4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
found another typo/ weird sounding line. the highlighted part sounds weird, I think it needs a what to make it "but from what jeremy did say".

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Okay i managed to find the picture so let's compare the 3 Paris.

First(the pic is low quality but is the only one i could find so bare with me here):
View attachment 872833

The Second:
View attachment 872841

The Third/Revamp:

As you can see the the revamp is closer to the "original" paris. Admittedly though she has been changed multiple times so i can see why some just wanted it to stay as the 2nd since that's the appearance that stayed the longest. Now that's enough out of me for now. Let me get back to the game.
I like more the first and third models. But it's just my opinion (and between these two I like the last one better, but this may be because I only see the first one in a small photo once. But I like all three models).

May 26, 2018
Idk what ya'll are talking about, Paris look much better. Also a lot of the concerns you're having have already been fixed by SW. For example, the Sasha pupil thing, got fixed due to the feedback he received. The revamp looks a lot better than before and I love Paris' new look soooo much more.

Yeah I still have a few things I think could potentially be improved upon (such as I think that Sasha's eyebrows are a bit too light), but that's just personal preference as there have been a lot of people who prefer Sasha's new design like that. Overall, the game looks to be much higher quality.
Rather than the revamping (and us loosing all of the progress we had made from 6 to 8) he could have started changing the renders AS he continued the story. It gets tiring when developers continually change things where we loose progress simply because they want more money. And please, don't tell me that this is not the case. As I said, he COULD have continued the story while improving renders, rather then f**king everyone up who played the game from beginning to v0.8. Yeah, maybe the renders DO look better, now, but why the hell would want to play a game that is F88ked up for everyone right in the middle of the original game?

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
I like Sasha with less tats but for me they should all be removed. How is she going to be an actor with tats? As for the other girls they are great. Anyway it is the dev's game. If he is happy and his sponsors are happy then thats fair enough.

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020
Rather than the revamping (and us loosing all of the progress we had made from 6 to 8) he could have started changing the renders AS he continued the story. It gets tiring when developers continually change things where we loose progress simply because they want more money. And please, don't tell me that this is not the case. As I said, he COULD have continued the story while improving renders, rather then f**king everyone up who played the game from beginning to v0.8. Yeah, maybe the renders DO look better, now, but why the hell would want to play a game that is F88ked up for everyone right in the middle of the original game?
Wow, such a difficult task to need to go back and replay the game again. Boo hoo, I feel so sorry for you. Obviously he would want more money, this is his job. How else is he meant to survive? Such a dramatic quality change would not make sense to just continue the story while improving the renders and it makes much more sense to go back and do an entire revamp to ensure the quality of the entire game is the same. It's really not that difficult at all to just replay the game lmao. Not like the revamp has taken a long time anyway, you'll get your new content very soon.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Doesnt bother me to start over to see the improvements. if you dont care dont start over. I am happy to see what he has done and when I have time I will replay in the next few days.

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
So now the story stops at chapter 6 and the 7 and 8 are gone, or does the revamp stop at 6, while 7 and 8 are still the old ones? (Are VA and Music still there?)

PenguinFuhrer

Aug 21, 2019
Well, I prefer the old renders. Mainly because the new ones feel like they are out of focus. At least the faces. They are quite blurry

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Just wanted to give a quick note; for all those complaining or wondering why the revamp, I have posted so much on patreon and here the past 1 month few weeks months since I started , it's not even funny, getting everyone's opinions and having a lot public polls.

And most of my 450+ patrons have been involved in the process and been supportive. I noticed the most people complaining are ones that didn't even know a revamp was going on in the first place. Those who did helped make the decisions You see today. I did not make the choices blindly, they were all voted on

So I'm sorry, but I care about the people who actually invested time into the game instead of people who get the game for free and stop by every once in awhile to complain about a game they're pirating

(This comment is only for the people bashing and being rude, not those who are giving constructive criticism)

And thank you to those actually giving constructive criticism and being supportive! New content coming soon! (About 4 weeks or so)

PP .10 (aka chapter 10)
I like the revamp, even if I no helped to choose the models or invested time in the game, I think that you are doing a good job.

