4.40 star(s) 14 Votes

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
Heavily disappointed in what I actually see after reading reviews. This is at best mediocre game with heavy shilling going on. Some guy even wrote few posts back "Pleasure thieves is probably one of the top games on this site." Top game my ass. Probably haven't seen a single other game here and registered just to post it. Or very likely it was someone from the dev team shilling his own game in the worst way.

The story is very cringy. Do people really think "goofy faces" or hugging the toilet is funny? Or generally making an idiot out of yourself? Even choosing the option to disable "goofy faces" the game still looks like this option doesn't even work, however I am not brave enough to check what would change if I tried the other way. And the bear scene? WTF? It was the first naked scene with some girl in the game and instead of trying to enjoy it I was too busy facepalming. Whoever writes the story should be fired immediately.

Oh and the game on top of heavy pushing for patreon support tries to gather data for "improvement". I really wish there were less companies out there trying to get into this market for quick bucks using disgusting tactics and more people actually loving making games for other people.

Honey Tales

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We're sorry you didn't like our game. Probably you were expecting something the game is not. It's a goofy game and our references are very clear: Porky's, Golden Boy and all kinds of silly comedies. Some people like them, others hate them. It's very difficult to please everybody. Now, regarding some of your comments...

Some guy even wrote few posts back "Pleasure thieves is probably one of the top games on this site." Top game my ass. Probably haven't seen a single other game here and registered just to post it. Or very likely it was someone from the dev team shilling his own game in the worst way.
Believe it or not some people actually like this game. We can promise you we don't write fake posts praising our own game. That's a lame tactic we hate. So we don't do it. As a matter of fact, the game has only been reviewed by 6 players in a year. The rest of the comments are totally legit (the good and the bad ones).

The story is very cringy. Do people really think "goofy faces" or hugging the toilet is funny? Or generally making an idiot out of yourself? Even choosing the option to disable "goofy faces" the game still looks like this option doesn't even work, however I am not brave enough to check what would change if I tried the other way. And the bear scene? WTF? It was the first naked scene with some girl in the game and instead of trying to enjoy it I was too busy facepalming. Whoever writes the story should be fired immediately.
Exactly what portraits you still find goofy after disabling the option? This is something we can improve. Regarding firing the writer..., not sure if we can do it.

Oh and the game on top of heavy pushing for patreon support tries to gather data for "improvement". I really wish there were less companies out there trying to get into this market for quick bucks using disgusting tactics and more people actually loving making games for other people.
"Heavy pushing"? The Patreon banner only shows up at the end of every chapter. The game gathers data to improve the game, yes. And it's totally optional. You can easily opt-out. Thanks to that we have spotted problems across the game. You also imply we are here for the quick bucks? This game has been in development for more than a year. All assets paid from our pocket. We just recently passed 40 patrons. Do you think this game is profitable at all? If we would be looking for that, we'd have shut down the game a long time ago.

Ryder-Wilson

Aug 29, 2017
Heavily disappointed in what I actually see after reading reviews. This is at best mediocre game with heavy shilling going on. Some guy even wrote few posts back "Pleasure thieves is probably one of the top games on this site." Top game my ass. Probably haven't seen a single other game here and registered just to post it. Or very likely it was someone from the dev team shilling his own game in the worst way.

That is just your opinion. I disagree with everything you said. You completely misunderstand the meaning of this game and I suspect that you never saw an 90s/early 2000 comedy, like American Pie, in your entire life. This is not a game with a serious story like 90% of the games in the site and i think that the description and the developer said that very clearly. If you dont find the game funny it's just your problem.

