Ergast

May 31, 2017
Good to know she's working on it. And well, there's still 2 months before a whole year has passed, so there's no need to put any tag yet. What other games is she working on, apart from this one?
She has a project called pyrite panic, whose webpage says "coming soon", but most of the pictures and videos I've seen in her twitter are about pkmn ecchi version, to be honest.

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
She has a project called pyrite panic, whose webpage says "coming soon", but most of the pictures and videos I've seen in her twitter are about pkmn ecchi version, to be honest.
Well, shit. Any news about when a new update for pkmn ecchi version could drop?

Ergast

May 31, 2017
Not that I've seen, but there are videos with Allie (the MC) walking in front of lugia, and accepting new quests, not just pictures of Allie having a good time with different mons and characters, so I don't think it should take THAT much. Unless she is going for a big update or life is kicking her too much, of course. But that's my guess, so take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Lewyn Collins

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Except... she isn't asking for anything for the game. Hinorashi's patreon gets her about 200 bucks per month, and it doesn't say anything about the game, the only thing she says is that it lets her give more time to work on her projects, one of them being this one, that she is offering for free.

And her twitter (the main way to check on what she is doing, right now) shows a lot of new pictures and scenes. The last ones from May 2023. Or her picarto streams, if you manage to get to one of them. People can check that she IS working on it if they put a bit of effort.

You want to tag it abandoned or on hold/hiatus? Fair enough, by the rules of the forum it should be, afaik. But you can also see the progress if you look into it. This isn't Era Hunter, so to speak.
As long as she is upfront about the fact that any money given to her through Patreon or whatever is to support her generally then that is the right way to do it. I did not look into what was stated on her Patreon because half the time to get any information from a Patreon page you have to donate something. So I will apologize for accusing her of something she isn't doing.

I still stand by my point though, many devs ask for donations for specific games and that I think is wrong if they use that money for other projects.

BULB4BEANI3

Jul 8, 2023
EVERY time i download it it wont let me use it it justs tells me to open it with something what is it
Is it in a zip file? Personally i use either 8zip from windows or right click and extract or have you already done that? Is there a way you can use the snip tool and post a picture of what you are seeing?

Ergast

May 31, 2017
I still stand by my point though, many devs ask for donations for specific games and that I think is wrong if they use that money for other projects.
Fair enough, I won't argue that point, and I'd like to say nobody would but... this is Internet and I've found stranger people, so... xD

xenohunter11

Aug 10, 2020
dude who here know how to scale down the pokemon in overworld when u are naked cuz just saw a level 45 arcanine and it beat the shit out of me and it isnt even fair for new player who just started

Oct 8, 2021
dude who here know how to scale down the pokemon in overworld when u are naked cuz just saw a level 45 arcanine and it beat the shit out of me and it isnt even fair for new player who just started
There really isn't, the alpha pokemon you encounter will always be a certain number of levels higher than your highest level pokemon. On the bright side though if you actually manage to catch one (which you can do believe it or not it's just not easy by any definition of the word) it will be a massively valuable asset in battle.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
There really isn't, the alpha pokemon you encounter will always be a certain number of levels higher than your highest level pokemon. On the bright side though if you actually manage to catch one (which you can do believe it or not it's just not easy by any definition of the word) it will be a massively valuable asset in battle.
Theoretically, for any Pokemon game, unless a Pokemon is specifically labelled in-code as uncatchable (or in the case of Pokemon Essentials, if its Catch Rating is 0, which means only a Master Ball can catch it), there's always a chance to catch one. It just so happens that for something like this scenario, the chance is pretty slim without throwing the kitchen sink at it.

For that scenario xeno had, Arcanine has a catch rating of 75. Let's assume he's at full health, since he's a much higher level than the team. I'll be generous and put a BURN on it, since status conditions can help with catching, and the MC always has a Cyndaquil (or equivalent evo). I'm not entirely sure what Pokemon Essentials (or this specific fangame, for that matter) uses for the catching formula, but since I can clearly see the Gen 5 spritestyle, I'll assume that. We'll assume the grass is thick (yes, this is important). And, for the last assumption, let's assume that xeno is using just regular standard PokeBalls.

I'll save the long and drawn out math and just draw it down to the results:
There is about a 9.627% chance to catch this Arcanine in one throw.
This chance goes to about 50% if you use 7 balls in a row.
At 30 balls in a row, you will have about a 95% chance.

If you use Great Balls, the chance per throw grows to about 13%. For Ultra Balls, it's about 16%.

Reactions: Alkasal
4.10 star(s) 46 Votes