I prefer the new Paris and Sabrina models; and I like the new shasa model (but I prefer the old one). About Miracle, I think none of the models is exactly my type. But overall I like the result.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
I replayed the game just to check on the new renders and in my opinion, the whole ordeal was not worth the trouble.
Some are marginally better and some worse. Guess it comes down to personal taste in the end.

The game was/is good but instead of cashing on the momentum and continuing with the story, the dev decided to take 2 steps back.

I might say I am impartial and a bit saddened because "revamps" done like this have historically proven to be a bad decision.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Not played the revamp yet (still dont approve of the mass tattoo removal) but have they revamoed the script too then? she literally got covered pertaining dealing with rejection as per the dialogue in the last update before revamp. It wasnt cosmetic, it was an emotional thing for her and they got removed... you can see my concern because you take away from the authenticity of the script and the emotional connections they portrayed to just make her look different ie a purely cosmetic rework which was needless IMO given it doesnt fit the narrative. Like i said, just my opinion - no objections to remodels esp as the dev literally said he wanted his creations to be his own and not stock models but the removing the tattoos never sat well with me for above reasons. I assume her emotional aspects of her story will be nerfed to just appease the apologists who approve of jerking off to her new model easier (yes i can throw random shade too for no reason - the commenters calling out anyone who isnt fully on board with changes know who they are... "a holes" indeed)
Actually it looks like the story is exactly the same, its not what this revamp was about, its merely the cosmetics that changed, pretty much the way for all of them.

Sep 26, 2019
So does anyone still have their modded ch 8 still kickin around that they wouldn't mind uploading up on here? I just want to back it up on my comp for old times sake. It would really make my day and thank you for your time.
Me too. There is an old version on svscomics

Last edited:

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
There are some changes that align more with my tastes and others that don't. I assumed it was a change necessitated by a need to move from maybe G3 to G8 models but IDK? Anyway, no matter what very few characters looks and personalities are universally loved in any game. I thought Paris has looked funky through all iterations while others loved her. I thought Sasha tats were too much but others loved them. I loved Miracle before and now she looks a bit older and I'm maybe not super crazy about it. Either way Dev is doing his/her/their best to provide the best product for us pirates they can. So tip of the hat for trying to improve upon the product. People will adapt.

As always thanks to the Patrons for making the game happen.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Before I add my two cents, I want to say that I respect the work you do SuperWriter and I've enjoyed most of what I've played when it came to this game. Everything you do is (obviously) up to you and it's good that you follow it to your vision.

That said, Hate the new Paris, everyone else looks fine. Paris looks like a plain Jane with nothing special about her. I already don't engage with her as much as I did the second I saw the other Paris. I could pussyfoot my way around the issue talking about how she doesn't appear right to the character, but I'd prefer in this instance to be blunt. As for Sasha...
Never liked Sasha's tattoos, but I appreciated their existence as a character building point. The tattoos on the chest seemed a bit much and it's fine that they're gone, but I'm inbetween on the changes. I obviously haven't played this yet, and I WILL play it, but I'd like to ask a few questions that might have been answered, that I didn't find in the thread.

Why the change? Is this pulling a "MonkeyPoster_7?" Or did you get tired of the characters?

To be a bit more harsh, why change the characters that everyone else had grown to love? I'll never understand creators spending so much time and resources getting people to fall in love with a character only to change that character. Paris was my favorite model and her face was I grown to identify as the face of the VN. I doubt "vision" is enough to answer that question in a satisfying way.

To be fair, and be even more harsh. As negative as I've been, I want to look at the positive. I'll accept the change (as if I'm the arbitor of that haha), if you also changed the terrible update when MC has sex with Paris for the first time. It's the most awkward and rushed scene in a game that felt pretty well done and consistent up to that point. The blonde British friend had a better arc than the youngest daughter who's supposed to be more important. I agree that's you're a Super Writer, but that was the work of a Sloppy Writer. If you've fixed that, I can forgive anything.

I haven't reviewed this VN yet, but I will after playing this new update. If you're confident enough to change things many people loved and stand by it, that's good enough for me to think this is the definitive vision of this novel. I wish you good luck!

P.S. I was criticizing a bit harshly because I've not seen a single review mention that Paris scene and it was not to your standards man.

4.00 star(s) 107 Votes