VN Ren'Py Abandoned Point of No Return [v0.4] [ForrowTempo]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

sergop

Jul 24, 2017
I saw a couple of people asking for a walkthrough but i never saw one. Anyone knows if there is one?

Tete_Cohete

May 6, 2017
Upload it to Virustotal
There are more than 60 various malware detectors there (antivirus engines, spyware detecors etc), including all top-of-the-line products that will all scan the file and show you the results. Ren'Py and RPGM executables and mostly the Adrift Player gets false positives quite often from a very small number of malware detectors.
I did not kown this online service, thanks for letting me know.

I used it with the .exe and this is the result:

upload_2018-9-8_1-24-17.png

Just to compare, the .exe from GGGB-alfa got this report:
upload_2018-9-8_1-32-47.png

Reactions: dav121

bukvil

Dec 2, 2017
0.4 Changelog

ONLY NEW GAME!

Technical side:

- 90% of the entire game code, was rewritten.

- Player action restricted according to logic, so you wont end up spending night at the university or geting in closed rooms.

- Message system was developed and tested, but we decided to rework visual side of it, so it's delayed until the next version, as well as Instagram analogue, which is in development

UI:

As usual: small changes to the UI.

Game content:

- Added a full quest system. (For 10+ patrons)

- Added a continuation of the branch with Samantha.

- Now you can play video games with your brother.

- Changed the line of narration. The days and events are rebuilt into a more logical order.

- Added several missing images for daily actions.

Outcome:

- 40 new pictures.

- 90% of the code was rewritten. (But, of course, no one will notice it.)

Floser

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2016
Are there any possibility in the game of earning that quickly (without grind in caffee)? If not, i'll just cheat.
Yes. I understand that at this stage it's boring. So, u can take money in room in the PC button after passing the quest with his brother, where he gives money.

Reactions: Dilettante

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Yes. I understand that at this stage it's boring. So, u can take money in room in the PC button after passing the quest with his brother, where he gives money.
Спасибо за подсказку. Да, контента в общем пока маловато чтобы сидеть над этим. Возможно если бы работа в кафе приносила долларов 50 за раз я бы еще подумал, но не так. Thanks for the hint. Yeah, overall content is pretty small to sit on this task. If this work was bringing 50$ or more i'd consider it, but not how it is now.
the command you want is player.money :D
Yeah, i know. :)

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
after the date in the sushi can invite the girl to the house or she always said no?

solid_snake

Apr 5, 2018
I did not kown this online service, thanks for letting me know.

I used it with the .exe and this is the result:

View attachment 147136

Just to compare, the .exe from GGGB-alfa got this report:
View attachment 147138
Let me dissolve a little bit of FUD (Fear, uncertainty, and doubt) around these things: The executable, created with Ren'Py will always trigger false positives. For instance, out of 20 or so Renpy games that I had tested, 19 of them yielded positives in at least 2 engines, namely: Cylance returning "unsafe" (whatever that means), and Jiangmin (Trojan.heur.aom). There was only one exception with a single (false positive) detection, and that is from a game called A Wife And A Mother.

Additionally, it seemed that the scan for PonR was executed quite a long time ago, so I ran it again, and oddly enough, with updated algorithms to detect viruses, the 8 detected "threats" shrunk down to 5.

Funnily enough, Sophos detected it twice, leaving only Rising. However, since this is "detected" as a CryptoMiner, but reported as "clean" with majority of the big names (that can detect that trojan), this is a safe bet there's nothing in the executable.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the icon in the executable is causing chaos.

HOWEVER, if you're that paranoid, you can use any other executable from any ren`py game as a drop-in replacement for that.

And the link to VirusTotal for this game:

-S

Reactions: Floser and dav121
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote