VN Ren'Py Abandoned Point of No Return [v0.4] [ForrowTempo]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Rearden

Game Developer
May 7, 2018
It's because images are in lossless and low compression PNG format. It's easy to convert them into either lossless webp and gain less than a half of the current size or into lossy webp and gain way over a half of the size (depending on lossy compression image quality settings). I'm sure they'll do it in the future like most devs have recently done.

And about the talk - it's obviously something that will be added in the future, so far it seems to be just an empty placeholder.
What I can see is that the UI is already well made and the game structure, event and stat system behind it seems to be already in place, so there's little chance that the UI will be modified with every new version, making old saves incompatible and forcing you to start the game from scratch like many other games do.

Not too bad for a first release. I've seen much worse.
Indeed, "talk" button is a placeholder for now, that most likely will be featured in the next version.
About the compression, yes, we're currently digging into it to find the best balance between size and quality.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
AVG quarantined this and forced me to restart my computer to completely remove it. Is there a way to stop it getting flagged, aside from turning off my antivirus? Also, is this lesbian only content?

Rearden

Game Developer
May 7, 2018
AVG quarantined this and forced me to restart my computer to completely remove it. Is there a way to stop it getting flagged, aside from turning off my antivirus? Also, is this lesbian only content?
Just to note we dont necessarily detect these as malware just more as its a anomalous file cause of its construction. This is what this detection name is: MachineLearning/Anomalous.100%
for details go here:
go to Malwerbyte's settings -> exclusions ->exclude file or folder -> next -> click select folder and select the game folder -> ok.

This will add the game folder to the exclusion list. move the compressed game in the folder and then un(rar/zip) in place.
As someone replied to this, it's not actualy viruses for sure, we know that lastest version of Ren'Py potentially could cause that kind of stuff, we'll dig into it.
Not only lesbian content, but it'll be up to your choices.

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
A good start, but with all of the missing content right now, it's just not worth getting into. I'd much rather see a 3 day, full 0.0.1 version that just needs to continue with the story, than to have run through 10+ days only to see all of these empty placeholders and missing features with one linear path for you to follow. When demos are put out like this, it turns the game less into a VN and more into a "wtf am I supposed to be doing?" experience, with barely any real content to be found. Overall it's a nice idea, but lots more needs to be done before it can even be considered early access.

The english script also needs some help to make it more fluent and smooth. Feel free to message me with a text file if you want me to read over it!

helpmeout

Dec 2, 2017
How do you play? I can not talk to any family members as there is no options to click after I click on their circles.

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
How do you play? I can not talk to any family members as there is no options to click after I click on their circles.
The talk option is just a placeholder for the time being. There's really not that much content in the current version.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
@Rearden Sorry, I should have read through the comments, I was being lazy, I will give that a try

Edit: It quarantined it as soon as I extracted it, I had to add my whole downloads folder to the exception list, but it worked that way

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
Maybe not loads of people, but we are not all horny wankers who needs to fuck every character in game. For example this game, I'm happy to only do some lesbian stuff with Sam(and hopefully with mom), but I will NOT touch those male family members. So yeah, there are different kind players out there.
I've also played a couple games doing all of the non-dirty choices, just to see the game play out that way (Elena's Life, Anna: Exciting Affection, etc) there was actually one game, I can't remember what it was, that it ended after the first choice, which kinda bothered me, because you had no choice but to be corrupted, which was annoying

grapedog

Feb 24, 2018
am i missing something, when I get to the bedroom after changing clothes, there are no options for me to go anywhere, there are no buttons at the bottom of the screen. I'm just stuck there...

Rearden

Game Developer
May 7, 2018
@ np, that's why I'm here.

I've also played a couple games doing all of the non-dirty choices, just to see the game play out that way (Elena's Life, Anna: Exciting Affection, etc) there was actually one game, I can't remember what it was, that it ended after the first choice, which kinda bothered me, because you had no choice but to be corrupted, which was annoying
It would be cool to make a game with an outstanding plot, so sexual content could be optional. But atm we're sort of struggling with originality of our current contet, coz we're amators in that kind of stuff and hiring professional script writer is a sort of only a long run milestone, until which we will improve and get some experience/ideas by ourselves. It's even a subject of arguments right now, how quickly should "transformation to slut" escalate so we don't break out of innocent character setting. And we have to make adult contet if you're trying to earn money, so it's almost forced to be in the game.
Anyway, tell us what do you think about all that, how sluty game should be and how fast.
am i missing something, when I get to the bedroom after changing clothes, there are no options for me to go anywhere, there are no buttons at the bottom of the screen. I'm just stuck there...
Try to wait by clicking on the time(top left corner), but not sure right now, I'll chek later if time skip won't work.

Rearden

Game Developer
May 7, 2018
when i download this game it says it has virus and i cant play it ?
Just to note we dont necessarily detect these as malware just more as its a anomalous file cause of its construction. This is what this detection name is: MachineLearning/Anomalous.100%
for details go here:
go to Malwerbyte's settings -> exclusions ->exclude file or folder -> next -> click select folder and select the game folder -> ok.

This will add the game folder to the exclusion list. move the compressed game in the folder and then un(rar/zip) in place.

WutIsThat

Feb 18, 2018
Have similar problems, trying to wait 30 mins doesn't work

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Once you've noticed this bedroom, it's like the bathroom... you start seeing it over and over...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just started playing and guess which bedroom, house, bathroom, etc... showed up? ;) haha

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Just started playing and guess which bedroom, house, bathroom, etc... showed up? ;) haha
They are overused, but there are hundreds of games that use Daz and only dozens of bedrooms to use, and most bedrooms there are 3 years old with horrible textures.

Reactions: phreadom

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
They are overused, but there are hundreds of games that use Daz and only dozens of bedrooms to use, and most bedrooms there are 3 years old with horrible textures.
I really don't mind that much. I find it more humorous than anything. :) It's like seeing the same actor playing different roles in different movies. It doesn't really break suspension of disbelief or reduce enjoyment in the long run.

grapedog

Feb 24, 2018
Try to wait by clicking on the time(top left corner), but not sure right now, I'll chek later if time skip won't work.
So, I can forward time, and get to the next mandatory event. Like skipping time will get me to dinner, and then put me back in my room, and I can skip time until I sleep, and then go to school the next day, and then skip time again until I'm back in the bedroom. But I cannot move about the house... I can only be in my room, or skip time to get to the next mandatory event.

I like the work put in, I'll just wait for the next update. Keep up the good work!

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote