4.00 star(s) 108 Votes

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
This "revamp" was somehow completely unnecessary. How can you do that after so long time and so far advanced in a game developement. I really don't understand it. Okay, his fan base and current patrons seem to have voted on it. But honestly, you don't win new patrons with that. For my part, after the last chapter, I was ready to show my appreciation and pay at least once (and no, that's not "fake news", I really wanted to). But certainly not now anymore. And to be honest, it's not the change itself, I am disappointed with the quality of the new models, too. I don't want to go into details, this has been done here already often enough. And yes, tastes are different, and maybe I could have overlooked it in time. But once again: After such a long time you don't change a main 3D model anymore - well, you did all of them, even the MC...

Nevertheless, all the best to the developer, at least until now I had my fun with the game.

NyVar

May 23, 2020
This "revamp" was somehow completely unnecessary. How can you do that after so long time and so far advanced in a game developement. I really don't understand it. Okay, his fan base and current patrons seem to have voted on it. But honestly, you don't win new patrons with that. For my part, after the last chapter, I was ready to show my appreciation and pay at least once (and no, that's not "fake news", I really wanted to). But certainly not now anymore. And to be honest, it's not the change itself, I am disappointed with the quality of the new models, too. I don't want to go into details, this has been done here already often enough. And yes, tastes are different, and maybe I could have overlooked it in time. But once again: After such a long time you don't change a main 3D model anymore - well, you did all of them, even the MC...
I agree. I paused my sub when things started to take off on this idea :p Revamps should be made right after the start, or after the end of a game. And preferably the latter. I'll renew it if or when another game comes out and if i like it.

Im not stopping to play this, but it really put a dampner on it. And i understand he's eager to get his own work out there, and i support that. But if he had some management to rely on, he'd wait for the end of the game. The instability that shows through with this will hinder new subs im sure :/ Witch is a pitty - He does good work!!

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
***Please, everyone read this***

I truly do understand that you guys have bonded with the previous models, so it would be crazy for me to expect you like the new models right off the bat.

But the previous models were NOT my creations, they were made from references from me when I was working with the other developer in the beginning, but I did not want to complain since I was a rookie.

But now THESE are the models I wanted from the beginning and have now done that. So please respect my vision. All the comments saying I like the old models don't do anything but bring my spirit down when I'm trying to work hard to give you guys new content.

If you have constructive criticism like changing this or that, I will absolutely listen, but I see mostly complaining.

You guys like my characters because of their personalities too, right? Badass Sasha? Innocent Miracle? Motherly Paris? Polite Sabrina?

Would the game be as fun to you if they were boring? You guys have to be fair and accept my entire vision and not only half.

Picture Perfect is one of the 30 ebooks I have published and turned into a game and I have so much more. so this revamp was very important for me I'm going forward to make my other games look a lot better, so I'm just asking you to accept my hard work.

Of course you can keep complaining or say the models or ugly, but it just does not help me create the game or gives me inspiration when I come here to engage and I don't want to stop coming here to have your opinions and feedback.

But I will if I only see negative. I'm not sensitive, but I develop best and create when I'm in a good mood and not in a bad one, so I'm just trying to explain that.

Thank you to everybody who has been supportive so far!

scotsman2020

Oct 20, 2018
Wow this game just got bad i am not complaining the game is good but it looks like its a first time development from someone who has never made a game ...... good luck with this one but il give it a miss now

MOISTNESS

Jun 13, 2018

I truly do understand that you guys have bonded with the previous models, so it would be crazy for me to expect you like the new models right off the bat.

But the previous models were NOT my creations, they were made from references from me when I was working with the other developer in the beginning, but I did not want to complain since I was a rookie.

But now THESE are the models I wanted from the beginning and have now done that. So please respect my vision. All the comments saying I like the old models don't do anything but bring my spirit down when I'm trying to work hard to give you guys new content.

If you have constructive criticism like changing this or that, I will absolutely listen, but I see mostly complaining.

You guys like my characters because of their personalities too, right? Badass Sasha? Innocent Miracle? Motherly Paris? Polite Sabrina?