BellaSouth

Nov 22, 2019
Some guy even wrote few posts back "Pleasure thieves is probably one of the top games on this site." Top game my ass. Probably haven't seen a single other game here and registered just to post it. Or very likely it was someone from the dev team shilling his own game in the worst way.
You're assuming a lot, or have any evidence of that? Oh, your opinion is not a fact, is just a little opinion.
Do people really think "goofy faces" or hugging the toilet is funny?
Yes I think. And I speak for me, I would never take the right to believe that what I thought is what others are thinking.
Or generally making an idiot out of yourself?
Definitely you're speaking of yourself.
Whoever writes the story should be fired immediately.
No he doesn't. Is a very funny story.

declannl

Nov 17, 2018
Still problems with macOS Catalina.
the 2 first releases works fine, the last 3 didn't

In setting menu its freezed
when playing and get the option normal or funny faces I can click everywhere nothing happend.
spacebar let the option go away and gets it back.
l key gives me some logs
in settings when enable is disable funny faces and press the return button the fames freezes noway to do anything, music still playing
please fix

already done this

1. Move the game from the Downloads folder to any other.
2. When you try to run the game, you will see a pop-up saying that "Pleasure Thieves" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
3. Click "OK"
4. Go to "System Preferences" -> "Security and Privacy."
5. Under "Allow apps downloaded from:" you will see something like "Pleasure Thieves was blocked from opening...blablabla". Click "Open Anyway".
6. Done. :)

lewdking114

Oct 3, 2019

when playing and get the option normal or funny faces I can click everywhere nothing happend.
l key gives me some logs
in settings when enable is disable funny faces and press the return button the fames freezes noway to do anything, music still playing
please fix
having the same issue

Are there any fixes?

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
so i am still curious: do i have to play the average looking slim guy? or can i play other male characters? the blonde cheerleader girl looks sexy btw :)

Honey Tales

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018

l key gives me some logs
please fix

already done this

2. When you try to run the game, you will see a pop-up saying that "Pleasure Thieves" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
3. Click "OK"
5. Under "Allow apps downloaded from:" you will see something like "Pleasure Thieves was blocked from opening...blablabla". Click "Open Anyway".
having the same issue

Are there any fixes?
We'll try to investigate. So you can see the introduction and the game only get stuck when you have to choose either goofy or default faces? (or pressing the settings?)

Honey Tales

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018

l key gives me some logs
please fix

already done this

3. Click "OK"
having the same issue

Are there any fixes?
Hi again,

Unfortunately, we cannot test it in Catalina as we have Sierra installed in our mac.
However, a few weeks ago, some other users complained about something "related" and there was a solution for him. You guys might want to give a try: Extract the game directly into a different folder than the "Downloads" folder. Don't copy it from there. If there is a permission problem, the issue will remain if you just copy the files. Must be a fresh unzip.

Also, if you can, please attach the log file so we can take a look. Should be located here (~/Library/Logs/Company Name/Product Name/Player.log )

And if nothing works, you might want to try the save files from the OP to see if that helps you.

declannl

Nov 17, 2018
We'll try to investigate. So you can see the introduction and the game only get stuck when you have to choose either goofy or default faces? (or pressing the settings?)
I can start the game. if i go to settings right away i can make changes i go back the game hangs. I stop the game focused and start again he gives it remembered. I can see intruduction, as soon as I have to choose whether I want to play normally or with funny faces, it sticks. with space it goes away and comes back

declannl

Nov 17, 2018
Hi again,

Unfortunately, we cannot test it in Catalina as we have Sierra installed in our mac.
However, a few weeks ago, some other users complained about something "related" and there was a solution for him. You guys might want to give a try: Extract the game directly into a different folder than the "Downloads" folder. Don't copy it from there. If there is a permission problem, the issue will remain if you just copy the files. Must be a fresh unzip.

Also, if you can, please attach the log file so we can take a look. Should be located here (~/Library/Logs/Company Name/Product Name/Player.log )

And if nothing works, you might want to try the save files from the OP to see if that helps you.
unzipped in a new location, no-go. I know where the log files are, but there were no new logs for today

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
unzipped in a new location, no-go. I know where the log files are, but there were no new logs for today
Play until the game freeze or something strange happens, then upload the log file.

The log file overwrites itself after each game start.

hx25885

May 25, 2019
I was able to connect one of my computers to Patreon using front page button and get access to exclusive content. But cannot do the same using another computer, error 404 appears. Is it single computer use authorisation or something wrong?

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes