are the Dev, but dont get mad if we give you the feedback that we, as users, would have preferred if you give us more content instead of a revamp of something that was already good, specially when you significally change the models that we were already fond of.

You did this for you and you alone, and many of us dont like it, deal with it
There are many people on here who do like the revenge and many who don't, I'm here engaging with you all to see what you think and I care about your feedback, but I really don't care for people like you who tell me to just "deal with it" instead of trying to give constructive criticism.

Well, but this is always a problem for Dev´s. Because such a drastic changes after a long time could always lead to lose Future Sups. Many Peops wait on WIP VN/Games to see how the Dev handle it and this sort of drastic change could be the total Deal Breaker for future Sups who watch the Deal bout the Game/VN.
I like the changes, especially Paris. :) Good work.
Thank you!

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
I liked the old characters much more than the new , except for Sasha.
Paris' hair is much to purple.
Plus you can't play them both from the same pc.
It messes up saves from both versions.
Pity.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Just wanted to give a quick note; for all those complaining or wondering why the revamp, I have posted so much on patreon and here the past 1 month few weeks months since I started , it's not even funny, getting everyone's opinions and having a lot public polls.

And most of my 450+ patrons have been involved in the process and been supportive. I noticed the most people complaining are ones that didn't even know a revamp was going on in the first place. Those who did helped make the decisions You see today. I did not make the choices blindly, they were all voted on

So I'm sorry, but I care about the people who actually invested time into the game instead of people who get the game for free and stop by every once in awhile to complain about a game they're pirating

(This comment is only for the people bashing and being rude, not those who are giving constructive criticism)

And thank you to those actually giving constructive criticism and being supportive! New content coming soon! (About 4 weeks or so)

PP .10 (aka chapter 10)

Last edited:

Antuuthu

Nov 2, 2018
Only thing i can say is that I prefered Sasha with all the tats, not many games have females with tats. It was what partly made her character seem bad ass, with a tough exterior. Course the fun was watching the mc get to her softer caring side. I still think the revamp is okay, I just wish Sasha could have kept the tats, or at last a option in the menu where you could choose to keep them.

Reactions: Abagofbabies
4.00 star(s) 107 Votes