Would the game be as fun to you if they were boring? You guys have to be fair and accept my entire vision and not only half.

Picture Perfect is one of the 30 ebooks I have published and turned into a game and I have so much more. so this revamp was very important for me I'm going forward to make my other games look a lot better, so I'm just asking you to accept my hard work.

Of course you can keep complaining or say the models or ugly, but it just does not help me create the game or gives me inspiration when I come here to engage and I don't want to stop coming here to have your opinions and feedback.

But I will if I only see negative. I'm not sensitive, but I develop best and create when I'm in a good mood and not in a bad one, so I'm just trying to explain that.

Personally I think the game is amazing. The story, situation and character interactions are always primary for me.

Yes, you can become attached the models, but without the story, you might as well fap to pinups/comics, etc.

The really successful games are those where the dev has stuck/sticks to their vision; so I can understand that using models designed by someone else can get in the way of that for you.

My advice; you do you and take any criticism with a grain of salt, as you have a game with all the workings of a hit.

You got my vote!

(y)

KilljoyTRV

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2018
SuperWriter, the revamp looks awesome. I understand why you are doing it and appreciate your hard work! The new model for Paris looks WAY better than the older one and I love the touches you've add to the rest. Please keep up your diligent work and nevermind the haters. This is your game you make for us, and I love seeing your imagination! Thanks for giving us this, especially for here since some of us cannot afford to support you (though we would if we could!).

SilverSoul83

Aug 11, 2018
Overall quality on the image has improved.
Some Sasha head and face proportions can be adjusted o improved.
Miracle is fine, perpaphs I like her more with a more femenine touch and younger.
Paris model is fine, more young, but is sexy.
Sabrina model is improved.
But the best work is the script, dialgos and history. :) Keep up the good work SuperWriter, and THANK YOU for the game.

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
Nope, not digging it anymore. Absolutely dislike the new Sasha. Paris is ok but Miracle has had way too many changes. People got to know these characters for over a year and now and everything is wiped clean. This revamp came too late in the game cycle.
Yup, your very right. (y) Its like another VN where the hotwife does stuff thats hard core then as every update she does a 180 and acts like she is a Innocent "HOT" wife... :rolleyes: I miss the vampire look of Miracle during sex :love:. The last Save from "JULY" is of her looking over at the MC with dreamy eyes the next morning. The Dev just sorta screwed the whole game up. I downloaded knowing i would have to start over just to see what crap changed. And it SUCKS! I saw a post where the DEV said that many people agree with his changes. Not sure where these many people are, sure the Heck aren't here...:ROFLMAO: The update - Take a VN and Cut it and Half, change everyones skin tone and looks and make them look like Lolies... Hentai here we come (n) (n) :eek:

Brokenbob

Aug 16, 2017
Well I have seen so many different opinions on the revamp. It sure seems like there are a few different camps. Mostly with regards to Paris. I myself prefer the original Paris but that is my taste. And I'm not saying the the new renders are bad, just not quite right. I wish I could point to something specific but something just seems off. Oh and about tats, I thought that Sasha was hot with the tats, but get removing the chest tat, although that is the only part of the tats I think I would have changed

But instead of going on about the renders I'll talk something that I haven't seen mentioned much if at all. I really don't like the change in camera angles that has basically removed me from the visuals. Yes I know that is an exaggeration but I can't help but feel like it is wrong now. Sure if it was originally like this then fine, but it is like changing from a third person point of view to a mostly first. The two examples I can point to right at the beginning are the acting practice, and then at the mall with Paris when she was getting hit on. I just feel like both scenes are lacking the closeness that you could see before. You could see them up against each other, you could see the kiss on the check, just feels like it is missing these elements now and reduces the impact of the scenes.

As SuperWriter knows, I do enjoy the game and look forward to more, and while I do understand the reasons for the revamp, I do find myself preferring the old one more as a whole. If I was in his shoes would I have done the revamp? Hard to say, because I do think the reasons are valid, but I think I would have left it and turned what I had learned into a new project (or one that is not as well established), one of the biggest reasons for this is that with it already being on a platform like Steam. People on Patreon and other such platforms are very much used to seeing some big changes here and there, I would venture to guess that the Steam users are less ready for this level of change. So I just feel like the effort into the revamp would have been not worth it for me.

