JustAShroomGod

Jul 21, 2023
Hi, I was just wondering how to run it on a mac? I really would like to play it but I can't run the exe file nor the rxproj file nor the ini file, and I'm stuck. Help would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
here are some screenshots for if they help:
Screen Shot 2023-12-28 at 12.19.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-28 at 12.20.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-12-28 at 12.20.28 AM.png

ninjahedgehog

Oct 23, 2018
Hi, I like playing RPGs on the go/handheld so wanted to play it on Joiplay. Wanted to see if anyone got this game playing well on the latest version. Several assets aren't showing up, the map looks messed up, the player starts off naked and blindfolded and the walking noise is wrong.

Reaper Deathdrake

Aug 26, 2022
I got an error message when starting after getting the badge ash town (ScripteWindow' line 1779: Emo:ENOENT occured No such file or directory - Data/regionals,dat ) can anyone help i tried to start a new game but it don't help !

Nov 29, 2020
holy unhelpful response
so from what I understand I need to 80$ to get the stupid RPGMV which is the only one that works on mac. Joy. The free trial doesn't even come in mac.
It's a place to start. Given that I don't use a Mac (and most people here don't), it's the best I can do. Unless you want me to do all the research for you. You could also try searching the thread here for advice.
Also, you don't need RPG Maker itself. That's for developers. It's my understanding that RPG Maker uses some function calls that are unique to Windows, making porting it to other systems tricky. Most of the advice I've seen involves using an emulator.

I got an error message when starting after getting the badge ash town (ScripteWindow' line 1779: Emo:ENOENT occured No such file or directory - Data/regionals,dat ) can anyone help i tried to start a new game but it don't help !
The message says you don't have regionals.dat file in the Data folder. Is that true? You should, it's included in the archive. Did something go wrong with the extraction? Did you only extract Game.exe?

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
Glad to hear that the game finally got updated. But im still gonna be waiting for a bit while longer. Joiplay is really my only way of playing the game. And it seems people are already saying that this version is shaky with Joiplay right now. Hoping somebody tinkers and tweaks with it some time soon.
You're probably going to be waiting for a long time then. This game has had issues with joiplay for a long time.

Arty_Wolf

Jul 31, 2023
Has anyone figured out where to get the crown of flowers and the clue for the number puzzle for Hepatica Island yet? I can't seem to find them in order to get Lugia.

BradW

Jun 28, 2018
Has anyone figured out where to get the crown of flowers and the clue for the number puzzle for Hepatica Island yet? I can't seem to find them in order to get Lugia.
The crown of flowers can be bought at one of the two counters in the first floor of Jasmine Gym (the first one). Other than that I don't know yet. I haven't gotten that far.

JustAShroomGod

Jul 21, 2023
It's a place to start. Given that I don't use a Mac (and most people here don't), it's the best I can do. Unless you want me to do all the research for you. You could also try searching the thread here for advice.
Also, you don't need RPG Maker itself. That's for developers. It's my understanding that RPG Maker uses some function calls that are unique to Windows, making porting it to other systems tricky. Most of the advice I've seen involves using an emulator.
I was probably a little rude, I apologize, but I did that way before making an account just to ask that question, and thus it was a little redundant. It seems that despite having mac listed on playable systems in the description, there is NO mac version, which is just disappointing since mac users never get anything. I have looked into emulators before extensively and unfortunately they are either too expensive, broken, or I don't have enough space for them, so that's not an option. It may be that I just can't play the game, which is unfortunate. Thank you for trying to help though!

Reaper Deathdrake

Aug 26, 2022

The message says you don't have regionals.dat file in the Data folder. Is that true? You should, it's included in the archive. Did something go wrong with the extraction? Did you only extract Game.exe?
I was playing it it ran find wed. when i when to play it thurs. it gave me that error. i rextracted it works fine now but save will not boot up but i don't mind.

4.10 star(s) 46 Votes