• Tom

Votes: 289 9.0%
  • Any or all of the above

Votes: 1,120 35.0%

• Total voters

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
There are some major changes in the code since the last update, and old saves will not work.
Regarding the screen below:
'Open' means the game will automatically make choices that keep you on that character's path. The 'Only' options lock you into that character and that character only. The second row are for the most part kinetic novels. The 'PG13' option is the Patreon version and is what you would play if you didn't have the patch (which this version has).
View attachment 2669281
This is madness, but I'm sure that it will keep some people very happy if they have only one character they are rooting for. I'm not rooting for anybody so it is the random button for me! But PG-13? Your gonna do my boys like that?

• Haha
Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
This is madness, but I'm sure that it will keep some people very happy if they have only one character they are rooting for. I'm not rooting for anybody so it is the random button for me! But PG-13? Your gonna do my boys like that?
Think pg13 is the Patreon version

TinFoilHat19

Dec 17, 2020
Are you referring to where Tim overheard Tom bragging on the phone? Tim said he overheard Tom bragging about 'making out' with Lisa. Tim made no claims that Tom said more than that.

Lots of people add or delete details when retelling a story, especially if they were upset at the time it happened. If Tim previously overheard Tom and his friends talking about someone else's mom, he could assume that is what Tom wants for their own mom, but that would be just Tim projecting what he thinks Tom wants.
You got this game for Android?

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
PG 13:unsure:??? Why?? would child play this game??
PG13 is my Patreon version - without the patch. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TwinSideWings

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I cannot save ->
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
TypeError: self.ops cannot be converted to a Python object for pickling (perhaps store.f._holder = <pygame_sdl2.rwobject.RWopsImpl object at 0x0000000007750690>)
I am not sure if this is what you did but someone else got a similar error when they merged the new download over an old version. Unzipping the game into a new folder and starting a new game fixed it for them.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I am not sure if this is what you did but someone else got a similar error when they merged the new download over an old version. Unzipping the game into a new folder and starting a new game fixed it for them.
Same error here. First time that I play this game... I used the GoFile download link.:confused:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

f9z5

Jan 14, 2022
Deleted the folder, deleted the save games and tokens etc in %appdata%\RenPy . Still can't save.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 389, in __call__
TypeError: self.ops cannot be converted to a Python object for pickling (perhaps store.f._holder = <pygame_sdl2.rwobject.RWopsImpl object at 0x00000000077c33c0>)

Reactions: Stonerberg

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Deleted the folder, deleted the save games and tokens etc in %appdata%\RenPy . Still can't save.

Code:

While running game code:
TypeError: self.ops cannot be converted to a Python object for pickling (perhaps store.f._holder = <pygame_sdl2.rwobject.RWopsImpl object at 0x00000000077c33c0>)
I just downloaded the game from the 'PC' link on my Subscribestar onto a spare computer, started a new game, saved it in 3 places, and I was able to load using all 3 saves. (I don't have a mac so I have no way of testing that)
If you want to download from there, the link is open to everyone (i.e. free).

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I just downloaded the game from the 'PC' link on my Subscribestar onto a spare computer, started a new game, saved it in 3 places, and I was able to load using all 3 saves. (I don't have a mac so I have no way of testing that)
If you want to download from there, the link is open to everyone (i.e. free).
Just tested the one's here and the one on your SS...

Manual save and quick save all give the same error, tested on 2 different machines.

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
I downloaded the compressed version and got this

Code:

While running game code:
TypeError: self.ops cannot be converted to a Python object for pickling (perhaps store.f._holder = <pygame_sdl2.rwobject.RWopsImpl object at 0x0000000007edb900>)

I assume many others have reported as well so I will just quietly stand in the line lol.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
For those having save issues:
Are you using the PC or Mac version? Are you using a compressed version?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
For those having save issues:
Are you using the PC or Mac version? Are you using a compressed version?
I tested the PC version both uncompressed and my compressed version, used both the ones in the OP and the ones from SS (on 2 different machines)...literally after you get past do you want the narrator and name the people and try to save and error.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sirren
2.60 star(s) 25 Votes