Koyaga

Sep 6, 2020
Would love to support, but so far, this seems to be having the same problems as LOK Rebirth: There's too much focus being put into the fluff. It's great to have a stable base to work on, but when people are paying you monthly, they expect to see consistent updates that involve the main focus of game. In this case, that's sexual content. The mechanics, gameplay, fine-tuning, etc. should all be secondary to that. Build the game around sex, don't build a game with some sex in it.
I don't think gameplay can be considered a secondary component of a game. Look at Honey Select games: there's not much point in a game with poor gameplay, no matter how good the sex scenes are.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
I don't think gameplay can be considered a secondary component of a game. Look at Honey Select games: there's not much point in a game with poor gameplay, no matter how good the sex scenes are.
Yes, but time can be taken to spruce up the gameplay once there's some content to go along with it. Some others devs I follow show sexual content that is in progress or that won't be implemented in the game for months. I haven't seen any of that from this project. Yes, I want to see a game, a good game, but this is ultimately a game using the prospect of sexual content to draw people, and it has yet to show anything substantial in that regard after a year and three months. I don't like trash-talking the game. I actually like the server gameplay, but it feels more and more like the sexual aspect is becoming an afterthought. The last piece of semi-sexual content was the massage from 0.6, and that was six months ago.

Last edited:

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
a game that's supposed to be focused on sex.
So, i think you've made an incorrect assumption here. You're assuming the only focus of this game is on sex. It's not, it's on corruption towards sex. Building up the gameplay and code base to support the corruption elements actually does make sense. Having a clothing system to get and wear sexier / sluttier outfits fits the corruption aspects perfectly for that purposes.

If the game was pitched / advertised as being a "have sex simulator", then yeah you'd have a point. But it isn't, and if you have to have nothing but sex and sex mechanics, maybe look towards a game that's actually advertised and focused on being a sex sim.

DaBears0408

Oct 28, 2018
How much time does a preview of Jenny receiving a facial while looking ragged take and will that appease the frustrated? Has to be mor impactful than a stained couch right? Imagine the end of scenes have been thought out or at least imagined/sketched by this point.

Nov 24, 2017
Yes, but time can be taken to spruce up the gameplay once there's some content to go along with it. Some others devs I follow show sexual content that is in progress or that won't be implemented in the game for months. I haven't seen any of that from this project. Yes, I want to see a game, a good game, but this is ultimately a game using the prospect of sexual content to draw people, and it has yet to show anything substantial in that regard after a year and three months. I don't like trash-talking the game. I actually like the server gameplay, but it feels more and more like the sexual aspect is becoming an afterthought. The last piece of semi-sexual content was the massage from 0.6, and that was six months ago.
Boring ... snoooze ...

So, i think you've made an incorrect assumption here. You're assuming the only focus of this game is on sex. It's not, it's on corruption towards sex. Building up the gameplay and code base to support the corruption elements actually does make sense. Having a clothing system to get and wear sexier / sluttier outfits fits the corruption aspects perfectly for that purposes.

If the game was pitched / advertised as being a "have sex simulator", then yeah you'd have a point. But it isn't, and if you have to have nothing but sex and sex mechanics, maybe look towards a game that's actually advertised and focused on being a sex sim.
Bingo, the build up to the sex is the heart and soul of this game. Slowly corrupting an innocent young girl and molding her into the little sex kitten we want her to be.

Taking that forbidden piece of fruit and making it rotten the core. Oh yeah.

Reactions: guanciale

Snake

May 22, 2017
Would love to support, but so far, this seems to be having the same problems as LOK Rebirth: There's too much focus being put into the fluff. It's great to have a stable base to work on, but when people are paying you monthly, they expect to see consistent updates that involve the main focus of game. In this case, that's sexual content. The mechanics, gameplay, fine-tuning, etc. should all be secondary to that. Build the game around sex, don't build a game with some sex in it.
So you would rather have an unplayable game full of bugs? More content more often would be great but honestly the creator probably just can't handle the workload for that.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Exactly, the ultimate goal of the game is sex. Slow corruption or not, the point is for the main character to have sex. That is why people support this game.

Say the game had a teen rating, remove the prospect of sexual content altogether, and just make it a game where the main character can go to work, ride the bus, change into some sexy outfits, and make some suggestive small talk. How many people would be left supporting the game? Would you pay monthly for a game like this?

People are supporting the game because there is the prospect that, eventually, the main character will be in sexual situations. That's great. Can't wait for it to come out and play it when it's finished or has more content.

Let me quote an excerpt from the SubscribeStar page:

"But this is just the start of the voyage, so you won't find hard-core sexual content in this playable intro we've started with.

However, that will change very soon, as we will update this game monthly, so you won't take much longer until seeing some action."

So, it's been a year and three months now. Exactly what incentive do I have to subscribe besides the promise that there will be sexual content at some point, possibly years into the future, as far as anyone knows?