Lastly though, I still like the story and do look forward to more. SuperWriter this is your game so make your decisions how you want. And just try your best to see through some of the terrible reactions posts and just look at ones with constructive criticism, which hopefully you will see mine as. I wish you all the best on all your projects.

NyVar

May 23, 2020

Hey, no matter what we all say, do not stop doing your thing!! I gave my opinion, and i stand by it. And i also stand by understanding your reson :) It's not ALL negative(With negative rewievs), and do not lose heart!! This is a learning curve. And as easy/silly as it sounds, just take the feelings out of every positive and negative reply, and just look at it from a neutral perspective.
So I repeat; Do not stop doing your thing ;) And im saying that with mixed feelings about the revamp. Im a fan even though i didnt like this too much, and im not the only one.
Your next game you'll know when to be patient, and when to thange the things that did not turn out the way you envishined it. I have faith

Edit: Im a loyal dude, and im sure im not the only one is my point. 1 step back makes the oppertunity for 2 steps forward :)

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
isn't this like the 3rd revamp of this game already? I'll wait for it to be complete before bothering with it again.

odtoy67

Jan 12, 2018
Sorry SuperWriter I am going to drop this game you changed Sasha too much for me she was my #1 in this game. don't worry i am still buying all your books, The Ward, and Plus Two are my #1&2 of my collection
I love your work. Tats are just a thing for me and piercings that's just my taste and i really love bad girls with them

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Alright, quick feedback. Dear SuperWriter, haven't played the game before, so I have nothing to compare. I just played it and think it was good fun. Now I am a) hungry for more, and shall b) download and play Secret Summer posthaste! For a more thought-out feedback I'd have to sleep on it. Maybe I'll write a review in the coming days. Anyway, I didn't waste my time by playing this. Thank you very much. As soon as my budget allows, I'll send you a dollar or two. You're on my list now. :)

May 26, 2018

Fair enough, I will give the re-vamped game a try. The only - and main - reason I complained was 2 fold; 1) you took - from my point of view - the innocence away from miracle by making her LOOK like an older sister. She was supposed to be the youngest and most innocent. 2) You went from Version/update 0.8 back to 0.6, which means progress made in the non-revamped game appearsa to have been now lost, or we potentially have to start the whole damn thing over again just to get back the progress lost. Don't necessarily mind that for the most part, but it puts me in mind of the game :Thinking about You" where the developer - once he gets to update 4 starts the damn thing all over again; or "Aftermath" where every update the developer changes things to the point progress is lost or pushed back to add more freaking grind to his damn game.

Yes, I understand this is your game and your vision, and if others like it that is fine and more power to them. But when you get upset at people for complaining, and threaten to leave here, you sure as hell are not giving NEW people any reason to support you on Patreon, SubscribeStar, or any other support site. Yes, you should listen to your supporters, but you should also listen to the people who may not be supporting you NOW (but might be willing to in the future). You seem to do well with compliments, and get pissed or upset when people tell you that they feel you either ruined the game or revamped unnecessarily.

I really do believe you made a good and decent game, and looked forward to every update. But I am sorry, not if you are going to change it every 6 months to every year to satisfy your own vision without taking into consideration not only your subscribers and supporters, but your potential subscribers and potential supporters.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
The only thing I don't like about the remodel is Paris' hair and I honestly can't explain what I don't like about it. Something about the bits that hang in front of her shoulders looks off in a way I can't articulate.

