thisistheme

Jan 7, 2018
Quick question, what determines how well the character responds to the customers dialogue? I guess if she's too drunk she won't be able to pay attention and if she's not drunk enough she will be too bored, yes? Anything else? Do stats factor in for example

Priappus

Engaged Member
Nov 21, 2019
(Start of new Boss event chain after doing seriously BAD at work).
how does this manifestation begin?

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
I was not around for any of the previous game drama. From what I understand (LOK rebirth) he was doing the engine part on a team of people working the game. The team didn't get along or argued about something enough to split up. For Pizza he just on a 2 person team where he does everything but the art and I haven't heard any complaints about the art-side. As for the pissiness claim, can't say I've ever seen evidence of that in last 8 months. He did stop posting on this thread except to give progress announcements. Can't say I blame him for not wanting to engage on an internet forum where several people accuse him of being a lazy con artist :sneaky: Best way to respond is to simply keep working on the game and from what I can tell on the Discord, that is what is happening. That's why he gets the benefit of my doubt for now.
If you read the conversations leading up to him deciding not to engage, you'll see that his explosion was the result of people pointing out the game wasn't moving in the direction he promised and that he was focusing on content that had nothing to do with what he promised. He had promised hardcore content was "just around the corner" and this was well over a year ago. When he was criticized for focusing on the clothing system and other unnecessary and non-sexual content after 8 months of no releases, that was when he got a pissy attitude and stopped commenting here. Any accusations or suggestions of laziness only came after that.

Also, if you read a conversation he posted himself with the one running the LOK Rebirth project on that game's thread, he was removed from the project supposedly because he spent a lot of time going on vacations, wanted a substantial amount of money, made trivial progress, gave sob stories, and told the artist that most of his assets were too complex to use because all he could do was recolors.

Last edited:

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Wrong. Abelius was kicked off the team, and he himself has admitted this. He didn't choose to leave. He posted about this in the LOK Rebirth thread. I'm paraphrasing because he excluded that section of his DMs with Kuja, but Kuja supposedly called him "the worst amateur creator ever".
I didn't say he chose to leave, I just said he left. I get the misunderstanding since I could've worded that more specifically.

Kuja berated his technical skills and kicked him because he couldn't meet the constant demands for revisions and new assets and wanted to work on moving the actual game forward instead. Kuja doesn't have any technical skills of their own, they just tell the team to do X and has no clue about what goes into making X happen.

It's also worth noting that the Rebirth builds made by just Abelius and a commissioned artist had more content and took less time to make than literally any of builds with the full team, and the post-Abelius team's builds have only gotten progressively worse in that regard.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Um is the game bugged? I made two pizza orders and they won't come up and now nothing happens. I can move around but the order will not come up and I can't do anything.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
No sex scenes, and I was hoping that the dev would get around to including a little incest, mom or dad, or both.

kittehbit

Jun 13, 2020
I loved LOK Rebirth and I am happy that you make another game... That being said... Its way too grindy.. Like damn...!
If you want to grind out the punishment scenes.... it takes ages.
What makes it worse it the lack of information about "consequences". Did you want to make a bad shift and got an order too early to a table.. whole day wasted.
Did you try to go without underwear and still wanted the punishment? Too bad, its not possible. Another day's worth of grind wasted.
I mean ffs.. I only have so much free time on my hands in my life to play games. Just wasting hours on some pointless grind just to see a slightly different cutscene is just infuriating. Please change something about that dude.

Last edited:

Koyaga

Sep 6, 2020
I loved LOK Rebirth and I am happy that you make another game... That being said... Its way too grindy.. Like damn...!
If you want to grind out the punishment scenes.... it takes ages.
What makes it worse it the lack of information about "consequences". Did you want to make a bad shift and got an order too early to a table.. whole day wasted.
Did you try to go without underwear and still wanted the punishment? Too bad, its not possible. Another day's worth of grind wasted.
I mean ffs.. I only have so much free time on my hands in my life to play games. Just wasting hours on some pointless grind just to see a slightly different cutscene is just infuriating. Please change something about that dude.
As per the description, " it's a game about sexual discovery, slow corruption".

There are probably multiple ways of creating such a game, but I can easily identify 2 genres: you can implement it through a succession of scenes and call it a kinetic novel. Or you can integrate statistics and sandbox elements. It looks like the dev has made the second choice.
And, to be frank, this grind is made up of little details that change with time and make the game fun to play. As they say, it's not the destination that counts, it's the journey.

Reactions: Tebylas

DotaBers

May 14, 2020
I started the game again with pleasure, and in 5 hours I reached the maximum on the current version of the game of characteristics (25 perversion 25 exhibitionism). On account of the fact that there is no sexual content in the game, isn't masturbation a sexual act? :) . At the expense of sperm, on the first day, it seems, Kayla's father cummed on the character's ass when she connected the laptop. Well, the heroine almost dreamed of penetration, sorry she woke up ... I look forward to continuing the game. Maybe it makes sense for the author to release it on steam? There is a place full of depraved games.

mercytea

Oct 29, 2017
It's a fun game. But talking to customers about them is too hard. Pop-up windows should be around the female protagonist not far away from her.