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Exactly, the ultimate goal of the game is sex. Slow corruption or not, the point is for the main character to have sex. That is why people support this game.

Say the game had a teen rating, remove the prospect of sexual content altogether, and just make it a game where the main character can go to work, ride the bus, change into some sexy outfits, and make some suggestive small talk. How many people would be left supporting the game? Would you pay monthly for a game like this?

People are supporting the game because there is the prospect that, eventually, the main character will be in sexual situations. That's great. Can't wait for it to come out and play it when it's finished or has more content.

Let me quote an excerpt from the SubscribeStar page:

"But this is just the start of the voyage, so you won't find hard-core sexual content in this playable intro we've started with.

However, that will change very soon, as we will update this game monthly, so you won't take much longer until seeing some action."

So, it's been a year and three months now. Exactly what incentive do I have to subscribe besides the promise that there will be sexual content at some point, possibly years into the future, as far as anyone knows?
go check out Pizza Cold then

Reactions: alex2006

DaBears0408

Oct 28, 2018
A tech demo that was released nine months ago. Again, what reason do I have to support this?
You have zero reason to support clearly. As neither do I. Generally, when an action film has previews, it has scenes of action early to make you want to see it as an action movie goer. Personally, I think the dev has left change on the table by forgetting his audience for the corruption game will likely be mostly comprised of pervs that want to at least see one end of corruption after all this time.

That all being said, compared to many games, I'm interested in how this develops as you can see the talent behind this, so I lurk. But you do you, let the dev be him, and support or dont. But seems like you have been following/lurking on this game for a reason as well.

adilson

May 15, 2017
I fully agree with your words. The fact is that the vast majority who complain, not even supported one of the developers, but even in a reverse way, milking the free games from the developers, they make harsh criticisms without ever even trying to do something similar, calling the developers milkers and other stuff. All work deserves respect. If there is a delay, there are countless factors and the only ones who can criticize and the complaints are those who really support and in a polite way, after all, it is not because you went to the market and bought something that you have the right to offend the cashier or the owner of the establishment . Not are satisfied look for another market, not satisfied look for another game, but let the developer work on his project. Despite not being a supporter of yours, but loving your project, I would like to wish you an excellent end of the year, and a prosperous 2023 for many of achievements, that you manage to make your dreams and projects come true and do not end your ideas because of malicious people or envious. For these people, there are ten others who, despite not posting here, appreciate their project and that of many other developers, who bring us different emotions in each work. And I wanted to wish everyone a better 2023.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
That all being said, compared to many games, I'm interested in how this develops as you can see the talent behind this, so I lurk. But you do you, let the dev be him, and support or dont. But seems like you have been following/lurking on this game for a reason as well.
Yeah, you're right. Because I'm interested in the potential of this game, but I've learned not to support creators based on promises. Abelius should understand better than most why that is.

And that's perfectly fine.

The thing is, I've started this from the scratch two years ago and I'm still under 250 supporters. But do I come here venting off on why my efforts are being acknowledged by that number of people and not thousands?

No, I don't.

Did I say I'd do something and I wasn't able to deliver on time? Yes, as the 90% of amateur devs around here, making games five times less complex as this one. We overestimate our capabilities all the time. Big surprise. That's why I've stopped giving ETAs.

I've admitted all that in my posts and flaggelated myself over it as only I can, my biggest critic and sometimes enemy.

I know the game still doesn't have what it needs to attract the masses, and I'm just grateful to those two hundred people that are betting on me and helping me survive for the additional time I'll require to turn this into a "big" game.

And that should be the end of it, no?

But some guys who love the sound of their voice believe they have a *duty* to inform others on how, in their opinion and/or because they "saw it" as the granny from Fallout 4, I won't produce anything of worth, and anyone supporting me is stupid.

So be it. I'll continue working, you know? I don't have another choice after the stunt Kuja pulled on me, and I'm too old to get back the kind of job I had in 2017.

The futurologists can watch from the distance, or be here whining all the way. I may succeed and they'll still be complaining on how I didn't deserve it, or I'll be stuffing shelves at a supermarket in 2024, and they'll be happy and forget all about me five minutes later.

Their rantings won't change the outcome.
According to your SubscribeStar page, you are losing money until you make about double what you are right now. Since I would like to see this game developed and finished eventually, and it sounded like you needed more supporters sooner rather than later, I was telling you why I'm not currently supporting and why I think many other people aren't. Every critic isn't out to see you fail, believe it or not, but you of all people should understand why I support a project based on results rather than promises. You are taking my criticism as being hateful though. I like what I see so far in the game, I like the potential it has, but there is nothing going on that inspires me to pay, even if public releases or piracy weren't an option. Apparently, you're fine with your current situation though. If that's the case, then good luck. Hope to see a good game when it's done.

DaBears0408

Oct 28, 2018

The thing is, I've started this from the scratch two years ago and I'm still under 250 supporters. But do I come here venting off on why my efforts are being acknowledged by that number of people and not thousands?