And let's be honest, while Sasha's torso tattoos were very distinguishing with tattoos in general being extremely rare on this site, they were also very amateurish. I recognized most of her tattoos as stock textures. They used to be some of the first results if you punched 'tribal tattoo texture' into Google. They also didn't look properly blended into her skin texture.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I get that you want to do what your supporters tell you, gotta keep the money in. But places like this F95 is one of the very few ways to actually grow in support. People get exposure to your game and eventually support the dev. I'm just 1 drop in the bucket but I found your game from this site, and look to support it eventually but the direction you took with the update isn't one that I like. Sorry to say it but I did prefer the old renders of the models. Sure, the environments are better but for me the Sasha change was just a step back in every way. Its like when you are watching a show you really like and they kill off your favorite character so you stop watching. Thats what I'm feeling about it. The thing running through my mind now about supporting is why should I support someone who will just change things that are 1+ year in development, that you like just because he feels like it. A year from now the game could be completely different.

So I think dismissing all of these "free pirates" is a pretty big mistake, since the only reason any of these games gain any popularity is because of them.
Rather than the revamping (and us loosing all of the progress we had made from 6 to 8) he could have started changing the renders AS he continued the story. It gets tiring when developers continually change things where we loose progress simply because they want more money. And please, don't tell me that this is not the case. As I said, he COULD have continued the story while improving renders, rather then f**king everyone up who played the game from beginning to v0.8. Yeah, maybe the renders DO look better, now, but why the hell would want to play a game that is F88ked up for everyone right in the middle of the original game?
This developer is working hard and producing great content, some should really learn from his example, better say most, because consistent releases are not found often any more on this site.
Personally I think the game is amazing. The story, situation and character interactions are always primary for me.

Yes, you can become attached the models, but without the story, you might as well fap to pinups/comics, etc.

The really successful games are those where the dev has stuck/sticks to their vision; so I can understand that using models designed by someone else can get in the way of that for you.

My advice; you do you and take any criticism with a grain of salt, as you have a game with all the workings of a hit.

You got my vote!

(y)
SuperWriter, the revamp looks awesome. I understand why you are doing it and appreciate your hard work! The new model for Paris looks WAY better than the older one and I love the touches you've add to the rest. Please keep up your diligent work and nevermind the haters. This is your game you make for us, and I love seeing your imagination! Thanks for giving us this, especially for here since some of us cannot afford to support you (though we would if we could!).
Overall quality on the image has improved.
Some Sasha head and face proportions can be adjusted o improved.
Miracle is fine, perpaphs I like her more with a more femenine touch and younger.
Paris model is fine, more young, but is sexy.
Sabrina model is improved.
But the best work is the script, dialgos and history. :) Keep up the good work SuperWriter, and THANK YOU for the game.
Well I have seen so many different opinions on the revamp. It sure seems like there are a few different camps. Mostly with regards to Paris. I myself prefer the original Paris but that is my taste. And I'm not saying the the new renders are bad, just not quite right. I wish I could point to something specific but something just seems off. Oh and about tats, I thought that Sasha was hot with the tats, but get removing the chest tat, although that is the only part of the tats I think I would have changed

But instead of going on about the renders I'll talk something that I haven't seen mentioned much if at all. I really don't like the change in camera angles that has basically removed me from the visuals. Yes I know that is an exaggeration but I can't help but feel like it is wrong now. Sure if it was originally like this then fine, but it is like changing from a third person point of view to a mostly first. The two examples I can point to right at the beginning are the acting practice, and then at the mall with Paris when she was getting hit on. I just feel like both scenes are lacking the closeness that you could see before. You could see them up against each other, you could see the kiss on the check, just feels like it is missing these elements now and reduces the impact of the scenes.

As SuperWriter knows, I do enjoy the game and look forward to more, and while I do understand the reasons for the revamp, I do find myself preferring the old one more as a whole. If I was in his shoes would I have done the revamp? Hard to say, because I do think the reasons are valid, but I think I would have left it and turned what I had learned into a new project (or one that is not as well established), one of the biggest reasons for this is that with it already being on a platform like Steam. People on Patreon and other such platforms are very much used to seeing some big changes here and there, I would venture to guess that the Steam users are less ready for this level of change. So I just feel like the effort into the revamp would have been not worth it for me.