LaoAnjin

Jul 24, 2017
I started the game again with pleasure, and in 5 hours I reached the maximum on the current version of the game of characteristics (25 perversion 25 exhibitionism). On account of the fact that there is no sexual content in the game, isn't masturbation a sexual act? :) . At the expense of sperm, on the first day, it seems, Kayla's father cummed on the character's ass when she connected the laptop. Well, the heroine almost dreamed of penetration, sorry she woke up ... I look forward to continuing the game. Maybe it makes sense for the author to release it on steam? There is a place full of depraved games.
Maybe your right about Steam, but, in my opinion, in this step of development, it's too early...it's only my opinion...

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
So, like your saying it was a bunch of people who criticized him. I'm only seeing a few as in just 2 to 3 people. Acually it looks like those 3 people were trolls anyhow. Most people were ok with his focus on the clothing system, in fact I was super looking forward to more clothing getting added.

I think the real issue people have when a dev works on what they may see as unessisary parts of the game and not the wham bam thank you mam parts of the game is cuase they dont follow threw with having those parts give additional content. Example dev adds more clothing, but that's it, the follow threw would be to have the new clothing they added have scenes associated with wearing those clothing n such.

Koyaga

Sep 6, 2020
Right. Repeated moronic statements are still moronic. Get informed and read earlier posts including mine
Dariusex007 merely rewrote what Mosman44 had said. And then, after your message to Dariusex007, Mosman44 took the time to reply to you on these points. But instead of acknowledging that what they're saying is probably true, you respond with another toxic message...

Reactions: kemcbg
Aug 12, 2018
If you read the conversations leading up to him deciding not to engage, you'll see that his explosion was the result of people pointing out the game wasn't moving in the direction he promised and that he was focusing on content that had nothing to do with what he promised. He had promised hardcore content was "just around the corner" and this was well over a year ago. When he was criticized for focusing on the clothing system and other unnecessary and non-sexual content after 8 months of no releases, that was when he got a pissy attitude and stopped commenting here. Any accusations or suggestions of laziness only came after that.

Also, if you read a conversation he posted himself with the one running the LOK Rebirth project on that game's thread, he was removed from the project supposedly because he spent a lot of time going on vacations, wanted a substantial amount of money, made trivial progress, gave sob stories, and told the artist that most of his assets were too complex to use because all he could do was recolors.
Well... "If one is looking for excuses, one will find it." Thats what immediately came to my mind while reading your text.
You know, your assumptions regarding to the beef with the LOK:Rebirth team might be true, but the thing is:
Look at LOK:R and look at Pizza Hot. Especially considering that LOK:R is a full year longer in development than Pizza Hot.

Just because the pace of development doesn't synergize with your patience does not necessarily mean it is the developer's fault.

Did he promised things that he could not hold up to? Yes. Does this mean he is bad at developing? No.
This only means he is bad at comunication.
Even without explicit content, this game is already better and much "rounder" than >90% of the other projects currently in development and as someone who works in a major studio for A+ games, I can assure you I know what I'm talking about.

Developing is not a linear process. You constantly run into obstacles and problems and you constantly have to overcome them.

If you want an example for bad and lazy developing, look at Kingdom Of Deception. The game has a shit ton of explicit content, but it went so tremendously downhill developing wise, it's nothing more than just a meme by now.

My conclusion is, that most of the critic Abelius is receiving is unjustified and is mainly based on impatience and bad experiences with other developers.

Destroyer007

Apr 26, 2018
Well... "If one is looking for excuses, one will find it." Thats what immediately came to my mind while reading your text.
You know, your assumptions regarding to the beef with the LOK:Rebirth team might be true, but the thing is:
Look at LOK:R and look at Pizza Hot. Especially considering that LOK:R is a full year longer in development than Pizza Hot.

Just because the pace of development doesn't synergize with your patience does not necessarily mean it is the developer's fault.

Did he promised things that he could not hold up to? Yes. Does this mean he is bad at developing? No.
This only means he is bad at comunication.
Even without explicit content, this game is already better and much "rounder" than >90% of the other projects currently in development and as someone who works in a major studio for A+ games, I can assure you I know what I'm talking about.

Developing is not a linear process. You constantly run into obstacles and problems and you constantly have to overcome them.

If you want an example for bad and lazy developing, look at Kingdom Of Deception. The game has a shit ton of explicit content, but it went so tremendously downhill developing wise, it's nothing more than just a meme by now.

My conclusion is, that most of the critic Abelius is receiving is unjustified and is mainly based on impatience and bad experiences with other developers.
Your comment is posting absolute garbage games as comparison and then using it to support your cause. Thats not how this works.... payment vs results, historical facts vs actual progress. This causes confusion and negative comments... in this case a lot of the comment is not negative but criticism that should be taken contructively if the dev wants to

As for myself, as a dev (now mgr) in the tech industry with a really good rep, the coding thats happening here is really slow for something so little and hopefully will pick up and not go back to old practices and constant let downs. Content art is not created by him so unless there's actual delays there, this much delays is absolutely complaint worthy. Stop talking about 'oh this is really good progress' and instead point out actual facts and comparison with actual businesses and not worse off games.

3.90 star(s) 97 Votes