No, I don't.

Did I say I'd do something and I wasn't able to deliver on time? Yes, as the 90% of amateur devs around here, making games five times less complex as this one. We overestimate our capabilities all the time. Big surprise. That's why I've stopped giving ETAs.

I've admitted all that in my posts and flaggelated myself over it as only I can, my biggest critic and sometimes enemy.

I know the game still doesn't have what it needs to attract the masses, and I'm just grateful to those two hundred people that are betting on me and helping me survive for the additional time I'll require to turn this into a "big" game.

But some guys who love the sound of their voice believe they have a *duty* to inform others on how, in their opinion and/or because they "saw it" as the granny from Fallout 4, I won't produce anything of worth, and anyone supporting me is stupid.

So be it. I'll continue working, you know? I don't have another choice after the stunt Kuja pulled on me, and I'm too old to get back the kind of job I had in 2017.

The futurologists can watch from the distance, or be here whining all the way. I may succeed and they'll still be complaining on how I didn't deserve it, or I'll be stuffing shelves at a supermarket in 2024, and they'll be happy and forget all about me five minutes later.

This is a very long rant to a small portion of what I said so....I guess I have to respond. Maybe I should of clarified that I dont want to support "yet". Still in wait and see mode. But certainly a weird response like this does not help.

I check on this game because there is potential and I did state that I think you are talented. Not sure where the thought of people wanting you to fail came from. In fact - the opposite. I want to see you succeed because, in the end, that means the potential of the game gets realized. I dont know squat about what you do or anyone on developing games, but I do know business, marketing and finance. That's where the comment came from about leaving money on the table - even at your early stages.

Not everyone here is Kuja man. I don't know who that is. I dont know who you are. I know nothing about you except for what your do for this game. Therefore, there is no reason for me to want you to fail.

Blepleb

Feb 1, 2021
As for me, from now on I will only visit this place to post updates. I'll turn off notifications of any kind and join the ranks of the vast majority of devs who don't interact with their fans and haters in a piracy forum (from all places, lol). I'll be at my server if you want to s/talk there.
That's a good one :sneaky: Actually many game developers overall not just indie games have difficulties contacting with the community too much. Or attending too much wasting nerves and time. Just do what was intended to be done we all can imagine what the eventual result is. Or at least basiaclly :unsure: So we will wait (including haters :LOL:)

KroqGar

Jun 30, 2017

No, I don't.

I wonder how can 250 people spend money supporting each month basically almost nothing but ehy it's their money....imho this game and this way of developing shouldn't be supported at all sorry for being rude

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
I wonder how can 250 people spend money supporting each month basically almost nothing but ehy it's their money....imho this game and this way of developing shouldn't be supported at all sorry for being rude
See, the thing is that they have faith that the dev is going to deliver. That's fine, it's their money, and there's nothing wrong with that. I, personally, do not support projects that are not consistently showing results that appeal to me, and I'm sure many people feel the same.

Abelius has stated that he is staking his livelyhood on this project and his SubscribeStar page says "If support gets stuck at $2000, in a year from now my savings will be zero." He stated in a November post

"Now, the obvious question is: Should I be putting so much attention into detail when I have so much actual content to make?
Well, that's a good question. And in normal circumstances, I'd say "No, I shouldn't".
But I feel this is one of the reasons people tend to appreciate my gamedev style."

In his December post, he says that his partner is working on assets faster than he can implement them, but he doesn't have anything "non-spoilery" to show. So, why not use a spoiler tag or have somewhere people can go to see them? If some people don't want spoilers, it's on them for looking. This might be fine if Abelius already had the supporters he needs, but he doesn't.

He's admitted several times that this is not what most people are waiting on, but he's gambling that he can survive until that point and get a huge influx of supporters when he finally has something "big" to show, despite being certain that he doesn't need to change the way he's doing anything. Maybe it'll pay off.

Reactions: D4n0w4r

Limit0815

Jan 2, 2018
No update for 2 months but I need more supporters, that's what I see and read from everything at the moment. It's something that doesn't go together.

If I want supporter, it must be delivered.

If there are no regular updates, sooner or later the existing supporters will also drop out. Wouldn't be the first project that breaks like this.
I hope that this project will continue, the potential is there, but somehow I doubt it.

I too was considering supporting this project and the decision not to do so is due to the irregular updates.
In addition, good comments and ideas came, which were dealt with with "I'm the dev and you have no idea...".

English is not my native language, but I hope that the google translator doesn't translate too much wrong.
This post is my opinion and does not reflect the pro-or hate-side.

Happy New Year and let's see what happens next.

JAFO70

May 11, 2020
As someone who supports Abelius as a Small Tipper, it isn't about paying for the next update, it's about tangible support, to show him/her/they that people like their game. I loved Hot Coffee, but Thumbs Up and Likes does not keep a game alive, money does :confused:

4.00 star(s) 95 Votes