Lastly though, I still like the story and do look forward to more. SuperWriter this is your game so make your decisions how you want. And just try your best to see through some of the terrible reactions posts and just look at ones with constructive criticism, which hopefully you will see mine as. I wish you all the best on all your projects.
Hey, no matter what we all say, do not stop doing your thing!! I gave my opinion, and i stand by it. And i also stand by understanding your reson :) It's not ALL negative(With negative rewievs), and do not lose heart!! This is a learning curve. And as easy/silly as it sounds, just take the feelings out of every positive and negative reply, and just look at it from a neutral perspective.
So I repeat; Do not stop doing your thing ;) And im saying that with mixed feelings about the revamp. Im a fan even though i didnt like this too much, and im not the only one.
Your next game you'll know when to be patient, and when to thange the things that did not turn out the way you envishined it. I have faith

Edit: Im a loyal dude, and im sure im not the only one is my point. 1 step back makes the oppertunity for 2 steps forward :)
Alright, quick feedback. Dear SuperWriter, haven't played the game before, so I have nothing to compare. I just played it and think it was good fun. Now I am a) hungry for more, and shall b) download and play Secret Summer posthaste! For a more thought-out feedback I'd have to sleep on it. Maybe I'll write a review in the coming days. Anyway, I didn't waste my time by playing this. Thank you very much. As soon as my budget allows, I'll send you a dollar or two. You're on my list now. :)
Really appreciate all the kind words and support, guys. I'll continue to work hard and I promise you're going to like a lot of the new stuff I have coming!

Fair enough, I will give the re-vamped game a try. The only - and main - reason I complained was 2 fold; 1) you took - from my point of view - the innocence away from miracle by making her LOOK like an older sister. She was supposed to be the youngest and most innocent. 2) You went from Version/update 0.8 back to 0.6, which means progress made in the non-revamped game appearsa to have been now lost, or we potentially have to start the whole damn thing over again just to get back the progress lost. Don't necessarily mind that for the most part, but it puts me in mind of the game :Thinking about You" where the developer - once he gets to update 4 starts the damn thing all over again; or "Aftermath" where every update the developer changes things to the point progress is lost or pushed back to add more freaking grind to his damn game.

Yes, I understand this is your game and your vision, and if others like it that is fine and more power to them. But when you get upset at people for complaining, and threaten to leave here, you sure as hell are not giving NEW people any reason to support you on Patreon, SubscribeStar, or any other support site. Yes, you should listen to your supporters, but you should also listen to the people who may not be supporting you NOW (but might be willing to in the future). You seem to do well with compliments, and get pissed or upset when people tell you that they feel you either ruined the game or revamped unnecessarily.

I really do believe you made a good and decent game, and looked forward to every update. But I am sorry, not if you are going to change it every 6 months to every year to satisfy your own vision without taking into consideration not only your subscribers and supporters, but your potential subscribers and potential supporters.
Miracle looked too young before, so I like the older look. This version is 0.6 because I'm still not done with the revamp... I obviously have to catch up to 0.8. And you would have to restart anyway because everything is completely different render-wise.

Also, I didn't get upset and I'm not. I just said that it brings down my spirit and it is tough to develop when I'm in a bad mood and only seeing complaints does that. I'm a person just like you and of course seeing negative things is going to bother me.

As for new patrons and subscribers, etc. Why do you think I'm here in the first place? Why do you think I interact with everybody? Since the first day I have started developing, I have been in these threads answering any questions and concerns.

Updating the game EVERY month. I have explained the reason for the revamp, so you talking about me upgrading the game every six months and what not clearly shows me that you are not listening.

Please read my post again if you do not understand why I did the revamp.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NyVar

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019

Yes, maybe I and some others here have gone too far in the comments. And yes, it is your game, your development. And I also understand your motives for the revision/revamp in some way. But please also understand us, the players. We experience something like when, in a popular television series, all the main actors suddenly are replaced in the middle of the show and you even have to watch all the old episodes with them again, too! I'm sure that even you would sit in front of the TV in disbelief, shaking your head and no longer understand the world. Also: please be prepared for at least the same if not worse comments on Steam, too...

Nevertheless, or maybe because so many people are complaining: This actually shows that we really love the game and are already attached to it. At least I am.

Reactions: ringasure
4.00 star(s) 108 Votes