VN Ren'Py Abandoned Point of No Return [v0.4] [ForrowTempo]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Rearden

Game Developer
May 7, 2018
Does anyone know why some text are in Russian and others are in English? Is there a way to fix that? An example is when I got a tex message from my friend and the other in my brother's room.

I guess we missed a line to translate, it shouldn't be frequent occasion, please tell us if you'll see something like this.
Btw second option on the screenshot is "Watch a movie", if you wonder.

Reactions: Catwashere

mazariah

Apr 27, 2017
I guess we missed a line to translate, it shouldn't be frequent occasion, please tell us if you'll see something like this.
Btw second option on the screenshot is "Watch a movie", if you wonder.
This also happens on the option to give the dad a massage in the living room.

solid_snake

Apr 5, 2018
For people having problems with missing UI, I found the issue. It seems that my patch had been applied incorrectly. I'm messaging the developers so they should have a hotfix ready shortly.

I'll see if I can make a quick fix for here.

-S

Floser

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2016
For people having problems with missing UI, I found the issue. It seems that my patch had been applied incorrectly. I'm messaging the developers so they should have a hotfix ready shortly.

I'll see if I can make a quick fix for here.

-S
I think that I've already fixed that bug. I rewriting the whole code from scratch, now UI elements use persistent.lang instead of inherited variable.

Rearden

Game Developer
May 7, 2018
This also happens on the option to give the dad a massage in the living room.
Anyway atm the whole code is being rewritten, so I'll have to redo or transfer the old one somehow, so I will fix those things and hopefully will have time even to doublecheck it

Reactions: mazariah

solid_snake

Apr 5, 2018
I think that I've already fixed that bug. I rewriting the whole code from scratch, now UI elements use persistent.lang instead of inherited variable.
Yes, but there's the problem that all the devs had missed for this version: If you don't get a language prompt, then there's nothing inside of the persistent variable. That's why the UI still isn't visible for the first-time players.

Here's a thing: the condition in the code doesn't check against the initial value proper.

Instead of leaving the default language set to "None", you set it to Null(). Of course checking between those fails.
-S

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
Nothing happens.
Does anyone know what it is?
I had a few scenes with Samantha, one kiss or another.
My brother calls me to run every night.
There's a girl I try to talk to but it seems like a mistake, so I ignored her.
And after that nothing happens. Does anyone have a walkthough or something?

solid_snake

Apr 5, 2018
Nothing happens.
Does anyone know what it is?
I had a few scenes with Samantha, one kiss or another.
My brother calls me to run every night.
There's a girl I try to talk to but it seems like a mistake, so I ignored her.
And after that nothing happens. Does anyone have a walkthough or something?
Since I'm not a developer, but do contribute to this project here and there, please take this reply with a grain of salt.

You are right. This version only adds 40+ pictures, and fixes a few underlying errors (although it adds a few new ones, but the devels had been informed of my findings.) And yes, this version mostly adds quite a bit for Samantha's path whilst adding small additions to the other characters.

And yes, the translation fix is coming up.
-S

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
Since I'm not a developer, but do contribute to this project here and there, please take this reply with a grain of salt.

You are right. This version only adds 40+ pictures, and fixes a few underlying errors (although it adds a few new ones, but the devels had been informed of my findings.) And yes, this version mostly adds quite a bit for Samantha's path whilst adding small additions to the other characters.

And yes, the translation fix is coming up.
-S
You mean, there's nothing more with Sam than some kisses? Three, if i remember?
Something like slepping together and that it? In this version?

solid_snake

Apr 5, 2018
You mean, there's nothing more with Sam than some kisses? Three, if i remember?
Something like slepping together and that it? In this version?
Wait, hold on, you have the version 0.3 or 0.4?

Because in 0.3 there's only a "trial kiss" whilst in 0.4 there's a full date with Sam. No sex as of yet, but still a proper date between them.

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
Wait, hold on, you have the version 0.3 or 0.4?

Because in 0.3 there's only a "trial kiss" whilst in 0.4 there's a full date with Sam. No sex as of yet, but still a proper date between them.
I have this version of this topic. V 0.3, i think

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018
Will there be v0.4 or v0.5 or is this thread dead? (Im new here and saw that v0.4 was released a month ago.)

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote