4.40 star(s) 14 Votes

Honey Tales

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Patreon connect button not working for side content in new version!
Could you give us more details? Are you still an active patron ($5 or higher tier)? Are you using any previously saved game? If so, it would help us if you can share it. (you can do it by private message)

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Chapter1, right? Can you elaborate a bit more? When exactly? :)
Why is the apk version twice as big as the others? And why on Itch it's written "Version 5", while the others are labeled "Version 7"?

khahan

Jun 21, 2018
Unity is not your friend. This is a great game from the times I've tested it out. Graphics are superb. Story line is there. Choices to be made so its interactive. I don't mind choices that lead to different scenes or choices that may make you miss scenes. But doing this in unity is a deal breaker. Unity is horrible for sandbox type games. If this was ren'py it could easily be one of my favorites.

Reactions: drcynic22

Honey Tales

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Why is the apk version twice as big as the others? And why on Itch it's written "Version 5", while the others are labeled "Version 7"?
To be honest... Not clue! Unity makes the build and we get the APK. We'll take a deep look just in case there are duplicated files somewhere.

Unity is not your friend. This is a great game from the times I've tested it out. Graphics are superb. Story line is there. Choices to be made so its interactive. I don't mind choices that lead to different scenes or choices that may make you miss scenes. But doing this in unity is a deal breaker. Unity is horrible for sandbox type games. If this was ren'py it could easily be one of my favorites.
It's a matter of knowing the engine. We don't know anything about Ren'py, so it will take us some time to produce the game there. Also, we are using external tools that help us with the coding (we use visual scripting add-ons) We hear players complaining about using Unity. Is it because of the performance? The VN addon we use mimics pretty much all the features of Ren'py.

Reactions: rf96

drcynic22

Dec 5, 2018
I actually just replayed this game yesterday. I've gotta get a walkthrough for the free roaming bits.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
It's a matter of knowing the engine. We don't know anything about Ren'py, so it will take us some time to produce the game there. Also, we are using external tools that help us with the coding (we use visual scripting add-ons) We hear players complaining about using Unity. Is it because of the performance? The VN addon we use mimics pretty much all the features of Ren'py.
People are bias towards "Unity", because the engine rely heavily on Windows and on users's configuration. So many people complaint about games based on Unity, but the main issues was the user's settings. Either they used outdated drivers, Windows system wasn't updated or third party applications cause problems. But it was always Unity's fault :FacePalm: .

Another point why people prefer Ren'Py is, that they can easily rip the game's CGs or modify the game as much as they like (cheat engine, walkthrough mods etc..).

Last edited:

khahan

Jun 21, 2018
To be honest... Not clue! Unity makes the build and we get the APK. We'll take a deep look just in case there are duplicated files somewhere.

Yes, its performance. Generally on Unity there is no scroll back and loading is slow. If you mis-click correcting it takes too long due to these issues. If you delete the game between releases, generally unity doesn't have saves load up so stuff you've already played you have to replay thru again - at a slow pace. Even with a fast forward button.

But I don't want to focus on the bad. Like I said, this game could easily be in my favorite ever list because of the stuff you guys are responsible for. :)

I guess I shouldn't say its a deal breaker. But I'll probably only check it out every few updates instead of every one.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I'd be able to enjoy this game more if the MC didn't remind me of like a young Jim Varney

1593629502036.png

drcynic22

Dec 5, 2018

From my perspective, Unity makes the sandbox portions a bit more difficult to navigate. There's no autosave like there is on Ren'py, and I've forgotten when closing the game, so I have lost progress. The other thing with Unity is if I make a bad choice (Or I want to see where the other choice leads), I can't simply go back and redo it quickly. I have to go to my previous save. It's just little inconveniences like that, which leads me to think that Ren'py is better than Unity, but I like this game enough that I would play it on any engine.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
From my perspective, Unity makes the sandbox portions a bit more difficult to navigate. There's no autosave like there is on Ren'py, and I've forgotten when closing the game, so I have lost progress. The other thing with Unity is if I make a bad choice (Or I want to see where the other choice leads), I can't simply go back and redo it quickly. I have to go to my previous save. It's just little inconveniences like that, which leads me to think that Ren'py is better than Unity, but I like this game enough that I would play it on any engine.
Nothing to do with Unity. You can have all of this with Unity as well. All this is a matter of coding skills. Nothing more.

no_name_742

Aug 9, 2017
anything we could do for the save, or do i have to start from the start?

EDIT* copying the 4.0 files over the 3.2.1.0 worked for me

drcynic22

Dec 5, 2018
Nothing to do with Unity. You can have all of this with Unity as well. All this is a matter of coding skills. Nothing more.
Well, then none of the devs who have coded their VNs in Unity have decided to do it, then (at least as far as the games that I've played). I'm not that interested in determining which program is better, since I'm not a dev, and I don't know how to code or anything like that. My interest is in how easy it is for me to play the game and in my experience Ren'Py has been far easier to play in than Unity.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Anyone having problems with loading previous saves? ( Continue option "greyed out")

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes